• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My thought process, as I said before, is that since the fighters Twitter isn't paying for have no stipulations as to ownership or whether they're new or old, we might as well get the most bang for our buck and do the more "expensive" things with the resources we already had (which are fixed). I also favored fighters over stages, because the more fighters we get the more likely we'll add some from franchises that aren't lacking in ancillary content.

tl;dr I didn't vote for any proposals that had new franchises, and I went with the proposals that netted us the most fighters. Ergo...

1. GoodGrief's
2. Golden Icarus

For my last vote it was between Peridot and Glubfubb, both of which had 2 fighters (and the new mode, which was going to be my tiebreaker). In the end, it boiled down to whether I preferred new stages or new bosses. And while I love me some bosses, I think we'll probably have enough prompts for them, whereas stages look like they'll be lacking (we voted against doing a stage for Ashley because of that), so Peridot wins it!

3. PeridotGX's

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Budget Votes:

1. GoodGrief
2. CheeseAnton
3. PeridotGX

Mainly informed by first parties from existing series, as I think theres a lot of unrecognized potential there, and they dont require as much additional content to round out their addition since they're not bringing a new series with them.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I counted all of the submission votes for our Twitter votes and, well, the results was pretty surprising.

PeridotGX PeridotGX Submission 7
cashregister9 cashregister9 Submission
@chocolatejr9 Submission 1
Golden Icarus Golden Icarus Submission 2
SharkLord SharkLord Submission 3
Otoad64 Otoad64 Submission 2
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb Submission 2
@Jomosensual Submission 4
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 Submission 10
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Submission 10
BowserKing BowserKing Submission 1
airConditioner airConditioner Submission 1

So, we will be doing a three-way vote for the top 2 submissions which are:
PeridotGX PeridotGX
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton

Please use the above poll when voting for your preferred candidate. Please choose wisely as I won’t be allowing vote changes on this one.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
My stance is that while stages are important, they aren't really hype or what people want the most. We should also note that there are more stages than fighters in Ultimate, so we don't really need many. New series can be hype-inducing, so bringing an entire character and stage from a new series would be wild, as well as letting us have 2 new characters from already repped series that still might need another character. When you go into a Smash game, the modes are only bonuses, you really want to battle with gaming's greatest characters in great worlds. My solution is the only one that adds a completely new series to the list with a completely different stage (and aesthetics) from the others series, while also adding a nice number of 3 new fighters.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
We’ve already done a great job at introducing new universes. Four of our first party newcomers and all of our third party newcomers are from brand new series and I imagine we’re gonna add a few more regardless of the Twitter money. I’m ready to add more side characters and an extra four slots for newcomers just sounds delicious. With that we might be able to get two Zelda newcomers!

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
My 3rd Easter themed spirit
Annie (Skullgirls)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Grab, 3 of slots
Effect: Magic Attack
  • Puppet Fighter: Ashley, Pichu
  • Stage: Gamers (Omega)
  • Music Track: Psycho Soldier
  • Match: Stamina (500%)
  • Conditions:
    • Projectile aren't effective against the enemy
    • The enemy's weapon attack have increased power
    • The enemy start the battle with a Killing Edge
      • Items appear periodically (star-shaped item)

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job #83: Submit the Character Select Screen
Results

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 10.06.43 AM.png

Ordered by series based on chronology, series not confined to the same row Golden Icarus Golden Icarus 5
Ordered by series based on addition order in smash, all characters from the same series share a row Krookodilian Krookodilian 22!
Globe roster, older fighters on the top, newer fighters on the bottom Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 9
Ordered by series, Mii fighters on the side SmasherMaster SmasherMaster 3

With 22 Votes, Krookodilian Krookodilian 's roster will be our default roster (I'm flattered). Keep in mind the exact placements of the characters are subject to change as fighters are added, however the general structure and conventions will be preserved. Once the final roster is decided we will start deciding on alternate layouts and toggleable options. I shared this in the discord already but heres the same style but for the Ultimate roster just for fun.
Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 10.19.46 AM.png

Job #84: Submit an Item that is a Character
In the same vein as the Mr. Saturn, Boss Galaga, and Unira items please submit an item that is also a character. Keep in mind this will deconfirm them, however it is likely that most of these submissions wont be fit to be a fighter anyway. First and Third parties are allowed, and the item can be from any series. Please include a description of how the item would work, as well as why you think we should vote for your item.

Attachments

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Job #83: Submit the Character Select Screen
Results

Ordered by series based on chronology, series not confined to the same row Golden Icarus Golden Icarus 5
Ordered by series based on addition order in smash, all characters from the same series share a row Krookodilian Krookodilian 22!
Globe roster, older fighters on the top, newer fighters on the bottom Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 9
Ordered by series, Mii fighters on the side SmasherMaster SmasherMaster 3

With 22 Votes, Krookodilian Krookodilian 's roster will be our default roster (I'm flattered). Keep in mind the exact placements of the characters are subject to change as fighters are added, however the general structure and conventions will be preserved. Once the final roster is decided we will start deciding on alternate layouts and toggleable options. I shared this in the discord already but heres the same style but for the Ultimate roster just for fun.

Job #84: Submit an Item that is a Character
In the same vein as the Mr. Saturn, Boss Galaga, and Unira items please submit an item that is also a character. Keep in mind this will deconfirm them, however it is likely that most of these submissions wont be fit to be a fighter anyway. First and Third parties are allowed, and the item can be from any series. Please include a description of how the item would work, as well as why you think we should vote for your item.
Just checking, it can hypothetically be any being with some degree of intelligence? The Uniras doesn't seem like really defined characters, being a species from a retro game without any real storyline. I have something in mind, but I want to make sure it's allowed. It still appears to be alive, but it's more or less a glorified item in it's home game and has as much personality as the Uniras in Smash.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Just checking, it can hypothetically be any being with some degree of intelligence? The Uniras doesn't seem like really defined characters, being a species from a retro game without any real storyline. I have something in mind, but I want to make sure it's allowed. It still appears to be alive, but it's more or less a glorified item in it's home game and has as much personality as the Uniras in Smash.
To be honest this was Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 's idea for a prompt so I'm not completely sure, but I think If you can argue its alive to some degree it counts. Even if it doesn't move in its home series or is treated more as an item.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
With Red Blue Yellow Purple White and Winged Pikmin getting some representation, I was disappointed that Rock Pikmin didnt get it, so due to this I decided to make Rock Pikmin and item

Rock Pikmin (pikmin)

They spawn like all pikmin types in the ground like the grass item, their are three types that can spawn that affect speed and damage, those being the leaf bud and flower, when plucked that rock pikmin'a leaf will change color to match the players colors meaning only the one who plucked it can carry it

When tossed the do strong damage but cant latch on, they will track the fighter they will be launched and and the stage the leaf is in makes the rock pikmin faster and stronger too, rock pikmin will continue to follow their target and continue attacking them unitile they either fall off the stage, get attacked to many times, or a minuete has passed

Rock Pikmin are the last members of.the pikmin family and they should get some representation if your cool with that.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
To be honest this was Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 's idea for a prompt so I'm not completely sure, but I think If you can argue its alive to some degree it counts. Even if it doesn't move in its home series or is treated more as an item.
Alright, if that's the case...

Job 84 - Barnacle (Dead Cells)
1617983772010.png

The Barnacle is a deployable skill in Dead Cells. When used, it sticks to the ceiling (Or floats suspended by balloons, if the ceiling's too high up) and shoots a rapid volley for projectiles for ten seconds. As for the question of whether or not it's alive, based on the gooey, organic composition, the eye and tongue, the fact it's named after an animal, and the fact that it's based on the living enemies from Half-Life... Yeah, I think they count.

In Smash, the Barnacle functions much like it's Dead Cells incarnation. When thrown, it sticks to the nearest wall or platform, or simply floats if it can't find one. Note that it will never stick to the top of any platform, only the sides or bottom. It will shoot out rapid-fire, weak projectiles for a short amount of time (About as long as most deployment items last, like the Unira and Killer Eye). Attacking it enough will destroy it, but if it's floating and not attached to a platform, it will actually move away from enemies if they start approaching it. On the flipside, gusts of wind and attacks can easily knock the floating Barnacle around, while anchored Barnacles can just sit there and laugh it off.

Uniquely, like all items in Dead Cells, the Barnacle will bring one or two randomized effects with it when summoned. Sometimes it burns you with its shots, other times it deals extra damage and releases a cloud of poison when thrown, other times they'll explode when destroyed, so on and so forth. All these unique effects are drawn from Smash's special effects, with the exception of one. The effects are:
  • Extra damage (Varies from +20% to +200%(!), though most of the time it leans towards the lower end.
  • Shots have an electric effect (Increased hitstun)
  • Shots have a fire effect (Sets off explosives)
  • Shots induce a flower effect (Damage over time)
  • Shots cover opponents in oil (A unique effect based on the Oiled status from Dead Cells. When hit by fire, it flares up into purple flames, dealing damage over time)
  • Releases a poison cloud when summoned
  • Buries nearby opponents when summoned
  • Puts opponents to sleep when summoned
  • Freezes the opponents when destroyed
  • Explodes when destroyed
  • Stuns opponents when destroyed
These effects can change a Barnacle from mildly helpful to your best friend, and no two Barnacles are ever the same. This lends it to a fun and helpful item, though you probably won't get the stronger effects and combinations most of the time. Aside from that, it's a pretty helpful item in it's home game, and Dead Cells itself is a fun and frantic roguelike that deserves more attention. Just be warned death is made all the more frustrating, but hey, each run is just an hour anyways. Shouldn't take too long to get back where you were (And die again).

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Smashboards Roster.png

alright, so I tried rearranging the roster in roster maker, and jeez, the fact we already have over 100 fighters really shows. Some are out of order for the sake of confining each franchise to a single row, and if anyone has any criticisms please let me know.

also made one for the starting roster
Smashboards Default Roster.png

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 84

Wisp Capsule

This item will appear just as it does in Sonic it will hover slightly above the ground and inside this capsule would be one of several Wisp colors each one having a different effect, hitting it with several attacks will free the wisp giving the person who freed it an effect.

White Wisp
This is the most common and will give the user more final smash charge if the smash meter is enabled and slightly heal the user

Violet
This will give the user a black hole item

Orange
This gives the user a jet pack item

Red
This makes the users attacks deal fire damage

Jade
This wisp will make the user invisible

Blue
this replaces all items on screen with food items

Pink
This gives the user's shield and roll slight damaging properties.

Green
This makes the user lighter

Black
This spawns a giant explosion, this one is the rarest.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
View attachment 310649
alright, so I tried rearranging the roster in roster maker, and jeez, the fact we already have over 100 fighters really shows. Some are out of order for the sake of confining each franchise to a single row, and if anyone has any criticisms please let me know.

also made one for the starting roster
View attachment 310653
I think the only criticism I have is that Bandana Dee should probably be after Meta Knight. Looks good though!

Personally I place Waluigi after Wario, but since it does mix the series, as well as separating Wario and Ashely either works. It just feels weird to have Waluigi before Wario to me. I also tend to seperate the echo fighters, like putting Dark Samus after Ridley, and Placing Lucina and Chrom after Robin, but I understand why they would be kept together.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I think the only criticism I have is that Bandana Dee should probably be after Meta Knight. Looks good though!
I put Bandana Dee before Meta Knight because I genrally put more "friendly" characters before "rival" characters, but if you want him to go after that's fine
Personally I place Waluigi after Wario, but since it does mix the series, as well as separating Wario and Ashely either works. It just feels weird to have Waluigi before Wario to me. I also tend to seperate the echo fighters, like putting Dark Samus after Ridley, and Placing Lucina and Chrom after Robin, but I understand why they would be kept together.
yeah I like to put Waluigi after aswell, but I wasn't sure if that was a good idea seeing as it would mix series, but if you don't have a problem with it I'll do that.
Smashboards Roster.png

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I put Bandana Dee before Meta Knight because I genrally put more "friendly" characters before "rival" characters, but if you want him to go after that's fine
Fair enough, but I feel like Bandana Dee's status as the P4 character should be reflected in his placement. Either way, I'm glad we can both share our love for the Bandana Boy. My profile pic and username are both Pokemon based, but I also love the Kirby series, and Bandana Dee is my most wanted for Smash.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think we are pretty good at this point since Easter has passed. Retro spirits can still be accepted to go along with Takamaru as well as those affiliated with MCM. We will also be starting a spirit theme this coming weekend.

Basically, something along the lines of Mr. Saturn, Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom, Unira, Boss Galaga, Beehive, etc. an item that’s based on an NPC element within a first party franchise that can be incorporated as an item. As far as intelligence, it can’t be something on par with an Assist Trophy or Pokémon obviously.

One example I had was “Baby Yoshi” which allows the player to hold a Baby Yoshi which allows it to instantly eat and swallow items/projectiles and then spit out a fire projectile afterward using the attack button

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I think we are pretty good at this point since Easter has passed. Retro spirits can still be accepted to go along with Takamaru as well as those affiliated with MCM. We will also be starting a spirit theme this coming weekend.

Basically, something along the lines of Mr. Saturn, Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom, Unira, Boss Galaga, Beehive, etc. an item that’s based on an NPC element within a first party franchise that can be incorporated as an item. As far as intelligence, it can’t be something on par with an Assist Trophy or Pokémon obviously.

One example I had was “Baby Yoshi” which allows the player to hold a Baby Yoshi which allows it to instantly eat and swallow items/projectiles and then spit out a fire projectile afterward using the attack button
Wait, I was told that we could do basically any game, first-party or third-party. Are we going with that explanation, or should we limit it to just first-parties?

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Wait, I was told that we could do basically any game, first-party or third-party. Are we going with that explanation, or should we limit it to just first-parties?
Whenever Venus shared the prompt, the Boss Galaga was used as an example, so I assumed third parties were eligible. That being said I’m not sure as to whether Venus intended it to be only first party only or not since it wasn’t specified.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Sorry to double post, but I’m doing so to ensure this isn’t missed. I’ve gotten word from Venus that third parties are eligible. That being said the rule of them having to be from a series with a game on a Nintendo console still applies.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
So I've already submitted these guys for an assist trophy prompt in the past, but this might actually fit them a bit better.
Job 84 - Djinn (Golden Sun)

First, a brief history on why the Djinn are so important to Golden Sun.
Isaac first encounters a Venus Djinni (yes, the singular form of Djinn is Djinni. It weirds me out, too) upon first leaving his village to embark on his quest. From there you get a tutorial that showcases many of Golden Sun's central mechanics.

At this point, you realize that the Djinn are one of the aspects that really set Golden Sun apart from other RPGs. The Djinn's chief purpose is to act as stat buffs to the player. Depending on the combination of Djinn set to your character, different buffs will be in effect. Having all Mercury Djinn grants Isaac with water based attacks and healing spells, while equipping Isaac with both Jupiter and Mars Djinn will grant him a full on samurai moveset. Experimenting with different Djinn combinations allows you to completely change the class of your character, allowing for loads of gameplay options.

Additionally, the Djinn have an effect where they can be "unleashed" on the opponent, removing their stat buff, but dealing great damage in the process. Then after a short cooldown, they can be summoned again allowing for ultra powerful attacks. That's where attacks like this come from:

On top of all of their gameplay attributes, the Djinn also act as the game's primary collectible. Almost every town or dungeon in the game contains at least one Djinni for the player to obtain. Collecting all of them has plenty of incentive, as they are not only fun to find and collect, but they actually grant vital in-game bonuses, so even those who aren't normally completionists will still have a good reason to catch 'em all.
In Smash, all four types of Djinn (Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Mercury) would have a chance to appear. Once they appear on stage, they can behave a few different ways. Normally they’ll stand idly by swaying back and forth waiting to be obtained, sometimes they’ll hop around aimlessly, and occasionally they will outright run away from the player.

Once obtained, they will be “set” to the player leading to a short animation.

Depending on the Djinni obtained, a different effect will be put in place. A Venus Djinni (brown) will raise the player’s defense, Mars (red) will buff the player’s damage output, Mercury (blue) will increase the player’s speed, and Jupiter (purple) will increase the player’s jump height. This effect will be active for twenty seconds before disappearing.

However, if the player uses a Smash attack before the twenty seconds are up, the Djinni will be “unleashed.” This will greatly increase the damage and knockback of said Smash attack, accompanied by an animation and sound effect similar to Hero's critical hit. Much like Cloud's limit, doing this will cause your current buff to be removed prematurely, but the greatly powered up Smash attack makes it worth it.

We’ve yet to add a Golden Sun item to Infinite, and I feel like these guys are the perfect candidates. They are so freaking adorable and deserve to be recognized for their perfection. Plus, their silly designs might even give cereal mascot fans an incentive to finally play Golden Sun!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I've already submitted these guys for an assist trophy prompt in the past, but this might actually fit them a bit better.
Job 84 - Djinn (Golden Sun)

First, a brief history on why the Djinn are so important to Golden Sun.
Isaac first encounters a Venus Djinni (yes, the singular form of Djinn is Djinni. It weirds me out, too) upon first leaving his village to embark on his quest. From there you get a tutorial that showcases many of Golden Sun's central mechanics.

At this point, you realize that the Djinn are one of the aspects that really set Golden Sun apart from other RPGs. The Djinn's chief purpose is to act as stat buffs to the player. Depending on the combination of Djinn set to your character, different buffs will be in effect. Having all Mercury Djinn grants Isaac with water based attacks and healing spells, while equipping Isaac with both Jupiter and Mars Djinn will grant him a full on samurai moveset. Experimenting with different Djinn combinations allows you to completely change the class of your character, allowing for loads of gameplay options.

Additionally, the Djinn have an effect where they can be "unleashed" on the opponent, removing their stat buff, but dealing great damage in the process. Then after a short cooldown, they can be summoned again allowing for ultra powerful attacks. That's where attacks like this come from:

On top of all of their gameplay attributes, the Djinn also act as the game's primary collectible. Almost every town or dungeon in the game contains at least one Djinni for the player to obtain. Collecting all of them has plenty of incentive, as they are not only fun to find and collect, but they actually grant vital in-game bonuses, so even those who aren't normally completionists will still have a good reason to catch 'em all.
In Smash, all four types of Djinn (Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Mercury) would have a chance to appear. Once they appear on stage, they can behave a few different ways. Normally they’ll stand idly by swaying back and forth waiting to be obtained, sometimes they’ll hop around aimlessly, and occasionally they will outright run away from the player.

Once obtained, they will be “set” to the player leading to a short animation.

Depending on the Djinni obtained, a different effect will be put in place. A Venus Djinni (brown) will raise the player’s defense, Mars (red) will buff the player’s damage output, Mercury (blue) will increase the player’s speed, and Jupiter (purple) will increase the player’s jump height. This effect will be active for twenty seconds before disappearing.

However, if the player uses a Smash attack before the twenty seconds are up, the Djinni will be “unleashed.” This will greatly increase the damage and knockback of said Smash attack, accompanied by an animation and sound effect similar to Hero's critical hit. Much like Cloud's limit, doing this will cause your current buff to be removed prematurely, but the greatly powered up Smash attack makes it worth it.

We’ve yet to add a Golden Sun item to Infinite, and I feel like these guys are the perfect candidates. They are so freaking adorable and deserve to be recognized for their perfection. Plus, their silly designs might even give cereal mascot fans an incentive to finally play Golden Sun!
I do want to mention that Djinn were voted to be included in the Venus Lighthouse as summons much like Midgard.

Therefore, Djinn are technically ineligible as they are a stage element.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I do want to mention that Djinn were voted to be included in the Venus Lighthouse as summons much like Midgard.

Therefore, Djinn are technically ineligible as they are a stage element.
I am heartbroken.

But fair enough.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Krookodilian Krookodilian Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku

Got a question in regards to the current item job. Can the character be spawned from the item (kinda like an assist/Pokeball) or does the character absolutely have to be the item? Because I got a crazy idea, but whether or not the character would work like that is a little on the iffy side. The character is both simultaneously inside the object and the object at the same time..?

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Krookodilian Krookodilian Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku

Got a question in regards to the current item job. Can the character be spawned from the item (kinda like an assist/Pokeball) or does the character absolutely have to be the item? Because I got a crazy idea, but whether or not the character would work like that is a little on the iffy side. The character is both simultaneously inside the object and the object at the same time..?
Hard to say without knowing what your exact idea is, but I think it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom