• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
What would he even do? He'd just be a Plant echo /s
For his grab, he could wrap his chain around them and for a pummel, headbutt them.
For his fair, he could do a frontflip and slam a peg or block onto the opponent with his chain.
He could roll forward for a dash attack.
A forward smash could be his basic attack from the Mario games. Same for up smash. For down smash he could carousel himself around with his peg.
Maybe one of his specials could have him throw out Bow Wow from the Zelda series?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would prefer a super heavyweight, but thats really just a personal preference. A regular heavyweight could be fun too, but I think we should take this opportunity to put in a super heavyweight, since I think they have less of a chance under other prompts than a regular Heavyweight. That being said, I brainstormed a list of potential characters, not including Kirby or Pokemon characters.

King Bob-omb
King Hippo
Doc Louis
King Boo (Although he could be a heavy, I think he would be a lightweight akin to Sephiroth and Mewtwo)
Pig Ganon
DJ Octavio
Funky Kong (may work better as an echo)
Black Shadow
Porky
Black Knight
Hector
Hades (Kid Icarus)
Bulborb
Plasm Wraith
Andross
Fawful
Max Brass
Devil (Devil World)
Doshin the Giant
Shake King (Wario)
Wart
Wolf Link & Midna
Officer Howard
Mach Rider
Excite Biker
Edelgard
Kraid
Sylux
Samurai Goroh
Honorable Mention to Poochy, who got assisted.

not sure if all of these would work, but I threw them on the list anyway to spark discussion. My personal favorite is DJ Octavio, since I think he would have a really unique moveset, as well as Splatoon music being fire.
Bulborb is a Smash Dungeon mini-boss so technically ineligible.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I always seen Doc Louise be thrown around and I still can’t fathom how he would work moveset wise. I’ve always been Team King Hippo or Team Mr Sandman personally.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
For his grab, he could wrap his chain around them and for a pummel, headbutt them.
For his fair, he could do a frontflip and slam a peg or block onto the opponent with his chain.
He could roll forward for a dash attack.
A forward smash could be his basic attack from the Mario games. Same for up smash. For down smash he could carousel himself around with his peg.
Maybe one of his specials could have him throw out Bow Wow from the Zelda series?
Just so you know I was joking, I'd love Chomp as a Plant echo.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
There is a quite a but of ideas for heavy weights so here is list of few of my favourite ideas for Heavyweights

Fawful
Dark Bowser (would work as a Bowser Echo)
Funky Kong (would work as a Donkey Kong Echo)
Lord Fredrick (would work as a King K.Rool Echo)
Ganon
Sylux
Lugia
Porky
Black Knight (would work as an Ike Echo)
King Hippo
That is all I got for now
While I’d would include Midbus, Crocomire, Golurk, Tyrantrum and Mudsdale, I already came up spirit battles for them.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I always seen Doc Louise be thrown around and I still can’t fathom how he would work moveset wise. I’ve always been Team King Hippo or Team Mr Sandman personally.
I actually came up with some ideas in a much earlier submission here.
Character 1
The man, the myth, the legend! The ex-heavyweight boxing champion! The coach with a chocolate bar obsession! It's...

Doc Louis!
Hailing from the Punch Out! series, Doc is an ex-heavyweight boxer who now coaches a young upstart name Little Mac. He has a love for the sport, a love for chocolate, and he wants to help Mac be the greatest he can be.
While Mac eventually got invited to the greatest fight of his career-a Smash for the ages-Doc could only cheer and help from the sidelines. While he loves to coach, Doc feels the need to sharpen his boxing skills. So it's about time he jumps into the ring.

A sharp contrast to his speedy, lightweight, small-hurtbox student, Doc Louis would be a slow superheavy fighter who won't get knocked around that easily. This is heightened by his neutral B, which lets him down a chocolate bar, healing him a small amount and making him slightly heavier. After eating the bar, he'll keep the crumpled up wrapper in his hand, which he can then throw to do a small amount of damage. If your opponent manages to hit you before you can consume the cocoa goodness, Doc will get angry, and his power and speed will increase, making this also a counter-move of sorts. He can only eat two per stock though, so you must use them wisely. He's going to be a character who needs to observe his opponent and approach accordingly-running in without a plan won't do wonders for Doc. Instead you should use whatever you can, including your chocolate bar wrappers, to make your opponent approach you, and then punish their weak points and habits. His recovery is also an improvement over Mac's-while he has a similar side B, his up B has him bounce off of the rails of a boxing ring. His normals would reference his attacks from Doc Louis' Punch Out!!, and a few of them would be variations of Mac's attacks.

Why should he be in Smash? Well, Doc is possibly the most iconic character from Punch Out! apart from the main protagonist. He's a really cool character that would be a perfect fit for Smash Bros. He's not neccesarily a highly requested character, but he would be great for a second Punch Out! rep if nothing else. Finally, he would add another heavyweight to the roster, which he haven't had since Ultimate's base roster.
Basically he'd be an Isabelle to Mac's Villager-but if Isabelle was a super heavyweight and had a gimmick unique to her.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just to let everyone know that we will be stopping the discussion period within the hour or so. We will then proceed with submissions. We will let the thread know the circumstances regarding submissions then.

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
I'm trying to think of good first-party heavweights, but not a lot of characters are springing to mind. The first thing that comes to mind is pig Ganon, but I think it would be strange to include a new Ganon when we're already changing Ganondorf so heavily (including giving him moves from pig Ganon).

People have already brought up Porky. I guess on the subject of an additional Earthbound character, I could bring up Giygas in his Mother 1 form. It'd be a bit of an odd situation prioritywise, but Giygas is iconic enough to get a spot, I reckon.

Uh, Chibi-Robo, maybe? Would he be a heavyweight? It feels a little like I'm cramming my most wanted square peg into a round hole. Hm...

cashregister9

Smash Hero
When submissions are open. Are we allowed to submit characters that could potentially change their weight mid match?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
When submissions are open. Are we allowed to submit characters that could potentially change their weight mid match?
We would be looking for more traditional heavyweights for this submission...traditionally in a looser sense of course but still more heavyweight or not. What do you have in mind?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
We would be looking for more traditional heavyweights for this submission...traditionally in a looser sense of course but still more heavyweight or not. What do you have in mind?
I was thinking of someone like Euden or Tiki, where they start as a medium weight character and then can morph into a super heavyweight with a different moveset.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Another heavyweight rep? I would go with The Shake King from Wario Land because I think characters who don't have much support would be nice to see as fighters.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Off topic, but I actually think this pre-discussion thing worked really well. Not only does it let people discuss and debate, it also lets people to prepare writeups for character so they don't have to worry about someone else submitting them and gettin the credit despite not having anything in their post.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #105: Heavyweight Newcomer Submission

Please submit a character that lies within the heavyweight class. This can be either on the lighter end of the heavyweight class to the super heavyweight. While the general consensus what constitutes as a heavyweight can be debated, it generally lies around this area:

34ACD5CB-D2DE-4F2D-89D4-F04429412A78.jpeg

When submitting, please indicate your character and what franchise they are from. As always, please also explain why this character deserves to get a coveted spot on our Infinite roster. For this job though, please also provide the following information:

1) Is the character a heavyweight, super heavyweight.
2) The character’s weight stat. Please view this page to get an idea of weight stats or, just look at the image above

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
JILL & DRILL DOZER STEAL THE SHOW!

Who are Jill & Drill Dozer?
Jill (NOT “Jill Dozer”, her last name has never been confirmed in the West, though she does have one in Japan, where she is known as "Dori Kururi") is the protagonist of the 2005 puzzle-action-platformer Drill Dozer, made by Game Freak and published by Nintendo. The daughter of a righteous crime boss, Jill was raised in the art of thievery, piloting a powerful Drill Dozer tank long before she could even read or write. Before her mother’s untimely death, she gave Jill a powerful red diamond that can grant any wish, trusting her not to abuse its power and protect it from anyone who may want to - so when the not-so-righteous Skulker gang break in, incapacitate Jill’s dad, and steal the diamond, it’s up to the little rascal to get it back, and on the way discover the conspiracy behind why the police always target the Red Dozers and not the Skulkers. It's because the Skulkers are paying them

What would Jill & Drill Dozer do?
We don’t yet have a fully drill-based fighter. Jill would likely have a hitstun-heavy moveset, powerful attacks, slow movement, a heavy weight disproportionate to her small size, (just slightly below an ultraheavyweight, 110 about) and poor air mobility but great air attacks. Jill admittedly doesn’t have many unique maneuvers with her drill, but she does have a propeller that lets her drill in the air, can shift up gears by timing the drill button (which could play into her overall playstyle) and when all else fails a mighty punch. We could probably composite some level elements from Drill Dozer into her moveset - such as Jelly Blocks which she can bounce backwards off of, or lifts she sticks her drill into and can be carried by. A lot of people may think of Jill as a “Bowser Jr. clone”, but beyond being obnoxious children piloting robots and Jr. having one or two drill moves there’s no real resemblance. Speaking of Bowser Jr, we could possibly have Gearmo and Grutch as alternate characters as their proportions fit.

Why should Jill & Drill Dozer be in Smash?​
  • Jill would be a representative for Game Freak’s non-Pokémon games. Jill’s inclusion in Smash could be a big break for them and allow them to build interest for their pocket monster-free titles.​
  • Jill is a non-sexualised female character, being a cartoony child piloting a mech suit that covers her entire body. After the backlash, drama, and concern over Pyra and Mythra’s sexualised designs, we should probably try to emphasise less provocative female heroes - booba fans would probably get their fun from a Detective Carrie stage cameo anyway.​
  • Drill Dozer, while not known to many, is often considered one the best games (if not THE best original platformer) the GBA has to offer, as well as one of Game Freak's best titles outside of the Pokémon series.​
  • Jill would serve as a representative for the mid 2000s, a retro era that’s already become nostalgic to many. Her design resembles Western cartoons of the time such as The Proud Family and The Powerpuff Girls so we could take advantage of the recent nostalgia boom between animation fans for the “thick line”/UPA art style, even from those not familiar with the Red Dozer boss. (possibly with a 2D animated trailer?)​
  • Including Jill would encourage fans who may not have played Drill Dozer to seek it out, and thus they may find a new favourite title, while introducing Jill would reward and validate die-hard Nintendo and Game Freak fans for going into the obscure back catalogue of years gone by.​
  • Jill has a fandom, as small as it is, and it tends to be pretty passionate about the neon-haired juvie. Jill would be an unexpected, quirky newcomer, but also one with an existing fanbase and therefore not as likely to cause controversy or confusion as previous unexpected retros.​
  • Jill appeared as an Assist Trophy in Brawl and Spirit in Ultimate, so there's likely at least a passing familiarity for her to most casual Smash fans.​
  • The Game Boy line of consoles has been seriously lacking when it comes to Smash representation, with the only character in Smash you could really consider exclusively associated with it being Lucas.​

Last edited:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Also, if we want a true grappler, what about a pro Wrestling’s Fightet Hayabusa? Not exactly iconic but, hey, it fits.

Fun fact: That render is an edit of The Rock’s render from WWE All Stars! Don’t believe me? Here’s proof! (I had to use this low-quality version, because the regular version was too large).
6DDB9955-9E39-4685-A369-D42D8E300DE1.png

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Soda Popinski outdrinks the competition!
B7EA1ADA-36ED-409A-B3F5-C6888834BC24.png

Soda Popinski (Japanese: ソーダ・ポピンスキー Sōda Popinsukī, Russian: Сода Попинский), originally known as Vodka Drunkenski (Japanese: ウォッカ・ドランケンスキー Wokka Dorankensukī, Russian: Водка Дрункенский), made his first appearance in the arcade as the "Champion of the USSR" in the 1985 game Super Punch-Out!!. As his name suggests, he drinks soda on a regular basis (alcohol in his original "Super Punch-Out!!" appearance) in between bouts of incessant laughter. The theme music played for Soda Popinski is a quote from The Volga Boatmen's Song, a Russian folk song.

Soda Popinski appeared as Vodka Drunkenski in Super Punch-Out!! as the third opponent. He is fought very similarly to Super Macho Man, except that his speed and reflexes are higher (at the expense of lower attacking power) and utilized a special punching move called 'Drunken Punch'. He also uses hooks against the player very often but rarely uses uppercuts. He's a lot tougher than the two previous opponents and has really high defense but he rarely blocks the player's punches. He'll use a lot of attacks which are hard to avoid and that makes him one of the hardest opponents in the game.

Soda Popinski returned in Punch-Out!! for the Wii and has been promoted to the #3 contender of the World Circuit, right before Bald Bull. In his bio, he is shown to train by carrying large boxes of soda up a snowy mountain, presumably to his private training gym, and to be constantly drinking soda while training. He is voiced by Ukrainian voice actor Ihor Mota, who speaks legitimate Russian in the game. He is the only character in the game to have an effective use of the between-rounds taunts. A cutscene shows that Soda regains health by drinking a bit of his bottle. The faster you skip the cutscene, the less health he'll recover.

A chance for you to get a Star Punch from him is where he takes out a soda to try and drink it. If you knock it away, it earns a Star Punch, but at the expense of Soda having to use his Soda Fury (Uppercut combo) technique. Soda will also use the Soda Fury when he gets hit by a Star Punch (that doesn't result in a knockdown) or if he has to get up from a knockdown drinking a drop of soda he keeps handy at all times. However, when he gets knocked down five times, the soda is completely dry, causing him to be KO'd. Regardless, Soda will be defeated after getting knocked down a total of five times.. In his other KO animation he will struggle to grasp his bottle as it rolls out of the ring, which is triggered if defeated with jabs while stunned, a star-punch that results in his fifth knock-down or by TKO.

After two knockdowns, he changes his hook to a side-stepping hook (identified by when he moves left). Little Mac will get hurt if he tries to dodge both of Soda's hooks (both the standing and the side-stepping hook) in the wrong direction. Popinski is presumably immune to hooks because he only allows one hook in a stun combo. If you lose to him, he will shake his fizzy soda causing it to spray everywhere and celebrate with a Russian Cossack dance.

His appearance has changed throughout games, so he could have some cool alts. Also, his title defense mode costume from Punch-Out Wii would be a nice alt.
D098424E-7E8E-4DA6-B5C1-AF58BEEE9361.jpeg

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Job 105: Guardian (Breath of the Wild)
Guardian.png

The Guardian is a machine that debuted in Breath of the Wild. These massive, octopus-esque machines were key to stopping Calamity Ganon 10,000 years before the events of Breath of the Wild. What a shame it would be if they ended up in his hands when he returned... what a shame it was, I mean. Nigh-indestructible and capable of firing lasers that can reduce a fully-armored soldier to ashes, it's a small miracle there was any Hyrule left for Link to save. I genuinely think these things are one of the best choices for a BoTW rep, as they and the ancient technology they represent are one of the key elements of BoTW. It wouldn't disconfirm another Zelda character any more than Rosalina disconfirmed Bowser Jr.

these things would need to be scaled down, but they would still be very large. Thy would weigh anywhere from 133 (on par with K. Rool) to 137 (greater than Bowser, the current heavyweight champion.). When you first come across a guardian in BoTW, it’s horrifiyng. You can’t touch it, but it can pretty easily kill you. You die, and you run off in fear. But eventually, you learn you can parry the beams, or you get ancient arrows capable of a one shot kill. A formerly scary foe is reduced to a relatively trivial obstacle. The Guardian in Smash is similar to this. as it has Bowser’s Tough Guy effect , letting it walk right through weak attacks. This effect is amplified, being able to even walk through even most tilts (as long as it doesn’t connect with the head, which will make it flinch and take 1.15x damage). Defeating a Guardian player requires a strategy, you can’t go and press buttons blindly and expect to come out on top. If you have the strategy, you have a much easier time.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
JILL & DRILL DOZER STEAL THE SHOW!

Who are Jill & Drill Dozer?
Jill (NOT “Jill Dozer”, her last name has never been confirmed in the West, though she does have one in Japan, where she is known as "Dori Kururi") is the protagonist of the 2005 puzzle-action-platformer Drill Dozer, made by Game Freak and published by Nintendo. The daughter of a righteous crime boss, Jill was raised in the art of thievery, piloting a powerful Drill Dozer tank long before she could even read or write. Before her mother’s untimely death, she gave Jill a powerful red diamond that can grant any wish, trusting her not to abuse its power and protect it from anyone who may want to - so when the not-so-righteous Skulker gang break in, incapacitate Jill’s dad, and steal the diamond, it’s up to the little rascal to get it back, and on the way discover the conspiracy behind why the police always target the Red Dozers and not the Skulkers. It's because the Skulkers are paying them

What would Jill & Drill Dozer do?
We don’t yet have a fully drill-based fighter. Jill would likely have a hitstun-heavy moveset, powerful attacks, slow movement, a heavy weight disproportionate to her small size, (just slightly below an ultraheavyweight, 110 about) and poor air mobility but great air attacks. Jill admittedly doesn’t have many unique maneuvers with her drill, but she does have a propeller that lets her drill in the air, can shift up gears by timing the drill button (which could play into her overall playstyle) and when all else fails a mighty punch. We could probably composite some level elements from Drill Dozer into her moveset - such as Jelly Blocks which she can bounce backwards off of, or lifts she sticks her drill into and can be carried by. A lot of people may think of Jill as a “Bowser Jr. clone”, but beyond being obnoxious children piloting robots and Jr. having one or two drill moves there’s no real resemblance. Speaking of Bowser Jr, we could possibly have Gearmo and Grutch as alternate characters as their proportions fit.

Why should Jill & Drill Dozer be in Smash?​
  • Jill would be a representative for Game Freak’s non-Pokémon games. Jill’s inclusion in Smash could be a big break for them and allow them to build interest for their pocket monster-free titles.​
  • Jill is a non-sexualised female character, being a cartoony child piloting a mech suit that covers her entire body. After the backlash, drama, and concern over Pyra and Mythra’s sexualised designs, we should probably try to emphasise less provocative female heroes - booba fans would probably get their fun from a Detective Carrie stage cameo anyway.​
  • Drill Dozer, while not known to many, is often considered one the best games (if not THE best original platformer) the GBA has to offer, as well as one of Game Freak's best titles outside of the Pokémon series.​
  • Jill would serve as a representative for the mid 2000s, a retro era that’s already become nostalgic to many. Her design resembles Western cartoons of the time such as The Proud Family and The Powerpuff Girls so we could take advantage of the recent nostalgia boom between animation fans for the “thick line”/UPA art style, even from those not familiar with the Red Dozer boss. (possibly with a 2D animated trailer?)​
  • Including Jill would encourage fans who may not have played Drill Dozer to seek it out, and thus they may find a new favourite title, while introducing Jill would reward and validate die-hard Nintendo and Game Freak fans for going into the obscure back catalogue of years gone by.​
  • Jill has a fandom, as small as it is, and it tends to be pretty passionate about the neon-haired juvie. Jill would be an unexpected, quirky newcomer, but also one with an existing fanbase and therefore not as likely to cause controversy or confusion as previous unexpected retros.​
  • Jill appeared as an Assist Trophy in Brawl and Spirit in Ultimate, so there's likely at least a passing familiarity for her to most casual Smash fans.​
  • The Game Boy line of consoles has been seriously lacking when it comes to Smash representation, with the only character in Smash you could really consider exclusively associated with it being Lucas.​
If this character gets nommed, we're gonna have two Jills playable that were both introduced in the same game. That's way too many!

Ah, jokes aside, I wonder what the best way to differentiate her and Jill Valentine is in terms of name. We don't generally get surnames on the CSS (we just have Simon and Richter), and "Jill & Drill Dozer" is a little odd; so if only one was added, either one would just be "Jill", I think. But with both of them, I'm not quite sure how to proceed with it.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Job 81: Porky Means Business

View attachment 309238

It's King P himself from the Mother/EarthBound series. EarthBound hasn't received a game since 2006 and that was the infamous Mother 3 which was never localized outside of Japan. Since then, Mother 1 had been localized elsewhere as EarthBound: Beginnings but merely because there was a translation that they made years ago before determining the game was not worth selling. However, Mother 3's state remains quite in limbo and the series overall has remained dormant as a solid trilogy with no sequels or remakes in sight. Could Porky in Smash revitalize interest to revive the beautiful series?

Porky's big gameplay schtick is that he'd primarily reside in his mech. He has two games to pull from as well as his boss fight in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I'd imagine he'd have a lot of armour around the bottom of his mech, similar to Bowser Jr. And let's not forget his childish personality that's so punchable you gotta love him.
Job 105: Porky Minch

Reposting this bad boy. However I will probably make a support case for King Boo if someone submits him too.

6ceba07670826892ec294834083a1467.png

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If this character gets nommed, we're gonna have two Jills playable that were both introduced in the same game. That's way too many!

Ah, jokes aside, I wonder what the best way to differentiate her and Jill Valentine is in terms of name. We don't generally get surnames on the CSS (we just have Simon and Richter), and "Jill & Drill Dozer" is a little odd; so if only one was added, either one would just be "Jill", I think. But with both of them, I'm not quite sure how to proceed with it.
Giving the Drill Dozer equal credit to Jill isn't too strange as there is a portion of the game where you play as it alone, it certainly doesn't roll off the tongue though - then again, nor do "Rosalina & Luma" or "Pikmin & Olimar".

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I'd just do "Jill Valentine" and "Jill", because the former has the more recognizable name. And then make Leon "Leon Kennedy" for consistency.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Job 105: Lugia takes the battles to the skies

1621207704009.png

Arriving from Pokémon: Gold/ Silver/Crystal, Lugia dives right into the battle. Lugia is a Legendary Pokémon from the Johto region and this Pokémon’s would make a great addition to Smash Bros.

I know what you are going to say, but is Lugia too big for Smash? To be fair, Pokémon sizes are not consistent with one another. I have played Pokémon Shield and even the largest Pokémon like Wailord are quite small compared to their stats. Heck The Wailord that appears in the Isle of Armor is bigger the Wailord the player has. Same thing applies to Lugia who appears to be seven to eight fee to tall in the game. Also Ridley is in the game, so Lugia would be more likely then before.

Anyways, Lugia would be classified as a Super Heavyweight and the weight of 127, making Lugia heavier the Incineroar and Charizard.

Now for the reasons why Lugia should appear in Smash.

1. It’s been way to long since we had a playable Legendary Pokémon in the game (Mythical not counting), so Lugia would change that rule.
2. Lugia is part flying type and we more flying characters in Smash. Lugia can use Wind Gusts and Areoblast in it’s Attacks
3. Lugia would also preform dragon type moves like dragon Rush, allowing more Pokémon types being used in a fight.
4. Lugia has some resemblance of a bird and more solo bird fighters would be interesting.
5. Lugia would also represent the Gameboy Color, so that gaming device would get more representation.
6. And finally, Lugia has been a Pokéball Pokémon since Melee and I think it’s time for Lugia to shine.

Overall, Lugia would be my choice for the heavyweight fighter.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 105:

Max Brass

Who is Max Brass?
Max Brass is commissioner of the ARMS fighting league and considered the greatest champion in it's history. An important character in ARMS lore and rumors of a small push coming in the way of the series, it would make a ton of sense for Arms to get another character.

Why Max Brass?
Starting with the reason I already mentioned above, Max is a very important character in ARMS lore. Max Brass having the legacy he does in ARMS lore alone feels like a reason to consider him a spot. He's also one of the final boss options from the Grand Prix mode in the game along with Dr Coyle, making him at the bare minimum a possible antagonist for the player. While technically not a villain, we could use characters who at least can lean that way on the roster.

Touching on a point that I made above once again, ARMS currently has only one playable fighter, with that being Min Min. The series doesn't necessarily need a 2nd rep but with it still being one of the newer 1st party universes out there for Nintendo, which was also given a pretty big role out with it being one of the first games out on the Switch, it makes sense to continue to push it with a 2nd fighter from the series. While a lot of the other characters from ARMS would play fairly similarly to her.

For the final time, I'll touch on a previous point I made. Min Min is currently our only ARMS rep in the game right now. It feels like the majority of the roster wouldn't work as a fully unique fighter, instead being better fits as semi clones or echos. Max Brass however would work perfectly in a unique fighter role. Max wouldn't work as a echo since he's so much bigger. He may occupy the same switching arms mechanic but his realistically could be different. All 3 of his default arms are different than Min Mins. Without getting too crazy into building a moveset for him, Max's 3 default gloves(the Nade, Roaster, and Kablammer) all could be made to have different effects like Min Min has. Where he'd stand out the most though is his weight, obviously. Not only would him being heavier and more powerful than Min Min make him different, being a heavy with range is a role only occupied by King K Rool right now. And with only 1 fighting being like that right now there's still a few different takes he could have to be fun and interesting.

The final point I have is that while it feels more logical for the next ARMS character to be someone who fits the role as a protagonist better, mainly someone like Springman or Ribbon Girl, I'd like to argue against that for a minute. First, as we've heard plenty of times already, the creator of ARMS considers them all to be the protagonist. While that's a little bit of a cop out, Max is no less deserving than anyone else on the roster by the creator's own logic. And while yes, Spring Man, Ribbon Girl , or even Ninjara might be considered more popular, only maybe Ninjara would be different enough to warrant a fully unique spot on the roster most likely. And in general I think a heavy with range is a lot more interesting than a speed demon with range like Ninjara likely would be. Also, for a 2nd spot an antagonist/antagonist lean isn't a bad choice. Max would actually feel like a pretty surprising choice as well given that the 3 I mentioned above and probably Twintelle would all feel more likely if we got another ARMS rep. At the same time though, I can't imagine anyone outside of major fans of those 4 being disappointed given Max's spot in the lore.

Overall I think Max Brass would be a fantastic add to the roster. ARMS is still pretty fresh out of the womb as far as gaming goes, Max is an important character in the series, and he's also an extremely important character to the game's lore. He would be a surprise but in a welcome way that enhances the representation of a 1st party series already in the game. I can't see any negatives to adding Max and can see a ton of positives

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Job 105:

Max Brass

Who is Max Brass?
Max Brass is commissioner of the ARMS fighting league and considered the greatest champion in it's history. An important character in ARMS lore and rumors of a small push coming in the way of the series, it would make a ton of sense for Arms to get another character.

Why Max Brass?
Starting with the reason I already mentioned above, Max is a very important character in ARMS lore. Max Brass having the legacy he does in ARMS lore alone feels like a reason to consider him a spot. He's also one of the final boss options from the Grand Prix mode in the game along with Dr Coyle, making him at the bare minimum a possible antagonist for the player. While technically not a villain, we could use characters who at least can lean that way on the roster.

Touching on a point that I made above once again, ARMS currently has only one playable fighter, with that being Min Min. The series doesn't necessarily need a 2nd rep but with it still being one of the newer 1st party universes out there for Nintendo, which was also given a pretty big role out with it being one of the first games out on the Switch, it makes sense to continue to push it with a 2nd fighter from the series. While a lot of the other characters from ARMS would play fairly similarly to her.

For the final time, I'll touch on a previous point I made. Min Min is currently our only ARMS rep in the game right now. It feels like the majority of the roster wouldn't work as a fully unique fighter, instead being better fits as semi clones or echos. Max Brass however would work perfectly in a unique fighter role. Max wouldn't work as a echo since he's so much bigger. He may occupy the same switching arms mechanic but his realistically could be different. All 3 of his default arms are different than Min Mins. Without getting too crazy into building a moveset for him, Max's 3 default gloves(the Nade, Roaster, and Kablammer) all could be made to have different effects like Min Min has. Where he'd stand out the most though is his weight, obviously. Not only would him being heavier and more powerful than Min Min make him different, being a heavy with range is a role only occupied by King K Rool right now. And with only 1 fighting being like that right now there's still a few different takes he could have to be fun and interesting.

The final point I have is that while it feels more logical for the next ARMS character to be someone who fits the role as a protagonist better, mainly someone like Springman or Ribbon Girl, I'd like to argue against that for a minute. First, as we've heard plenty of times already, the creator of ARMS considers them all to be the protagonist. While that's a little bit of a cop out, Max is no less deserving than anyone else on the roster by the creator's own logic. And while yes, Spring Man, Ribbon Girl , or even Ninjara might be considered more popular, only maybe Ninjara would be different enough to warrant a fully unique spot on the roster most likely. And in general I think a heavy with range is a lot more interesting than a speed demon with range like Ninjara likely would be. Also, for a 2nd spot an antagonist/antagonist lean isn't a bad choice. Max would actually feel like a pretty surprising choice as well given that the 3 I mentioned above and probably Twintelle would all feel more likely if we got another ARMS rep. At the same time though, I can't imagine anyone outside of major fans of those 4 being disappointed given Max's spot in the lore.

Overall I think Max Brass would be a fantastic add to the roster. ARMS is still pretty fresh out of the womb as far as gaming goes, Max is an important character in the series, and he's also an extremely important character to the game's lore. He would be a surprise but in a welcome way that enhances the representation of a 1st party series already in the game. I can't see any negatives to adding Max and can see a ton of positives
Hell yeah! Ultimate is a dissapointing display, and Max Brass would give it some pizazz!

this is an inside joke only two users will get, but it's worth it

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 105

Tiki (Fire Emblem)

Tiki is a semi-recurring character in Fire Emblem. She is a Manakete, which means she can turn into a Dragon.

Her weight would be 106 which puts her with Banjo and Snake. And depending on how the move set goes, she could change her weight to be 130 which makes her slightly lighter than K. Rool.

Fire Emblem is inevitable, And Making it a character who appears in many crossovers, and has already been in Smash as an assist could be fun.

Last edited:

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Job #105

Hades

Why Hades?
1. Hades is the last missing piece of the KI: Uprising cast. We already have both our main protags in Pit and Palutena. The series would feel complete with the villain being included.

2. We need more villains. While SSBU has brought in a good amount of villains, I think it could still use a little work. Hades wouldn't be a generic villain though.

3. Hades isn't your stereotypical villain, he's ****ing hilarious. As cool as characters like Ganondorf and Sephiroth are, they are more of the pure evil type of villain. Hades is more of a cocky type of villain. He's so sure he can't be beaten that he just kinda does whatever the hell wants. For example, Hades is able to "hack" Pit and Palutena's coms. Instead of using it for anything useful(at least I don't remember him doing so), he just tells dumb jokes and trolls them. He wants to use the Lightning Chariot (Pit's Final Smash) to pick up godesses like it's a sports car. It's been a really long time since I've played Uprising, so there's probably more.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

Wolf Link (Zelda)
Aa one of the most popular incarnations of hero of time, and bringing a more animalistic creature to the table, Wolf Link would be a great choice for a newcomer

He would be 106 the same as Banjo and Kazooie and he would use a combination of wolf brutality and Midna's dark abilities, we can even borrow element from Sif the Wolf and have him get a sword between his jaws

Being the representation of the darker zelda games and being another duel fighter with loads of abilities to use Wolf Link would be a good pick for the newest heavyweight newcomer.

Plus who dosnt want to play as a magic blasting wolf with a sword between his jaws who also has the powers of a dark imp creature who is one of the most beloved characters in the franchise.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Had to dig a bit, but here's my old Edelgard submission:

I'm probably gonna get some flack for this, but here goes:

Character 1
Edelgard von Hresvelg
View attachment 298495

Now before you mention it, yes, she is "aNotHur Fiy Emblerm rep", but HEAR ME OUT. Edelgard's signature weapon is not a sword, but rather, an axe. For those not paying attention, axes are a bit underutilised in Smash. This would make her a slow yet powerful character to play as. Think Byleth, except the only weapon they can use is the axe.

As for why Edelgard? Well, like it or not, Fire Emblem is considered one of Nintendo's main franchises, with Three Houses being a massive success. With it, Edelgard has quickly become one of the most popular characters in the series, due to her complex nature and motives. I feel like if Three Houses were to get a second rep, it should be her.
As for the required questions:

1. Edelgard would be a normal heavyweight.
2. Edelgard would be about 108, based on the image.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Oof, been pretty inactive on the thread for a while. Let's see what we're up to now...

You want a heavyweight, eh? Here's a super-duper fricking heavyweight

Job 105 - Kraid
1621213354727.png

Kraid was one of the three bosses of the original Metroid. While he was extremely difficult, he didn't truly cement himself until Super Metroid, where he was turned from some dude to a truly massive monster, taking up two entire screens. After that... Well, he didn't get much time to shine after that. He was planned for Metroid Prime, but he was unfortunately scrapped. His stage cameo in Smash is his only appearance in 3D.

Let's give him another shot, shall we? Now, I know what you're thinking - Too fricking big - But remember, they downsized Ridley to his original Metroid size. Kraid was also Samus' size back in the first game. In addition, there's a fake Kraid in Metroid and Super Metroid, considerably smaller than the real deal.
1621213713189.png

He's not really important to gaming or a popular request, but hey, he's a heavyweight and he fits the job description. Also, he's basically an alien Godzilla and that gives him a lot of bonus points in my book.

As mentioned above, Kraid would most definitely be a super heavyweight, sitting at a whopping 142 points. Even at his smallest, he's still the largest and heaviest fighter in Smash so far.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Name: Mach Rider
Franchise: Mach Rider
Weight: 130

Unlike most heavyweights and related weight classes, the Mach Rider is an extremely mobile heavyweight in the same vein as Bowser Jr. The Rider is capable of zipping around the battlefield far faster than others in its weight class. Thanks to the weight of the bike, the fighter can weather through attacks thanks to protective superarmor. The only downside is that despite their impressive speed, it takes a while to get revved up to build up speed which in turns effects damage output. This is just one of the basic ideas behind the charqcter but in order to include the Mach Rider as a super heavyweight, they must be on their bike at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom