• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah there are too many good options for Punch-Out heavyweights. I’m kind of worried that they’re gonna cannibalize each other.
Hopefully we do a "lightweight first party" sometime in the future. Glass Joe would be perfect for that, assuming we don't get a Punch Out rep by then.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Hopefully we do a "lightweight first party" sometime in the future. Glass Joe would be perfect for that, assuming we don't get a Punch Out rep by then.
I think that a character prompt for an objectively bad character might be interesting. A fighter who is designed to be the definitive worst character in the game, who you would only ever choose to show off to your friends. Add Glass Joe, but he’s unable to shield. Or maybe add Slippy, but he has the tripping mechanic from Brawl. I’m not sure if people would be into that kind of prompt, but I think it could be fun.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think that a character prompt for an objectively bad character might be interesting. A fighter who is designed to be the definitive worst character in the game, who you would only ever choose to show off to your friends. Add Glass Joe, but he’s unable to shield. Or maybe add Slippy, but he has the tripping mechanic from Brawl. I’m not sure if people would be into that kind of prompt, but I think it could be fun.
I'd be OK with that if the character was mandated to be an echo - making them a fully original character strikes me as a waste of development budget.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I'd be OK with that if the character was mandated to be an echo - making them a fully original character strikes me as a waste of development budget.
I think a joke fighter category like Plant would be a good idea. The closest we have is Stylist who is still very much a serious representation of her series.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the dungeon voting! We are accepting the top five which sadly leaves out the Urban and Fire Dungeon. That being said, I can’t imagine not having those not represent but we will be including them plus a few more later.

The City (Urban Dungeon) @cashregister9 5
Party Dungeon AirMac1 AirMac1 6
Cathedral (Holy Dungeon) Paraster Paraster 10
The Dump (Trash Dungeon) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 15
Fire World (Fire Dungeon) Jomosensual Jomosensual 3
Neo Retro Haven (8-Bit Dungeon) Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 8
House (Domicile Dungeon) C chocolatejr9 13

We are adding the following:
1. The Dump (Trash Dungeon)
2. The House (Domicile Dungeon)
3. The Cathedral (Holy Dungeon)
4. Neo Retro Haven (8-Bit Dungeon)
5. Party Dungeon (though due to the randomized nature of Smash Dungeon, it will differ from the original intent)

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Here are the results of the dungeon voting! We are accepting the top five which sadly leaves out the Urban and Fire Dungeon. That being said, I can’t imagine not having those not represent but we will be including them plus a few more later.

5. Party Dungeon (though due to the randomized nature of Smash Dungeon, it will differ from the original intent)
Holy cow, something I submitted actually won! Even if it was only second place!

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman

What do you know? I actually made the top five! Even though I barely did, I’m still very happy that I did.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 105: Heavyweight Rep
300px-Shake_King_WLSI_sack.png

Who I went with?
The Shake King (Wario Land)

Why him?
  1. He doesn't get enough love and is well... underrated and very irrelevant.
  2. He could bring more representation for Wario Land which has none in Smash.
  3. Plus, playing as a pirate Viking would be freaking epic!
What would his moveset be like?
I picture him being pretty heavy and able to do powerful attacks with brute strength, he would be the heaviest character with Bowser in second. Also, he can manipulate electricity, either to use hyper beams, shoot projectiles, and lightning bolts which would be pretty cool.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Had to dig a bit, but here's my old Edelgard submission:

As for the required questions:

1. Edelgard would be a normal heavyweight.
2. Edelgard would be about 108, based on the image.
I don't plan on submitting, but I will be throwing my support for Edie and other submissions. With that out of the way:

Job 105
Emperor of Adrestia and the Future of Fódlan
Edelgard von Hresvelg

1. Three Houses
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is one of Nintendo's best selling games on the Nintendo Switch, with 2.87 million copies sold as of early 2021. This means that the game is the best selling of the entire Fire Emblem franchise. The success of this entry has improved the status of Fire Emblem as a series in Nintendo's repertoire, with it joining the ranks of Mario, Zelda, and Animal Crossing as one of the company's flagship titles. In fact, the heavy pushing of Fire Emblem as a series has led to Nintendo making moves such as including characters like Byleth in Super Smash Bros. and holding a crossover event with Tetris 99.

Fire Emblem is a series with an irregular cast and setting - the series is divided into different stories, with many disconnected from each other. For example, the Elibe series where Roy hails from is completely different from the Tellius saga starring Ike. That being said, Three Houses is in an isolated setting: Fódlan. The continent of Fódlan is home to three countries, all of whose values differ from each other. Each country is tied with its dedication to the Central Church at Garreg Mach Monastery. The prestigious of those three countries as well as neighboring regions are able to enroll the future generation at the Officer's Academy located in the Monastery.

The game starts with Byleth (whom I assume everyone is familiar with at this point) and their father rescuing a group of three students from a bandit attack. A series of coincidences leads the pair to Garreg Mach, where Byleth is tasked with instructing one of three classes. Each class, or house, is led by a different student each year, and coincidentally again, each of the three leaders this time around turn out to be the future leaders of each country. Edelgard leads the Black Eagle house, representative of students from the Adrestian Empire. Dimitri leads the Blue Lions of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus, and Claude Golden Deers of the Leicester Alliance. The choice of which house to teach diverges the game into 3 paths, all of which are different from each other in terms of story and values. Five years following an important event in the story, Byleth wakes to find the leader of the house they had chosen in the beginning. The seasons of warfare that erupt following the awakening of Byleth lead to heart wrenching story events, many of which feature the deaths of students and faculty alike.

2. Edelgard
Edelgard von Hresvelg is the heir to the Adrestian throne, a divine position that was created from a pact between Lady Seiros and the first emperor of Adrestia. She is the 9th and only living child of the current emperor, Ionius IX. The traumatic experiences that led to the deaths of her 10 other siblings is one of the major catalysts of her motivations and ideals. Due to the trauma she faced, her conviction towards completing her goals is extremely strong. She and her retainer, Hubert von Vestra, will do anything they can in order to complete these goals. In combat, Edelgard primarily wields an axe, though she is also capable of using dark magic and other weapons. Additionally, due to the versatile nature of the combat system of Three Houses, she is also capable of wielding other weapons as well. Edelgard is an anomaly in the games, as she is one of two students (the other being Lysithea of House Golden Deer) who possesses two crests. These crests provide her with extra strength during battle: the crest of Seiros and the crest of Flames both grant her with raw strength and the latter also has a chance of healing her if damage is dealt.

Upon first meeting Edelgard, Byleth and Sothis note that she is a "refined young woman... though she is always evaluating me." Her bond with Byleth grows extremely strong following they save her from a surprise attack that would've killed her. Throughout the first half of the game, Edelgard's attachment to the professor grows extremely strong, to the point where she asks them to accompany her to the capital of Adrestia, Enbarr, for an excursion.

Spoiler territory for Fire Emblem: Three Houses begins here. Spoils all routes.

White Clouds​
In truth, Edelgard's true identity is the Flame Emperor who manipulates several major story events of the first half. As a result of her strong attachment to Byleth, Edelgard attempts to sway the professor over to her side several times. If Byleth has obtained at least a C support with Edelgard, they are able to accompany her to Enbarr, where she takes the title of Emperor from her father. As Edelgard is crowned emperor, she is able to have more control over Imperial forces. This allows her to plan a surprise invasion of the Holy Tomb, where she is formally unmasked. Depending on the house that Byleth has chosen, this has severe consequences on the story.

Crimson Flower​
If the player chose to lead the Black Eagles house and sides with Edelgard, Byleth and their students quickly evacuate the tomb. Archbishop Rhea reveals her true form as the Immaculate One, an ancient dragon whose obsession with bringing her mother back to life drives her mad. Edelgard and Hubert lead the Black Eagles, as well as any students who have transferred over to the Black Eagles into a camp to reorganize. A war is formally declared between the Church of Seiros and the Adrestian Empire and both sides fight. During this fight, Byleth falls into a coma. During this coma, the Empire has made little progress due to a stalemate between the warring countries. Eventually, Byleth wakes up and rejoins Edelgard as well as the Black Eagle house, now reorganized into the (terribly named) Black Eagle Strike Force. With Byleth by their side, the Empire is able to defeat the Leicester Alliance and either kill or force Claude into exile. Thanks to their control over the strategic location of the Bridge of Myrddin, the Empire is soon able to make their advances on Faerghus. They take key locations in Arianrhod and kill Dimitri in the Tailtean plains. This is the point where Rhea drops her persona as Rhea and adopts her Lady Seiros persona, determined to kill Edelgard and Byleth. As the Empire's forces reach Fhirdiad, the capital of Faerghus and the hiding place of Seiros, Seiros calls for the city to be burnt despite civilians not yet evacuating in hopes of slowing the Imperial advance. This fails, with the Black Eagle Strike Force taking out the remainder of the Church and Kingdom's troops. The Immaculate One herself is then killed by a joint effort of both Byleth and Edelgard. The death of Rhea allows Byleth to finally live as a normal human and Edelgard to cement her rule over Fódlan. With her new position in power, she is able to enact reforms that decrease the power of nobility and crests and engage in warfare against Those Who Slither in the Dark.

Silver Snow and Verdant Wind​
If the player chose to lead the Black Eagles house and doesn't side with Edelgard, OR chooses to lead the Golden Deer house, Edelgard is fought at Gronder Field along with Dimitri's Kingdom forces. Byleth's group defeats both and Edelgard retreats to Enbarr. On the way, it is assumed that Dimitri is killed by Edelgard. To rescue Rhea from the empire, the army storms into the Imperial castle after killing Hubert. They kill Edelgard (with the help of Dimtri's retainer Dedue). Following her death, they receive a posthumous letter from Hubert, detailing the location of Shambhala, the base of Those Who Slither in the Dark.

Azure Moon​
If the player chose to lead the Blue Lions house, Byleth returns to war after their 5 year coma. The three houses once again fight each other at Gronder Field. Dimitri eventually meets up with Edelgard, having a talk about their goals for the future. However, they reach a conclusion that neither of them can have a future with the other still alive, so they fight it out. Hubert is once again defeated and the Imperial palace is stormed. Edelgard then uses her two crests to transform into a demonic beast, known as the Hegemon Husk. She is killed by Dimtri's Arheadbar, though not before attempting to kill Dimitri with the dagger he gave her. (Apologies, I have not played the Blue Lions route yet)

Here concludes spoilers for Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Thus, throughout the game, Edelgard's ambitions and personality create a morally gray persona. She is the leading factor in the change in balance of power in Fódlan and her methods to reach her goals can definitely earn her the title of villain if interpreted so. Due to her trauma at the hands of Those Who Slither in the Dark, it can be argued that Edelgard is a tragic villain.

3. Why Edelgard?
If added, Edelgard will be our 9th Fire Emblem newcomer. As such, it may lead you to ask: why Edelgard out of the rest of the series? First and foremost, Edelgard will represent something the series is lacking in representation: villains. Of the 8 already added, each character is a main character whose virtues are unswayed and are heroes by every definition of the word. Edelgard, however, is cold and calculating. While she may have good intentions, her methods are extremely unorthodox and cruel. She lies and manipulates in order to create the ideal situations. She makes alliances with terrorist organizations. Additionally, Edelgard will diverge from the rest of the cast by being the only one who will not use a sword. While she is capable of doing so, she is always depicted with her signature axe Aymr. Finally, while there are other heavy axe users in the Fire Emblem series, Edelgard in particular comes from the best selling entry in the series. While the game is already represented with Byleth, the importance of Three Houses to the series definitely warrants another character. Additionally, the growing importance of the Fire Emblem series will mean that the series will get more characters, whether the Smash fanbase likes it or not.

In terms of moveset, Edelgard has access to many techniques that other Fire Emblem characters have not touched yet. As mentioned before, she wields an Axe and is also capable of using Dark Magic. Her attacks would be extremely powerful, with heavy axe swings and blasts of magic. There is also the matter of her loyal vassal Hubert, who I imagine will have a role in her moveset in one way or another. Finally, as mentioned forever ago in my post for Seteth as an Assist Trophy, Smash has no battalion representation. Three Houses introduces a combat mechanic called gambits, which allow a character to lead a small combat formation consisting of soldiers, monks, etc. With her addition, it is possible to better represent Three Houses.

4. Addressing Problems
If you've been paying attention, you may have noticed that Edelgard's signature axe is Aymr - same as Byleth's down special. This isn't really a problem, as Edelgard doesn't need to use Aymr. If she absolutely has to have Aymr, the nature of the axe means that there is a possible story explanation as to why Edelgard and Byleth can use the same weapon in the same game.

If you are doubting how Edelgard, a 158cm girl can be a heavyweight character, please note that this girl wears large amounts of armor. She also carries around a large shield and axe, so the weight of the equipment already can lead to her being a heavyweight.

While I do believe adding Edelgard over the 2 other lords will eventually lead to fan wars, I believe that she is the most important of the three - it is through her manipulation that many of the story events happen. This isn't really a strong argument but it's the best I can think of for this.

5. Final Thoughts
Edelgard is a morally grey character, something that is lacking in the current Fire Emblem roster so far. Her actions in every route, even her own definitely condemn her to a tragic, if not a full on villain. Additionally, her choice of weapon, the axe Aymr, grants her a unique weapon from the rest of the Fire Emblem cast in Smash Bros. Fire Emblem: Three Houses is the best selling entry in the franchise and the growing importance of the franchise definitely warrants another character as an inclusion in Smash, and Edelgard's prominence in the story in all three routes leads her to being one of the best characters to add.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
(I know I said I wouldn't be doing a manifesto for the next job but there was a longer break between fighters than I thought there would be and I couldn't help myself.)
Octavio_dance.gif
Job #105: DJ Octavio D-D-D-Drops the Sea Bass!!!
Octavio_dance.gif

Who is DJ Octavio?
A good video game protagonist is nothing without their respective villain. Mario has Bowser, Donkey Kong has King K. Rool, Link has Ganondorf, Samus has Ridley, Fox has Wolf, Cloud has Sephiroth, and the list goes on. DJ Octavio is the Yin to the Inkling's Yang, being the head honcho behind the events of both Splatoon, and Splatoon 2. In the first game he develops an army of Octarians to rise up against the Bourgeoisie Inklings, and steals their zapfish to bring electricity to his people. While Cap'n Cuttlefish and Agent 3 are able to squash his attempts at revolution, and imprison him inside a snowglobe, he manages to somehow escape before the events of Splatoon 2. Agent 4 and Marie then discover that DJ Octavio, Callie, and the Great Zapfish are missing once again in the events of Splatoon 2 and go on another campaign to find them. With the help of the power of the Calamari Inkantation, Marie is able to free Callie from the control of DJ Octavio and his hypnoshades, and he is defeated and imprisoned once again. While DJ Octavio may not have the most complex role in the first two splatoon games, pieces of lore are hidden around the Splatoon universe which hint at a deeper significance for Octavio. Sunken Scroll #16 in Splatoon 1 shows that not only were Cap'n Cuttlefish and Octavio counterparts of sorts, but that Octavio also had a human form, being one of two confirmed male octarians to have a human form. DJ Octavio's return in Splatoon 2 suggests that not only will his backstory be expanded on in future installments, but that DJ Octavio is here to stay, and become the Inkling's main nemesis.

Presence in Smash:
DJ Octavio is present as an advanced primary spirit in Smash, with an enhanceable form, Octobot King (the name of him in his mech) also present as an ace primary spirit. Nothing outstanding about it, but Sakurai is more than aware of him, giving him two different spirits. His Splatoon 1 boss battle theme is also present as a music track in Ultimate. However, his splatoon 2 boss theme is not, which is a real shame. It's one of my favorite themes in all of splatoon. The theme when his boss battle starts to turn in your favor in Splatoon 2 is also not present, which again is a massive shame. So while he definitely has presence in Ultimate, showing his significance, there's plenty more to add to justify his inclusion.

Furthermore, his octarian army is very lacking in the spirit department. The standard Octoling Grunt (different than the playable Boy and Girl) is the only one of his units present, so we could properly represent the Octarian side of splatoon with his inclusion, and the spirits that come alongside him.

Function in Smash as a Heavy Weight:
DJ octavio is his octopus form may not qualify for the class of heavyweight, but this is where one of his greatest strengths come in. Like in both Splatoon Boss Battles, DJ Octavio would fight from within his mech, giving him not only the weight required for this job, but uniqueness to set him apart from other heavy set fighters. DJ Octavio would have a weight of 125 placing him below King Dedede and Donkey Kong, but above Ganondorf. Obviously his mech would be quite heavy, but due to its nature of levitation it wouldn't be as heavy as possible. Most of the current super Heavies fight mainly with their fists/claws or standard weapons, like King Dedede, but DJ Octavio would fight in a very different manner, using his mech to throw missiles and bombs, send out spinning fists, potentially summon octarians, and other mech related activities. DJ Octavio however still has the ability to attack opponents himself, utilizing his wasabi sticks to spice up the battle, in potential attacks like Pummels, Tilts, and Aerials.

What's that? You don't think the Octobot King alone gives DJ Octavio enough unique attributes? Well, worry no more, as there's quite a simple solution at hand. Given DJ Octavio is the general of the Octarian army, it makes sense that he would be able to modify his mech in a smash appearance to incorporate attacks done by all the other bosses in the Splatoon series as well. Want bread attacks? The Octo Oven's got you covered. Need a unique recovery? The Octo Shower's got you covered. Want Spin attacks? The Rampaging Octowhirl's got you covered. Needless to say across every Octarian Boss found across both of Splatoon's campaign, DJ Octavio has more than enough moveset potential.

Potential Issues Addressed:

Do We Really Need another Splatoon character?

Splatoon is one of Nintendo's most valued recent IP's, and our selection of fighters should reflect that. While we've added an echo fighter from Splatoon in the form of Octoling, we still only have one fighter, one assist, and one stage from the series. DJ Octavio would be a villain from the series as well, setting him apart from Inkling and Octoling, and representing the enemy faction of the Splatoon series. Furthermore, Splatoon has even joined the ranks of Mario, Zelda, and Animal Crossing as an S tier Nintendo franchise, as shown by this promotional art for the official Nintendo Tokyo store. Splatoon is even maintaining a strong presence on the switch, with a full fledged sequel, Splatoon 3, announced in the last Nintendo Direct. The announcement was also the closer for the direct, which is an honor shared by other prestigious games such as BotW 2 and Smash fighter reveals. The Splatoon series as a whole has also already sold more than the Star Fox, Pikmin, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade Chronicles, and soon to pass the Metroid series, with Splatoon only having 2 games under its belt.

His Mech is too big!!!!

While I agree that if carried over directly from Splatoon his mech wouldn't make for the best fighter, it doesn't have to be transferred over one to one. As Shown with Ridley fighters can be shrunk down, and other fighters such as Dedede show that smash incarnations of characters are capable of having unique elements. DJ Octavio himself wouldn't even need to be shrunk down, only his mech, which can be explained as him making a new mech for Smash. Bowser Jr. Shows that Mech characters are possible, and pieces of fan art like this one show that DJ Octavio specifically can work in a mech as well.

Wouldn't He be to similar to Min Min?

While DJ Octavio's Mech does have extending spring Arms, not unlike the ones found in the ARMS universe, he wouldn't have to rely on these, or even use them for hardly any attacks at all. The Boss Battles and Mechanics found in the Splatoon universe provide more than enough potential for DJ Octavio to not have to be Min Min 2.0. I see his fists being used for a grab, and possibly one standard attack, and thats really all that would need to be present, since he has lots of other moveset potential to pull from. Furthermore, given that he would be operating with a new mech, it wouldn't beu nreasonable to nerf the distance that his mech's fist extended, making the comparison to Min Min almost null in the first place.

There aren't enough Ink Colors left to set him apart from Inkling and Octoling!

First of all, there most definitely are enough ink colors. Additionally, since DJ Octavio doesn't transform, presumably wouldn't have an ink meter, and wouldn't be representing the Turf War side of splatoon, he may not even need an ink mechanic as versatile as Inkling and Octoling have in the first place. It would be up to whoever designs the moveset to determine how much ink is involved in his moveset, but I don't see running out of ink colors as a limiting factor for Octavio's inclusion.

Final Arguments:
1. Splatoon is an extremely profitable and relevant IP
2. Splatoon only has one unique fighter compared to lesser selling series like Star Fox and Fire Emblem, which have 3 and 6 (soon to be 7) unique fighters respectively
3. DJ Octavio's mech would set him apart from other super heavyweights in terms of both play style and appearance
4. We've yet to have a newcomer villain (unless you count Waluigi), and Splatoon is possibly the biggest first party series left without an antagonist playable.
5. He's a dubstep using Octopus DJ (need I explain myself further?)

Cool Fanart:
604.png

Vote cool Octopus man

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 105:
CHAIN CHOMP pulls the peg!

Render by MutationFoxy
So just who is this guy? Well, I know who he is. You know who he is. No need to run you down with useless exposition. He's the ORIGINAL bite of '87. Okay, well the bite of '88 technically since SMB 3 released in 1988 He's been lunching at his foes for years-that is, as far as his peg lets him go. He's easily one of the most iconic-and definitely the most lovable-Super Mario enemy.
So yeah, he's iconic. And he's long-standing. And any gamer will know of his existence-probably even lots of non-gamers given the sheer popularity of Super Mario Bros. 3 and other games in the series where they appear. But Smash Bros? Really? What kind of Super Mushrooms are you on, Janx_uwu?
The right kind.
Let's delve into why Chain Chomp should be a playable fighter in Super Smash Brothers Infinite.

In Smash, Chain Chomp would function on the heavier side of heavyweights, at 124-three units less than King Dedede-a superheavyweight character. He would have the height of Mega Man (making him more similar to his SMB3 appearance than, say, SM64) and have a run speed of 1.16, making him the slowest character in the game. A nice callback to his history of being pegged down, forced into enslavement-the poor guy. He also has the second fastest fall speed and fastfall speedin the game-what, did you expect this ball of pure steel to gracefully fall towards the stage?
Chain Chomp isn't bound down to a peg like in the Mario games. In Smash, he's almost always free of it, to allow him to be a normal fighter. He's a heavyweight who has surprisingly long range, comparable to Plant. He'll utilize his chain itself for weaker attacks, but for stronger attacks, he'll use it in tandem with his body to lunge himself or other objects. He might just use himself, no chain required, for one or two attacks.

FAQ
Don't we already have a generic Mario enemy in Smash?
I'm gonna make a similar case for Meowth here-generic Mario enemies are lovable, iconic, and filled with personality. There's no reason we can't have a few. I may not be the biggest Pirhana Plant fan in the world, but my distaste for him mostly has to do with when he was revealed. I love how expressive he and his moveset are, and I think we can pull of something similar with this adorable pupper.
We have too many Mario characters!
Honestly, I'd say we don't have enough Mario characters. There's so many characters from this series that we haven't even TOUCHED yet in Smash. Do they all need to be in? No, but this one does. Again, he is cute, I must remind you.
He's a joke character!
Well, that saves us from a possible mandatory joke character job later in the future, now doesn't it? We have plenty of other newcomers who fully deserve the spot they were given. We can throw one to the dog. Who knows, maybe he'll also save us from a generic enemy job?
It's just a Chain Chomp, how is it going to fight in Smash?
As seen with Pirhana Plant, a generic enemy with seemingly just one attack can be given endless creative liberties to create a fun and unique moveset unlike any other. There are multiple species and appearances of the Chain Chomp which we could pull from to make an intuitive fighter. Also he can play tennis so your argument is invalid.

Final Argument
Cute dog with lots of moveset potential and is very iconic. Did I mention he's cute? He is very cute.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
JILL & DRILL DOZER STEAL THE SHOW!

Who are Jill & Drill Dozer?
Jill (NOT “Jill Dozer”, her last name has never been confirmed in the West, though she does have one in Japan, where she is known as "Dori Kururi") is the protagonist of the 2005 puzzle-action-platformer Drill Dozer, made by Game Freak and published by Nintendo. The daughter of a righteous crime boss, Jill was raised in the art of thievery, piloting a powerful Drill Dozer tank long before she could even read or write. Before her mother’s untimely death, she gave Jill a powerful red diamond that can grant any wish, trusting her not to abuse its power and protect it from anyone who may want to - so when the not-so-righteous Skulker gang break in, incapacitate Jill’s dad, and steal the diamond, it’s up to the little rascal to get it back, and on the way discover the conspiracy behind why the police always target the Red Dozers and not the Skulkers. It's because the Skulkers are paying them

What would Jill & Drill Dozer do?
We don’t yet have a fully drill-based fighter. Jill would likely have a hitstun-heavy moveset, powerful attacks, slow movement, a heavy weight disproportionate to her small size, (just slightly below an ultraheavyweight, 110 about) and poor air mobility but great air attacks. Jill admittedly doesn’t have many unique maneuvers with her drill, but she does have a propeller that lets her drill in the air, can shift up gears by timing the drill button (which could play into her overall playstyle) and when all else fails a mighty punch. We could probably composite some level elements from Drill Dozer into her moveset - such as Jelly Blocks which she can bounce backwards off of, or lifts she sticks her drill into and can be carried by. A lot of people may think of Jill as a “Bowser Jr. clone”, but beyond being obnoxious children piloting robots and Jr. having one or two drill moves there’s no real resemblance. Speaking of Bowser Jr, we could possibly have Gearmo and Grutch as alternate characters as their proportions fit.

Why should Jill & Drill Dozer be in Smash?​
  • Jill would be a representative for Game Freak’s non-Pokémon games. Jill’s inclusion in Smash could be a big break for them and allow them to build interest for their pocket monster-free titles.​
  • Jill is a non-sexualised female character, being a cartoony child piloting a mech suit that covers her entire body. After the backlash, drama, and concern over Pyra and Mythra’s sexualised designs, we should probably try to emphasise less provocative female heroes - booba fans would probably get their fun from a Detective Carrie stage cameo anyway.​
  • Drill Dozer, while not known to many, is often considered one the best games (if not THE best original platformer) the GBA has to offer, as well as one of Game Freak's best titles outside of the Pokémon series.​
  • Jill would serve as a representative for the mid 2000s, a retro era that’s already become nostalgic to many. Her design resembles Western cartoons of the time such as The Proud Family and The Powerpuff Girls so we could take advantage of the recent nostalgia boom between animation fans for the “thick line”/UPA art style, even from those not familiar with the Red Dozer boss. (possibly with a 2D animated trailer?)​
  • Including Jill would encourage fans who may not have played Drill Dozer to seek it out, and thus they may find a new favourite title, while introducing Jill would reward and validate die-hard Nintendo and Game Freak fans for going into the obscure back catalogue of years gone by.​
  • Jill has a fandom, as small as it is, and it tends to be pretty passionate about the neon-haired juvie. Jill would be an unexpected, quirky newcomer, but also one with an existing fanbase and therefore not as likely to cause controversy or confusion as previous unexpected retros.​
  • Jill appeared as an Assist Trophy in Brawl and Spirit in Ultimate, so there's likely at least a passing familiarity for her to most casual Smash fans.​
  • The Game Boy line of consoles has been seriously lacking when it comes to Smash representation, with the only character in Smash you could really consider exclusively associated with it being Lucas.​
Soda Popinski outdrinks the competition!
View attachment 315462
Soda Popinski (Japanese: ソーダ・ポピンスキー Sōda Popinsukī, Russian: Сода Попинский), originally known as Vodka Drunkenski (Japanese: ウォッカ・ドランケンスキー Wokka Dorankensukī, Russian: Водка Дрункенский), made his first appearance in the arcade as the "Champion of the USSR" in the 1985 game Super Punch-Out!!. As his name suggests, he drinks soda on a regular basis (alcohol in his original "Super Punch-Out!!" appearance) in between bouts of incessant laughter. The theme music played for Soda Popinski is a quote from The Volga Boatmen's Song, a Russian folk song.

Soda Popinski appeared as Vodka Drunkenski in Super Punch-Out!! as the third opponent. He is fought very similarly to Super Macho Man, except that his speed and reflexes are higher (at the expense of lower attacking power) and utilized a special punching move called 'Drunken Punch'. He also uses hooks against the player very often but rarely uses uppercuts. He's a lot tougher than the two previous opponents and has really high defense but he rarely blocks the player's punches. He'll use a lot of attacks which are hard to avoid and that makes him one of the hardest opponents in the game.

Soda Popinski returned in Punch-Out!! for the Wii and has been promoted to the #3 contender of the World Circuit, right before Bald Bull. In his bio, he is shown to train by carrying large boxes of soda up a snowy mountain, presumably to his private training gym, and to be constantly drinking soda while training. He is voiced by Ukrainian voice actor Ihor Mota, who speaks legitimate Russian in the game. He is the only character in the game to have an effective use of the between-rounds taunts. A cutscene shows that Soda regains health by drinking a bit of his bottle. The faster you skip the cutscene, the less health he'll recover.

A chance for you to get a Star Punch from him is where he takes out a soda to try and drink it. If you knock it away, it earns a Star Punch, but at the expense of Soda having to use his Soda Fury (Uppercut combo) technique. Soda will also use the Soda Fury when he gets hit by a Star Punch (that doesn't result in a knockdown) or if he has to get up from a knockdown drinking a drop of soda he keeps handy at all times. However, when he gets knocked down five times, the soda is completely dry, causing him to be KO'd. Regardless, Soda will be defeated after getting knocked down a total of five times.. In his other KO animation he will struggle to grasp his bottle as it rolls out of the ring, which is triggered if defeated with jabs while stunned, a star-punch that results in his fifth knock-down or by TKO.

After two knockdowns, he changes his hook to a side-stepping hook (identified by when he moves left). Little Mac will get hurt if he tries to dodge both of Soda's hooks (both the standing and the side-stepping hook) in the wrong direction. Popinski is presumably immune to hooks because he only allows one hook in a stun combo. If you lose to him, he will shake his fizzy soda causing it to spray everywhere and celebrate with a Russian Cossack dance.

His appearance has changed throughout games, so he could have some cool alts. Also, his title defense mode costume from Punch-Out Wii would be a nice alt.View attachment 315464
Job 105: Porky Minch

Reposting this bad boy. However I will probably make a support case for King Boo if someone submits him too.

View attachment 315467
Job 105:

Max Brass

Who is Max Brass?
Max Brass is commissioner of the ARMS fighting league and considered the greatest champion in it's history. An important character in ARMS lore and rumors of a small push coming in the way of the series, it would make a ton of sense for Arms to get another character.

Why Max Brass?
Starting with the reason I already mentioned above, Max is a very important character in ARMS lore. Max Brass having the legacy he does in ARMS lore alone feels like a reason to consider him a spot. He's also one of the final boss options from the Grand Prix mode in the game along with Dr Coyle, making him at the bare minimum a possible antagonist for the player. While technically not a villain, we could use characters who at least can lean that way on the roster.

Touching on a point that I made above once again, ARMS currently has only one playable fighter, with that being Min Min. The series doesn't necessarily need a 2nd rep but with it still being one of the newer 1st party universes out there for Nintendo, which was also given a pretty big role out with it being one of the first games out on the Switch, it makes sense to continue to push it with a 2nd fighter from the series. While a lot of the other characters from ARMS would play fairly similarly to her.

For the final time, I'll touch on a previous point I made. Min Min is currently our only ARMS rep in the game right now. It feels like the majority of the roster wouldn't work as a fully unique fighter, instead being better fits as semi clones or echos. Max Brass however would work perfectly in a unique fighter role. Max wouldn't work as a echo since he's so much bigger. He may occupy the same switching arms mechanic but his realistically could be different. All 3 of his default arms are different than Min Mins. Without getting too crazy into building a moveset for him, Max's 3 default gloves(the Nade, Roaster, and Kablammer) all could be made to have different effects like Min Min has. Where he'd stand out the most though is his weight, obviously. Not only would him being heavier and more powerful than Min Min make him different, being a heavy with range is a role only occupied by King K Rool right now. And with only 1 fighting being like that right now there's still a few different takes he could have to be fun and interesting.

The final point I have is that while it feels more logical for the next ARMS character to be someone who fits the role as a protagonist better, mainly someone like Springman or Ribbon Girl, I'd like to argue against that for a minute. First, as we've heard plenty of times already, the creator of ARMS considers them all to be the protagonist. While that's a little bit of a cop out, Max is no less deserving than anyone else on the roster by the creator's own logic. And while yes, Spring Man, Ribbon Girl , or even Ninjara might be considered more popular, only maybe Ninjara would be different enough to warrant a fully unique spot on the roster most likely. And in general I think a heavy with range is a lot more interesting than a speed demon with range like Ninjara likely would be. Also, for a 2nd spot an antagonist/antagonist lean isn't a bad choice. Max would actually feel like a pretty surprising choice as well given that the 3 I mentioned above and probably Twintelle would all feel more likely if we got another ARMS rep. At the same time though, I can't imagine anyone outside of major fans of those 4 being disappointed given Max's spot in the lore.

Overall I think Max Brass would be a fantastic add to the roster. ARMS is still pretty fresh out of the womb as far as gaming goes, Max is an important character in the series, and he's also an extremely important character to the game's lore. He would be a surprise but in a welcome way that enhances the representation of a 1st party series already in the game. I can't see any negatives to adding Max and can see a ton of positives
Job #105

Hades

Why Hades?
1. Hades is the last missing piece of the KI: Uprising cast. We already have both our main protags in Pit and Palutena. The series would feel complete with the villain being included.

2. We need more villains. While SSBU has brought in a good amount of villains, I think it could still use a little work. Hades wouldn't be a generic villain though.

3. Hades isn't your stereotypical villain, he's ****ing hilarious. As cool as characters like Ganondorf and Sephiroth are, they are more of the pure evil type of villain. Hades is more of a cocky type of villain. He's so sure he can't be beaten that he just kinda does whatever the hell wants. For example, Hades is able to "hack" Pit and Palutena's coms. Instead of using it for anything useful(at least I don't remember him doing so), he just tells dumb jokes and trolls them. He wants to use the Lightning Chariot (Pit's Final Smash) to pick up godesses like it's a sports car. It's been a really long time since I've played Uprising, so there's probably more.
Oof, been pretty inactive on the thread for a while. Let's see what we're up to now...

You want a heavyweight, eh? Here's a super-duper fricking heavyweight

Job 105 - Kraid
View attachment 315475
Kraid was one of the three bosses of the original Metroid. While he was extremely difficult, he didn't truly cement himself until Super Metroid, where he was turned from some dude to a truly massive monster, taking up two entire screens. After that... Well, he didn't get much time to shine after that. He was planned for Metroid Prime, but he was unfortunately scrapped. His stage cameo in Smash is his only appearance in 3D.

Let's give him another shot, shall we? Now, I know what you're thinking - Too fricking big - But remember, they downsized Ridley to his original Metroid size. Kraid was also Samus' size back in the first game. In addition, there's a fake Kraid in Metroid and Super Metroid, considerably smaller than the real deal.
View attachment 315476

He's not really important to gaming or a popular request, but hey, he's a heavyweight and he fits the job description. Also, he's basically an alien Godzilla and that gives him a lot of bonus points in my book.

As mentioned above, Kraid would most definitely be a super heavyweight, sitting at a whopping 142 points. Even at his smallest, he's still the largest and heaviest fighter in Smash so far.
Job 105: Heavyweight Rep
View attachment 315503
Who I went with?
The Shake King (Wario Land)

Why him?
  1. He doesn't get enough love and is well... underrated and very irrelevant.
  2. He could bring more representation for Wario Land which has none in Smash.
  3. Plus, playing as a pirate Viking would be freaking epic!
What would his moveset be like?
I picture him being pretty heavy and able to do powerful attacks with brute strength, he would be the heaviest character with Bowser in second. Also, he can manipulate electricity, either to use hyper beams, shoot projectiles, and lightning bolts which would be pretty cool.
I don't plan on submitting, but I will be throwing my support for Edie and other submissions. With that out of the way:

Job 105
Emperor of Adrestia and the Future of Fódlan
Edelgard von Hresvelg

1. Three Houses
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is one of Nintendo's best selling games on the Nintendo Switch, with 2.87 million copies sold as of early 2021. This means that the game is the best selling of the entire Fire Emblem franchise. The success of this entry has improved the status of Fire Emblem as a series in Nintendo's repertoire, with it joining the ranks of Mario, Zelda, and Animal Crossing as one of the company's flagship titles. In fact, the heavy pushing of Fire Emblem as a series has led to Nintendo making moves such as including characters like Byleth in Super Smash Bros. and holding a crossover event with Tetris 99.

Fire Emblem is a series with an irregular cast and setting - the series is divided into different stories, with many disconnected from each other. For example, the Elibe series where Roy hails from is completely different from the Tellius saga starring Ike. That being said, Three Houses is in an isolated setting: Fódlan. The continent of Fódlan is home to three countries, all of whose values differ from each other. Each country is tied with its dedication to the Central Church at Garreg Mach Monastery. The prestigious of those three countries as well as neighboring regions are able to enroll the future generation at the Officer's Academy located in the Monastery.

The game starts with Byleth (whom I assume everyone is familiar with at this point) and their father rescuing a group of three students from a bandit attack. A series of coincidences leads the pair to Garreg Mach, where Byleth is tasked with instructing one of three classes. Each class, or house, is led by a different student each year, and coincidentally again, each of the three leaders this time around turn out to be the future leaders of each country. Edelgard leads the Black Eagle house, representative of students from the Adrestian Empire. Dimitri leads the Blue Lions of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus, and Claude Golden Deers of the Leicester Alliance. The choice of which house to teach diverges the game into 3 paths, all of which are different from each other in terms of story and values. Five years following an important event in the story, Byleth wakes to find the leader of the house they had chosen in the beginning. The seasons of warfare that erupt following the awakening of Byleth lead to heart wrenching story events, many of which feature the deaths of students and faculty alike.

2. Edelgard
Edelgard von Hresvelg is the heir to the Adrestian throne, a divine position that was created from a pact between Lady Seiros and the first emperor of Adrestia. She is the 9th and only living child of the current emperor, Ionius IX. The traumatic experiences that led to the deaths of her 10 other siblings is one of the major catalysts of her motivations and ideals. Due to the trauma she faced, her conviction towards completing her goals is extremely strong. She and her retainer, Hubert von Vestra, will do anything they can in order to complete these goals. In combat, Edelgard primarily wields an axe, though she is also capable of using dark magic and other weapons. Additionally, due to the versatile nature of the combat system of Three Houses, she is also capable of wielding other weapons as well. Edelgard is an anomaly in the games, as she is one of two students (the other being Lysithea of House Golden Deer) who possesses two crests. These crests provide her with extra strength during battle: the crest of Seiros and the crest of Flames both grant her with raw strength and the latter also has a chance of healing her if damage is dealt.

Upon first meeting Edelgard, Byleth and Sothis note that she is a "refined young woman... though she is always evaluating me." Her bond with Byleth grows extremely strong following they save her from a surprise attack that would've killed her. Throughout the first half of the game, Edelgard's attachment to the professor grows extremely strong, to the point where she asks them to accompany her to the capital of Adrestia, Enbarr, for an excursion.

Spoiler territory for Fire Emblem: Three Houses begins here. Spoils all routes.

White Clouds​
In truth, Edelgard's true identity is the Flame Emperor who manipulates several major story events of the first half. As a result of her strong attachment to Byleth, Edelgard attempts to sway the professor over to her side several times. If Byleth has obtained at least a C support with Edelgard, they are able to accompany her to Enbarr, where she takes the title of Emperor from her father. As Edelgard is crowned emperor, she is able to have more control over Imperial forces. This allows her to plan a surprise invasion of the Holy Tomb, where she is formally unmasked. Depending on the house that Byleth has chosen, this has severe consequences on the story.

Crimson Flower​
If the player chose to lead the Black Eagles house and sides with Edelgard, Byleth and their students quickly evacuate the tomb. Archbishop Rhea reveals her true form as the Immaculate One, an ancient dragon whose obsession with bringing her mother back to life drives her mad. Edelgard and Hubert lead the Black Eagles, as well as any students who have transferred over to the Black Eagles into a camp to reorganize. A war is formally declared between the Church of Seiros and the Adrestian Empire and both sides fight. During this fight, Byleth falls into a coma. During this coma, the Empire has made little progress due to a stalemate between the warring countries. Eventually, Byleth wakes up and rejoins Edelgard as well as the Black Eagle house, now reorganized into the (terribly named) Black Eagle Strike Force. With Byleth by their side, the Empire is able to defeat the Leicester Alliance and either kill or force Claude into exile. Thanks to their control over the strategic location of the Bridge of Myrddin, the Empire is soon able to make their advances on Faerghus. They take key locations in Arianrhod and kill Dimitri in the Tailtean plains. This is the point where Rhea drops her persona as Rhea and adopts her Lady Seiros persona, determined to kill Edelgard and Byleth. As the Empire's forces reach Fhirdiad, the capital of Faerghus and the hiding place of Seiros, Seiros calls for the city to be burnt despite civilians not yet evacuating in hopes of slowing the Imperial advance. This fails, with the Black Eagle Strike Force taking out the remainder of the Church and Kingdom's troops. The Immaculate One herself is then killed by a joint effort of both Byleth and Edelgard. The death of Rhea allows Byleth to finally live as a normal human and Edelgard to cement her rule over Fódlan. With her new position in power, she is able to enact reforms that decrease the power of nobility and crests and engage in warfare against Those Who Slither in the Dark.

Silver Snow and Verdant Wind​
If the player chose to lead the Black Eagles house and doesn't side with Edelgard, OR chooses to lead the Golden Deer house, Edelgard is fought at Gronder Field along with Dimitri's Kingdom forces. Byleth's group defeats both and Edelgard retreats to Enbarr. On the way, it is assumed that Dimitri is killed by Edelgard. To rescue Rhea from the empire, the army storms into the Imperial castle after killing Hubert. They kill Edelgard (with the help of Dimtri's retainer Dedue). Following her death, they receive a posthumous letter from Hubert, detailing the location of Shambhala, the base of Those Who Slither in the Dark.

Azure Moon​
If the player chose to lead the Blue Lions house, Byleth returns to war after their 5 year coma. The three houses once again fight each other at Gronder Field. Dimitri eventually meets up with Edelgard, having a talk about their goals for the future. However, they reach a conclusion that neither of them can have a future with the other still alive, so they fight it out. Hubert is once again defeated and the Imperial palace is stormed. Edelgard then uses her two crests to transform into a demonic beast, known as the Hegemon Husk. She is killed by Dimtri's Arheadbar, though not before attempting to kill Dimitri with the dagger he gave her. (Apologies, I have not played the Blue Lions route yet)

Here concludes spoilers for Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Thus, throughout the game, Edelgard's ambitions and personality create a morally gray persona. She is the leading factor in the change in balance of power in Fódlan and her methods to reach her goals can definitely earn her the title of villain if interpreted so. Due to her trauma at the hands of Those Who Slither in the Dark, it can be argued that Edelgard is a tragic villain.

3. Why Edelgard?
If added, Edelgard will be our 9th Fire Emblem newcomer. As such, it may lead you to ask: why Edelgard out of the rest of the series? First and foremost, Edelgard will represent something the series is lacking in representation: villains. Of the 8 already added, each character is a main character whose virtues are unswayed and are heroes by every definition of the word. Edelgard, however, is cold and calculating. While she may have good intentions, her methods are extremely unorthodox and cruel. She lies and manipulates in order to create the ideal situations. She makes alliances with terrorist organizations. Additionally, Edelgard will diverge from the rest of the cast by being the only one who will not use a sword. While she is capable of doing so, she is always depicted with her signature axe Aymr. Finally, while there are other heavy axe users in the Fire Emblem series, Edelgard in particular comes from the best selling entry in the series. While the game is already represented with Byleth, the importance of Three Houses to the series definitely warrants another character. Additionally, the growing importance of the Fire Emblem series will mean that the series will get more characters, whether the Smash fanbase likes it or not.

In terms of moveset, Edelgard has access to many techniques that other Fire Emblem characters have not touched yet. As mentioned before, she wields an Axe and is also capable of using Dark Magic. Her attacks would be extremely powerful, with heavy axe swings and blasts of magic. There is also the matter of her loyal vassal Hubert, who I imagine will have a role in her moveset in one way or another. Finally, as mentioned forever ago in my post for Seteth as an Assist Trophy, Smash has no battalion representation. Three Houses introduces a combat mechanic called gambits, which allow a character to lead a small combat formation consisting of soldiers, monks, etc. With her addition, it is possible to better represent Three Houses.

4. Addressing Problems
If you've been paying attention, you may have noticed that Edelgard's signature axe is Aymr - same as Byleth's down special. This isn't really a problem, as Edelgard doesn't need to use Aymr. If she absolutely has to have Aymr, the nature of the axe means that there is a possible story explanation as to why Edelgard and Byleth can use the same weapon in the same game.

If you are doubting how Edelgard, a 158cm girl can be a heavyweight character, please note that this girl wears large amounts of armor. She also carries around a large shield and axe, so the weight of the equipment already can lead to her being a heavyweight.

While I do believe adding Edelgard over the 2 other lords will eventually lead to fan wars, I believe that she is the most important of the three - it is through her manipulation that many of the story events happen. This isn't really a strong argument but it's the best I can think of for this.

5. Final Thoughts
Edelgard is a morally grey character, something that is lacking in the current Fire Emblem roster so far. Her actions in every route, even her own definitely condemn her to a tragic, if not a full on villain. Additionally, her choice of weapon, the axe Aymr, grants her a unique weapon from the rest of the Fire Emblem cast in Smash Bros. Fire Emblem: Three Houses is the best selling entry in the franchise and the growing importance of the franchise definitely warrants another character as an inclusion in Smash, and Edelgard's prominence in the story in all three routes leads her to being one of the best characters to add.
(I know I said I wouldn't be doing a manifesto for the next job but there was a longer break between fighters than I thought there would be and I couldn't help myself.)
View attachment 315470Job #105: DJ Octavio D-D-D-Drops the Sea Bass!!!View attachment 315471

Who is DJ Octavio?
A good video game protagonist is nothing without their respective villain. Mario has Bowser, Donkey Kong has King K. Rool, Link has Ganondorf, Samus has Ridley, Fox has Wolf, Cloud has Sephiroth, and the list goes on. DJ Octavio is the Yin to the Inkling's Yang, being the head honcho behind the events of both Splatoon, and Splatoon 2. In the first game he develops an army of Octarians to rise up against the Bourgeoisie Inklings, and steals their zapfish to bring electricity to his people. While Cap'n Cuttlefish and Agent 3 are able to squash his attempts at revolution, and imprison him inside a snowglobe, he manages to somehow escape before the events of Splatoon 2. Agent 4 and Marie then discover that DJ Octavio, Callie, and the Great Zapfish are missing once again in the events of Splatoon 2 and go on another campaign to find them. With the help of the power of the Calamari Inkantation, Marie is able to free Callie from the control of DJ Octavio and his hypnoshades, and he is defeated and imprisoned once again. While DJ Octavio may not have the most complex role in the first two splatoon games, pieces of lore are hidden around the Splatoon universe which hint at a deeper significance for Octavio. Sunken Scroll #16 in Splatoon 1 shows that not only were Cap'n Cuttlefish and Octavio counterparts of sorts, but that Octavio also had a human form, being one of two confirmed male octarians to have a human form. DJ Octavio's return in Splatoon 2 suggests that not only will his backstory be expanded on in future installments, but that DJ Octavio is here to stay, and become the Inkling's main nemesis.

Presence in Smash:
DJ Octavio is present as an advanced primary spirit in Smash, with an enhanceable form, Octobot King (the name of him in his mech) also present as an ace primary spirit. Nothing outstanding about it, but Sakurai is more than aware of him, giving him two different spirits. His Splatoon 1 boss battle theme is also present as a music track in Ultimate. However, his splatoon 2 boss theme is not, which is a real shame. It's one of my favorite themes in all of splatoon. The theme when his boss battle starts to turn in your favor in Splatoon 2 is also not present, which again is a massive shame. So while he definitely has presence in Ultimate, showing his significance, there's plenty more to add to justify his inclusion.

Furthermore, his octarian army is very lacking in the spirit department. The standard Octoling Grunt (different than the playable Boy and Girl) is the only one of his units present, so we could properly represent the Octarian side of splatoon with his inclusion, and the spirits that come alongside him.

Function in Smash as a Heavy Weight:
DJ octavio is his octopus form may not qualify for the class of heavyweight, but this is where one of his greatest strengths come in. Like in both Splatoon Boss Battles, DJ Octavio would fight from within his mech, giving him not only the weight required for this job, but uniqueness to set him apart from other heavy set fighters. DJ Octavio would have a weight of 125 placing him below King Dedede and Donkey Kong, but above Ganondorf. Obviously his mech would be quite heavy, but due to its nature of levitation it wouldn't be as heavy as possible. Most of the current super Heavies fight mainly with their fists/claws or standard weapons, like King Dedede, but DJ Octavio would fight in a very different manner, using his mech to throw missiles and bombs, send out spinning fists, potentially summon octarians, and other mech related activities. DJ Octavio however still has the ability to attack opponents himself, utilizing his wasabi sticks to spice up the battle, in potential attacks like Pummels, Tilts, and Aerials.

What's that? You don't think the Octobot King alone gives DJ Octavio enough unique attributes? Well, worry no more, as there's quite a simple solution at hand. Given DJ Octavio is the general of the Octarian army, it makes sense that he would be able to modify his mech in a smash appearance to incorporate attacks done by all the other bosses in the Splatoon series as well. Want bread attacks? The Octo Oven's got you covered. Need a unique recovery? The Octo Shower's got you covered. Want Spin attacks? The Rampaging Octowhirl's got you covered. Needless to say across every Octarian Boss found across both of Splatoon's campaign, DJ Octavio has more than enough moveset potential.

Potential Issues Addressed:

Do We Really Need another Splatoon character?

Splatoon is one of Nintendo's most valued recent IP's, and our selection of fighters should reflect that. While we've added an echo fighter from Splatoon in the form of Octoling, we still only have one fighter, one assist, and one stage from the series. DJ Octavio would be a villain from the series as well, setting him apart from Inkling and Octoling, and representing the enemy faction of the Splatoon series. Furthermore, Splatoon has even joined the ranks of Mario, Zelda, and Animal Crossing as an S tier Nintendo franchise, as shown by this promotional art for the official Nintendo Tokyo store. Splatoon is even maintaining a strong presence on the switch, with a full fledged sequel, Splatoon 3, announced in the last Nintendo Direct. The announcement was also the closer for the direct, which is an honor shared by other prestigious games such as BotW 2 and Smash fighter reveals. The Splatoon series as a whole has also already sold more than the Star Fox, Pikmin, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade Chronicles, and soon to pass the Metroid series, with Splatoon only having 2 games under its belt.

His Mech is too big!!!!

While I agree that if carried over directly from Splatoon his mech wouldn't make for the best fighter, it doesn't have to be transferred over one to one. As Shown with Ridley fighters can be shrunk down, and other fighters such as Dedede show that smash incarnations of characters are capable of having unique elements. DJ Octavio himself wouldn't even need to be shrunk down, only his mech, which can be explained as him making a new mech for Smash. Bowser Jr. Shows that Mech characters are possible, and pieces of fan art like this one show that DJ Octavio specifically can work in a mech as well.

Wouldn't He be to similar to Min Min?

While DJ Octavio's Mech does have extending spring Arms, not unlike the ones found in the ARMS universe, he wouldn't have to rely on these, or even use them for hardly any attacks at all. The Boss Battles and Mechanics found in the Splatoon universe provide more than enough potential for DJ Octavio to not have to be Min Min 2.0. I see his fists being used for a grab, and possibly one standard attack, and thats really all that would need to be present, since he has lots of other moveset potential to pull from. Furthermore, given that he would be operating with a new mech, it wouldn't beu nreasonable to nerf the distance that his mech's fist extended, making the comparison to Min Min almost null in the first place.

There aren't enough Ink Colors left to set him apart from Inkling and Octoling!

First of all, there most definitely are enough ink colors. Additionally, since DJ Octavio doesn't transform, presumably wouldn't have an ink meter, and wouldn't be representing the Turf War side of splatoon, he may not even need an ink mechanic as versatile as Inkling and Octoling have in the first place. It would be up to whoever designs the moveset to determine how much ink is involved in his moveset, but I don't see running out of ink colors as a limiting factor for Octavio's inclusion.

Final Arguments:
1. Splatoon is an extremely profitable and relevant IP
2. Splatoon only has one unique fighter compared to lesser selling series like Star Fox and Fire Emblem, which have 3 and 6 (soon to be 7) unique fighters respectively
3. DJ Octavio's mech would set him apart from other super heavyweights in terms of both play style and appearance
4. We've yet to have a newcomer villain (unless you count Waluigi), and Splatoon is possibly the biggest first party series left without an antagonist playable.
5. He's a dubstep using Octopus DJ (need I explain myself further?)

Cool Fanart:
View attachment 315504
Vote cool Octopus man
These are all submissions that fail to identify the weight stat of the character unless I am mistaken. Submitting what the weight stat will be helps in knowing where they lie on the weight class. I typically fill in the stats when working on the character page on the wikia.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
These are all submissions that fail to identify the weight stat of the character unless I am mistaken. Submitting what the weight stat will be helps in knowing where they lie on the weight class. I typically fill in the stats when working on the character page on the wikia.
Porky would be weight class 110, in-between Plant and Bowser Jr. I thought this made sense given Porky's mech is bigger than the Koopa Clown Car and it would be a good point given BJ is the only other mech riding character.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Edelgard's weight would be 108, as per chocolatejr's post and Octavio's is 125 in Keook's post

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The weight of Shake King would be 140 making him the heaviest after Bowser.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Hades' weight would be 118, the same as Ganondorf

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So here is the current timeline of the April Direct. Green is current content.
1. Pokémon Rep and associated content like Pokeball Pokemon and such
2. Items
3. Assist Trophies
4. Smash Dungeon content

5. Newcomer reveal
6. Stages
7. Wishing Star Adventure Mode
9. Boss Related content
8. Game Mode submissions
9. Additional content submissions
10. TOP SECRET
11. TOP SECRET

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Eh, I was on the fence about this, but it probably makes sense for this guy to be at least R.O.B.'s weight.

Job 105: Chibi-Robo
Chibi-Robo_(Chibi-Robo_Zip_Lash).png

Chibi-Robo is the protagonist of the Chibi-Robo series, obviously! He's four inches tall, but like Olimar, he'd be scaled up for Smash. Made by CitruSoft, Chibi-Robos are household robots designed to assist with household tasks, like cleaning and gardening.

We'd probably focus on the first and best-received game in the series, which focuses on a Chibi-Robo purchased by the Sanderson family. It's a quirky game where you run around picking up trash, cleaning out stains with a toothbrush, talking to living toys, and saving a family from getting torn apart by divorce. Yes, despite - or perhaps because of - its quirkiness, the original Chibi-Robo has a lot of memorable and hard-hitting moments.

When scaled up, Chibi-Robo probably would be pretty heavy. I mean, look at him. He's all metal. I'd put him at... 106, R.O.B.'s weight. R.O.B. has a larger frame but is made of plastic, so I think this checks out. In combat, he could use various gadgets, like the toothbrush, pipette, mug, and of course the Chibi-Copter and Chibi-Blaster. Most notable, however, is the plug - a big part of any Chibi-Robo game is keeping your energy up by plugging in when necessary. The plug also drags behind him, and can be picked up and used for some attacks. (Also, two of his taunts could be Yes and No signs, because that'd be great.)

Chibi-Robo represents a new series that hasn't gotten much from Smash beyond a Mii Costume. Which is really unfortunate, because people like Chibi-Robo! Despite the general lack of games, there's a real fanbase for this guy. With the future of the series uncertain, it'd be nice if we could at least immortalize him in Smash.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Im at work so i can't really check but id imagine he'd be a few points lighter than Bowser? Cant check that out or verify but thats my guess

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Soda Popinski is a heavyweight boxer in Punch-Out!!, the series he is from.

Last edited:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
I believe Venus is looking for an exact weight stat, in the range of around 140-110.
Yeah, I misread it. I thought he was saying that they weren’t actually heavyweights for some reason. Soda Popinski would probably be a 115, because he weighs 237 lbs.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you for your submissions everyone. The submission period will last for little over an hour so please keep that in mind. If you haven’t already, please let me know which weight class yours is by either posting it or adding into your editing post.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Thank you for your submissions everyone. The submission period will last for little over an hour so please keep that in mind. If you haven’t already, please let me know which weight class yours is by either posting it or adding into your editing post.
Wolf Link is the same weight as banjo kazooie if you didnt notice, about 106 (I consider heavy weights to be 100 and above)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
"a heavy weight disproportionate to [Jill's] small size, (just slightly below an ultraheavyweight, 110 about)"

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions are now closed. We had positive results on the Pre-Submission Discussion period so we will commence a Pre-Voting Discussion period for several hours before commencing. Please do not vote for any submissions, this is merely a discussion. Once I get around to it, I will compile the candidates unless someone else wants to.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Alright, to start off the discussion,

Do you care about relevancy/importance, or do you just go with whoever you think is cool?
The two characters I like the most here are Hades and Porky.

Hades definitely falls under "cool" (he is technically important to KI, but only appeared in one game and you could argue Medusa is more important in the broad strokes), while Porky, I feel is both--playing as his mech would be really neat, and he's arguably the most important and iconic non-protagonist character an an inaugural Smash franchise--plus, he was a boss in Brawl.

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman

Do you care about relevancy/importance, or do you just go with whoever you think is cool?
As long as Soda Popinski gets votes, I don’t care.

To be serious though, I just care about what’s cool.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Really shocked no one submitted King Boo, he was talked about a lot during the pre submission period so I thought someone would submit him. I guess maybe people want other Mario characters more or something?
To be fair a floating ghost, presumably without a physical body, might not strike a lot of people as really heavy

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I generally want to go with cool characters, but to a point. There are a few submissions (such as the Shake King and Soda Popinski) that I feel have no reason to be submitted other than to fill a Heavyweight quota. I also struggle to consider Hades a good inclusion, he's a neat character but Kid Icarus has done nothing since Uprising and we already added Medusa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom