• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be closinig the submissions in about 6 or 7 hours. If you have yet to submit a costume(s), please do so by then. We only have two submissions so far per category.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi everyone! Despite our minor setback with site outages, we will be wrapping up voting and submissions for the Master Class Spirits as well as Mii Costume submissions. I have yet to tally up the results for Master Class Spirits but I will in a short while. That being said, I would like to kick off the Bayonetta and Miitopia costumes!

Please vote for one per category and you May vote for your own submission. I will post the results of the Master Class Spirit plus the new job shortly.

Miitopia Mii Costumes
Miitopia Cat (Brawler) Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Great Sage (Swordfighter) Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Bayonetta Franchise costume

Loki (Brawler) Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Masked Lumen (Swordfighter) Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As promised, here are the results of the Master Class Spirit submissions!

We will be accepting more than one Master Class Spirit submission. We are accepting the following:

Wandering Trader Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide 28
Zenkichi Hasegawa Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming 10
Ting Fu Rue Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto 10
Kangaroon Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 7

Instead of doing with a tiebreaker, we will accept the two second place finishers. It’s quite interesting that, aside from Kangaroon, the three winners are from Ultimate DLC franchises!

Thank you to everyone who submitted content and voted! We will now transition to voting for the Bayonetta/Miitopia costumes as well as our next job!

Job #120: Submit Mii Costumes which Deconfirms a Popular Character within Newcomer Speculation
I am forgoing our typical yellow font to better fit the mood of this job.

We are killing off characters that are popular within the Newcomer speculation circles. This means characters who are commonly talked about, speculated on, or supported within speculation threads and circles. Please make two submissions: a first party character as well as a third party character. They will then be ineligible for inclusion later on in development they are voted in. If one of these characters are confirmed for the last two Ultimate DLC fighters, we will go with the second place.

When submitting, please make two submissions and indicating that one submission is for first party and the second is for second party. Also, please explain the following:
  • Name
  • Franchise
  • Mii Fighter class
  • Description of any sort of changes (Mii Gunner or Mii Swordfighter)
  • Why this character is considered a popular pick

Finally, it’s understandable that some people may get frustrated, upset, angry, or trollish because their most wanted gets submitted. Under no circumstances is it appropriate to attack someone for making a submission nor is it appropriate to target people just to ensure their most wanted doesn’t get represented. That’s not how we roll here so please avoid doing anything of that nature. Smashboards rules applies here and trolling/flaming will get warned so please keep that in mind before submitting content.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ll try to keep watch but I start my new job at UPS tomorrow so I’ll largely be out during the day. If you need help, contact one of the leadership members. If you need help with something more dire, please contact one of the moderators like Megadoomer Megadoomer , NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy or SneakyLink SneakyLink

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Shantae (Shantae)

Brawler

Shantae was a highly popular request in the 3DS/Wii U era, and still has a Smash following today, even if it has a reduced size.

The costume will, obviously for a humanoid character, not be deluxe. Her ears are part of the wig. Males gain a vest that resembles Shantae's bra. There are no jiggle physics for the female variant.

Reasoning for making Shantae a costume: you could put any character in that skimpy outfit. That means 🅱eter with 🅱🅾🅾🅱🅰.

Porky Minch (Mother 3)

Brawler
I can't really describe my vision for Porky's costume, so I drew it.
porky miinch.png

The top two blades are the hands, and the bottom 2 are the feet. The bottom legs clip into the ground by design, to make it clear they're sharp.

While the other Porky submission is based on EarthBound, this one is based on Mother 3 in the bed spider mech, with the Mii getting a tiny little Porky body.

Porky is a popular Mother series villain and is one of very few series characters to have appeared in multiple instalments. I am submitting Porky as I'd prefer a new Mother rep to be a non-PSI using protagonist like Duster or Lloyd.

Also, at this point it kinda feels like Mole Mania is in the same situation Animal Crossing was in during Brawl, heh.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Shantae (Shantae)

Brawler

Shantae was a highly popular request in the 3DS/Wii U era, and still has a Smash following today, even if it has a reduced size.

The costume will, obviously for a humanoid character, not be deluxe. Her ears are part of the wig. Males gain a vest that resembles Shantae's bra. There are no jiggle physics for the female variant.

Reasoning for making Shantae a costume: you could put any character in that skimpy outfit. That means 🅱eter with 🅱🅾🅾🅱🅰.

Geno Mask (Super Mario RPG)

Hat

A full mask of Geno's head that will coexist with the customisable hat.

Geno is popular because... I actually don't know. Nostalgia?

Reasoning: Before Sephiroth's presentation, many Geno fans were willing to settle for a "deluxe Mii costume" as a second option.

If Geno counts as a 3P, I have a second choice prepared. (Porky)
I'm pretty sure it's one first party, one third party.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
1st Party Mii: Porky Minch (Earthbound)
Pokey_Minch_Earthbound.png

Fighter Class: Brawler

Porky has become popular in Smash speculation due to his absense as a Spirit in Ultimate (even though that's what the Absolutely Safe Capsule is), and the general desire for another Earthbound rep.

Reasoning: To be perfectly honest, I don't think Earthbound needs another rep, given the current state of the series. It doesn't make sense to add someone from a finished series over a character from an ongoing one, does it?

(FYI, it's not letting me upload a second image, so I'll have to do this seperately).

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
New Mii Costume Deconfirmation!

MJOLNIR Mark VI Armor/Master Chief (Gunner/Swordfighter)
(Halo 2 - 2004)

This costume is mostly based the ones worn by the Spartans in the Halo series and is usually associated with Master Chief himself, as a Mii Gunner he will uses the Needler while as a Swordfighter he will uses the Energy Sword. Additionally, the armor comes with different color which all represent the other Spartan in the multiplayer match of Halo.

Master Chief has been a very popular pick recently after the inclusion of Banjo-Kazooie and Steve, two of whom is a property owned by Microsoft and the recent collaboration with Nintendo, with how ironic it is that we got those who was an acquired IP it is pretty justifiable to have him next as he is the mascot of Xbox.

The reasoning behind this probably along the lines of Xbox already having 2 newcomer as DLC despite from a new company like SNK, plus I feel like people put too much faith on the collaboration and how it felt "forced" I might say, with BK they are a long running request for Smash with the company Rare being heavily associated with Nintendo that having them felt like they are at home while Steve comes from the most best-selling games of all time and has been a consistent request and appeal to a more broader audience. Master Chief on the other hand have a long way to go, he can't even get a consistent request back in Wii U/3DS days because of his heavily associated with a rival console maker and being an exclusive game even the fans of Xbox or even Halo isn't the best fans to pander since there's not really any interest until it is released on Switch.​

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
3rd Party Mii: Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
Sol_Guilty_Gear_Strive.png

Fighter Class: Swordfighter

Change: The sword is designed to look like Sol's sword.

Sol Badguy gained a significant boost in popularity due to the announcement of Guilty Gear Strive, and managed to stick around after many realised he was the frontrunner for an Arc System Works rep.

Reasoning: Admittedly, this is partially because I wanted to see how we would approach a hypothetical Arc System rep if we removed their main contendor. However, I also feel that Sol is the kind of character whose deconfirmation will affect the community on a large scale, which is always fun to watch.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Third Party Mii: Doom Slayer (DOOM)
doom_eternal_trailer.jpg

Mii Class: Swordfighter

The Mii gets his outfit with their sword as the Crucible.

Doom Slayer as if is probably one of the most popular requested fighters next to Crash Bandicoot and Master Chief as well others due to wanting a First Person Shooter rep with DOOM Eternal being so successful.

Reasoning: While I think he would be cool to see as a fighter, I feel like he wouldn't be in due to the Doom games being so infamous gory and brutal next to Mortal Kombat and having Hell itself with demons as well the Glory Kills which wouldn't be good for children due to Smash being a party game.
(Sorry if I had to disconfirm him...)

Paraster

Smash Lord
Miitopia costume: Great Sage

Bayonetta costume: Masked Lumen

Mii Costumes which Deconfirms a Popular Character within Newcomer Speculation:

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Swordfighter

1623211152884.png

Ryu Hayabusa is effectively the successor to Simon Belmont as the frontrunner among "classic NES characters." Ninja Gaiden is well-known as one of the foremost tough-as-nails 8-bit platformers, and he's managed to stay relevant through a reboot into a hack-and-slash series. Not too long ago, he seemed to me second only to Crash in terms of how much he was brought up in Smash discussion (I think I remember hearing that he was deconfirmed by developer comment, but I might be imagining that).

Me personally, though, I don't think he'd be an interesting fighter. Even after looking into him, I can't find anything that makes him more than "a ninja with some elemental powers." (Maybe if Sheik was cut I'd be more accepting of adding a different fairly basic ninja character.) Also, it'd be easier to just sidestep the name thing between him and Ryu Streetfighter.

...I'll have to get back to you on the first-party. Having trouble thinking of one popular in speculation that hasn't already been either made a fighter by us or claimed for this job by someone else.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 120:

3rd Party Mii Costume:

Rayman

Mii Class - Brawler

The appearance of the mii costume would very closely resemble how Rayman's usual render looks. The outfit would come with the shoes, gloves, wig, and sweatshirt, with the wig being able to be assigned independently. While not a deluxe costume, with all Rayman parts assigned the Miis arms and legs will disappear, much like how Rayman's are always noted to be.

Rayman is a popular pick due to his status as one of the earlier 3rd parties to get pushed for in Smash. Given that Nintendo and Ubisoft seem to have a good relationship and Rayman has had solid roles in Smash in the past, his status as a favorite to get in is usually unquestionable. However, ever since his role as a spirit in world of light was confirmed it seems like the fanbase has quieted down quite a bit. Rayman also seems to be falling behind some other Ubisoft competition in key areas. Far Cry and Assassin's Creed both have games released/set to be released to capitalize on the next gen consoles, Rayman hasn't had anything from the main series since Legends released in 2013. Also, while Legends flopped hard in the east, Assassin's Creed Valhalla did quite well there, and Far Cry has done well there with it's last 3 releases, which is pretty big since FPS don't usually go over well in Japan.

Given that Rayman hasn't seen a new game in a while while there are 2 other major franchises that do better than he does in worldwide appeal, sales, and are pushed more by Ubisoft, I think it makes more sense to have Rayman be in a non playable role while one of Ubisoft's big 2 gets the first playable spot from the company. At the moment all Rayman has over the 2 series is fan support, which is obviously important but I don't think overrides the other categories he's losing out on in any way.

1st Party Mii Costume - Dixie Kong

Class - Brawler

Dixie Kong's Mii Costume would obviously come with a wig and hat, along with monkey feet as shoes and brown pants(where did you think this was going you sickos).

Dixie is one of the most, if not the most, popular choice for a first party character to join Smash who we haven't already put in the game. Being called one of Nintendo's last all stars not playable, it certainly seems like her time is probably coming here. But, does Nintendo see her like that? I'm not totally sure. While Donkey and Diddy are virtual locks for every Mario side game, Dixie Kong doesn't seem to show up in them a ton. While she was included in Mario Kart Tour, she hadn't been playable in any before that since Mario Super Sluggers in 2008. While sure, there's arguments as to why that is out there to be made, I think there's a very clear divide between the 2 of them and her. And yes, while King K Rool got in Ultimate without being a major player in the side games either, he was also the first villain from the series, while Dixie would be our 3rd protagonist who very clearly isn't viewed to be as important as the main 2. She does seem to be pretty major in the DK series itself, which gives her a lot of credit towards inclusion, but it seems like Nintendo doesn't use her in a much bigger role than that. Losing her to a Mii Costume feels fairly realistic.

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Job 120: Lyndis (Fire Emblem)
Lyndis, or more commonly known as Lyn, is one of three main lords in the 7th mainline entry in the Fire Emblem series, known as Fire Emblem: the Blazing Blade in Japan and simply Fire Emblem overseas. She is the only survivor of the Lorca tribe after its massacre by bandits and later joins fellow lords Hector and Eliwood in their quest to investigate the Black Fang. The first of the three lords to be introduced in this title, Lyn is one of the most popular lords and characters in the entire franchise. Her popularity as a lord has led her to gain a playable appearance in Fire Emblem Warriors (as the only representative of the GBA era of Fire Emblem), a high quality figurine produced by Intelligent Systems, and a role as an assist trophy in Smash Bros. In fact, she was the overall winner of the first Choose Your Legends poll, gaining 49,917 votes and defeating characters like Ike, Roy, and Lucina.

As the first lord in the first game in the series to be released outside of Japan, Lyn is one of the most important characters in the series. She is likely the first Fire Emblem character outside of Marth and Roy for many, and this shows during speculation. Fire Emblem has many characters in Smash Bros., much to the chagrin of those unfamiliar with the series. However, despite every Fire Emblem character in Smash Bros. wielding a sword in some capacity, Lyn (and the Black Knight) still are some of the most highly requested characters from the series. Clearly, her importance to the series as the first lord many western fans were exposed to and her popularity make her a common name when speculating about Fire Emblem.

In Smash Bros., her Mii Swordfighter Costume would use her default outfit from her first appearance in Fire Emblem: the Blazing Blade. The costume would consist of two parts, a Lyn wig with her classic hairstyle and a Lyn outfit. The sword would be the Sol Katti, a blade with ties to the Sacaen tribe. It would use its appearance from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Though she remains incredibly popular and important to the series, I believe that she would be a good pick to disconfirm as we already have quite a good many swordfighters from the series and Fire Emblem is so, so much more than a bunch of anime people with swords.

Job 120: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)
The Chosen Undead serves as the player character and the protagonist of FromSoftware and Bandai-Namco's Dark Souls series. The name "Chosen Undead" comes from a prophecy in which an undead champion will rise at the end of the Age of Fire and ring the Bells of Awakening. The series has become a household name for its difficulty - spawning the phrase that a certain video game would be the "Dark Souls of its genre." The Dark Souls franchise has been deemed one of the most influential new IPs by some and has since been made available on the Nintendo Switch.

While there are several options for a Mii Costume from the series, I believe that the main protagonist of the first Dark Souls would be a good choice for this job. The Chosen Undead is the main character and the face of speculation for the series - Solaire of Astoire and Artorias the Abysswalker are the only other two names from the series I've seen thrown around, and based on what I've seen: Solaire is not taken as seriously as Chosen Undead and Artorias only had notoriety from the Google Leak in the past. (remember that?) I chose a Dark Souls character to disconfirm as I believe there are other Bandai-Namco series that could be chosen before Dark Souls such as Tekken or Tales of.

In Smash Bros., the Chosen Undead would be a Mii Swordfighter. His outfit would be akin to characters such as Bomberman and Sans, with his helmet covering his face. As such, the outfit would be comprised of two parts: the Chosen Undead helmet and Chosen Undead armor (both from the Elite Armor set). His sword would be the Astora's Straight Sword, which is often used in promotional material along with Chosen Undead.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 120: Lyndis (Fire Emblem)
Lyndis, or more commonly known as Lyn, is one of three main lords in the 7th mainline entry in the Fire Emblem series, known as Fire Emblem: the Blazing Blade in Japan and simply Fire Emblem overseas. She is the only survivor of the Lorca tribe after its massacre by bandits and later joins fellow lords Hector and Eliwood in their quest to investigate the Black Fang. The first of the three lords to be introduced in this title, Lyn is one of the most popular lords and characters in the entire franchise. Her popularity as a lord has led her to gain a playable appearance in Fire Emblem Warriors (as the only representative of the GBA era of Fire Emblem), a high quality figurine produced by Intelligent Systems, and a role as an assist trophy in Smash Bros. In fact, she was the overall winner of the first Choose Your Legends poll, gaining 49,917 votes and defeating characters like Ike, Roy, and Lucina.

As the first lord in the first game in the series to be released outside of Japan, Lyn is one of the most important characters in the series. She is likely the first Fire Emblem character outside of Marth and Roy for many, and this shows during speculation. Fire Emblem has many characters in Smash Bros., much to the chagrin of those unfamiliar with the series. However, despite every Fire Emblem character in Smash Bros. wielding a sword in some capacity, Lyn (and the Black Knight) still are some of the most highly requested characters from the series. Clearly, her importance to the series as the first lord many western fans were exposed to and her popularity make her a common name when speculating about Fire Emblem.

In Smash Bros., her Mii Swordfighter Costume would use her default outfit from her first appearance in Fire Emblem: the Blazing Blade. The costume would consist of two parts, a Lyn wig with her classic hairstyle and a Lyn outfit. The sword would be the Sol Katti, a blade with ties to the Sacaen tribe. It would use its appearance from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Though she remains incredibly popular and important to the series, I believe that she would be a good pick to disconfirm as we already have quite a good many swordfighters from the series and Fire Emblem is so, so much more than a bunch of anime people with swords.

-
reserving space for later Chosen Undead mii costume
Spelling it "disconfirm" and not "deconfirm"? Based and dictionarypilled.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 120

Sylux (Metroid)

Sylux - Metroid Wiki

Sylux has become a leading contender for another Metroid character. The biggest proponent for his inclusion has commonly been his lack of a spirit, and the idea that he might possibly gain a bigger role in Metroid Prime 4. As Metroid Prime 4 has been delayed, him being a Mii seems fairly reasonable. Sylux would be a Mii Gunner.

Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

1B9BCF2F-D4E7-4B23-83D3-6D4F544C8E06.png

Mortal Kombat has been a popular series in the speculation scene. However the series is quite unpopular in Japan and is associated with extreme gore. A Mii costume seems like a realistic prospect. Scorpion would be a Mii Brawler.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Voting for Miitopia Cat and Loki

First Party: Vaati (Legend of Zelda)

1623244952102.png

He is one of the main villains of the franchise and is quite a requested character. He would be a Mii Brawler Costume, with his hat will be the hat the Miis would wear.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Very few of these characters, especially 1Ps, seem "heavily requested" to me. I can't remember the last time I even saw "Vaati" or "Sylux" in the same sentence as "Smash". The latter was probably pre-Joker when all the Adeleine/Porky/Poochy theories were coming out!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
here’s my votes:

Miitopia Cat and Loki

First Party: Impa

Franchise: Legend of Zelda
Class: Swordfighter
Yet another Mii Swordfighter, Impa would function a bit like Nakoruru with wielding two swords but only using one in battle. Her inclusion as an Assist Trophy would probably anger a lot of her supporters but also those who feel LoZ deserves a new rep as we have yet to add one. She is often brought up a lot of speculation discussion as a potential LoZ rep and due to the timing of Age of Calamity.

Third Party: Reimu Hakurei

Franchise: Touho Project
Class: Mii Gunner
I hate to add another potential female newcomer rep but I feel that Reimu Hakurei, would an amazing addition as a newcomer, feels more at home as a Mii Costume. Especially considering she would function as a Mii Gunner which we are severely lacking in. Reimu is constantly brought up in speculation; especially when mentioned in any leaks. She took center stage last year for being in leaks prior to Min-Min’s reveal. Adding her in would obviously anger her fans but wouldn’t be a huge whiplash for the community like some other submissions.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
G’day everyone! It is now time for your favorite segment of Spirit Theme Submission which I didn’t expect to coincide with the most depressing prompt yet and I’m here to break tension. Today's theme is going to be..

ANIME!

To pad out some series like Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy with more representation I decided to choose this one myself. All submission must have those character or the series that they came from having an anime artstyle or aesthetic, the standard of which that you usually see in anime and manga, some example from an existing franchise in Smash represented by fighter that is acceptable include:​
  • Pokemon
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Fire Emblem
  • Xenoblade
  • Golden Sun
  • Style Savvy
  • Persona
  • Final Fantasy
  • Dragon Quest
This does not include anime games such as Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, Boku no Hero, or anything else based on a preexisting anime/manga medium, and this includes the likes of someone like Android 21 who's a game original. And also, the content must be from a game that appeared on a Nintendo console, no ifs and or buts.

Submitting a Spirit/Spirit Battle

1) The Spirit must be from a game or series that has been on a Nintendo system at some point in time.
2) The Spirit must be relevant and important to the series are derived from.
3) While not always required, it’s preferred the Spirit must have artwork to accompany it instead if in-game sprites. Please provide an artwork of the Spirit for our Spirit Team.
4) All Spirits must have the appropriate information regarding their Spirit info and Battle info. This includes type, class, and ability for Spirits and puppet fighter, stage, music, and conditions for the Battles.
5) If submitting a rather obscure, off-the-wall, or particularly controversial Spirit, you may be asked to defend your reasoning as to why it should become a Spirit before it can be approved.
6) Please submit a Spirit along with an artwork of it. This allows us to add the Spirit to our wikia database.

Submission Process

Please submit only three Spirits for the Theme Event. While most Spirits will be ok’d by the Spirit Team, some may be disqualified if there isn’t actual art availiable for them or if the content seems impossible to implement. If this is the case, then we will alert the submitter of this issue so they can do a replacement.
Spirit Regulation

We have a great Spirit list but, looking at it, we have a lot of series bloated up with Spirits and other series not so much. We will no longer have a completely open submission process. Instead, we will have both our usual Spirit Theme submissions as well as Task Submissions. Task Submissions are a set of multiple guidelines in submitting a Spirit that we can follow to help make the Spirit List more expansive for every series.

We will still be holding off on adding Spirits until the wikia is up to speed. Once I get the ok, we will begin our Task Submissions.

• Name
  • Series and debut game
  • Type and class
  • Spirit ability
If you include a Spirit Battle,
  • The puppet fighter(s)
  • Stage
  • Music (please take a look at the music doc to see if the song is available or if you want to include your own song)​
  • Type of match (stock, timed, stamina, etc)
    Conditions​
Here is a list of every Spirit from Ultimate + Sequel

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1st party deconfirmation: Tingle (Zelda)

Tingle is a character from the Zelda series who sells maps that he makes by surveying the land from his big red balloon and pretends that he is a magic child of the Kokiri Forest, still awaiting his fairy. Tingle has been a fan-favorite character since he made his first appearance in Majora's Mask and has been highly requested for Smash in the past, simply because people really like him. Tingle would use his fists for his brawler costume, but for both Gunner and Swordfighter outfits, he uses his pen! Certainly confirming he is a character shrouded in mystery...

3rd party deconfirmation: Arle (Puyo Puyo)

Arle Nadja comes from the ever-popular Puyo Puyo series. While she may not be the most well known character here in the West, she is possibly the most requested Sega character in Japan. This has carried over to America too though, as Arle generally places well on fan polls. We haven't yet received a puzzle games rep, and with Tetris and Dr. Mario out of the running, not to mention Sega still lacking a new rep, Arle is basically confirmed for Infinite!...right? Nope, she's joining the fight as a Mii Costume!
Arle will be a Brawler costume only, though the hat/hair is universal.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Here's one to start us off.
Blue (Pokemon: Red and Blue)
Class: Advanced
Type: Support Attack, 1 slot
Effect: Trade-off Attack
  • Puppet Fighter: Blue:ultpokemontrainer:(Only uses :ultsquirtle:)
  • Stage: Saffron City
  • Music Track: Pokemon Gym/Evoloution - Pokemon Red/ Pokemon Blue
  • Match: Stamina, unlimited time, 40 HP
  • Conditions: The opponent won't use special moves.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job 120 Mii Costumes that disconfirm.

Now lemme clarify and say I went with characters I personally wanted to see, it didn't feel right for me to purposely disconform characters I didn't want. So lemme say straight up front I love both of these characters and no malicious intent was planned. The more names in this thing, the more interesting it'll get.

First Party: Ring Fit Trainees (Ring Fit Adventure) Mii Gunner
SSBU_spirit_Ring_Fit_Trainees.png

This outfit will give your Mii Gunner the gettup for the Ring Fit Trainees, the gun being replaced with the Ring Con. The design of the costume will change depending on your Mii's gender.

Ring Fit Adventure was a huge surprise hit once it hit the shelves, currently sitting at 10 million units sold, putting it in 11th place in terms of Switch games overall. In terms of Smash though, there may be some slight overlap with Wii Fit Trainers to give em a full fighter status. As such, I propose this Mii Gunner costume.

I was originally gonna make it a Brawler, but I wanted to make sure I got the Ring Con itself in there somewhere, due to it being such an essential part in the original game.

Third Party: Sora (Kingdom Hearts) Mii Swordfighter
Sora.png

This one seems pretty self explanatory. This costume for the swordfighter will give your Mii Sora's gettup from Kingdom Hearts III, complete with spikey hair and keyblade sword.

Sora is quite a popular request, that being said his ownership by Disney does put his likelihood into question. In a worse case scenario I think a Mii Costume could be a good last resort.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Very few of these characters, especially 1Ps, seem "heavily requested" to me. I can't remember the last time I even saw "Vaati" or "Sylux" in the same sentence as "Smash". The latter was probably pre-Joker when all the Adeleine/Porky/Poochy theories were coming out!
Sylux isn't necessarily huge nowadays, but he's still somewhat common due to being considered the most likely Metroid rep. The Newcomer Speculation thread had a brief conversation about him not too long ago.

I agree on Vaati, though. Unless he's brought up a ton in Zelda circles I don't frequent, I doubt he qualifies.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Too be fair, I was hoping for new Legend of Zelda rep and I don’t want Midna or Skull Kid to be disconfirmed (but a Skull Kid Mii Costume would most likely stay in the same matter as Inkling, Chrom, King K.Rool and Isabelle getting in the game, while Mii Costumes are still in). Same goes for the Breath of the Wild reps. Besides, I included him since he is (at least in his humanoid form) not a spirit in Smash.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
here’s my votes:

Miitopia Cat and Loki

First Party: Impa

Franchise: Legend of Zelda
Class: Swordfighter
Yet another Mii Swordfighter, Impa would function a bit like Nakoruru with wielding two swords but only using one in battle. Her inclusion as an Assist Trophy would probably anger a lot of her supporters but also those who feel LoZ deserves a new rep as we have yet to add one. She is often brought up a lot of speculation discussion as a potential LoZ rep and due to the timing of Age of Calamity.

Third Party: Reimu Hakurei

Class: Mii Gunner
I hate to add another potential female newcomer rep but I feel that Reimu Hakurei, would an amazing addition as a newcomer, feels more at home as a Mii Costume. Especially considering she would function as a Mii Gunner which we are severely lacking in. Reimu is constantly brought up in speculation; especially when mentioned in any leaks. She took center stage last year for being in leaks prior to Min-Min’s reveal. Adding her in would obviously anger her fans but wouldn’t be a huge whiplash for the community like some other submissions.
Y'know it's hard to put into words how irrationally irritated I am by this typo

Something I'd also like to note is that with her gohei, she'd probably be a Swordfighter rather than a Gunner. She's always shown with the gohei, and the gohei is always used as a whacky stick rather than shooting out the projectiles from the shooters. If someone's just looking for a new Gunner, I'm not sure she'd be the best fit. Just something to keep in mind.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
There are very few first parties that are "heavily requested" in general during the Ultimate DLC era. Especially since we've already added Waluigi, Isaac, Bandanna Dee, and the like. If you want to wittle it down to only first parties that are as heavily requested as the star studded big name third parties, and ones we haven't added yet, and on TOP of that, first parties that don't already have Mii Costumes in the initial game, we would barely have any choices at all.

Also the term of what makes a character "heavily requested" can be highly subjective in general. The internet is a vast place, and there are many vastly different views and levels of supports on different characters depending on which websites or communities you visit.

We can have endless debates on what characters "qualify" for this job, but at the end of the day our vastly different experiences will bias our viewpoints.

Also, we literally just had a discussion on Sylux in the newcomer thread a couple days ago.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
toppng.com-decidueye-by-kageto-okami-damycba-decidueye-982x815.png

Decidueye (Brawler)
(Pokemon Sun & Moon - 2016)

As far as I know the Team Rocket Grunt costume is probably the only Mii costume that Pokemon have (plus, the Slowbro one) and it isn't even the Pokemon themselves so I propose Decidueye, his Mii costume only consist of Decidueye's hood as a headgear and his body, you could stretch him out by giving him a bow or something and make him a gunner just because he uses an arrow but I prefer this one better (and cause he is basically Hawlucha 2).

We all know that Decidueye has a big rally during the base game of Ultimate with the only reason being that he is grass Greninja (and I guess cool) but Ultimately loses to Incineroar with his sheer wrestling ability and even outright stated by Sakurai that if Decidueye ever being a wrestling persona he would have gotten in. And now fast-forward with the announcement of Legends Arceus his support started to shine again due to the appearance of Rowlet which obviously feed into the Pokemon fearmongering in a good way just to avoid Gen 8.

You can't really tell but I feel really bothered with Decidueye and feel a bit redundant getting another gen 7 than even gen 8, I prefer Dewott more honestly.​

Yiptap

Smash Lord
This'll be fun. Especially deconfirming my most wanteds.

First Party Deconfirm: King Boo/Luigi's Mansion

King Boo would join the fight as a 1st party Mii Costume hat. It would be similar to the Chain Chomp headpiece, having King Boo's head as the hat and the mii's face in the mouth. As for why King Boo is highly requested, I just see him get bought up a lot. Yeah, that's pretty much the best evidence I have...

Third Party Deconfirm: Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)

Phoenix Wright would join the fight as a Brawler Mii Costume. It's pretty self-explanatory: The "hedgehog hair" would be the headpiece and Phoenix's suit would be the outfit. Phoenix Wright is highly requested due to being one of, if not, the most requested Capcom characters, usually being in the top 30 in "TOtaLly OfFIciAl smAsH BrOS PolL!!11!!!!111!" and stuff like that.

Edit: I'm getting impatient, I'll submit my spirits here.

Protagonist (Famicom Detective Club)
Debut Game: Famicom Detective Club
Advanced Class Primary Grab (Move Speed Up)
Slots: 2
Summon From the cores of Ayumi Tachinaba, Detective Pikachu, and a grab core
Vince Vanquish
Debut Game: Dragon Quest XI
Novice Class Primary Attack (Stats Up After Eating)
Slots: 3
Song: Bustling Town
Stage: Boxing Ring
Opponent: Bowser (Brown/Orange alt)
Conditions: The opponent favors smash attacks, The opponent is stronger after eating, Stamina battle (Vince/Bowser has 150 hp, you also have 150 hp)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Y'know it's hard to put into words how irrationally irritated I am by this typo

Something I'd also like to note is that with her gohei, she'd probably be a Swordfighter rather than a Gunner. She's always shown with the gohei, and the gohei is always used as a whacky stick rather than shooting out the projectiles from the shooters. If someone's just looking for a new Gunner, I'm not sure she'd be the best fit. Just something to keep in mind.
If Reimu is voted in, I wouldn’t mind moving her to the Swordfighter class. I just felt that including her as a gunner wouldn’t be an entirely strange move. I don’t know the series well. What’s preferrible? Toho? Touhou? Tōhō?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom