• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Buck Bumble is from Ubisoft and we already have the Rayman Spirits.

Unless you meant represented by a fighter
Ah, I thought it was from a different company. I originally meant fighter but I guess I didn’t exactly state it so I will let it slide.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please vote for your top three submissions. We will be doing ranked voting as per usual so your first choice gets 3 points. You may vote for your own for your second and third choice.

Todd Snap Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Serah Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Mike Anderson Speed Weed Speed Weed
Susie BowserKing BowserKing
Hard-Boiled Heavy Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Demonica Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Galarian Slowbro S SmashMaster
Buck Bumble cashregister9 cashregister9
Kamek Yiptap Yiptap

I will be holding off on adding Quote but, when time comes to adding another Mii Costume, I can bring the submission back if it fits the criteria. We will be adding tons of new Mii costumes for our Smash Direct so that would be a perfect time.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Kinda weird that you slip up for not knowing about what company made them
I remember hearing about Buck Rumble during some of our music talk but I never did put two and two together. I wish I could look up some of the content up but, honestly, I’m getting stretched pretty thin nowadays.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
1. Mike Anderson (Battle Clash representation for the win)
2. Demonica (AKA my favorite SMT protagonist: Strange Journey guy)
3. Todd Snap (the best Pokemon protagonist fight me)

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Besides the Mii Costume voting and this entire Twitter fiasco, let's get this train rolling back again.

Job #86: Submit an Echo Fighter!

You heard that right! For this job any and all echo fighters will be accepted, first or third party. (Although characters who already have an echo fighter; Ryu, Peach, Simon etc. will not be eligible to receive another echo). Past submissions for echo fighters may be resubmitted again for this job. This echo fighter will have ONE unique special move as well as a unique final smash. Taunts, Idles, and Misc. content will also be different per usual. This reveal will be revealed via twitter, so keep that in mind.

Please try to keep the echo submissions reasonable as well, as we had some controversy over some of the submissions last time. If a submission for an echo fighter does not make much sense to be an echo, it likely will not win the voting period, so while healthy discourse over the validity of an echo fighter is welcomed, try to not get too riled up over what will in all likelihood be a losing submission. In the event that a particularly controversial echo fighter is looking like it is going to win or is doing well in the vote, we can potentially take measures to ensure a character which doesn't make sense as an echo doesn't win.

In your submission, provide a description of the differences between your submitted echo fighter and its base fighter, as well as why you think they deserve to be an echo fighter in this game. Keep in mind that our last fighter was a swordsman samurai wearing white. Please take this into consideration when deciding on who you will submit. Additionally keep in mind that if a series receives an echo fighter now, such as the Mother series and Ninten, that chances of that series getting a newcomer later, such as Porky, decreases.

Let me reiterate here real quick what the requirements are:
  • The echo has to be from the same series as the original character
  • The echo will only have ONE unique special move
  • The echo will have a unique Final Smash
  • The rest of the moveset stays unchanged, besides Taunts, Idles, and Misc. content
Additionally, Venus will be particularly busy today, so while Venus will have the final say please direct any questions towards myself, Krook, or Ramen in the meantime.

Have Fun!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I was going to submit Kamek and Toady, but looking through Ashley's moveset there's a few moves I can't really find a Yoshi equivalent for.

Job 86
Paula (Ness)

Most of Ness' moves are taken from Paula - that should be a good enough reason to have her as an echo. Additionally, she could have a unique frying pan side smash (and possibly borrow her other two smash attacks from Lucas?), as well as cheerful but polite animations as opposed to Ness' more shy yet confident animations. (Not sure about the special move though... maybe Mewtwo's Up B? FS would be prayer though) Paula would not only be a new female character, but also a new non-sexualised female character.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 86: Echo Fighter
Lord Fredrik
Lord Fred.png

He's pretty similar to King K. Rool due to both being brutish leaders of powerful groups, I can picture one of his moves having him use the horn to blow out a snowball or fully charged, an ice dragon. Overall, I think he would make a good Echo for the Kremling king.

(Final Smash could have Lord Fredrik summoning his fleet of Snowmads ending off with a giant ice dragon.)

Geno Boost

Smash Master
“The echo has to be from the same series as the original character”
Would Boshi count? He isn’t in a yoshi game but he is a Mario character that was in the yoshi area of the game

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Does a reskinned and renamed move count as unique even if it functions the exact same? That will likely effect who i enter in

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #86: Twilight Princess Link (03e)
1618310159945.png

Link was the only cut character who hasn't returned to Ultimate, and I say it's about time for his grand reappearance. Link would function as he has in SSBB and SM4SH, with the only notable loss being his hookshot. What Twilight Princess Link now has his his traditional bombs (an adjustment to the bomb BoTW Link has, this bomb is remote activated but is now timed), "completely new" side special Gale Boomerang which pulls opponents towards Link and acts as it does in SM4SH, and his final smash from SM4SH.

Twilight Princess is the second best selling game in the series (only recently being outsold by BoTW), so I think fighter representation is still needed as Twilight Princess was an important game. Some may say having this many Link's is unnecessary, I don't get the idea because the series focuses on Links so having a ton of Links makes sense to me, and also having 4 Links together be a fun concept to me. Also, we should bring back this wildly different play style from Link some miss; removing TP Link and replacing them with BoTW is like removing Lucas and telling people to play Ness.

Edit: Apparently I can have Gale Boomerang, woohoo.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #86: Twilight Princess Link (03e)
View attachment 311074
Link was the only cut character who hasn't returned to Ultimate, and I say it's about time for his grand reappearance. Link would function as he has in SSBB and SM4SH, with the only notable loss being Gale Boomerang, and his hookshot. What TP Link now has is his traditional bombs and old final smash (the one all the other links have).

Twilight Princess is the second best selling game in the series (only recently being outsold by BoTW), so I think fighter representation is still needed as Twilight Princess was an important game. Some may say having this many Link's is unnecessary, I don't get the idea because the series focuses on Links so having a ton of Links makes sense to me, and also having 4 Links together be a fun concept to me.
I'm game as long as we call him something other than "Toilet Paper Link".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom