• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Brawl v0.9b (fixed download)

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
NOTE: This mod has been abandoned.

After noticing there wasn't any Brawl mod that stood right inbetween the high level of play of Melee and the ease of play of Brawl and Smash 4 (Ultimate i think does this) I decided to do one myself.

Introducing: ULTIMATE BRAWL!

-Lucina, Dr. Mario, Shadow, Waluigi, Roy, Pichu and Mewtwo have been added to the game, with more in future updates

-Patched with wiimmfi (Only play with your friends that you know play this mod, to avoid desyncs)

-First air dodge will be a melee air dodge, subsequent air dodges will be Brawl air dodges Not yet added

-Automatic L-Cancel

-Buffer has been reduced to 3 frames instead of 10

-Input lag has been mostly fixed

-All characters fall 1.15 times faster

-More hitstun

-Less freeze-frames (May increase them to make DI easier)

-Default settings are Melee tournament legal settings (with the exception of disabled pause)

-You can now Dash Dance as well as in Melee

-C-stick doesn't fast-fall or make you jump anymore (This made down-airs very awkward)

-Replays are now infinite and display name tags

-Removed Tripping (the single most necessary change to Brawl)

-Removed auto jabs

-Pichu's jab loops over and over

-Roy's CPU doesn't do anything

I don't remember all of the people whose content I used, but you can know that almost nothing in this mod was made by me. At best, I made the BrawlEx config files, CSS names for the characters, some icons and cosmetics, and the CSS background is taken from Project M (I think?). So in my honest opinion, this is basically a "stolen content" and "low effort" mod. If you want something from me with actual effort and care, you might want to check out my Melee XT mod (obviously for Melee), with a bunch of code written by me, stages imported (and in some cases made entirely) by me, characters imported by me and with custom movesets made by me: https://smashboards.com/threads/melee-xt-v1-0.458303/

Now, for those I remember:
-Dr. Mario from Smash 2
-Pichu, Mewtwo, Roy, Lucy and Waluigi from Legacy XP 1.0
-Shadow... eh, he's one of the numerous Shadow imports I guess, but I'm certain he's not the Legacy XP one.

To do list (that will probably never happen):
-Make a ISO building compatible version with some other clone engine

-Add the hybrid air dodge code (I first need to figure out what's the PSA coding for it, for Ex-Characters)

ubrawl css 0.9.png

Click here to download, instructions included in a text file: Ultimate Brawl v0.9.zip (fixed link, now leads to download)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vx_nQsCP6MOkVvOdOZMmPse4ZB4c8qWV?usp=sharing
v0.9b patch, drop these files in their respective folders to fix the Mewtwo and Waluigi jab t-pose (Thanks, NinXDani!).

Last edited:

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
You can probably edit Waluigi's FighterXX.dat to make it so that he only has 2 jabs, not 3.
Doesn't seem to fix it, i probably did something wrong somewhere else, but this mod's development is temporarily paused anyways. (That said, if anyone else finds some bug, report it!)

NinXDani

Smash Cadet
Waluigi uses its own configuration files, in the "FighterConfig" it changes "Jab Count" from 3 to 2.
I hope it works for you.
(Google Translate).

TDRR

Smash Journeyman

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I fixed Waluigi's and Mewtwo's jab.
Replace the files with this ones:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vx_nQsCP6MOkVvOdOZMmPse4ZB4c8qWV?usp=sharing
:)
Thanks! This mod has long since been abandoned, but nevertheless I appreciate your help and I added the link to the first post, and also upped the version to v0.9b.

And also added this text to the main post under "Credits", because it really had to be said, I should have added credits earlier but now I don't remember most of them.
I don't remember all of the people whose content I used, but you can know that almost nothing in this mod was made by me. At best, I made the BrawlEx config files, CSS names for the characters, some icons and cosmetics, and the CSS background is taken from Project M (I think?). So in my honest opinion, this is basically a "stolen content" and "low effort" mod. If you want something from me with actual effort and care, you might want to check out my Melee XT mod (obviously for Melee), with a bunch of code written by me, stages imported (and in some cases made entirely) by me, characters imported by me and with custom movesets made by me: https://smashboards.com/threads/melee-xt-v1-0.458303/

Top Bottom