• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Krookodilian Krookodilian Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku

Got a question in regards to the current item job. Can the character be spawned from the item (kinda like an assist/Pokeball) or does the character absolutely have to be the item? Because I got a crazy idea, but whether or not the character would work like that is a little on the iffy side. The character is both simultaneously inside the object and the object at the same time..?
We have several items already that do such a thing and, technically speaking, that kind of goes against the theme of this prompt. I am interested in what you have and, if there’s enough interest in it, we can perhaps discuss this with everyone.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Here are some low-ranking Murasame Spirits in the meantime while I wrap my head around how I should do the other more prominent characters. YOOOooooo~~

Chūnin (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Class: Novice
Type: Support Attack
Effect: Can Evolve
  • Puppet Fighter: Sheik (Green), Incineroar (White)
  • Stage: Murasame Castle
  • Music Track: Scenes 1 & 2 - Takamaru's Ninja Castle
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy (Incineroar) breathes fire
    • The enemy (Sheik) favors Side Special
Skeleton Chūnin (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Class: Advanced
Type: Support
Effect: Neutral Special ↑
  • Obtained by Evolving the Chūnin spirit at Prof. Oak
efdac5c13dba1832536a76229bb6d45a__1_-removebg-preview.png
Hill Bandit (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Type: Support Shield
Effect: Armorslayer Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: Ike (Brown)
  • Music Track: Douchuumen
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy favors Smash Attacks

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Job 84: Pinwheel and Demons

The Pinwheel and Demons from Samurai Slice in the Rhythm Heaven series would get an appearance in Smash as an item! I chose this as a Rhythm Heaven item because it represents Samurai Slice, the other minigame besides Karate Man that has appeared in every single game in the series. Anyway, for the item, a 2D pinwheel would spawn on the stage (It would be like Pac-Man's ghosts which are 2D but aren't flat) and it becomes available to pick up. From there, you can throw it at an opposing fighter. If the pinwheel hits, then a demon will come out of nowhere and attack the opponent that was hit. If you're quick, then you can dodge. But if not, then the demon will attack the one who has been hit. Once attacked, the sound effect when the Wandering Samurai is hit (in the original games) will play. Getting hit by a demon would deal damage and launch you downwards, making it very useful if your opponent is offstage. The pinwheel will do its effect three times. For the first time, a regular demon would spawn. The second time, several tiny demons would spawn. For the third and last time, a giant demon would spawn. The giant demon deals the most damage, so watch out for that.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 84: Poochy Pups (Yoshi series)

when spawned, a Poochy Pup will wander around the stage, until a fighter equips the Poochy Pup, where it will then follow it around. pressing the attack button will cause the Poochy Pup to home onto the nearest opponent and attack it. Up to three Poochy Pups can follow you at once, and they come in the 3 colors pictured above.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Can I please provide a quick correction for the front page? It lists a Kumatora wig, even though I specifically listed the Kumatora costume as not including a wig since her hairstyle (at least for her SSBU depiction) can be perfectly replicated in the Mii Maker.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Can I please provide a quick correction for the front page? It lists a Kumatora wig, even though I specifically listed the Kumatora costume as not including a wig since her hairstyle (at least for her SSBU depiction) can be perfectly replicated in the Mii Maker.
Just wondering, what would the downside be to also including a Kumatora Wig?

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
It'd be redundant since the hair of her SSBU model can be perfectly replicated in the Switch Mii Maker.
can you link a pic of what can be made in Mii Maker right now? because I'm having a hard time thinking they added a reference to Kumatora's wig in mii maker. It might be similar, but surely a Mii Costume wig would be more accurate.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
can you link a pic of what can be made in Mii Maker right now? because I'm having a hard time thinking they added a reference to Kumatora's wig in mii maker. It might be similar, but surely a Mii Costume wig would be more accurate.
It's not a direct reference, nor is it one to one, but I still think it's close enough to nullify the need for a wig. In fact, it arguably could be more accurate to her sprite.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Aaaaand, it's closed.

I'm very proud to say that we had a good list of interesting items that really feel unique and contain interesting concepts. These items all are based on a character or NPC element found in games much like Boss Galaga and Mr. Saturn.

Please vote for your top two favorites. As usual, ranked voting is in effect; your first choice gets 2 points and your second choice only gets one. You may vote for your own submissions, doesn't matter what place you give it to. You cannot abstain from voting for a 2nd item, please fill in both spots.

Rock Pikmin Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Barnacle SharkLord SharkLord
Wisp Capsule cashregister9 cashregister9
Fuzzy Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Pinwheel and Demon Yiptap Yiptap
Poochy Pups Otoad64 Otoad64

A big shoutout to Golden Icarus Golden Icarus his submission, it was genuinely well-written and I would have probably voted for it. Alas the Djinns from Golden Sun are already a stage gimmick for the Venus Lighthouse so they're disqualified sadly.

Have fun voting!

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
We have several items already that do such a thing and, technically speaking, that kind of goes against the theme of this prompt. I am interested in what you have and, if there’s enough interest in it, we can perhaps discuss this with everyone.
Alright. The item I was thinking is a Tamagotchi. It's technically a real-world item, but it is simultaneously both the character and contains the character. Those things are super popular and iconic to Namco's history.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
1. Barnacle
2. Fuzzy

A couple more Murasame Spirits, will do some more again later

964e7709a6ee7b97c54be4ffde137ffc.png
Murasame (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Class: Legend
Type: Primary Neutral
Effect: Special-Move Power ↑
  • Obtained by defeating the Murasame Boss
32e6c5ca3022bf78299e76746daaa168.png
Tengu (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Type: Support Grab
Effect: Air Attack ↑

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
1618089054971.png
Ninja (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Type: Primary Grab, 1 Slot
Effect: None
  • Puppet Fighter: Greninja x 4 (Green)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Neutral Special
df95fb9902351cce85821471a6777f51.png
Imp (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Type: Support Shield
Effect: Fire & Explosion Attack ↑, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Lucas x 3 (Teal)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Side Special
TanukiMurasameCastle.png
Tanooki (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Item Gravitation, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Clear Tail Donkey Kong (Ace)
  • Music Track: Scene 3 - Takamaru's Ninja Castle
  • Conditions: Certain Items will appear in large numbers (Sandbag), The enemy
ee3660cb60a1ce22bbc5e7231106cf4b.png
Lord Aosame (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Bob-Omb Equipped, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Link (Royal Guard)
  • Music Track: Boss Battle - Takamaru's Ninja Castle
  • Conditions: The enemy favors down special, Certain Items will appear in large numbers (bombs)
43109c12b12eccdfce303404c6d07cd4.png
Lord Akasame (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Attack, 1 Slot
Effect: First-Strike Advantage
  • Puppet Fighter: Ganondorf (Red), Tiny Greninja x 3 (Grey)
  • Conditions: Certain Items will appear in large numbers (Pokeballs, Assist Trophy, Breidablik), The enemy is easily distracted by items, Defeat the Main fighter to win
41ab01aa56a7531e2afd34b169358ba0.png
Lord Ryokusame (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Type: Primary Grab, 2 Slots
Effect: Transformation Duration ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Bowser (Green), Bowser x 3 (Blue)
  • Conditions: Defeat the Main fighter to win, Reinforcements will respawn, The enemy favors Neutral Special
1618090944935.png
Lady Momosame (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Type: Primary Shield, 3 Slots
Effect: Easier Dodging
  • Puppet Fighter: Sheik (Purple)
  • Conditions: The enemy tends to avoid conflict, The enemy favors Up Special
Takamaru (Samurai Warriors 3) (Samurai Warriors 3)
Class: Legend
Type: Primary Attack, 2 Slots
Effect: Sword Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Takamaru, Mii Swordfighter (Takamaru)
  • Music Track: Inside Murasame Castle (Samurai Warriors 3)
  • Conditions: The enemy has increased move speed, The enemies melee weapons have increased power
Edit: Item Vote
1. Rock Pikmin
2. Poochy Pups

Attachments

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #85: Submit a Mii Gunner Outfit

We woefully need a Mii Gunner outfit as we currently only have two of them. The Mii Gunner Outfit can be from first or third party franchises that is represented via characters, stages, items, spirits, etc. In addition, submissions are open to currently represented companies such as Namco, Square, etc. Capcom is ineligible as they had a showcase back during Jill/Leon’s reveal. Please keep in mind that this inclusion does mean they can’t be made a character later on.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 85
Todd Snap (Pokemon Snap)

Welcome back! Todd would wear his pink/purple shirt from the game (as opposed to his red shirt from the anime) and literally shoot with a camera. He would come with a wig for his quirky hairstyle, which would be ginger like it is in the game. (as opposed to the brunette colour as seen in the anime) However, his trousers would be the blue seen in the anime as opposed to the greyish green seen in game.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Mii Gunner

Serah (Final Fantasy XIII)

In order to expand Final Fantasy representation outside Vll I present Serah, sister of the titular main character, Lightning as a Mii Gunner and also the 2nd Final Fantasy Mii Gunner after Barret. At first I want to submit Yuna from Final Fantasy X as she herself wield a dual pistol in the second game and she's the most beloved character in the series but I quickly dropped her because she's more iconic in her first appearance where she uses a staff rather than a gun which goes along with her personality really well, and also this is probably the first time that we have a mii Gunner costume that wields a bow which also act as a sword but mostly use as a bow. Her appearance as a costume reflect this as she will be in her Xlll-2 appearance.​

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Mii Gunner Submission: Mike Anderson from Battle Clash
Battle_Clash_Mike_Anderson.png

Aight, now this is a deep cut:

Mike is the main protagonist of Battle Clash, an SNES light gun game that makes use of none other than the Super Scope. Battle Clash is notable for being one of the few original (that's right Yoshi's Safari go to your room) Nintendo IPs to have revolved entirely around the Super Scope: of the other two, Super Scope 6 is more of a collection of minigames to serve as demonstrations of the peripheral so it doesn't really have any characters (would make for a cool stage tho), and the other one is Tin Star, which could be forever erased from the Nintendo history books without losing anything of value. But Battle Clash has a proper world and characters, and it's not Tin Star! Adding onto that, assuming first-party submissions here can only be from series repped in Smash in some form, Battle Clash would be the only one to qualify: Mike's mecha, the ST Falcon, appears as a Spirit in Ultimate.

What's Mike's story? To cut a regular-length story short, he enters a sort of mecha fighting thing - the Battle Game as it's called - to defeat its current champion: Anubis, an evil alien dude who killed his dad. And Mike wants revenge.

So how would he work? Well, he'd get his own wig with the mullet and headband, and as for the actual costume, as a homage to the peripheral his game made use of, Mike's costume would be like the ones for Saki, Fox, etc. where he's made to look like he's holding a gun instead of having one for an arm: and in this case, the gun would be the Super Scope!

Why would I submit him? Cause I think it'd be a cool homage, and while I like him, he's probably too obscure to be a playable fighter.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Mii Gunner Costume Submision: Susie (Kirby Franchise)
1618159886447.png

Debuting in Kirby: Planet Robobot, Susie is one of the villains of the game, before helping Kirby taking down Star Dream.

The Susie Mii Costume uses the Ray Gun she uses in Kirby: Star Allies and the costume’s arms are made to look seperated from .the body

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 85
Buck Bumble

This character is from the N64 game of the same name developed by Ubisoft, The Head would be buck bumbles head while the body would only be 2 of his legs but his abdomen is slightly extended and has his backside as well and the wings are kept.
(If this gets added we need to add the Buck Bumble theme to the music selection.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom