• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Assist trophies:
1. Dan the Man Hibiki
2. Sir Arthur
3. Moon Rat

Mii Costume:
1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Guile
3. Captain Commando

Dr Mario:
Dr Mario Fever

Luigi:
Luigis Mansion main theme

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry, I couldn’t attend to this in time but we will be going with Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto gameplay analysis of Leon as it won by default. I also apologize if I fall behind in my duties. In less then a week, I will be leaving my home with my family and moving to America I stay with my parents. I’ve been busy selling, trashing, and giving away my stuff so it’s been quite a roller coaster and pretty busy. In fact, there may be a period where, next week, I will be missing in action as I travel.

Here are the results regarding voting for an Assist Trophy, Mii Costume, and Victory Theme.

by Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto

Ive decided to include two for both the Mii Fighter costumes as well as the Assist Trophy. My reasoning for doing so was because 1) We will probably add Mega Man related costumes like in past Smash games so why not include them now and 2) We can kill 2 birds with one Stone by including both a Street Fighter assist trophy plus a Capcom-related Assist Trophy

Mii Costume
Roll Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 22
Viewtiful Joe @cashregister9 28
Servbot Commander_Alph Commander_Alph 22
Frank West @GamingGryffindor 16
Sakura @Mushroomguy12 3
Astaroth @Perkikator 0
B.B. Hood @SmasherMaster12 8
Captain Commando Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 4
Guile Jomosensual Jomosensual 8

Assist Trophy
Frank West Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 2
Amaterasu @cashregister9 13
Nethigante @Mamboo07 2
Sissel Commander_Alph Commander_Alph 14
Elec Man BowserKing BowserKing 4
Dan Hibiki Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto 26
Phoenix Wright @GamingGryffindor 1
Morrigan @Mushroomguy12 21
Red Arremar @Perkilator 4
Deis @SmasherMaster 0
Sir Arthur Yiptap Yiptap Jomosensual Jomosensual 15
Ruby Heart Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 8
Giant Moon Rat Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 3

Victory Theme Voting

Luigi
Please vote for what you think is the best one. One vote
Level Clear @Janxu_uwu 2
Luigi’s Mansion Main Theme @Mushroomguy12 8
Luigi’s Mansion 1 Credits @ahemtoday 1

Dr. Mario
Please vote for what you think is the best one. One vote.
Stage Clear from Dr. Luigi @Perkilator 4
Dr. Mario Fever Theme Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 6

In regards to the two Mega Man related Mii Costumes, I will be conducting a poll at the top of the thread to decide which to go with: Roll or Servbot.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job 76: Please submit additional information for Leon Kennedy

Please submit the following information regarding Leon Kennedy.

On-Screen Appearance

Idle Poses

Taunts

Victory Animations

Kirby Hat

Crowd Cheer

Boxing Title

Classic Mode

Job #77: Submit a Master Class Spirit

Guidelines that are New are in blue

As we are including Spirits, please submit a new Master Class spirit of a character that has yet to be Spiritfied. Characters that were made a Spirit in Ultimate and DLC is eligible to be promoted to Master Class. New Spirits submitted fir Infinite are not eligible. This Spirit can be from any series including the Ultimate DLC series as well as those introduced in Infinite. Please take a look at our full list of current Spirits.

When submitting, please indicate:
  1. The Spirits name
  2. What series they belong to
  3. Debut game and date
  4. The Master Class Spirit’s function
  5. The facility they can be found at (if applicable)
  6. The Master Class Spirit battle (please follow the appropriate format including puppet fighter, type, class, stage, music, and conditions)
Finally, we will be including a new Master Class Spirit in addition to Job #77’s winning submission so two total. Our members, Krookodilian Krookodilian and Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto has been hard at work fleshing this Spirit out so I will let them explain more about it at their leisure.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Just for reference these are all the current Master Spirits and their functions.

Most series already have one, but some don't such as Yoshi, Kirby, Mother, Retro series, and all third parties except for the Capcom ones. As well as any DLC series and Infinite series.

And just so nobody else submits it, the Master Spirit Robotto and I have been working on is Professor Oak, which we created to fix a small problem that came up with the user submitted spirits.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Job 77

Master Spirit

Name - Morgana
Series - Persona
Debut Game/Date - Persona 5, September 15th, 2016
Ability - Dojo(Zoro Style) Increases jumps and movement speed, decreases power
I think it has to be a new one and Morgana is already a spirit

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Gouken (Street Fighter series)
Type: Master
Class: Ace
Puppet Fighter: :ultryu: (Black alt), :ultryu: (Default), :ultken: (Default)
Stage: Guar Plain (Omega form)
Music Track: Swan Lesson
Match: 1 stock, 100 HP (minions have 50 HP)
Conditions: Defeat the main fighter (:ultryu: Black alt) to win. Gravity is reduced.
Gouken
Series: Street Fighter
First Appearance: Street Fighter Alpha: Warrior's Dreams (June 5, 1995 in Japan)
Facility: Dojo
Teaches katsujinken-style (Increases defense, dodges, and projectiles. Decrease offense, jump height, and speed.)

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
The prompt seems to imply that any exist spirit is disqualified from being made into a master spirit. However, given that spirits could be submitted by anyone and weren’t voted on I think any spirit added for infinite should be fair game. I think Ultimate base game spirits probably shouldn’t be promoted since they were designed with the intent of being a non master spirit, but DLC spirits, like Morgana are fair game imo.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
So, considering that last time Master Spirit can only be acquired from WoL through spirit battle how can we get them now? I know it's not that important right now but considering this probably the only time we talk about Master Spirit I don't want to miss it.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
So, considering that last time Master Spirit can only be acquired from WoL through spirit battle how can we get them now? I know it's not that important right now but considering this probably the only time we talk about Master Spirit I don't want to miss it.
I assume it will be obtained in whatever we do for the story mode

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Professor Oak and the Laboratory
So as the spirit team was adding the spirits to the wiki, we came across a problem. A few spirits that had been submitted were support spirits which had enhanceable forms. However, in Smash Ultimate support spirits do not enhance, and would not be able to anyway, as they do not have levels. So, instead of cutting the enhanced forms, or switching the support spirits to primary spirits, we decided to design a new mechanic which allows for support spirits to have a second form called its "evolved form".

Support spirits with a second form, will have no skill, and will instead have a meter underneath them. When this meter is filled with enough points, the support spirit can be "evolved" into its second form. Once the spirit is evolved, the base spirit will be removed from your inventory. Novice spirits will take 10 points to evolve, Advanced spirits will take 15 points to evolve, and Ace spirits will take 20 points to evolve. Legend spirits will be unable to evolve, since there is no higher class to evolve into. A point will be awarded for every star in a spirit battle which the spirit is used in, so Legend battles will give 4 points, and Novice battles will give 1 point for example.

This is where Oak's new facility comes into play. Since evolving all of the support spirits would take quite a while and would ultimately be quite grindy, Oak's facility, "the Laboratory" is meant to assist with the process of evolving your support spirits. Similar to the Dojo facility, evolvable support spirits can be left here, and their meter will fill up automatically over time.

Credit to Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto for assisting in the process of coming up with this spirit

Also, this wasn't mentioned in the prompt but all master spirits have spirit battles. Please submit one with your submission so we can include it as a regular spirit if it does not get voted on as the master spirit. Since Morgana and Professor Pac-Man already have spirit battles, spirit battles don't need to be added into their submissions.

321px-FireRed_LeafGreen_Professor_Oak.png
Professor Oak (Pokémon Red & Green) (Artwork: Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen)
Class: Ace (Master spirits don't have a class, but the spirit battle will have a score around that of an ace spirit battle)
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin (Blue Male), Squirtle (Default), Ivysaur (Default), Charizard (Default)
  • Stage: Saffron City
  • Music Track: Road to Viridian City
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: Certain items will appear in large number (Poké Ball)
Name: Professor Oak
Series: Pokémon
Debut Game: Pokémon Red & Green (February 27, 1996)
Function: Fills up evolve meter in a new facility "The Laboratory"

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
By trying to fix this issue we've come out with a unique gameplay mechanic regarding Spirits, so I'm quite glad on that front.

We also encourage for people to submit "Evolvable" (we're using this word to differentiate Support from Enhanceable Primary Spirits lol) now. We also encourage people to use DLC fighters and new Infinite fighters for their Spirit Battles in the future. So submissions will be more varied, because well, we're nearing 2000 Spirits and it looks like we're not stopping any time soon.

Right now there's a Resident Evil Spirit Task going on, and it's pretty easy to submit both Evolvable and Enhanceable Spirits for that series as mutations and transformations run rampant in that franchise. On another note, the announcer of the next Spirit Theme will be announced on monday by Venus! May the gods of RNG be on your side.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Master Spirit: Llama and Traveling Trader
Series from: Minecraft
Llama added in 1.11 update
What they do: they are shopkeepers in an area called Traveling Trader’s Trading Post. They sell spirits from Minecraft, along with spirits based of plants and marine animals, along with spirit snacks (usually small or medium)

They are fought as a Neutral Advanced
Spirit Battle: Crash Bandicoot (Brown Costume) and :ultvillager: (Blue Costume)
Rules: The enemy starts with a Pokéball Pokémon (summons Gogoat)
The enemy starts with a ray gun (represents the Llama’s spit)
Arena: Minecraft World (Savannah)
OST: Glide

If it can’t be a Master Spirit, then it could be a Neutral Advanced Support That will increase your speed

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 77

Master Spirit: Gearmo
Series: Drill Dozer
Dojo: Red Dozer truck
Dojo Style: Robo Style

Increases:
Weight
Physical attack power
Shield size

Decreases:
Jump height
Speed
Projectile power

Battle:
Song: Art Museum
Stage: Big Blue
Opponents: Wendy, Ness (blue), Waluigi (green), Captain Falcon
Rules: Drill items spawn often

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry, once again I wasn’t thinking.

In regards to the Spiritfied rule, characters that were made a Spirit in Ultimate and DLC is eligible to be promoted to Master Class. New Spirits submitted fir Infinite are not eligible.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job 77

Master Spirit

Name - Morgana
Series - Persona
Debut Game/Date - Persona 5, September 15th, 2016
Ability - Dojo(Zoro Style) Increases jumps and movement speed, decreases power
MASTER SPIRIT: Professor Pac-Man

Series: Pac-Man
First Appearance: Professor Pac-Man (August 12, 1983)
Type: Dojo-Student Style (increases speed and defense, decreases offense)
Master Spirit: Llama and Traveling Trader
Series from: Minecraft
Llama added in 1.11 update
What they do: they are shopkeepers in an area called Traveling Trader’s Trading Post. They sell spirits from Minecraft, along with spirits based of plants and marine animals, along with spirit snacks (usually small or medium)

They are fought as a Neutral Advanced
Spirit Battle: Crash Bandicoot (Brown Costume) and :ultvillager: (Blue Costume)
Rules: The enemy starts with a Pokéball Pokémon (summons Gogoat)
The enemy starts with a ray gun (represents the Llama’s spit)
Arena: Minecraft World (Savannah)
OST: Glide
Job 77

Master Spirit: Gearmo
Series: Drill Dozer
Dojo: Red Dozer truck
Dojo Style: Robo Style

Increases:
Weight
Physical attack power
Shield size

Decreases:
Jump height
Speed
Projectile power

Battle:
Song: Art Museum
Stage: Big Blue
Opponents: Wendy, Ness (blue), Waluigi (green), Captain Falcon
Rules: Drill items spawn often
I changed the guidelines for Master Spirits so please take a look. If you want to change the Spirit submission, please feel free to.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Job 77: Goombella

Series: Mario
Debut Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

This master spirit wouldn't be a dojo, exploration, or shop. This would be a brand new facility, which I will call...
The Tattle Library!!!
My biggest gripe with Ultimate's spirits was the fact that the spirits didn't have those descriptions that the trophies had. When you go to the Tattle Library, Goombella will be there to greet you. You select a spirit to give her, where she will analyze that spirit. She would then provide you with a description of the spirit, exactly the same as the trophy descriptions in former Smash Bros games. After she explains the description, she will say something about the spirit, just like the tattles in the classic Paper Mario games. Unlike the dojos, exploration, and gym, the Tattle Library happens immediately, so you won't have to wait 2 hours just for a description. Now for the battle...
Song: Paper Mario Main Theme
Stage: Delfino Plaza
Opponents: Kirby (Orange Alt)
Conditions: The opponent taunts often, The opponent favors down air

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

This master spirit wouldn't be a dojo, exploration, or shop. This would be a brand new facility, which I will call...
The Tattle Library!!!
My biggest gripe with Ultimate's spirits was the fact that the spirits didn't have those descriptions that the trophies had. When you go to the Tattle Library, Goombella will be there to greet you. You select a spirit to give her, where she will analyze that spirit. She would then provide you with a description of the spirit, exactly the same as the trophy descriptions in former Smash Bros games. After she explains the description, she will say something about the spirit, just like the tattles in the classic Paper Mario games. Unlike the dojos, exploration, and gym, the Tattle Library happens immediately, so you won't have to wait 2 hours just for a description. Now for the battle...
I dont think Mario was one we needed, unless we xan somehow work this into a yoshi rep

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
off topic, but one oddity I'm worried about: If we're assuming everything comes back, and that ATs cannot be upgraded as DLC (as previously stated), doesn't that mean that we can only submit characters who are ATs in the base game?
Assist Trophy characters from previous titles can be upgraded into playable form before we finish our start roster and launch the game. Once that happens, all prior content is considered locked in. That being said, submitted content like Assist Trophies for Infinite can’t be upgraded. I know that sounds hypocritical but it’s to ensure those submissions, which someone took time to create remains intact.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Gouken (Street Fighter series)
Class: Ace
Puppet Fighter: :ultryu: (Black alt), :ultryu: (Default), :ultken: (Default)
Stage: Guar Plain (Omega form)
Music Track: Swan Lesson
Match: 1 stock, 100 HP (minions have 50 HP)
Conditions: Defeat the main fighter (:ultryu: Black alt) to win. Gravity is reduced.
Gouken
Series: Street Fighter
First Appearance: Street Fighter Alpha: Warrior's Dreams (June 5, 1995 in Japan)
Facility: Dojo
Teaches katsujinken-style (Increases defense, dodges, and projectiles. Decrease offense, jump height, and speed.)
Fixed my Master Spirit submission.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace

The Tattle Library!!!
Keep in mind that if this one wins ... we actually have to write close to 2000 descriptions for our spirits lol. Even if we rip the ones from that one spirit description website, we have hundreds of our own spirits which we can’t do that for. So just be cognizant of this when voting I guess.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Keep in mind that if this one wins ... we actually have to write close to 2000 descriptions for our spirits lol. Even if we rip the ones from that one spirit description website, we have hundreds of our own spirits which we can’t do that for. So just be cognizant of this when voting I guess.
If that's the case, then screw my submission. I don't want my submission to waste the time of people trying to submit spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom