• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Anyways, time for my submission.
New Echo: Pneuma (Xenoblade 2) (80/81e)
File:SSBU spirit Pneuma.png

The True form of the Aegis joins the battle! Unlike her components, she doesn't swap forms, making her more consistent. There are a few ways you could go about implementing her. She could be statistically inbetween the other two, be Mythra with Pyra's Specials or vice versa, the sky's the limit. She would also, for sure, have a new Down B.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Echo Fighter

Micaiah (Robin's Echo)

The Silver-haired Maiden of Radiant Dawn and the light to Robin's dark. Being a mage/priestess herself, specifically the light variety which is an exclusive class given to her the obvious part is that her down special will be changed, removing Nosferatu with a light-based spell.

While her glaring difference is her lack of a dagger that Robin wield she could have an alternative, either having her staff, hit enemies with her book or call the assistance of Yune (the orange bird that always by her side) to extend her attack range in which could also be her Final Smash.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job 86: Echo Fighter

I‘m just quoting what I said last month:
Job 73: Shadow the Hedgehog (38ε)
View attachment 308110
Sonic's longtime rival for 20 years, Shadow the Hedgehog finally breaks free of being an Assist Trophy and joins the battle as the Blue Blur's Echo Fighter.
Intro: Shadow Chaos Controls onto the stage

Stance/Idle 1: Shadow stands around with his arms folded
Idle 2: Shadow occasionally glares towards the camera
Idle 3: Shadow occasionally glares to the background

Notable Palette Swaps:
  1. Shadow the Hedgehog (default)
  2. Multiplayer alt 1 (yellow)
  3. Upper left concept art (grey)
  4. Shadow Mephiles (cyan)
  5. Multiplayer alt 2 (pink)
  6. Multiplayer alt 3 (blue)
  7. Multiplayer alt 4 (orange)
  8. Multiplayer alt 5 (green)
Walk: Shadow walks with his fists curled up
Dash: His signature slide across the floor using his Air Shoes
Damage: His damage animation from Shadow the Hedgehog
Jump: Same as Sonic’s
Crouch: Same as Sonic’s

Normal Attacks
Jab: Same as Sonic’s, except Shadow punches twice and then follows up with an upward kick (9%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Same as Sonic’s (9%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Same as Sonic’s (7%, small knockback)
Up+A: Same as Sonic’s (10%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Same as Sonic’s (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Shadow’s second kick from Shadow the Hedgehog’s intro (12%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Shadow’s first kick from Shadow the Hedgehog’s intro (11%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Same as Sonic’s (13%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Shadow’s downward punch from Shadow the Hedgehog’s intro (14% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Shadow pushes the opponent by slightly hovering with his Air Shoes (9%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Same as Sonic’s (11%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Same as Sonic’s (7%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Shadow’s kick against Silver in 06 (17%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Same as Sonic’s (20%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Sonic’s down Smash from Brawl (16%, OK knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Shadow grabs the opponent in the chest.
Pummel: Shadow punches the opponent with his open hand (3%)
Forwards+Throw: Shadow simply tosses the opponent (9%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Same as Sonic’s (9%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Shadow teleports behind the opponent and kicks them from behind (11%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Same as Sonic’s (8%, small knockback)

Special Moves
B : Homing Attack
; same as Sonic’s, but it sends opponents farther (17%, OK knockback)
B + Forwards : Light Speed Dash; similar to PAC-MAN’s Power Pellet, but with rings, and you can’t change the angle of them (12%, OK knockback)
B + Up : Chaos Control; Shadow teleports in the direction the player moves the control stick. Opponents close to Shadow would be pushed back (small knockback) and slowed down for a bit.
B + Down : Spin Charge; same as Sonic’s but takes a bit longer to charge (13%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Chaos Inferno; Shadow turns into Super Shadow and uses Chaos Control to slow down time. Rouge and Omega appear to attack opponents; Rouge dashes all over the place by flying, similar to Super Sonic (3% per hit, small knockback) and Omega fires giant laser beams that rain down all over the arena as pillars (10% each, OK knockback). Shadow then time-freezes the opponents and reverts back to normal, giving him time to either fall back or attack opponents while they’re frozen (one hit unfreezes them).

Gimmick: Echo Fighter of Sonic

Taunts
1: “I’m the Ultimate life form.” Shadow’s loosely mimics his pose from Sonic 06
2: “How pathetic.” Shadow tosses a Chaos Emerald up and down before putting it back, mimicking his introduction to Sonic in SA2
1+2: “My name is Shadow…” Shadow mimics his artwork for Sonic Adventure 2

Winposes
1: “Anyone who gets in my way is my enemy.” Shadow loosely mimics his pose from Shadow the Hedgehog’s box art
2: “There’s no time for games.” Shadow’s victory pose from Shadow the Hedgehog, when he gets a Chaos Emerald (he specifically holds the green one)
2a: “Game over, Sonic.” Vs. Sonic
3: “This is the ultimate power!” Shadow’s victory pose from Sonic Heroes, along with Rouge and Omega

Applause: Shadow folds his arms and closes his eyes in disappointment.
Icon: Sonic series icon
Boxing Ring Title: The Ultimate Life Form
Star K.O.: “Not heeeerrrrrre…!”
Victory Music: https://youtu.be/ICE8ZPfIrck
Kirby Hat: Shadow’s quills and ears
Shadow's playstyle is primarily based on his appearance in SA2, where he was mostly identical to Sonic.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
“The echo has to be from the same series as the original character”
Would Boshi count? He isn’t in a yoshi game but he is a Mario character that was in the yoshi area of the game
Boshi is an alternate costume of Yoshi thus is currently discounted.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Mii Gunner Votes:
1. Galarian Slowbro (Just LOOK AT IT, this thing was MADE to be a Gunner costume!)
2. Susie (More Robobot rep? Yes please.)
3. Buck Bumble (Haven't played it myself, but I know it's a minor meme, and the song is nice.)

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Job 86: Zelda (BOTW) - Fighter 17ε

Zelda_-_HWAoC_key_art.png

So this is an echo fighter idea I had, name of the character still in progress. It's Zelda from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild! Unlike most incarnation of her past selves, this Zelda focuses on research and use of the Sheikah Slate. Because of this, her neutral, side and up special will all have aesthetic changes to match the Sheikah Slate's capabilities but will otherwise be mechanically the same to keep her an echo fighter. Like the submission rules state, her down special will indeed be different.

Additionally I did some research and it doesn't seem like any of the original Zelda's hitboxes are affected by her dress so BOTW Zelda in her base form should be fine but she does have two different dresses she can wear should she need them or they can be used as costumes.

Nayru's Love will now be Cryonis. While not working exactly like it does in BOTW, she will hold out her Sheikah Slate and use it to surround herself with an ice crystal with the same hitbox as the original attack.

Din's Fire will now be Magnesis. Zelda will control a metal explosive that will be controlled using the Sheikah Slate exactly how Din's Fire would. As an aesthetic effect, red waves will emit from the Sheikah Slate just like in BOTW.

Farore's Wind will now be Fast Travel referencing the teleportation abilities it holds in BOTW letting Link transport himself between the different shrines and towers. Blue digital-like waves will replace the gusts of wind in the attack animation.

Finally for Zelda's down special, Phantom Slash will be replaced with Stasis! Zelda holds her Sheikah Slate out and will activate the Stasis rune. Anybody in front of Zelda but not too close will be frozen in time. The amount of time depends both on the opponent's percentage and if Zelda caught them in the exact spot. Too close or too far but still within its range will shorten the duration of the time stop.

During this short period, Zelda can dish out some attacks and rack up percentage on her trapped opponent. When time is undone, the opponent will be sent back with the culminate damage done to them. To balance this, there will be a x0.7 damage and knock back modifier so Zelda can't merely perform a charged up smash attack and have it go completely unpunished.

However, when the opponent is released from time, there will be 2 frames where they will still be immobile but vulnerable. If Zelda times an attack right, she can hit the opponent for extra damage without the modifier. The attack however is very slow and failure to trap anybody will leave Zelda open for a punish,

And for Zelda's Final Smash, she will use the power of the Bow of Light. Zelda will leap into the air and the entire game will be put into slow-motion as if Bayonetta's Witch Time affected the entire stage. She holds out the Bow of Light and pulls back the Light Arrow. You can aim the bow up or down depending on where the opponent(s) are and a ray of light will appear showing the trajectory of the arrow.

After pressing B or waiting out 6 seconds, Zelda will fire the Light Arrow and it will deal a strong attack that will most likely KO at around 60%. The arrow will pierce through multiple players. Additionally, the ray of light will also show a ricochet path and indeed, if the arrow hits solid ground, it will bounce off only once and continue in its new trajectory hitting any additional players.

On a separate note, I don't really have any name ideas. There's Researcher Zelda but that sounds too much of a mouthful. I thought of Wild Zelda but that also sounded a bit too funny.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Voting for Galatian Slowbro, Susie and Kamek

Also Job 86: Dark Bowser (14E)

1618320299198.png

Debuting in Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story, Dark Bowser is the final boss of that game. He will be an Echo of Bowser.

Dark Bowser’s Neutral Special has him use blue flames instead of orange ones. His Side Special has him launch a boulder at his opponents. Said boulders shatter into smaller ones that Dark Bowser could throw at, but that leaves other characters to use said boulders against him. His final Smash has him trap a fighter in a cage, before unleashing a huge energy attack, dealing a lot of damage. Overall, Dark Bowser would make a great Bowser Echo and a well needed representation of the Mario and Luigi RPG series

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'll just do what I did last time:

I'm mostly submitting this one because my best friend has gone on record NUMEROUS times about how him not being an Echo in Ultimate was perhaps the biggest missed opportunity possible.

Third Party Echo Fighter: Liquid Snake
View attachment 308112

Liquid Snake is the main antagonist of Metal Gear Solid, and a very important character throughout the series. Created as a clone of the legendary soldier Big Boss (seemingly with his recessive genes), Liquid became a member of FOXHOUND, coming to blows with his fellow clone/twin brother Solid Snake after launching a hostile takeover of Shadow Moses Island in an attempt to gain Big Boss's remains. As I just now noted, Liquid shares a lot of the same traits as Solid Snake by virtue of them both being clones of the same person. Ergo, it wouldn't be too far out of the realm of possibility to assume that he would be able to fight in much of the same way, albeit with minor differences to set them apart competitively.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Given how we handled the past echoes I think altered gameplay attributes are fine. The one new move is referring to for example a move likes Chroms Up Special.
Does this mean I could change an attribute of my Twilight Princess Link's bomb to not make them detonatable or change the boomerang's properties so it drags opponents with a gust of wind instead of being damaging. I want TP Link to be as similar as he was previously in the other games, so I just want to see if it's possible.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Because Shadow is already submitted, I guess I'll just type something up in his support as I can't think of anyone else I'd want to submit.

Shadow the Hedgehog is one of-no, THE MOST requested echo fighter of all time. Debuting in 2001's Sonic Adventure 2, Shadow has quickly become a fan favorite, being the second most popular character in the franchise (and considering how many Sonic characters there are, that's quite a feat). The game he debuted in was also the first Sonic game on a Nintendo console, meaning most Nintendo fans are very familiar with the character. He's basically the perfect candidate for an echo fighter, as he matches Sonic's abilities in almost every fashion, shares the exact same body type, and is a literal copy of Sonic in 3/4 mainline games where they share a playable status. We also have to acknowledge the glaring lack of a second Sonic character in our game. While we can still add a non-echo fighter later, I think Shadow would be a great character to add regardless. He consistently places high in fan polls, meaning his inclusion would probably break the internet, or at least get close to doing so.

Now, what special move would we change? Well, there are a few options I've considered.
  • We could swap Homing Attack for Chaos Spear.
  • We could swap Spin Charge for Light Speed Dash.
  • We could swap Spin Dash for Chaos Control (as a Foresight/Witch Time kind of move).
  • We could also swap Spring Jump for Chaos Control (as a teleport recovery move).
We can start to think about it more if Shadow is submitted. In conclusion Shadow is a highly requested echo fighter who is still very relevant and well-liked to this day, and he's just really, really cool.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Hey Hey Hey It's time for the next Spirit Event, I was picked next so here it is

The Next Spirit Event is: One-Offs: Characters from games that never had sequels or other games. (smash does not count towards this)

Submitting a Spirit/Spirit Battle

1) The Spirit must be from a game or series that has been on a Nintendo system at some point in time.
2) The Spirit must be relevant and important to the series are derived from.
3) While not always required, it’s preferred the Spirit must have artwork to accompany it instead if in-game sprites. Please provide an artwork of the Spirit for our Spirit Team.
4) All Spirits must have the appropriate information regarding their Spirit info and Battle info. This includes type, class, and ability for Spirits and puppet fighter, stage, music, and conditions for the Battles.
5) If submitting a rather obscure, off-the-wall, or particularly controversial Spirit, you may be asked to defend your reasoning as to why it should become a Spirit before it can be approved.
6) Please submit a Spirit along with an artwork of it. This allows us to add the Spirit to our wikia database.

Submission Process

Please submit only three Spirits for the Theme Event. While most Spirits will be ok’d by the Spirit Team, some may be disqualified if there isn’t actual art availiable for them or if the content seems impossible to implement. If this is the case, then we will alert the submitter of this issue so they can do a replacement.
Spirit Regulation

We have a great Spirit list but, looking at it, we have a lot of series bloated up with Spirits and other series not so much. We will no longer have a completely open submission process. Instead, we will have both our usual Spirit Theme submissions as well as Task Submissions. Task Submissions are a set of multiple guidelines in submitting a Spirit that we can follow to help make the Spirit List more expansive for every series.

We will still be holding off on adding Spirits until the wikia is up to speed. Once I get the ok, we will begin our Task Submissions.

• Name
  • Series and debut game
  • Type and class
  • Spirit ability
If you include a Spirit Battle,
  • The puppet fighter(s)
  • Stage
  • Music (please take a look at the music doc to see if the song is available or if you want to include your own song)
  • Type of match (stock, timed, stamina, etc)
    Conditions
Here is a list of every Spirit from Ultimate + Sequel

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Job 86: Black Shadow- Fighter 11ε

Ganondorf's rework was a much needed thing. The problem with a rework that big is that the Ganondorf mains will lose their character. Some of them won't care, as they just wanted to play as Ganondorf. Some might not care about the moveset, but some of them definitely would. This is where Black Shadow comes in.

Even though I've talked a lot about Ganondorf, Black Shadow is still a Captain Falcon Echo Fighter. His Neutral, Up, and Down specials are the same moves, but made slower and given more power. Instead of a Darkness Choke, he'd more of a chokeslam move.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 86: Black Shadow- Fighter 11ε

Ganondorf's rework was a much needed thing. The problem with a rework that big is that the Ganondorf mains will lose their character. Some of them won't care, as they just wanted to play as Ganondorf. Some might not care about the moveset, but some of them definitely would. This is where Black Shadow comes in.

Even though I've talked a lot about Ganondorf, Black Shadow is still a Captain Falcon Echo Fighter. His Neutral, Up, and Down specials are the same moves, but made slower and given more power. Instead of a Darkness Choke, he'd more of a chokeslam move.
Side Special could be some kind of bull charge attack?
(I can picture say "Ole!" dodging his attack.)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 86

Zack Fair

Zack is from Gongaga and was Clouds good friend, Zack was the wielder of the buster sword before Cloud and knew a lot of the techniques that cloud does.

A potential to move idea is to replace his up special with a modified version of Sephiroth's Octaslash, A Move Zack has used in Crisis Core

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 86: Galacta Knight (Kirby series)

Galacta Knight is one of the most prominent Kirby characters, showing up almost as much as the main four, And he would also be another villain, which is always a plus. He would be an echo of Meta Knight, his unique move could be taken from one of the various moves he uses in his boss battles, and his final smash would be a reskin of Meta Knight's Smash 4 Final Smash. Though we would probably have to remove or change the Galacta Knight themed costume if Dark Samus is any indication.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Does this mean I could change an attribute of my Twilight Princess Link's bomb to not make them detonatable or change the boomerang's properties so it drags opponents with a gust of wind instead of being damaging. I want TP Link to be as similar as he was previously in the other games, so I just want to see if it's possible.
I think that should be fine, especially as these are essentially veteran moves that will be brought back.

Can this new special move be taken from another fighter or does it have to be a completely new move?
Either is fine.

Hey Hey Hey It's time for the next Spirit Event, I was picked next so here it is

The Next Spirit Event is: One-Offs: Characters from games that never had sequels or other games. (smash does not count towards this)

1) The Spirit must be from a game or series that has been on a Nintendo system at some point in time.
3) While not always required, it’s preferred the Spirit must have artwork to accompany it instead if in-game sprites. Please provide an artwork of the Spirit for our Spirit Team.
4) All Spirits must have the appropriate information regarding their Spirit info and Battle info. This includes type, class, and ability for Spirits and puppet fighter, stage, music, and conditions for the Battles.
5) If submitting a rather obscure, off-the-wall, or particularly controversial Spirit, you may be asked to defend your reasoning as to why it should become a Spirit before it can be approved.
6) Please submit a Spirit along with an artwork of it. This allows us to add the Spirit to our wikia database.

Submission Process

Please submit only three Spirits for the Theme Event. While most Spirits will be ok’d by the Spirit Team, some may be disqualified if there isn’t actual art availiable for them or if the content seems impossible to implement. If this is the case, then we will alert the submitter of this issue so they can do a replacement.
Spirit Regulation

We have a great Spirit list but, looking at it, we have a lot of series bloated up with Spirits and other series not so much. We will no longer have a completely open submission process. Instead, we will have both our usual Spirit Theme submissions as well as Task Submissions. Task Submissions are a set of multiple guidelines in submitting a Spirit that we can follow to help make the Spirit List more expansive for every series.

We will still be holding off on adding Spirits until the wikia is up to speed. Once I get the ok, we will begin our Task Submissions.

Keep in mind that just because a spirit technically qualifies for this submission it does not mean it will automatically be accepted. Games which have never had a sequel are likely to have more obscure spirits, and obscure spirits receive more scrutiny in the accepting process.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
WAIT, WAIT, WAIT. I know I said I wouldn't submit a character.
BUUUT, I forgot about one very, very important candidate-my mind was only focused on third parties.
Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to this totally rad character that you definitely haven't seen three or four times before...

THE FUNKIEST KONG ALIVE, FUNKY KONG!!!!!!!!
I don't even need to quote my previous posts. You guys know exactly who this dude is by now.
But, there is one important factor-what could his new special be?
Well, I think we could implement a new side-b where he rides a wave with his surfboard, which would be fast but very weak on the hitbox. It would be a really fast movement option for a heavy and would really set him apart from Donkey Kong.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Here are 3 random spirits to get this prompt going.

Shock Bomb (ARMS)
Class: Novice
Type: Support/Defense
Slots: ⬡
Effect: Electric Damage Resistance Up
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultminmin x3 blue alt
  • Stage: Spring Stadium
  • Music Track: ARMS Grand Prix Official theme song
  • Match:
    • 1 stock
  • Items: Shock Bomb
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat all opponents to win
    • The enemy likes to use side-special smash attacks (Her arm is always the Megawatt)

Mamori Minamoto (Tokyo Mirage Sessions)
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Defense
Slots: ⬡⬡
Effect: Evolves into
Mamori Minamoto (Carnage Form)
Effect: Defense Up

-Summoned by combining 1 Haru Okumura Core and 1 Draug Core.

Miura (Ever Oasis)
Type: Primary Neutral
Effect: Attack Power Up
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultcorrinf: (Orange Alt)
  • Stage: Mushroomy Kingdom Omega
  • Music Track: Dawn In The Desert
  • Match:
    • 1 stock
  • Conditions:
    • The Enemy likes to use Smash Attacks
    • The Enemies Smash Attacks deal extra Damage

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job 86: Flygon (Fighter #35e)
1618325024849.png

When Chrom was first announced, I thought that they were going to include an echo for Charizard. Flygon is a fan favorite Pokemon from the third generation of the Pokemon franchise, and I would consider it to be one of the most popular Pokemon that has had no direct influence from the Pokemon company (unlike say Pokemon that receive a lot of marketing like the starters, the legendaries, etc. Not even a Mega Evolution like come on GameFreak).

But which special would be changed?
:007:

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ristar (Ristar)
Type: Support Grab
Slots: 1
Effect: Grab power is increased
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultpacman: (White alt)
  • Stage: Green Hill Zone (BF form)
  • Music Track: The Starship Sails
  • Match
    • 1 Stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy likes to grab
    • The enemy is attracted to items
    • Only Starman, Warp Star, and Star Rod items will spawn.
Ristar debuted in the game Ristar, which has since never had a sequel.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Ristar (Ristar)
Type: Support Grab
Slots: 1
Effect: Grab power is increased
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultpacman: (White alt)
  • Stage: Green Hill Zone (BF form)
  • Music Track: The Starship Sails
  • Match
    • 1 Stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy likes to grab
    • The enemy is attracted to items
    • Only Starman, Warp Star, and Star Rod items will spawn.
Ristar debuted in the game Ristar, which has since never had a sequel.
We already have Ristar

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
The time has finally come for me to resubmit the first thing I ever submitted here, which was denied because it didn't work with the prompt

Job #86

Pikachu Echo fighter - Mimikyu

Who better to come in as an echo than a Pokemon who so badly want to be another that it copies it's appearance best it can?

First, the concept:
Obviously, the Mimikyu does it's best to well, copy Pikachu. Not only does it's look remain the same, but it take it to an extra level of mimicry here and does it's best to mimic Pikachu's moveset in every way it can. Some moves stay the same as Mimikyu can learn them on it's own or via TM such as thunder, while others have easy substitutes like it using Shadow Ball instead of Thunder Jolt. It could also use some obviously comedic moves in ways to copy Pikachu's moves in which there aren't any close replacements. Attribute wise it would be a bit heavier and powerful than Pikachu but not by a ton. It's final smash would be a completely unique move where it uses it's Pokeball attack and pulls fighters under it's cloth and attacks them there.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Echo Fighter: Yarn Yoshi

Yarn Yoshi would join as an echo fighter of Yoshi! He would be lighter and faster than Yoshi, as well as being easier to K.O.
Yarn Yoshi's neutral special would be the different move, where instead of swallowing his opponents, Yarn Yoshi would throw a yarn ball forwards. If it hits, the yarn ball will tie around the opponent that was hit, leaving them vulnerable (around 5 seconds). It can be possible to break out by spamming, however. The up special would be pretty much the same, with the yarn ball disassembling when it hits something. The rest would be the same, only with different aesthetics (Ground Pound having Yarn Yoshi turn into a hammer, Shield turning Yarn Yoshi into yarn ball, etc). Yarn Yoshi's final smash would have Yarn Yoshi turn into a motorcycle and charging forwards, catching opponents in a cinematic. The opponents then go to the Hub World of Yoshi's Woolly World, where all the other Yarn Yoshis would attack the opponents caught in the cinematic. It would then end with Yarn Yoshi becoming giant and stomping on the poor opponents!

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace

(Someone already submitted Galacta Knight but I was already typing this so I'm posting it anyway)
Job #85: Galacta Knight: The Greatest Warrior in the Galaxy!

Series Prominence:
Galacta Knight made his first appearance in Kirby Super Star: Ultra as the Final Boss of Meta Knightmare Returns Ultra. Instead of Fighting Marx, Meta Knight makes his wish to the Galactic Nova to grow stronger, and The Greatest Warrior in the Galaxy is summoned. Galacta Knight would make later appearances as a boss in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Kirby Planet: Robobot, Kirby Star Allies, and Super Kirby Clash. Even in games where he isn't a boss, such as in Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby Battle Royale, he still makes a cameo as a Rare Keychain and Costume respectively. Two new forms were even introduced in his most recent appearance in Super Kirby Clash, Light Aeon Hero and Dark Aeon Hero showing HAL values and has a future for this character. Galacta Knight now has a cemented role in the Kirby series as the hidden overpowered final boss, making possibly the most appearances in Modern Kirby only behind that of the main cast.

Technically none of his battles are canon, all taking place in extra modes such as the True Arena, but the lore in his pause screens and his battle feats are canon. Galacta Knight is capable of traveling through space and time, controlling Light and Dark Matter, and casually destroying planets. Kirby is already considered by most to be the strongest character on the smash roster, but Galacta Knight would take the title from him. Lore wise it is suggested that he is one of the original four heros who came together to defeat Void Termina for the first time, but was later sealed by the ancients when he was deemed too great of a threat to be free.

For more info on Galacta Knight’s feats and lore check out this amazing video by WoolieVersus. It's informational as well as extremely well made and told in the form of a story. You seriously won’t regret it. (While the title and thumbnail is Morpho Knight, the video also covers Galacta Knight)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np8x5jp578o

Galacta Knight is somewhat of a Rival to Meta Knight, originally being summoned by him, but has also fought the rest of the Kirby cast. His inclusion would fill the Kirby villain role in Smash, as although many still view Meta Knight and Dedede as Villians, true Kirby fans (aka Gigachads) will know that Meta Knight and Dedede have been reformed for quite a while. Most villains turn good by the end of a Kirby game, yet Galacta Knight is one of the few who continues to fight Kirby and co. after being defeated across multiple games. Galacta Knight would be able to fill the role of a Kirby Villain which an element which is unfortunately missing from the current roster.

Additionally Galacta Knight would help bring more modern Kirby content. While we’ve attempted to address the disparity between Sakurai Kirby Content and Modern Kirby Content through Bandana Dee (although technically Bandana Dee did originate in Super Star) and other inclusions, more modern Kirby content is always welcomed.

Smash Prominence:
Galacta Knight even has a prominent role in Smash. He was one of few unlockable trophies in Smash 4, and his unlock box on the challenge wall was one of the few unlocks of which Golden Hammers were unable to be used upon. Meta Knight also received a Galacta Knight skin in Smash 4, which was later expanded upon in Ultimate to be even more of a direct reference. Galacta Knight is also a spirit in Ultimate, being a Legend Class and the strongest primary spirit in the entire game (only behind Galeem and Darkon). Meta Knight's Galacta Knight skin would likely need to be replaced, but that's not a huge issue.

Function as an Echo:
Galacta Knight could function as an Identical Echo to Meta Knight, as he is capable of all the same moves as Meta Knight, but could also bring some differences to set him apart. He could be slower but heavier and stronger stat wise, to reference the fact that Galacta Knight is indeed, the Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy. (although its debatable whether or not that title now goes to Meta Knight based on a pause screen description from Triple Deluxe. In case you haven't caught on Kirby Lore is extremely complicated)

Galacta Knight also has potential to be a more unique echo. Most of his boss moves are too overpowered to work in smash, but I can see his sword projectiles working as a side B. His sword beams could even be added to the end of his jab when at 0% similar to Link's Forward Smash. The multi hit functionality of Meta Knight’s Tornado in Brawl could also return to add another minor difference. Finally, his Final Smash could feature a transformation into Morpho Knight, The Knight of Doom, as he releases “Judgement Day” (the official term) onto his opponents.

Potential Issues Addressed:
Now let me address some potential qualms about his inclusion. While we’ve already gotten a Kirby rep in the Form of Bandana Dee, Ridley and Dark Samus show that it’s possible to get a newcomer and an echo from the same series in the same game, so his inclusion shouldn’t be an issue. He also has a Lance instead of a Sword, which may seem like an issue at first, but he uses it as a sword Identically to Meta Knight in his boss battles. His shield is also largely a visual element; none of his attacks or mechanics utilize it as far as I’m aware. Some of you may remember as well that Galacta Knight was added as a background cameo to the Fountain of Dreams stage, but Venus has already mentioned that added cameos don't disqualify.
https://smashboards.com/threads/ultimate’s-sequel-super-smash-bros-infinite-project.510119/post-24295059

More Gushing about Galacta Knight:
His main theme is a heavy metal theme. Which goes extremely hard. In a Kirby game of all things. This alone should convince you on his inclusion. I’ve already added his theme to our project whenever we were doing Kirby music with Bandana Dee, but if you would like to do your ears a favor feel free to listen to it one more time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MpIVIOKNLU

His alt ideas also write themselves with the various other Knights in the Kirby series, such as Meta Knight, Dark Meta Knight, Mecha Knight, Stock Mecha Knight, Morpho Knight, Morpho Knight EX ,and Parallel Meta Knight, as well as his Aeon Hero concept art designs some of which are quite fashionable imo.

He also has plenty of fanmade Smash renders as well as official art so his fighter spirit and alternate art would be no problem.

This is more of a personal reason but I’ve also got over a list of over 50 Kirby characters who are just asking to be made into spirits so vote Galacta Knight so I can add these pleeeeease
Yarn Kirby
Tankbot
Yin-Yarn
Me-Devil
Kirby Clash classes
Hypernova Kirby
Drawcia
Drawcia Soul
Clay Kirby
Claycia
Shadow Kirby
Dark Nebula
Necrodeus
Squeak Squad
UFO
Chilly
Gim
Broom Hatter
Grizzo
Leafan
Noddy
Parasol Waddle Dee
Sailor Waddle Dee
Bio Spark
Sir Kibble
Wheelie
Beanbon
Beetley
Dribble
Vividria
Kabula
Acro
Ice Dragon
Paint Roller
Fatty Whale
Lololo & Lalala
Galactic Nova
Mecha Kracko
Gigavolt
Star Dream
Nova
Dark Taranza
Parallel Nightmare
Buff Dedede
Shadow Dedede
Moon Warriors
Moon Warriors Waning & Waxing
Lor Starcutter
Aeon Hero Light
Aeon Hero Dark

And Finally some Dope Galacta Knight fan art to feast your eyes upon.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord

Submission Process

Spirit Regulation

Does this extended to character who only appear once but the series itself still going like say one of the party members from a specific DQ entry?

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Besides the Mii Costume voting and this entire Twitter fiasco, let's get this train rolling back again.

Job #86: Submit an Echo Fighter!

You heard that right! For this job any and all echo fighters will be accepted, first or third party. (Although characters who already have an echo fighter; Ryu, Peach, Simon etc. will not be eligible to receive another echo). Past submissions for echo fighters may be resubmitted again for this job. This echo fighter will have ONE unique special move as well as a unique final smash. Taunts, Idles, and Misc. content will also be different per usual. This reveal will be revealed via twitter, so keep that in mind.

Please try to keep the echo submissions reasonable as well, as we had some controversy over some of the submissions last time. If a submission for an echo fighter does not make much sense to be an echo, it likely will not win the voting period, so while healthy discourse over the validity of an echo fighter is welcomed, try to not get too riled up over what will in all likelihood be a losing submission. In the event that a particularly controversial echo fighter is looking like it is going to win or is doing well in the vote, we can potentially take measures to ensure a character which doesn't make sense as an echo doesn't win.

In your submission, provide a description of the differences between your submitted echo fighter and its base fighter, as well as why you think they deserve to be an echo fighter in this game. Keep in mind that our last fighter was a swordsman samurai wearing white. Please take this into consideration when deciding on who you will submit. Additionally keep in mind that if a series receives an echo fighter now, such as the Mother series and Ninten, that chances of that series getting a newcomer later, such as Porky, decreases.

Let me reiterate here real quick what the requirements are:
  • The echo has to be from the same series as the original character
  • The echo will only have ONE unique special move
  • The echo will have a unique Final Smash
  • The rest of the moveset stays unchanged, besides Taunts, Idles, and Misc. content
Additionally, Venus will be particularly busy today, so while Venus will have the final say please direct any questions towards myself, Krook, or Ramen in the meantime.

Have Fun!

Job #86 Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic being designed as the perfect doppelganger would be perfect for smash as an echo, differences could include him being slower than sonic but his attacks are now electrically charged, plus he has a unique side special where he dashes forwards to grab an opponents and shocks them with electricity

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Does this extended to character who only appear once but the series itself still going like say one of the party members from DQ?
For the sake of variety I'm gonna say no.

But if the series has a spinoff that is unrelated to the numbering of the main series, the Spinoff would count granted they don't have a sequel.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #85: Ninten (37e)

(Fan-made render by ShinFurevindo)

Ninten, the psychic kid from Podunk, joins the fray! Ninten's pretty different from Ness and Lucas; he's the more brash and aggressive counterpart to Ness' cheer and Lucas' shyness, which would translate to his animations. As pictured above, there are several design changes to make him stand out from Ness: hair's different, hat points to the other side, t-shirt has different colors and pattern, and he wears a bandana (would he get along with Dee?)

As for the moveset, you might have noticed something peculiar... He's an echo of Lucas! That's mainly because Ninten can't wield yo-yos, and by this prompt, normals can't be changed, so Ninten would just use Lucas' moveset, with a bat in place of a stick and in lieu of the Rope Snake... I guess just PSI. Or nothing. I hope that still falls within the rules. As for his one changed special, it could be PK Beam for his neutral or 4-th D Slip for his up-B - basically he either gets a different weird but devastating neutral-B, or a weird dimensional teleport instead of Thunder. His new FS would be something like PK Beam (if it's not his special), the Eight Melodies or summoning EVE (giant robot, for the Mother-uneducated).

If added, Ninten would complete the trinity of Mother protagonists, and therefore represent in an equal manner every game in the series. And he's the one that started it all! Just like Earthbound and Mother 3, Earthbound Beginnings has its own group of dedicated fans who love it best. And hey, I know it's going to be hard to pitch a unique character like Porky and Masked Man, so if we can get an Echo I'll freaking take it. If I'm being honest, I'd rather have him be a more differentiated Echo (or even a semiclone?) so that he can do cool stuff that only he can like wield boomerangs and use EB0 exclusive PSI or even his support PSI (he's the healer of the party in canon), but I'll take any chance I can get to spread the word of Ninten.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Protagonist (KoF for Girls).png
Protagonist (The King of Fighters for Girls)
Type: Support Defense
Effect: Irreversible Controls
Puppet Fighter: :ultcorrinf::ult_terry::ultryu:(Orange):ultmarth:(white):ultjoker:(red)
Stage: Nintendo Land
Music Track: F-ZERO Medley
Match: stock (1)
Conditions:
  • Defeat the main fighter to win
  • The enemy heal overtime

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 86

Impa (:ultsheik:)

Impa Cuts Down Her Enemies | Smash Amino

Impa is one of the most recurring and story important non Tri-Force wielders in the Zelda series and has consistently served as the loyal guardian of the Hyrulean Royal Family. She would be an echo of Sheik, having trained Zelda in the Sheikah arts in the 7 years of hiding from Ganondorf.

Her unique move could involve a myriad of different Sheikah abilities such as a Shiekah barrier or energy blasts.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
For the sake of variety I'm gonna say no.

But if the series has a spinoff that is unrelated to the numbering of the main series, the Spinoff would count granted they don't have a sequel.
If that character is also a one-off despite having a sequel what happened next, like say Lady Bow from Paper Mario? Just to make sure :)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
If that character is also a one-off despite having a sequel what happened next, like say Lady Bow from Paper Mario? Just to make sure :)
That is another one I will have to unfortunately turn down. But those ones are definitely a more case-by-case basis. Paper Mario has some pretty famous sequels but say for instance you do a series that has 2 games and one of them is a remake or an unknown mobile game then I would count those.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord

Balan_2d_art.png
Balan (Balan Wonderworld)
Class: Novice - ★
Type: Support Defense
Slots: ⬡
Effect: Lightweight
Puppet Fighter: White Joker
Stage: WarioWare, Inc.
Music Track: Fossil Falls
Match: Stock (1)
Conditions:
  • Defeat the main fighter to win
  • The enemy has an extra mid-air jump.

The spirit theme gave me the idea to do this. The game's a mess but whatever XD it didn't stop [REDACTED] from having spirits or [REDACTED] from being a fighter.

(Names censored to prevent flamewars.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom