• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
  1. Tiki - I think it'd be cool do see what we could do with her, plus the fact that she's a recurring FE character
  2. Max Brass - I think this game needs more PIZAZZ, if you know what I mean (wink wink), and this guy's just the one to do it
  3. Mach Rider - Same as Tiki, there's a lot we could do with this guy. Or girl. Or neither. I dunno, they never really elaborated on it.

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
1. Tiki. Look, I like girls and dragons and girls who can turn into dragons. And Corrin's partial shapeshifting thing and being-Corrin-ness doesn't do it for me.
2. Chibi-Robo. I submitted it, after all. Plus, I just think he feels really missing from the series roster up to now.
3. Porky. Really tough choice here, but in the end, I just feel like I like Porky the best out of the competition.

Paraster

Smash Lord
where is the game being released? also please add gengar from pokemon :p
We are not releasing a full game; this is merely a conceptual thing we're making across this thread and a wiki.

Also, we add characters by voting submissions made based on certain prompts; we don't just add characters on random whims.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
1. Porky
2. Hades
3. DJ Octavio

Honorable Mention to Jill: I'd love to see her, but she's just got no relevancy nowadays, which is why I don't like Sceptile and Celebi on the roster either. On top of that she's the star of a one-off game, which usually is a death sentence for you in Smash. Usually.
Not to be rude, but it seems somewhat hypocritical holding back on a character for being irrelevant, considering your top vote got their last game on the same system.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Mach Rider (If I can't have Excitebiker in Infinite, I want the other cool dude on a bike from the NES era)
2. Chibi-Robo (This character holds a special place in my heart, being my first ever submission)
3. Guardian (dramatic piano music kicks in)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Not to be rude, but it seems somewhat hypocritical holding back on a character for being irrelevant, considering your top vote got their last game on the same system.
Also consider that Itoi explicitly stated he'd never make another Mother. (and that Mother 3 ends with, y'know, all wrong that has ever happened in the world being reversed, meaning there's no possible conflict) Drill Dozer, on the other hand, while it's not likely at all, does have a marginal possibility to return to the limelight.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It's one thing to be a newcomer from a series that already exists in the game vs. justifying advertising for a franchise - not even that, it's not even a franchise at all - a single game that so very few remember from over 15 years ago. I actually think Jill would make a great inclusion - but in comparison to the cult classic EarthBound, which already has it's foot in the door - with multiple characters no less, there's not really a comparison. Jill can't even really qualify as a retro, so she doesn't get bonus points for that.

That's my perspective.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
It's one thing to be a newcomer from a series that already exists in the game vs. justifying advertising for a franchise - not even that, it's not even a franchise at all - a single game that so very few remember from over 15 years ago. I actually think Jill would make a great inclusion - but in comparison to the cult classic EarthBound, which already has it's foot in the door - with multiple characters no less, there's not really a comparison. Jill can't even really qualify as a retro, so she doesn't get bonus points for that.

That's my perspective.
There's a longer gap between Drill Dozer's release and today than there is between the release of Ice Climber and Melee's release. Jill absolutely qualifies as a retro.

Anyway, we're voting for who we want, not who we think makes logical sense from a speculatory standpoint. We don't have to follow "patterns" from the official Smash games.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
There's a longer gap between Drill Dozer's release and today than there is between the release of Ice Climber and Melee's release. Jill absolutely qualifies as a retro.

Anyway, we're voting for who we want, not who we think makes logical sense from a speculatory standpoint. We don't have to follow "patterns" from the official Smash games.
I'm well aware, but you seem to misunderstand - I WANT new stuff to be represented. Jill's cool and all - but when it comes down to it, I want more than just "cool gimmick" as a character. I want a recognizable face and Jill just doesn't qualify as that BECAUSE of the circumstances surrounding her game.

Also, your definition of retro doesn't sit right with me. I don't think retro should be quantified as the amount of years between releases, to me, retro means "from a bygone era where technology was archaic in comparison." And all things considered, the GBA was a monster of a little machine - tech hasn't advanced nearly as much or in the same way as it had between the NES and GC.

That said... get over it? It's my opinion, my vote. You don't have to like it, but I get just as much of a say in it as you do. One vote. And I chose NOT to vote for Jill, because I saw options I liked more.

I mentioned her only as an honorable mention simply because I thought the idea was cool, not to piss people off.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Subspace Emissary Enemy Spirit Task
Well, its been a little while since we've had spirit submissions, so heres another one to keep the thread busy while we continue voting for our heavy newcomer. For this task, we will be submitting the remaining subspace enemies, which includes every smash original enemy besides Primid (and its variations), Bytan, Mites, Roturret, Subspace Bomb and Shadow Bug, as they already have spirits. We will also be excluding Mizzo as they have no art or model of just them not in a vat as far as I can tell, although this is subject to change in conflicting evidence is found. That list includes the following:

Armank
Armight
Auroros
Autolance
Bombed
Borboras
Bucculus
Buckot
Cymul
Feyesh
Floow
Gamyga
Glice
Glire
Glunder
Greap
Nagagog
Poppant
Puppit
Roader
Shaydas
Shellpod
Spaak
Ticken
Towtow
Trowlon
Jyks

Since this more or less is taking the place of a smash bros themed event, any other smash original characters will be considered, but I can't think of any that aren't already spirits off the top of my head. While these individual enemies may not have the greatest legacy, Subspace itself definitely does, and the nature of Sakurai having access to their models and rights makes their inclusion seem logical. Additionally, while I don't believe these character's have any released official art, we will simply use their models from their brawl trophies as their art. Other smash original spirits such as the Master core forms received new art for their spirit, and the current Subspace enemy spirits seem to use models for their art as well, making the use of models acceptable for these spirits where they may not be with other series. High Definition Transparent pictures of their models can be found here.​

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord

Yeah it's just a silly forum game. I just use it to shill the fan movesets I've made beforehand.

Edit: Also I am very much eyeing the poll rn because Porky and Octavio are neck and neck and I already have Porky moveset whipped up I'd LOVE to share xD

Last edited:

sakret

Banned via Warnings
Hi, how does this work. Is everyone suggesting characters they want to see? Tons of people want Max Brass and Porky??

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Not to mention at least Jill's game was released internationally. Technically, Porky hasn't officially appeared in a new game in his own series since 1995 (in the US at least). And everywhere outside of Japan, he's just as much of a one off as Jill is.

That's my perspective.
GBA absolutely does qualify as retro, her game is 15 years old so she would have been eligible for the retro job regardless.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Not to mention at least Jill's game was released internationally. Technically, Porky hasn't officially appeared in a new game in his own series since 1995 (in the US at least). And everywhere outside of Japan, he's just as much of a one off as Jill is.

GBA absolutely does qualify as retro, her game is 15 years old so she would have been eligible for the retro job regardless.
Okay, I'm still voting from my perspectives so it doesn't really matter.

sakret

Banned via Warnings
Ya I think GBA is retro? are you guys talking about retro characters to add in? Max Brass andS Shake King aren't retro ???

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
oH cool, can I join in? how do I sign up?
Hello potential developer!
Welcome to the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Sequel Project - now known as Super Smash Bros. Infinite! We are very excited to see that you have expressed interest in joining our project. Here are some FAQs regarding our project:

Is this actually going to be a fan game?
Unfortunately, this is just a creative brainstorming project. We are only coming up with ideas on how this game will function, what characters it will have, and how different it will be from its predecessor, Ultimate.

Cool! How do I submit a character/stage/assist trophy/etc.?
This project is run on a job-by-job basis. This means that the thread creator, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom or the Executive Assistants, ( Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto , and Krookodilian Krookodilian ) will be providing prompts regularly for us developers to answer. These prompts can range from specific (Submit a Halloween Themed character) to vague (Suggest a new first-party franchise for our next character). Once some time has passed after the prompt is given, we will vote on the suggestions, with the winning suggestion(s) making it to the final game. This means that we won't have the opportunity to suggest characters/stages/etc. until the prompt itself is given to us. Furthermore, when we do add characters, keep in mind that we try to keep the newcomers different. For example, after having Jill & Leon as our Game Awards newcomers, we were unable to submit Officer Howard as our next newcomer because they would be too similar (anime cop with a gun that kills otherworldly monsters). This doesn't mean that you would not be able to suggest them again later, it just means we can't have two similar characters back to back. Again, we will have specific times to suggest characters, so please hold onto your ideas for then!

What about Spirits and Music?
As with other parts of the game, we will be submitting spirits on a case-by-case basis, in order to account for the work our Spirit Team does. The two main times we will submit spirits will be after a new character is revealed and when a spirit event is made. Spirit events are week long submissions that are themed around a particular... theme. This can be things like holidays, such as Easter, genres, such as fighting games, to more abstract concepts, like inanimate objects. We do have set rules, about submitting spirits, however. During spirit events, we will only accept 3 submissions per user and each submission is approved based on the discretion of the Spirit Team. Some examples of spirits that will be rejected are real life hardware, such as gaming consoles and accessories, spirits with no official art, and spirits that will increase the age rating. Additionally, when submitting spirits, it is highly encouraged to follow the format listed below to provide the Spirits Team with the information required to add them to the wiki.
While we're on the topic of submitting spirits I just want to mention the formatting of spirit posts. Right now the way that the inforamtion for a spirit battle is displayed varies depending on the submitter, so its not very cohesive, and some are missing information or use inconsistent language to describe the same things. This is the format I use and Venus has encouraged others to adopt it as well.

[Picture][Name] [(Game of Origin)]
Class:
Type: [Primary/Support)(Attack/Shield/Grab), # of slots
Effect:
  • Puppet Fighter: Fighter (Describe which alt)
  • Stage:
  • Music Track:
  • Match:
  • Conditions:
For Example: (This is a spirit I submitted already so it doesn't need to be added again)
Lana (Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Shield, 2 Slots
Effect: Electric Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin (Blue)
  • Stage: Temple
  • Music Track: Push Forward
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors neutral special, Hazard: Zap Floor

Here are some resources that I use when making my spirits that helps with keeping the skills they have accurate, as well as not creating a spirit thats already in the game.

I use this one to see which traits come alongside primary spirits

I use this to see which effects can be given by support spirits.

I use this to see what the in game text is for certain conditions.

I've also found that the Mario wiki has the most viewable list of already existing spirits, with the spirit battle details alongside it for inspiration.

I think that using the Wikia and the already existing google sheets will work going forward. Another thing to think about if we're regulating spirit submissions is that right now quite a few spirits use in the game sprite as their spirit art. There is precedent in Smash Ultimate for this happening with the Mother, Ice Climber, and Pac-Man series using in game sprites but usually if there's no official art of the character then its likely that they're not the kind of character who would get a spirit.

Personally I think R.O.B. is an exception and should be the only real world spirit since he's a fighter.
In terms of music, we have a document on the main page. Music will be added periodically to prevent the document from filling up too fast. Each universe has a cap number, such as 40, that will be the maximum number of allowed songs. Additionally, this cap will be capped by a second, temporary cap, so you it is presented as 15/40. This means that of the 40 songs that will be added throughout the project's lifespan, only 15 will be accepted at the moment. This cap is raised every so often, and the maximum may be increased by adding a stage/character to the project later on. Like with spirits, we will be accepting music on a case-by-case basis. Songs that have difficulty negotiating for, songs with little to no relation with Nintendo or the characters in the project, or series with too many songs will be removed. Fan remixes are allowed, provided you give credit.

Wait, a wiki?
Yeah, we have a cool wiki. You'll find almost everything related to the project on this site.

That's about all I can think of for the project right now! Please enjoy your stay and we look forward to working with you!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
oH cool, can I join in? how do I sign up?
There's no sign up required. Simply post according to the current jobs and you can participate freely. There's a list of characters you can vote for on the previous page on Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 's post. You can vote for 3 characters, the first option will receive three points, the second two, and last one.

Last edited:

sakret

Banned via Warnings
Oh my god thank you so much lol, so much text. Okay I'll go read through everything and make my votes. I have a moveset for Cinderace for example. I think I can't submit it now but could I try and submit Cinderace in the future??
I also conceptualized a moveset for Yu narukami, Dimitri FE3H and sans from Undertale!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Oh my god thank you so much lol, so much text. Okay I'll go read through everything and make my votes. I have a moveset for Cinderace for example. I think I can't submit it now but could I try and submit Cinderace in the future??
I also conceptualized a moveset for Yu narukami, Dimitri FE3H and sans from Undertale!
If there is a job that Cinderace (or any of your other characters) follow, you can try submitting them in the future (we already had our Pokemon job a couple weeks ago though). If any of the characters you have a moveset for eventually get voted in, you can submit their movesets when we are on that phase (covered by a separate job), and it will be voted on as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom