• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If Reimu is voted in, I wouldn’t mind moving her to the Swordfighter class. I just felt that including her as a gunner wouldn’t be an entirely strange move. I don’t know the series well. What’s preferrible? Toho? Touhou? Tōhō?
Basically:
  • Toho - The guys who make Godzilla movies, among other things
  • Touhou - The bullet hell shooter made by a very drunk man
  • Tōhō/Touho/Tohou - As far as I'm aware none of these words are a name for anything

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The entire long o in Japanese is a mystery to romanize. I’ve talked to people who said that just omitting the ou and just using o is perfectly fine. Others said to use the diacritic mark like ō. And some said that the u should be used for ou. Generally speaking though, people’s names are typically given the long name. I have a friend whose name is Yu but it’s a long u so Yuu but she just writes it as Yu.

By the way, we will keep submissions open for six more hours.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Might as well bring these two as spirits

1623266092105.png
Spirit: Aurorus
Game Debut: Pokémon X and Y
Spirit Type: Primary Advanced Neutral
Spirit Effect: Increases Ice Attack
Spirit Battle: Giant Blue:ultyoshi:
Rules: the enemy is giant
The enemy starts with snowflakes
Large amount of items will appear(Snowflakes and Freezies)
Arena: Summit
OST: Team Flare
1623266309213.png
Spirit: Falinks
Game Debut: Pokémon Sword and Shield
Spirit Type: Primary Ace Attack
Spirit Effect: Increases Melee attack
Spirit Battle: Yellow:ultmetaknight: and 5 Black:ultkirby:
Rules: Defeat the main fighter to win
The enemy’s Melee Attacks are more powerful
The enemy’s strength, defence and speed will increase after a little while
Arena: Gerardo Valley
OST: Battle: Wild Pokémon (Sword and Shield)

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
BowserKing BowserKing The leadership team has decided that won't be including Vaati since he's significantly less prominent than the other characters submitted and could potentially be used as a scapegoat to avoid disconfirming a major character, which is the goal of this job. You can submit a replacement first party mii costume though.

Vince Vanquish
Debut Game: Dragon Quest XI
Novice Class Primary Attack (Stats Up After Eating)
Slots: 3
Song: Bustling Town
Stage: Boxing Ring
Opponent: Bowser (Brown/Orange alt)
Conditions: The opponent favors smash attacks, The opponent is stronger after eating, Stamina battle (Vince/Bowser has 150 hp, you also have 150 hp)
Usually spirit decisions are handled internally by the spirit team, however we're considering quite an impactful decision, so we've come to the thread for input. As anyone familiar with the Dragon Quest series knows, not only are there tons of monsters across all the installments, but also tons of human characters including protagonists, party members, and other NPCs. in the case of first party series like Pokémon, it's somewhat possible to attempt to fully represent all of these aspects (albeit requiring what is already hundreds of spirits). However, given that Dragon Quest is a third party series, it's not realistic that we could get hundreds of spirits to fully represent Dragon Quest like we could pokemon. And given that spirit submissions are handled individually for the most part, we want to implement some guideline to make sure Dragon Quest has the best possible representation.

As shown by the current status of Dragon Quest spirits in Ultimate, the monsters are the primary focus, with all but one spirit being monsters, so we don't plan to limit the spirits for monsters. However, with only one spirit being human characters, the spirit being Hero's Comrades, a group spirit consisting of seven characters, it makes sense to continue that style of implementation of for human Dragon Quest spirits. So we've come up with some tentative guidelines which if received well will be implemented for future Dragon Quest submissions. Of course some specific cases will be exceptions, as its impossible to encompass everything, however the tentative guidelines are as follows:
  • No Limits on Monster Spirits
  • Protagonists/Heroes and their main bosses are fine for all games
  • Hero's party members will be put into group spirits for all games
  • non party individual human characters can only be submitted from the games which have playable heroes (3,4,8, & 11)
Please mention any issues you see with these guidelines and we will consider changing them, however if there are no major contentions these will be implemented going forward. Yiptap Yiptap your submission should qualify under these rules.

We're also considering some guidelines for other series to make the spirit selection more cohesive although those will be for another time.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Mii Costumes which Deconfirms a Popular Character within Newcomer Speculation: (First Party):

Urshifu (Pokemon)
Brawler

Untitled.png

Urshifu is the mascot of The Isle of Armor, the first DLC pack for Pokemon Sword & Shield. It's a Fighting-type Legendary Pokemon whose gimmick is its two different forms--depending on where it is taken and what it is taught, it takes on the Rapid Strike Style (gaining the Water type) or the Single Strike Style (gaining Dark type).

Urshifu is less talked-about nowadays, but was a common request/expectation in 2020 when The Isle of Armor was upcoming/recent. Now, though, it is likely doomed to irrelevancy with its time having passed.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Mii Costumes which Deconfirms a Popular Character within Newcomer Speculation: (First Party):

Urshifu (Pokemon)
Brawler

View attachment 318421
Urshifu is the mascot of The Isle of Armor, the first DLC pack for Pokemon Sword & Shield. It's a Fighting-type Legendary Pokemon whose gimmick is its two different forms--depending on where it is taken and what it is taught, it takes on the Rapid Strike Style (gaining the Water type) or the Single Strike Style (gaining Dark type).

Urshifu is less talked-about nowadays, but was a common request/expectation in 2020 when The Isle of Armor was upcoming/recent. Now, though, it is likely doomed to irrelevancy with its time having passed.
I'm not sure a character who was only speculated for a couple months as a dread pick at best counts for this, although it's up to the leadership to decide obviously.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
View attachment 318394
Decidueye (Brawler)
(Pokemon Sun & Moon - 2016)

As far as I know the Team Rocket Grunt costume is probably the only Mii costume that Pokemon have (plus, the Slowbro one) and it isn't even the Pokemon themselves so I propose Decidueye, his Mii costume only consist of Decidueye's hood as a headgear and his body, you could stretch him out by giving him a bow or something and make him a gunner just because he uses an arrow but I prefer this one better (and cause he is basically Hawlucha 2).

We all know that Decidueye has a big rally during the base game of Ultimate with the only reason being that he is grass Greninja (and I guess cool) but Ultimately loses to Incineroar with his sheer wrestling ability and even outright stated by Sakurai that if Decidueye ever being a wrestling persona he would have gotten in. And now fast-forward with the announcement of Legends Arceus his support started to shine again due to the appearance of Rowlet which obviously feed into the Pokemon fearmongering in a good way just to avoid Gen 8.

You can't really tell but I feel really bothered with Decidueye and feel a bit redundant getting another gen 7 than even gen 8, I prefer Dewott more honestly.

Urshifu (Pokemon)
Brawler

View attachment 318421

We have decided to dismiss both of these submissions given the fact that we've just had Grovyle as our Pokémon Newcomer. As Grovyle has just made his way into Infinite, the chances of a new Pokémon character making it in are looking slightly grim. We'd like to prevent scapegoating as much as possible, and it's why I want to inform to you both with a heavy heart that both of these submissions have been disqualified.

We're not necessarily ruling out the possibility of another Pokémon getting in as a fighter, moreso that it is very unlikely. We appreciate both of your submissions nonetheless, and encourage you to submit replacements. We'd also like to discourage any further submissions of Pokémon, as they would be disqualified as well.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
We'd like to prevent scapegoating as much as possible
Maybe.... this was just a bad job idea to begin with if you guys are so afraid of this problem.

It just seems so.... mean spirited. "Hey look! Your favorite character is so unpopular he/she won't even be allowed in our FANTASY Smash game! Haw!"

The fact that you have to keep removing submissions solely because they wouldn’t hurt people enough kinda says it all, doesn’t it? As well as the need to put a trolling warning at the start of any job prompt (big red flag right there). The whole thing operates on spite.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Well, my Mii Costume idea is taken down. I’ll be sitting the Discorfirmation Mii Costumes out. I’m still going to vote however.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
1st party: Krystal (Star Fox)

Class: Swordfighter
Changes: Her staff is the sword

Krystal has been in speculation since Brawl. While I can understand wanting a low repped series to get another new rep, there are a few reason I think Krystal would be better off as a Mii Costume. The first being that the Star Fox series just isn't a priority for Nintendo. There hasn't been a new Star Fox game since 2017, that game being Star Fox 2(Fun fact: According to Wikipedia, Star Fox 2 was complete in 1996, but got cancelled post completion. It was only released offically on the Super NES classic). The series constantly goes 5-6 years between releases. The current Star Fox roster is small and 3 semi clones, yes. But adding Krystal doesn't make Fox/Falco/Wolf suddenly more unique. I think a better solution would be to rework Falco or Wolf, which I would be interested in doing some work on if we have another fighter rework job in the future. Star Fox hasn't really done anything to warrant a new rep, so IMO giving Krystal a costume and reworking one of our Fox clones is the right call

3rd Party: KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

Class: Gunner

Changes: That giant ass gun is the Mii Gunner cannon

KOS-MOS was in and out of early FP1 speculation. Her hype peaked at around VGA 2019, when she was heavily rumored to be revealed there. After VGA 2019, she went back to her previous level of speculation, still popping up in rumors and fake leaks from time to time. I think all I need to do to prove KOS-MOS shouldn't be made a fighter in Smash is this tweet where a Bamco director/producer said that a Xenosaga remaster was cancelled due to failing market analysis. However, Xenosaga did help create Xenoblade so I think KOS-MOS should get something. Just not a fighter slot

BTW when I was googling for a picture of KOS-MOS, one of the categories google suggested was "Pregnant"....
I also came across this hilarious quote from her Wikipedia page:
In 2009, GameDaily placed her 25th on their ranking of top video game robots, stating "KOS-MOS is quite a looker, but she needs a personality" and suggested her to "download some emotions."

Last edited:

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Maybe.... this was just a bad job idea to begin with if you guys are so afraid of this problem.

It just seems so.... mean spirited. "Hey look! Your favorite character is so unpopular he/she won't even be allowed in our FANTASY Smash game! Haw!"

The fact that you have to keep removing submissions because they wouldn’t hurt people enough kinda says it all, doesn’t it? As well as the need to put a trolling warning at the start of any job prompt (big red flag right there). The whole thing operates on spite.
I disagree. If anything, this should be good for the game. Sometimes it seems like people are voting to not upset others instead of for the choices they actually want. I think it's better that we have this job instead of giving false hope that someone's favorite will get in until the end and have people feel slighted when we're done.

I'd also like to point out that there's no guarantee that there won't be a DLC prompt for promoting an assist trophy or mii costume. Unless I just understood the current prompt wrong, of course. Also, lets not pretend that Urshifu, Decidueye, and Vaati are top contenders in the speculation scene. Urshifu was relevant for about a month before falling off the face of the earth, Decidueye hasn't been seen since the Incineroar reveal, and I don't think I've ever seen Vaati in any leaks or rumors ever. Not calling out the people who suggested them, but those characters just do not fit the prompt and were rightfully removed.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Do you have any proof of this?
No, just a feeling I've had a few times, mainly in the big assist trophy job we had. I'm not going to argue, especially when it seems like this job has upset you. I'm just saying that I don't think this is bad job idea.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
No, just a feeling I've had a few times, mainly in the big assist trophy job we had. I'm not going to argue, especially when it seems like this job has upset you. I'm just saying that I don't think this is bad job idea.
To each their own I guess. I think this job does absolutely nothing positive for the project, and only serves to drive people away now that they're most wanted is no longer eligible.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Barista Alts
The Barista Alts submissions have closed and here are the results! most were submitted by users, however the remaining slots were decided by the leadership team. Barista is a pretty simple character, so he just has recolors which can be loosely connected back to animals from the RH series.
Default​
1623274764921.png
Yellow (Forthington)​
1623274891353.png
Pink (Baxter)​
1623274875389.png
Orange (Monkey)​
1623275397464.png
Purple (Also Monkey)​
1623275430803.png
Dark Blue (Dog Ninja)​
1623275487095.png
Green (Frogettes)​
Screen_Shot_2021-06-09_at_5.00.54_PM-removebg-preview.png
Light Blue (Blue Birds)​
1623275538283.png
Pink (Sea Mammals)​
1623275600366.png
Red (Shrimp Scamperers)​
1623275682960.png
Black (Mandrill)​
1623275770763.png
Gray (Karate Joe)​
1623275836335.png

The fact that you have to keep removing submissions solely because they wouldn’t hurt people enough kinda says it all, doesn’t it? As well as the need to put a trolling warning at the start of any job prompt (big red flag right there). The whole thing operates on spite.
This job was not meant to cause spite nor satisfaction, so we apologize if it has done so. However, an important part of smash is the minor roles in which some characters/universes play. Ultimate had the Bomberman, Isaac, and Shovel Knight Assist Trophies and the Rathalos Boss, none of which came with a fighter from those universes. Popular characters get minor roles sometimes, and we are trying to carry through that realism into Infinite. The goal is not to crush supporters of whoever wins' spirits, but simply to guarantee that popular characters get in in some fashion, as there are only so many fighter slots, and an omission entirely would seem more odd than only getting a minor role.

If you remember we recently held a job in which a popular third party was supposed to be assisted, yet largely out of fear of disconfirmation (thats how it appeared to me anyways) Space Invaders won. While Space Invaders is a deserving and iconic submission in a vacuum, it wasn't exactly what we were going for as the general consensus is that Space Invaders isn't that likely of a fighter. So this time we have been more selective to guarantee this job disconfirms someone, and the winner isn't an unpopular choice people vote for simply so no one else is deconfirmed. For example, since we already added Grovyle as a fighter, a second pokemon fighter has become much less unlikely. Therefore Urshifu and Decidueye becoming mii costumes doesn't seem as bad a deal as other potential fighters becoming a mii costume, and may result in them gaining more votes, only to avoid a larger disconfirmation, which is why they were disqualified, as they wouldn't be getting in on their own merits.

However, we acknowledge that there have been submissions have been submitted for the sole purpose of confirming a character, some more blunt than others to say the least. While we discourage this level of enjoyment at the suffering of others (in all settings), ultimately its impossible to determine why someone submitted a character, and ultimately doesn't matter either, as the same character could be submitted by someone else for the genuine reason of wanting to see them in the game. A submissions doesn't guarantee the character will get in either. Its up to the votes, and if a plurality of people want a character as a mii then frankly why or when they were submitted doesn't matter as they'd end up being a mii either way.

That all being said, the leadership team will look into ways to avoid tensions getting this high in future rounds, and encourage everyone to vote based on the merits of a character and not on the side effect of them being deconfirmed. I'll also be submitting my most wanted third party as a sign of good faith... (would submit a first party as well but frankly I can't think of any)

Shovel Knight
1623280915686.png

Shovel Knight would be a sword fighter with his Outfit and Headpiece as well.. the armor and headpiece. Shovel Knight is already an assist and spirit in smash, as well as having a series of 5 amiibos, more than Kirby has, which cements him as a part of nintendo history. while I ultimately want him as a fighter, I fear the competition is fierce and some may view him as boring, as he is a front runner, and already has content in smash. He also is sorta built like a mii fighter, so he would work well in this role.​

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Submissions for Mii Costumes has closed!
First Party Submissions
Porky Minch / Porky MinchEarthbound Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario and @ C chocolatejr9
Dixie KongDonkey Kong Jomosensual Jomosensual
LyndisFire Emblem airConditioner airConditioner
SyluxMetroid Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
ImpaThe Legend of Zelda (AoC) Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Ring Fit TraineeRing Fit Adventure Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
King BooSuper Mario (Luigi's Mansion) Yiptap Yiptap
KrystalStar Fox warpenguin55 warpenguin55

—​

This is quite an extensive list of characters, all of which with their own merits. Please remember that this isn't a race to disconfirm a character you don't like, rather it will be giving opportunity for a character you think would be neat in Smash but would probably not make it in as a fighter a place in Smash Bros. As always, we will be using ranked voting. You may vote for your own submission for second and third place.

Please use this format if possible to make tallying votes easier.
First Party:
1. (first place)
2. (second place)
3. (third place)

Third Party:
1. (first place)
2. (second place)
3. (third place)

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Submissions for Mii Costumes has closed!
First Party Submissions
Porky MinchEarthbound (Mother 3) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Porky MinchEarthbound (Earthbound) C chocolatejr9
Dixie KongDonkey Kong Jomosensual Jomosensual
LyndisFire Emblem airConditioner airConditioner
SyluxMetroid Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
ImpaThe Legend of Zelda (AoC) Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
TingleThe Legend of Zelda Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Ring Fit TraineeRing Fit Adventure Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
King BooSuper Mario (Luigi's Mansion) Yiptap Yiptap
KrystalStar Fox warpenguin55 warpenguin55

—​

This is quite an extensive list of characters, all of which with their own merits. Please remember that this isn't a race to disconfirm a character you don't like, rather it will be giving opportunity for a character you think would be neat in Smash but would probably not make it in as a fighter a place in Smash Bros. As always, we will be using ranked voting. You may vote for your own submission for second and third place.

Please use this format if possible to make tallying votes easier.
First Party:
1. (first place)
2. (second place)
3. (third place)

Third Party:
1. (first place)
2. (second place)
3. (third place)
Why is Porky listed twice?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
1st Parties:
1. Lyn
2. Krystal
3. Dixie Kong

3rd Parties
1. Reimu
2. Rayman
3. Shantae

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I originally submitted Arle because I...yeah, I was being selfish and wanted her disconfirmed. Now that the job has progressed a little bit and people have expressed their feelings on it, I realize where I went wrong. My apologies.

First Party:
1. Porky
2. Tingle
3. Impa

Third Party:
1. Rayman
2. Chosen Undead
3. Shovel Knight

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Miitopia & Bayonetta Mii Costumes
While we didn't get many votes, nor submissions, the consensus was clear, and Loki and Great Sage will be our mii costumes! Thank you to the two submitters who each had one of their costumes win!
Miitopia Mii Costumes
Miitopia Cat (Brawler) Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 2
Great Sage (Swordfighter) Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 5!!!

Bayonetta Franchise costume

Loki (Brawler) Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 5!!!
Masked Lumen (Swordfighter) Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 2
Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 7.00.45 PM.png

Job #121: Food Mii Costume
Luckily this job is coming next since its a much lighter one! this will be a smash original costume, and will simply be a piece of food. It can either be just a headpiece, just an outfit, or both. The only restriction is that it cannot be from a video game, and must just be a regular piece of food. Obviously the piece of food can have been in a video game at some point, but it can't directly be that item. please include a description and picture, but most importantly, Have Fun!​

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Job 121: Hot Dog
(For reference)
This is a simple costume that could work with all Mii Classes. The top half would be part of the hot dog with a hole in the middle for the face, and the rest of the hot dog as the body piece (looking almost identical to the Fall Guys counterpart). The mii would also wear bright red sneakers. The brawler variant has the mii wield nothing (only fists), the swordfighter variant has the mii wield a rather skinny sausage, and the gunner variant has it wield a ketchup or mustard gun (can be toggled in the color option, the only options being red and yellow)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 121

Tofu

It's just a block of Tofu for all classes

The 2 parts are Tofu head, it's a featureless white block, Tofu Body which is a featureless white rectangle with Black colored arms and legs sticking out of it.

Brawler would just have white gloves

Gunner would have a slightly smaller block of Tofu

Swordfighter would have a really long and thin stick of Tofu

Yes it would be a stealth reference to RE

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 121:

Pizza

Amazon.com: Rasta Imposta Pizza Slice Costume, Multi-Colored, One Size:  Clothing

A Pizza costume like in the picture above. Works with all three Mii classes. Pizza would cover the torso area and have black sleeves for arms and legs. Toppings like pepperoni included.

Brawler has Mii wield nothing but fists in white gloves. Swordfighter has a cheesy breadstick for a sword. Gunner involves a cartoony gun with a tomato on it.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Well, this was pretty tough. Had to stop and think rather than just barging ahead as usual. There's a couple characters I don't really like, but I'd rather not say who exactly to avoid coming off as petty. Had to make sure I had an actual reason to take them out beyond personal distaste. I'd rather not have to explicitly take out anybody, especially if the deconfirmation stretches on to the DLC, but there's some characters I'd rather still have a chance and I need to take the heat off of them, namely Sol and especially Reimu.

First Party:
1. Sylux - The easiest choice to make. I think they're cool, but their entire thing hinges on the MP4 payoff, which just hasn't happened yet. The possibility can draw interest, but I don't think there'll be much substantial support beyond that until something actually happens
2. Tingle - A really divisive character; Half of everyone finds him funny and quirky and the other half finds him really annoying, to the point he has a trope named after geographically-lopsided hatred. I feel his infamous status might hinder him. Oh wait he's already dead? Guess I'll change. Bumping up Lyn to number two to make up for this and adding a new third vote to fill the void.
2. Lyn - It hurts having to do this, especially seeing as she was my first submission for the thread. However, between Fire Emblem's infamous reputation with swordfighters and us already having a katana-user in Takamaru, I fear that Lyn's popularity won't be able to push her forward. In addition, Fire Emblem has a lot of characters to pull from, and I'm interested in seeing who would get chosen in that scenario. I don't want to be the guy who kills off characters just to see how people react, but I'm curious as to who would be chosen without Lyn.
3. King Boo - The problem here is that we've already got a ton of Mario content spread throughout the series. With the addition of Waluigi, we now have no less that nine Mario characters, and you could easily count Yoshi and Wario in there too. There's also arguably Donkey Kong, which would bump it up to 10-12 characters. Even if Mario is Mr. Video Game Himself, that's still a lot of fighters, on top of massive amounts of content everywhere else. While King Boo would help represent a smaller spinoff, I feel like people might look towards a series with less/no representation rather than adding more to an already heavily-represented one.

Third Party:
1. Rayman - Most characters has either A: A notable legacy or impact that keeps them in our minds, and/or B: A recent release to keep that impact going. Rayman... Doesn't really stick out that much. It's interesting; He's sold over 20 million copies worldwide, but after Legends he just kinda dropped off. To rub salt into the wound, the Rabbids - Which used to be a part of his franchise - Have had more activity than he has lately. I almost feel kinda bad for doing this, but I feel like he just doesn't have the momentum he used to.
2. Master Chief - As a big Western FPS starring a green space marine, there's a fair bit of overlap with Doomguy. While I thimk they're different enough to coexist together, I'm pretty sure we'll only get one, and having both as options might drag the two down. There's also the whole thing about Halo not being on the Switch, which might bar him from support from those who put emphasis on Nintendo connections. Lastly, he's been a major frontrunner in the era of SSBU. I don't want to be the guy who just wants to watch the world burn, but if we have a job for a big Western game or a popular third-party, I'm curious as to who would be added if Chief was taken out of the mix.
3. Shantae - Placing her last in terms of submissions to avoid feeling like I'm doing this just out of bias towards another indie (coughReimucough), but aside from that I feel like she might struggle with an indie job, thanks to all the different options. Out of the three put up for submission, I feel like her merits don't stick out as much.
Shovel Knight became emblematic of the recent indie boom, got multiple amiibos - Quite an achievement for a non-Smash third-party - And got a mountain of cameos. Reimu's series is among the oldest notable indies, and when we're taking the fanworks into account (Which I honestly think she should, or else we wouldn't be considering her at all), it's arguably one of the biggest franchises out there in terms of sheer volume of content. Shantae's decently old and has decent popularity, but the other two just have more of those separate perks.

Hope I didn't come off as having something against Shantae, what with how much I wrote. It's just that I ended up dragging other characters into the mix and that ended up inflating her section.

Other characters considered were Phoenix, since we already have a Capcom character, as well as Doomguy and Scorpion, for their series' infamous violence and Western slant. The latter two were left out because A: We already have some fairly violent games in here already, even adding Resident Evil (Also known as Biohazard in Japan), and B: As a major supporter of a rather Japan-oriented series, discounting someone for being region-centric would be rather hypocritical of me. Besides, I've seen some people say region-centric characters would be better for the base game rather than the DLC, so this would be their best shot short of a region-centric DLC job.

Oh yeah, I mentioned Phoenix in the honorable mentions section too. He just got out-prioritized (or he out-prioritized them, given the job?).

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Let's start us off with a few Xenoblade Chronicles spirits starting with the first game for now. More on the way!

Alvis (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Class: Ace
Type: Support Neutral
Slots: ⬡⬡
Effect: Perfect-Shield Counter
  • Puppet Fighter: Lavender Shulk
  • Stage: Spear Pillar (Omega)
  • Music Track: Engage the Enemy
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Timer.
    • The enemy reflects projectiles.
Dickson (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Attack
Effect: Shooting Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Red Simon
  • Stage: Murasame Castle
  • Music Track: An Obstacle in Our Path
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Super Scope.
    • The enemy is giant after a little while.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
First party
  1. Lyn
  2. Impa
  3. Sylux
Third Party
  1. Ryu Hayabusa
  2. Rayman
  3. Kos-Mos (she's a no brainer when we already have Xenoblade, she literally fit right in)

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Arvis (Fire Emblem: Geneaology of the Holy War)
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Attack
Effect: Fire Attack Up
  • Puppet Fighter: Sephiroth (the reddest one)
  • Stage: Castle Siege (the part where it's on fire)
  • Music Track: Uprising in Agustria
  • Conditions:
    • The floor is lava
    • Enemy's fire attacks are stronger

hehehehehehehe

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Voting for

First Party
1.Tingle
2.Lyndis
3.Ring Fit Trainee

Third Party
1.Phoenix Wright
2.Ryu Hayabusa
3.Chosen Undead

Paraster

Smash Lord
First Party:
1. Lyn
2. Sylux
3. Impa

Third Party:
1. Rayman
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Sol Badguy

Note: Dixie Kong already has a Mii hat in Ultimate, though not a body costume.

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Ooh, this is gonna hurt to vote for, but I'll see what I can do. I'm trying my best to do this based on them being suited to being a Mii Costume, and not on any other biases.

First Party
  1. Tingle: I just think this outfit is a really good fit for a Mii Costume. It's easy to tell who it's from even when the head is Tails and Matt's inside it, which is really good. Plus, I can't imagine Tingle making it in as a fighter due to his low popularity in the West. Edit: I guess that's why he's already in. Shove everyone else up a slot.
  2. Dixie Kong: Considering DKC's been dormant for years now, it's hard to imagine it getting a new character after just getting K. Rool last game. Dixie's kind of in the secondary protagonist zone that tends to get 'stumes, so it makes sense to me to get them.
  3. Impa: It was down to her or Lyn for characters that I thought would be recognizable costumes that fit as Miis. Overall, I think Lyn's... whatever it is she wears was a little... really specific. Impa's AoC outfit is one I could see fitting well enough on a variety of characters.
  4. Lyn: I guess I'm including Lyn anyway. Her costume's recognizable enough for it, I reckon. Though I kinda hate to do this to her for the fourth game in a row...
Third Party
  1. Shantae: I hate to do it, but Shantae's one of the few third-party series in Ultimate to only be a Spirit with no associated costume. From that perspective, it makes sense for her to be a Mii Costume; that feels like a natural progression to me.
  2. Reimu: Touhou's an indie series. As much as I hate to say it, it would make sense to me if she went the way of Sans and Cuphead.
  3. Shovel Knight: His proportions fit, and we've already seen something similar done with Bomberman, so it would make sense to me for him to be a 'stume. I hate to say it, though...

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1st Parties
1. Impa
2. Ring Fit Trainees
3. Krystal

3rd Parties
1. Shovel Knight
2. Master Chief
3. Chosen Undead

I ended up going for a really strange mix. Tried to keep as unbiased as possible (a couple of these are really high wants for me.) but I also tried to keep things very strategic given lots of characters I care about more are on the line. I also tried to pick characters that'd just work well for costumes, and not just pick em because "easy fodder" and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom