• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I've been counting all the votes for fun this time and it seems like the top 5 at the moment are

Ayumi = Takamaru > Porky > Sukapon = Black Shadow.

I have a feeling Ayumi might win which brings up an interesting scenario of making a moveset for a character that a lot of maybe haven't played? Well that would be the case except that FDC is getting remade and it's coming out this May, which I'll be sure to pick up. I may have to abstain from making a moveset for her as much as I love making movesets because it seems like a very story driven experience and I don't want to spoil myself while "resarching" her character. Takamaru might be easier to develop for however since that's a game I'm sure you could probably enjoy even without being in English.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I've been counting all the votes for fun this time and it seems like the top 5 at the moment are

Ayumi = Takamaru > Porky > Sukapon = Black Shadow.

I have a feeling Ayumi might win which brings up an interesting scenario of making a moveset for a character that a lot of maybe haven't played? Well that would be the case except that FDC is getting remade and it's coming out this May, which I'll be sure to pick up. I may have to abstain from making a moveset for her as much as I love making movesets because it seems like a very story driven experience and I don't want to spoil myself while "resarching" her character. Takamaru might be easier to develop for however since that's a game I'm sure you could probably enjoy even without being in English.
The Super Famicom remake of Famicom Detective Club Part II has a well-done English fan translation by Clyde Mandelin, the Funimation translator who did the Mother 3 fan translation and runs the Legends of Localization blog. While obviously thoughts on the morality of emulation vary from vary person to person, it does provide a method for English-speakers to experience Famicom Detective Club.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Here are the following results of our newcomer submission round! From now on, we will begin voting which one to choose! This is a ranked voting as usual but, unlike previously, you may vote for your own submission for your second or third place choices. The first place choice (3 pointer) must be someone else’s submission.

Donkey Kong Jr @PeridotGX
Foreman Spike @Otoad64
Porky Minch Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Black Shadow @BowserKing
Takamaru @Yiptap
Virtual Boy Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Sheriff Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Ayumi Tachibana cashregister9 cashregister9
Lip @Krookodilian
Mach Rider Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Captain N C chocolatejr9
Mike Jones GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Sukapon @Speed Weed
Star Man Jomosensual Jomosensual
Muddy Mole @Wario Wario Wario
Cubivore @ahemtoday
What happened to excitebiker?

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
The Super Famicom remake of Famicom Detective Club Part II has a well-done English fan translation by Clyde Mandelin, the Funimation translator who did the Mother 3 fan translation and runs the Legends of Localization blog. While obviously thoughts on the morality of emulation vary from vary person to person, it does provide a method for English-speakers to experience Famicom Detective Club.
As expected, most popular Japanese games for being stuck in Japan usually get fan translations. Still I'll be waiting for the remake to come out as it looks like a pretty impressive game what with the redone art and motion. I could use a good mystery VN to tide me over until another Ace Attorney comes along.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Wasn't gonna vote for my own anyways, so here's my votes.
1. Lip (I love Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon so dang much, any kind of Smash representation would be great)
2. Mike Jones (he seems cool is all)
3. Captain N (It would be hilarious to see the Captain N renditions of classic Nintendo characters in Smash)

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Seems like Venus forgot to include Excitebiker. If you still want to vote for him, feel free to do so.

Me and Krook do the tallying, so if you want to alter your votes just tag either me or him in a post with your new character picks. If you edit your votes we won't get notified and as such, your new votes won't be taken into account.

Also, my votes:
  1. Takamaru (I've been playing a lot of Samurai Shodown lately and I want a Samurai - as simple as that)
  2. Excitebiker (a character constantly riding a Motorcycle seems like a fun concept)
  3. Captain N (I do kinda want to see what people can come up with for him, I'm a bit intrigued)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This is another one of those categories where I wish we could just add everyone. Goes to show how great Nintendo's library is when you start digging deep. However I'm gonna put my developer goggles on, and not just vote for my 3 favorites.

For one, I'm not voting for Ayumi because while she is retro-feeling, her new games make it so that she actually has a chance of getting in in a different category, or even in real Ultimate, and I'd rather vote for characters that won't get another shot like this. As for Andy, I can't bring myself to see him as retro so he's out too. And being spoiled for choices, I think not voting for my own is the gentlemanly thing to do. That mercifully takes out three characters I love and support and limits my options. Thus, my votes are:

1. Lip
I figured I should only vote for one Japanese-only character given their historical unlikelihood. This was mainly between her and Takamaru, as Sukapon never saw his game get an international release. It was a tough choice as Takamaru's awesome and has great moveset potential, but ultimately Lip adds a new genre to Smash and continues our great streak of adding female characters. And she'd also be the first retro rep to hail from a console after the NES.
2. Mach Rider
A badass character that gives us a lot of leeway to get creative, both in terms of moveset and stage. And I can't not vote for a member of the Grinch leak.
3. Sheriff
Sheriff would be the oldest character in Smash, and I think he's considered Nintendo's first actual character, so he'd be a deep cut that's just the kind of character Smash would surprise the fans with yet make sense in hindsight. Plus, cowboys are cool.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
  1. Takamaru, for how fun it would be to develop the moveset, since the retro nature means we can pull a Captain Falcon on him
  2. Ayumi, for the unique status of being planned as far back as Smash 64
  3. Mach Rider, for similar reasons as Takamaru
Had to think a little regarding Ayumi and Takamaru. It was either the legacy behind them, or what we could do with the movesets.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I'll probably Captain Falcon some moves for Ayumi or Takamaru (they look like the top contenders but I'm in class so I can't count any further, I can borrow a lot from my Phoenix Wright moveset for Ayumi) but I probably won't write any taunts or dialogue because I feel like only someone who knows more specifics about each character should make any specific character aesthetics like dialogue and animations.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Everyone saying we can pull a Captain Falcon on Takamaru when we could do the same to all of them including Ayumi lol, I think Ayumi is the closest since Takamaru at least has an attack animation where Falcon is just a portrait or never to be seen only in his car.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Everyone saying we can pull a Captain Falcon on Takamaru when we could do the same to all of them including Ayumi lol
In theory, yes. However, samurai. Therefore, everyone goes for Takamaru because he's a %$#@ing samurai and we want an epic samurai OC for the sake of Smash who pulls out epic samurai moves.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Everyone saying we can pull a Captain Falcon on Takamaru when we could do the same to all of them including Ayumi lol
Honestly if it wasn't for Mother 3, Porky literally has only one attack to pull from in EarthBound where he spews gas. Out of the frontrunners for the poll, Sukapon actually seems to have the most moveset potential actually being from... a fighting game!!! I kinda want Sukapon in now, he'd be so goofy.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think it's worth pointing out that Andy and Balloon Fighter aren't on the list either in case anyone wanted to vote for them.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think it's worth pointing out that Andy and Balloon Fighter aren't on the list either in case anyone wanted to vote for them.
Forgot to mention that we concluded Andy in particular technically doesn't qualify due to not meeting the "no new release in 15+ years criteria" hence why he was omitted

Balloon Fighter however we seemed to have just glossed over and is fair game

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Just letting people know for safe measure that all submitted characters except for Andy are all fair game, that includes the ones that Venus might have missed like Balloon Fighter and Excitebiker.

Again, if you do end up updating your votes, be sure to let either me or Krook know in the Discord server in case of an edit or an entirely new post here on the thread containing your new votes while quoting your old votes. We apologize for the inconvenience ^^

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Excitebiker (I’ve always wanted this in Smash and the play style would be pretty interesting to see be included.)
2. Takamaru (An obvious front runner with tons of unique potential. I considered him a lock before Ultimate)
1. Captain N (This would be pretty nuts to see and I couldn’t even imagine what moveset he would have.)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Hey I was wondering, Can we have Terraria Spirits or enemies in this fan game thread

I mean if Cuphead, Tertis and other franchises could get spirit representation why not Terraria, I would be very interested in such a prospect

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Hey I was wondering, Can we have Terraria Spirits or enemies in this fan game thread

I mean if Cuphead, Tertis and other franchises could get spirit representation why not Terraria, I would be very interested in such a prospect
Venus has previously stated to be very cautious with spirit selection to give our project a sense for responsibility but this doesn't mean you can't submit stuff from that series. For example I made an "Impostors & Crewmates" spirit from Among Us. I specifically worded it so that there could still be a fighter down the line that would just be either Crewmate or Impostor similar to how Luigi appears in several spirits but never as just "Luigi" it's always some variation.

Additionally, I've noticed that there are several A Hat in Time spirits but no Hat Kid to be seen. This is a precaution in case we ever go for an indie rep and it ends up being Hat Kid. So if you for example wanted to add an Eye of Cthulhu spirit, you could have room to add a Terraria rep but if you added specifically a "Terrarian" spirit, you'd probably be locking in Terraria's chance for a fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom