• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, since I kept mentioning the Satteleview throughout all of this, may as well try one more time:

New Zelda Spinoff: The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets Remake (tentative title)

As the name implies, this game is a remake of one of the two Sattelleview games released based on Zelda. Unlike the other one, which was basically just the original Zelda, Ancient Stone Tablets is notable for having an original story. Set six years after the events of A Link to the Past, it follows the main character (an avatar created by the player) as they are mysteriously transported to the Land of Hyrule. Where they learn that Ganon will soon be revived once more. However, with Link away on another adventure, it is up to the player to assume the mantle of Hero of Light and defeat the Demon King in his stead. Like the original, this remake will be a 2D Zelda heavily inspired by A Link to the Past, though being a remake, some aspects will be changed to accomodate modern advancements to the series, similar to the Link's Awakening remake.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, since I kept mentioning the Satteleview throughout all of this, may as well try one more time:

New Zelda Spinoff: The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets Remake (tentative title)

As the name implies, this game is a remake of one of the two Sattelleview games released based on Zelda. Unlike the other one, which was basically just the original Zelda, Ancient Stone Tablets is notable for having an original story. Set six years after the events of A Link to the Past, it follows the main character (an avatar created by the player) as they are mysteriously transported to the Land of Hyrule. Where they learn that Ganon will soon be revived once more. However, with Link away on another adventure, it is up to the player to assume the mantle of Hero of Light and defeat the Demon King in his stead. Like the original, this remake will be a 2D Zelda heavily inspired by A Link to the Past, though being a remake, some aspects will be changed to accomodate modern advancements to the series, similar to the Link's Awakening remake.
We aren't really shooting for remakes, more so fully fledged games that could possibly create a spin-off franchise while utilizing the expansive world of LoZ. I am sorry but Satteleview Zelda remake wouldn't be eligible.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Why am I so BAD at this?
I would like to wrap this up as quickly as possible (mostly because I don't have a lot of freetime to do so). I know nothing about the Satelliview games but, from what I read, this would more or less be a HD remake of one of the games? How is it a spinoff? Unless you mean a remake of a spinoff based on the current technology back then?

Also, would you be able to justify having Aonuma taking time to hype up a remake for the Satelliview game? Like I said, I never heard of them before but would their HD remake being hype-worthy to include in a Direct and introduced by AOnuma himself while being connected to Smash Infinite?

If you intend this to be an HD remake, perhaps its better left to save it for a remake submission prompt (something I do have planned for in the future).

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I would like to wrap this up as quickly as possible (mostly because I don't have a lot of freetime to do so). I know nothing about the Satelliview games but, from what I read, this would more or less be a HD remake of one of the games? How is it a spinoff? Unless you mean a remake of a spinoff based on the current technology back then?

Also, would you be able to justify having Aonuma taking time to hype up a remake for the Satelliview game? Like I said, I never heard of them before but would their HD remake being hype-worthy to include in a Direct and introduced by AOnuma himself while being connected to Smash Infinite?

If you intend this to be an HD remake, perhaps its better left to save it for a remake submission prompt (something I do have planned for in the future).
Yeah, a remake of a spinoff made with modern technology. And honestly, considering Aonuma thought stuff like Skyward Sword HD and Game & Watch Zelda were worth hyping up (no offense to those games), I wouldn't be TOO surprised if he thought a remake of a Satteleview game was hype-worthy. That's probably just me, though...

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, a remake of a spinoff made with modern technology. And honestly, considering Aonuma thought stuff like Skyward Sword HD and Game & Watch Zelda were worth hyping up (no offense to those games), I wouldn't be TOO surprised if he thought a remake of a Satteleview game was hype-worthy. That's probably just me, though...
I do like the idea but let's save it for when we end up doing our remake submissions! I am interested in more about it; especially since I never heard of it until now.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the submissions for our upcoming Zelda spin-off game series! This game will be announced within the same Direct as the Marin announcement and will be the sole Zelda game to appear within the Direct. It will be revealed by Eiji Ounuma along with gameplay and footage narrated by him as he explains the development process and game.

Spin-Off: Super Zelda Platformer
A satirical take on the Zelda universe in a Mario-esque 2D platforming format, told within the meta-narriative of the true stories of the Zelda universe being retold billions of years later in a mangled, composited, and Disneyfied state. It is not a Metroidvania and defines itself off a variety of consumable/non-permanent weapons as well as Link's one permenant ability: sticking his sword into walls to fling off it like Pokio in Mario Odyssey.
Job 138

Spin-Off: Paper Zelda

Genre: RPG

A take on Zelda based on the earlier Paper Mario games. Combat would involve the same system as the N64 and Gamecube titles of Paper Mario, with HP, an FP equivalent, a BP equivalent, and a Star Point (EXP) equivalent. The story would be organized into chapters like Paper Mario as well. Much like how Mario teamed up with unique characters of the Goomba, Koopa, Bob-omb, Boo, and etc. traditional Mario species, as well as original species, this title has a Paper Link traversing Hyrule with a band of partners composed of unique characters of different traditional Zelda races, such as Gorons, Gerudos, Ritos, Zoras, and Sheikahs, as well as possible new species. Additional Paper gimmicks such as those seen in the Paper Mario series's various titles, both old and new, will be used to enhance gameplay and provide interesting puzzles. The obvious differences from Paper Mario to Paper Zelda would be there, rupees would replace coins, etc.

Playable Zelda would be there somewhere much like Peach was playable in the first 3 Paper Mario games, whether she would be playable in only intermissions like Peach was in the first two games or be a full party member like Peach was in Super is something I haven't figured out yet, but I'm OK with that going either way as long as she's playable in some form.
Triforce Tourney

This is Zelda's answer to Pokken, developed by Bandai-Namco this would be a Hybrid 3d-2d Fighting game (Like Pokken). The trailer would start with Link and Ganon Facing off they both have original designs, they would fight showing off the gameplay and then they would reveal the unique mechanics. Items, Each character can equip a single multi-use item before the battle. Link would use the bomb item to deal extra damage to ganon while ganon uses a Hookshot to grab link towards him. That part ends with Link and Ganon using their special moves before cutting to a good chunk of Gameplay snippets seeing characters like Zelda and Ghirahim fighting on the Great Plateau and other small snippets seeing characters and stages like Tetra and Koholint. the trailer ends with 6 characters,Link, Ganon, Zelda, Ghirahim, Tetra, Marin, Circling an original character who will be seen in the full game before cutting to a vague "Coming Soon"
Spin-Off Title:

The Legend of Zelda: Verdant Rebels
In this newest entry in the Legend of Zelda spin-off line-up, Link awakens one day to find he has been whisked away from Hyrule and into the distant land of Resilira, which is conquered by a crazy mad scientist by the name of Morii Gan. Resilira has divided Resilira into 3 sections, each representing an aspect of the Sanryoku, Resilira's attempt to replicate the Triforce.

Verdant Rebels is a real-time strategy game akin to Pikmin where Link leads an army, the Verdant Rebels, to liberate Resilira, bit by bit. You explore each segment of the kingdom, exploring cities for resources while pushing back Morii Gan's own forces. The many items, such as Bombs, the Hookshot, and the Bow, as well as the environmental puzzles you've come to love and familiarize yourself with in the Zelda series, are all there for your enjoyment. Link himself is directly controlled, but he can also command his platoon to set up objectives, push back troops, and claim points of strategic import, all the while you explore the town and find rupees, items, and perhaps more rebels to join your cause.

The maps are free-form and organic, much like in Breath of the Wild or Age of Calamity, but now you have the ability to directly command your troops, which can be assigned roles by being given specific items. When enough towns have been conquered, you can engage in a Siege, where you can lead your troops to liberate fortresses and bolster your troops even higher. Bosses built around how you command your platoon are also present, and you must take advantage of both your own abilities as a warrior and your abilities as a tactician to bring down the boss.
Legend of Zelda Spin-Off Game to appear in our August Nintendo Direct

The Legend of Zelda: March of Beasts

In this new direction for the series, play as a cunning beastmaster who leads an army of classic Zelda monsters to either defend Hyrule from the forces of evil, ally with the darkness, or undermine both to make yourself master of the land--your choices dictate the story and the progression of the war!

March of Beasts is a strategy/action game with pet sim elements. You raise an army of Bokoblins, Octoroks, Moblins, Lynels, and much more to command against enemy forces. Each side takes turns and moves all their troops at once, and when a unit reaches an enemy, the two duel in real-time action combat until one dies--each monster has its own stats and abilities. You can tip the odds in your favor by landing surprise attacks for bonus damage, using weaponry and items to strengthen your forces, and finding ways to utilize and alter terrain in the strategy phase. Outside of battles, you can train and bond with your monsters to strengthen them, and find more monsters through sidequests and bonus missions.

On top of all that, you get to face off with reimagined versions of classic Zelda characters in a new world combining elements from the series's history. You can do battle with Link, Zelda, Impa, Ganondorf, Skull Kid, Marin, Midna, Tetra, and more--and depending on what path you take, you could even get to fight alongside them!
The Legend of Zelda: Tower of the Gods

Somewhere in Hyrule‘s Future, every boy of the age of 12 is thrown in the Tower of Gods by the Helmaroc King, a vertical maze dungeon built to discover if the Hero’s Spirit has returned to the lands. A combination of a platform fighter, a dungeon rogue-like and a Metroidvania, Link must puzzle, fight and explore his way through the Tower to defeat the Helmaroc King perched at the top.
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Wars
The allure of the Triforce is certainly a strong and powerful desire; a power granted by the goddesses themselves. If one holds the Triforce; one holds the power. In what started as a power grab started by the genocidal Ganondorf resulted in a massive war between the forces of light and darkness. Harvest resources, build your bases, amass the armies, and seize the Triforce for your own in this epic and fantastical real-time strategy game in a joint project by Nintendo and Petroglyph Games, Inc, a studio composed of staff from Westwood Studios; the now defunct studio who brought Command & Conquer to the world. Nintendo had considered contracting Activision-Blizzard for the joint project due to their success in the Warcraft and Starcraft series but dropped them due to ongoing controversy with the company.

The game has both a Story/Campaign Mode, Battle Mode, Model Viewer Mode, Map Creator, and Campaign Creator. Each mode is geared to providing players with an unique and epic experience. Jump into the Campaign Mode and take part in a massive civil war within Hyrule where Ganondorf attempts to seize the Triforce for himself. Just as the forces of light looks to win the final confrontation, Ganondorf uses ancient magic to pull meld with other timelines and gains allies such as Ganon’s Malice, Forces of Demise, and Majora’s Minions. Can the forces of light tap into this magic and draw forth heroes and allies from the other timelines? Take sides with the forces of light or darkness in this non-canonical alternative reality of Hyrule at war.

Will you take command of the forces of Hyrule complete with their trained soldiers, knights, war machines, and heroes such as the King, Zelda, Link, and Marin? They command great strength but expend massive amount of resources. How about the Sheikah, skilled in the arts of subterfuge and reconnaissance? Enlist the forces of Sheik, Impa, and Purrah to enact devastation through espionage and technology. Or how about the Ruto, Goron, Zora, Gerudo, Kokiri, or even the Purified Twilit? Each one has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, buildings, units, and heroes. In particular, the Gerudo. Zora, Ruto, and Goron also have access to the Divine Beasts.

Or will you aid Ganondorf and the forces of Darkness? Take control of the Ganondorf’s Armies with heroes such as King Dodonga and Bongo-Bongo. The Forces of Demise with units like Remlits, Cursed Bokoblin, and Pyrup. How about the Cursed Twilit with Zant and Shadow Beasts at the helm? Even Skull Kid joins in the fun with Majora’s Forces joining the fight. Heroes within the forces of darkness factions includes both main heroes like Skull Kid and Zant as well as those who were encountered as bosses such as Odolwa, Argorok, Koloktos, and even the Ganon Blights.

In Battle Mode, pick between the following forces and a map of your choosing! Each faction has its own set of units, buildings, gimmicks, and Heroes. Some content has been pulled from the games itself while others was created for the sole purpose for LoZ: TW along with Eiji Aonuma providing assistance. Examples includes the Goron Cannonballers (massive war machine which fires curled of Gorons to break down buildings) and the Shiekah Spymaster (a special unit who enters into buildings to syphon resources from them).

• Kingdom of Hyrule
    • Heroes
      • Link
      • King Rhoam
      • Princess Zelda
      • Happy Mask Salesman
      • Postman
      • Rusl
      • Marin
  • Zora Kingdom
    • Princess Ruto
    • King Zora
    • Lulu
    • Zora Link
    • Ralis
    • Mipha
    • Sidon
    • King Dorephon
    • Van Ruta
  • Shiekah Enclave
    • Sheik
    • Impa
    • Impa (Age of Calamity)
    • Purrah
    • Robbie
    • Guardian (Light)
    • Monk Kaz Koshia
  • Goron City
    • Darunia
    • Big Goron
    • Goron Link
    • Gor Coron
    • Dangoro
    • Gorko
    • Daruk
    • Bah Rudania
    • Yunobo
  • The Rito
    • Medli
    • Valoo
    • Revali
    • Teba
    • Harth
    • Vah Medoh
  • Gerudo Tribe
    • Nabooru
    • Aveil
    • Urbosa
    • Riju
    • Buliara
    • Vah Norboris
  • The Kokiri
    • Saria
    • Great Deku Tree
    • Mido
    • Fado
  • Skyloft Aces
    • Gaepora
    • Horwell
    • Groose
    • Batreux
    • Gondo
  • Purified Twili
    • Midna (Imp)
    • Midna (Twili)
  • Ganondorf’s Armies
    • Ganondorf
    • King Dodongo
    • Volvagia
    • Bongo-Bongo
    • Twinrova
    • Phantom Ganon
    • Morpheel
  • Forces of Demise
    • Demise
    • Ghirahim
    • Magmanos
    • The Imprisoned
    • Koloktos
    • Scaldera
  • Ganon’s Malice
    • Calamity Ganon
    • Fireblight Ganon
    • Thunderblight Ganon
    • Waterblight Ganon
    • Windblight Ganon
    • Hinox
  • Majora’s Minions
    • Skull Kid
    • Majora’s Wrath
    • Majora’s Incarnation
    • Odolwa
    • Goht
    • Twinmold
  • Forsaken Fortress
    • Toon Ganondorf
    • Helmroc King
    • Jalhalla
    • Kale Demos
    • Big Octo
    • Puppet Ganon
Several maps that players can wage massive wars on include:
  • Hyrule Field (OoT and TP)
  • Termina Field
  • Lanaryu Desert
  • Death Mountain
  • Sora’s Domain
  • Clock Town
  • Skyloft
  • Ordon Village
  • Castle Town
and more!

Take part in the action, build up an army, and claim the Triforce as your own in this action packed game!
The Legend of Zelda: Make Some Rupees! (Working Title)

This visual novel/traditional-Zelda game takes place near Lake Hylia, not in any specific point in the Zelda timeline, so that you get dozens of different characters from across the Zelda franchise. You are a shopkeeper, who is trying to make ends meet by selling various items from throughout the Zelda series. The game takes place in a first person perspective similar to Coffee Talk-which is fitting, since Toge Productions will be partnering with Nintendo on this project, similarly to Sonic Mania or, a more fitting example, Cadence of Hyrule. Customers of all different races from the far corners of Hyrule, original characters as well as familiar ones will enter and order either items. I'll get on to the items and how you get them soon. While customers won't always spark up conversation, some will, and you will have dialogue options to interact with them. Often times, characters will order food (almost all of said food options coming from BotW) and sit down at a table to eat-which you will get more of as time goes on, as well as somewhat fancier and sturdier tables. By using the Lens of Truth, which you recieve early on in the game, you can eavesdrop on conversations for interesting side stories-but most of the important-to-the-narrative stories will come from customers who stand at the front table, conversing with you or others while they wait for their items or even after. It's really just the kind of game you can simply enjoy with its aesthetically pleasing pixelated graphics and its downtempo remixes of beloved Zelda songs. There's romance plot points, there's a Goron who's struggling to write his book, there's competing shopkeepers who come to scope the competition, you get the idea.
But to make it feel more familiar to Zelda fans, and to add an interesting second layer on the visual novel stuff, after a full day of work, or whenever you want, the shopkeeper-who you get to choose the race and gender of, but is forced to be Hylian for plot purposes-ventures out in a top-down 2D Zelda perspective, with controls very familiar to what you know from those games. You play on what is essentially a very downsized version of BotW's map, searching for ingredients and items to use and sell. There's mini boss fights and colorful characters to encounter, and you can even carry on plot points from inside your shop outside if you encounter the same characters from before. You will be forced to leave the shop if monsters are noticed outside, and you'll be forced to go back into your shop if it gets too late.

This never-before-seen kind of Zelda game allows longtime fans to become fully immersed within the fantastic world of Hyrule, getting to meet and converse with both original characters and returning ones-some iconic, some obscure.
Triforce Duels

Nintendo is teaming up with Arc System Works to deliver the newest cutting-edge 2D fighting game in the market. Made within the style of Guilty Gear Strive, a fighting game based on the Legend of Zelda series hits the Nintendo Switch 2 [Tentative Name]!

The visuals may be taking heavy inspiration from Guilty Gear Strive, but the gameplay has its own mechanics to offer. This fighter is a 5-button tag-team-based fighter, with everyone in the cast making use of a Light Attack, Medium Attack, Heavy Attack, Item Attack and a Assist Button. The reasoning for it being a 5-button one, is so that all buttons would be easily accessible and comfortable on a normal controller. As this game is designed to cater to Nintendo fans that might have never touched a fighting game in their life, it features simplistic mechanics like autocombos, albeit they deal less damage than normal full-fledged combos, and fast-paced battle. Now let me please explain to you what these buttons do, and what the mechanics are.

Mechanics:
  • Airdash: Yes, this game is developed by Arc System Works, so of course this game is going to be an airdash fighter. Tap forward or back 2 times in the air to airdash in that direction! Though most of the heavier characters do lack them.
  • Hylian Meter: The Hylian Meter would work as any good old Fighting Game meter. The more you attack or approach your opponent, the more it fills up! Blocking attacks will also fill up the meter, but not as much as attacking. Consume 50% of your meter to use a Super Move! Compared to other fighting games, the Hylian Meter fills up a bit quicker, and does not carry over to the next round, so be sure to use it as much as you can!
  • Super Moves: Every character has 2 unique Super moves, and just like in Guilty Gear, they're accompanied with amazing top-notch visuals. Different characters have different ways to execute their super moves. Though they're all at the expense of 50% of your Hylian Meter.
  • Tag Team: This game would be a 2v2 fighter. Select 2 characters to form a team to battle your opponents!​
  • Items: The game offers items to use in battle. You'll be selecting these after picking your characters, everyone will be able to pick from the same items. You'll be picking one each for both fighters. More on how to activate them and what they'll do later. Be sure to choose your items carefully, as some might complement certain fighters better than others.
Normal Buttons:
  • Light Attack: This is the universal light button, your fastest normal moves (be they kicks or punches) come out of this one. They don't do much damage, but they are very safe. Tapping L, L, L, L would execute a basic weak autocombo.
  • Medium Attack: The universal Medium Attack. As the name implies, they deal medium damage, cover medium range and are average in speed. Tapping M, M, M, M would execute a autocombo that ends with a Super if you have enough meter. Though as it's used in an autocombo, the damage is reduced.​
  • Heavy Attack: These are the heavy attacks, very slow but deal the most damage out of all normal buttons. They are the slowest normal attacks and deal the most range. These don't initiate an autocombo. Executing a heavy attack while crouching delivers a universal anti-air.
  • Item Attack: Before the match, you're able to select a specific item. By just tapping the Item Attack button in-game, you'll be using that certain item. For example, if you have the Fire Rod Item equipped (on whichever character) and normally tap it, you'd just be firing a slow weak fireball. Not that amazing, has its use, though where they shine is if you input a quarter-circle before tapping the Item Attack button. 50% of your Hylian Meter would be consumed for a Super Item Attack! In the case of the Fire Rod, quarter-circle forward would perform a big flamethrower, and quarter-circle backwards would perform a meteor. Some items are able to grab, and some are even able to give certain buffs. So choose wisely, as they are all vastly different from each other!​
  • Assist: Tapping this button would exchange the current fighter with your ally swiftly. By inputting either quarter-circle forward or backward before inputting the button, they'll be helping you out in your current battle with one of their super moves depending on the direction of the input, again at the expense of 50% from your Hylian Meter. If you keep holding the button after their move, the characters will switch.​

This fighting game would start out with a cast of 12 characters, 8 stages, 6 items and several modes. It will have 2 seasons of DLC. Characters would have an updated fresh look for this game, and the soundtrack would mostly be in various subgenres of rock and metal (so very guilty gear-like). I initially wanted to give a detailed description on all characters and items, but I feel like that'd be overdoing it for such a small job, and honestly I believe some speak for themselves. So I'll just let you, the reader, imagine what they'll be able to do lol.

Ganondorf

Impa

Darunia

Sheik

Skull Kid

Tingle

Hyrule Castle

Tal Tal Heights

View attachment 324624
Kokiri Forest

View attachment 324625
Ganon's Tower (Wind Waker)

View attachment 324627
Palace of Twilight

View attachment 324629
Skyloft

Gerudo Town

View attachment 324632

Pack 1Pack 2Pack 3Pack 4Pack 5
Character:
Groose

Item:
Beetle

View attachment 324645

Character:
Mipha

Stage:
Zora Domain

Character:
Agahnim

View attachment 324646

Item:
Power Glove

Character:
Linebeck

Stage:
Beedle's Shop Ship

Character:
Happy Mask Salesman

Item:
Mirror Shield

Pack 6Pack 7Pack 8 (Crossover Pack)Pack 9
Character:
Guardian

Stage:
The Great Plateau

Character:
Zant

Item:

Spinner

Character:
Takamaru

Stage:

Murasame's Castle

Character:
Monk Maz Koshia

Item:
Epona

Pack 10 (Free Pack)
Character:
Uncle Rupee

New Mode:
Treasure Chest Battle

An endless battle mode, different from the usual survival modes you find in Fighting Games.
Every battle won, grants the player 1 to 3 chests, which drops rupees or items for Customization.​
Hyrule Fantasy: Souls of Malice

FromSoftware, a developer most well known for games such as Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Elden Ring, are making a game in the universe of the Legend of Zelda series! This game takes place long before BoTW, but after the rest of the games. This game's antagonist is a new incarnation of Ganondorf, one who is doing research into malice. His fortress is coated in the substance, and if the precence of malice doesn't erode the spirit of anyone who tries to stop him, the beasts made of it will. Link must try to stop Ganondorf before his army of Malice is too powerful to stop.
Please use Google Forms to Vote

Job #139: Submit a First-Party Popular Echo Fighter

Joining Marin will be one more fighter for Smash Infinite and this one will be our first Echo Fighter since, well, Galacta Knight! This Echo Fighter will be a first party Echo Fighter who is frequently brought up by the Smash community as a potential Echo Fighter for Smash. This character would typically be included in discussion when centered around Echo Fighters and is a semi-common sight in future Smash fan rosters that has Echo Fighters. Sorry, 3rd Party characters aren't included (Even so, Shadow would be denied for being so close to Dr. Eggman since it's a third party franchise and appeared in two different directs theoretically). Kid Icarus, Splatoon, and Kirby are ineligible for Echo Fighters. The Legend of Zelda can have an Echo Fighter submission which may make sense given Marin was revealed but I will let the thread make the decision. This reveal will be shown shortly after Marin's followed by Sakurai briefly explaining absolute the two fighters in a three minute follow-up video. This character can be either a Richter-like Echo, a Dark Samus-like Echo, or a Ken-like Echo. It depewnds on who we vote for.

When submitting, please include:
  • The character and series
  • A picture
  • Who they are an Echo of
  • What kind of Echo are they? (Like Richter? Like Dark Samus? Like Chrom? Like Ken?)
  • Why they should be included

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
It's the man

It's the dude...

GOOIGI

They would be an Echo of Luigi, and they would be more in line with richter, They could be slipperier and has more wild animations. Gooigi would be a fun choice, It would represent the Luigi's mansion series a bit more and would give Luigi a cloned variation like Mario, and the hilarity would be fun to see.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job #139:
1627615819934.png

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong series):
She's a really...REALLY big candidate for a Diddie Kong Echo Fighter. While she does have a lot in her favor that would turn her into a semi-clone a la Isabelle or Luigi, Dixie has just as much of a following for her as an Echo Fighter, and after King K. Rool, more DK fans could be a little happier. She's a Chrom-level Echo Fighter where she uses majorly all the same things Diddy Kong uses, but her Up Special involves her ponytail instead of a jetpack, and she also has a Peach-style hover, as well!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's the man

It's the dude...

GOOIGI

They would be an Echo of Luigi, and they would be more in line with richter, They could be slipperier and has more wild animations. Gooigi would be a fun choice, It would represent the Luigi's mansion series a bit more and would give Luigi a cloned variation like Mario, and the hilarity would be fun to see.
So basically similar moves like Luigi in the same vein as Richter but with characterstics akin to a low gravity/less friction character like Mewtwo? That feels a bit like how we did Leon Kennedy. Not thats wrong but just commenting

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I've got a good feeling this time.
JOB #139: FUNKY KONG
Woah, who's that rad dude with the 'tude and the board?

It's FUNKY KONG!
Funky Kong hails from the totally righteous Donkey Kong series. He first appeared in the game Donkey Kong Country as a tubular NPC who ran Funky's Flights, which would let players travel anywhere they wanted to on the gnarly world map. He would keep selling bodacious items until 2018, where he became a playable character for the very first time in Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze!

How would he play? Glad you asked!
This epic member of the Kong family would play almost exactly like his best friend/possible younger brother Donkey Kong, due to their similar, awesomely muscular body types. However, Funky would come with one radical difference-for some moves, he'll shred on his surfboard or use it as a weapon.

Why should he be in Smash?
Well, first of all, he's a surfer, which is really cool. Second, outside of Dixie, he's really the last member of the DK Crew who should be added into Smash Bros. And finally, Funky is a fan favorite character who would make perfect sense as an echo of Donkey Kong, whose popularity was heavily bolstered by DKC Tropical Freeze's Switch port.
Now, to update something in that last post-I believe Funky Kong should be somewhat like Chrom. There's no change for his sweetspots and sourspots, but Funky does have a new special move-we'll wait until if he wins to decide on what that will be. Other than that, Funky Kong will make himself distinct with his rad personality and superior sense of fashion. He would add another slot to the impressive yet unfulfilled lineup of Donkey Kong characters-a series that, mind you, has shaped the gaming industry single handedly and has a decent three characters-an echo would be not mandatory but very nice to have. He's also seen a rise in popularity thanks to Mario Kart Wii's ever growing speedrunning community as well as being a bit of a "joke-y character"-but not to the point of something like Swanky Kong, which would be cool but utterly absurd. And obviously his first mainline playable appearance in Tropical Freeze for Switch.
But, why him over Dixie? I don't usually like to say why X is better than Y when it comes to submissions, but she is his clear competitor. And well, I've got to say-no argument. Dixie arguably does deserve this spot more than Funky Kong.

He is cool though. Don't have much more to say.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Must be popular... that unforutnately means the Amazon is out...

Paula (Ness)

Paula's changes an echo would likely be very limited, but more than Daisy or DS. the Smash attacks would all need to be changed as Paula doesn't use a yoyo or baseball bat, but those are the only changes I can really think of. Perhaps we could pull a Chrom and incorporate some Lucas elements?

Almost all of Ness' special moves in Smash are taken from Paula (unlike Ninten, who doesn't use any offensive PSI at all) making her an absolute shoo-in. Paula has a unique silhouette and personality to justify giving her her own slot instead of an alternate costume. Paula is also heavily important to EarthBound's plot as she saves the world from Giygas with her prayer

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 139:
E5(Yoshi)
Birdo

Not brought up a ton anymore, but I do remember that Birdo was a fairly popular suggestion back in the base roster days. I imagine her leaning more towards the Chrom and Ken side of being an echo where most the moves are the same but there are a couple that are different. Weight and height I believe would be the same as Yoshi's.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 139:
E5(Yoshi)
Birdo

Not brought up a ton anymore, but I do remember that Birdo was a fairly popular suggestion back in the base roster days. I imagine her leaning more towards the Chrom and Ken side of being an echo where most the moves are the same but there are a couple that are different. Weight and height I believe would be the same as Yoshi's.
If we get her in I'll be heavily pushing for us to call her Birdetta.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Job 139:
Impa (Sheik Echo)

AAImpa Render.png
Well, if I recall correctly, a common reason people would refuse to vote Impa during previous echo submissions was because they wanted a unique Zelda newcomer. I would imagine that we aren't going to be adding two unique Zelda characters in the base game, but there's definitely room for a new echo fighter! We already did it for Kirby by adding both Bandana Dee and Galacta Knight and when's a better time to reveal Impa than alongside Marin?

There isn't much to say about Impa that hasn't already been said. She is easily the most important Zelda character who isn't already in Smash, she's one of the most popular characters among the Zelda fanbase, and she's one of the most flexible characters when it comes to her moveset. She has loads of unique weapons and magical abilities that she's used throughout the Zelda series that could be used for a fun, unique moveset. However, she is also a Sheikah, meaning that she could believably use all of the exact same abilities as Sheik. Sheik is literally mimicking Impa in Ocarina of Time, so having Impa echo Sheik in Smash would be incredibly natural. She could be anywhere from a 1-to-1 echo, to a semi-clone, to a unique fighter and it would make perfect sense no matter what you chose.

I doubt that there will be a better opportunity to add Impa to Infinite. I know that there are a lot of people on here who would prefer to see Impa as a unique character, but given the circumstances, I'm hoping that the Impa fans can all unite here and vote her in as an echo fighter!

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Now that it's not 3am anymore:
Job 86: Felix, the Forgotten Warrior of Vale
View attachment 311147
The main protagonists of each Golden Sun game. Left to right (Isaac, Felix, Matthew) Art by NaZyrus and Nibroc Rock

1. Who is Felix?
View attachment 311161
Felix is a major character whose impact rings throughout the Golden Sun saga. He is introduced during the first Golden Sun game during the prologue. During this heart-wrenching scene, we watch hopelessly as Felix, his parents, and Isaac's father are swept away and presumably killed by a storm. This happens in front of the main characters' eyes - including his younger sister Jenna's. 3 years later, as Isaac, Garet, and Jenna make their way through Sol Sanctum on an assignment, they meet a masked figure: Felix, who is revealed to have survived the events of the Storm. Following this, he appears as a major antagonist (not villain!) throughout the first game, aiding Saturos, Menardi, and Alex in their quest to relight the lighthouses and bring alchemy back into the world.

Following the deaths of Saturos and Menardi, Venus Lighthouse is lit at the climax of Golden Sun. Its violent shaking causes Sheba to slip off the aerie and she is basically doomed to die. However, Felix demonstrates his humanity and jumps after Sheba, leading to the events of the second game. Golden Sun: the Lost Age opens with Jenna escaping the lighthouse with Kraden, a scholar. The duo find Felix and Sheba on a shore, strength exhausted from swimming. After a few humorous cutscenes where Felix checks if his limbs are intact, the player now takes control of the antagonist and usurps Saturos and Menardi's quest to relight the lighthouses. I won't go into further detail, but throughout the game, Felix is shown to be a more compassionate hero than Isaac was. After the duology of the Lighthouses ends - a new one begins. Though Felix makes no appearance in Dark Dawn, his legacy has left controversy throughout the land. He is hailed a hero as is Isaac, however, he is portrayed less of one.

Felix has had Smash prominence since Brawl! While he only physically appears as an advanced (ace in Infinite) spirit, Felix has been in the series since Brawl. The song Battle Scene / Final Boss (Golden Sun), arranged by the series composer Motoi Sakuraba is an a remix of Felix's theme and the final boss theme of The Lost Age. Isaac's and Felix's themes are significantly different - depending on whether Isaac or Felix is the leader of the party in The Lost Age, their respective battle theme will play. So yes, Felix does have prominence (and arguably, has been in the series longer than Isaac considering his AT was absent from Smash 4).

View attachment 311160
3. Function as an Echo
Format stealing from Krook aside, Felix is a Venus Adept just like Isaac. What does this mean to someone who has not played Golden Sun? Felix is an Earthbender. He, like Isaac, is naturally attuned to manipulating the earth. His domain is over rocks, sand, plants and the like. In Golden Sun, the two play nearly identically in their default classes (Squire class). The only major difference, however, is their stats. While you may ask: why not just make Felix an identical clone of Isaac then? The Lost Age, Felix's starring role introduces several new summons and psynergies that can allow Felix a wider move pool. Aside from Isaac's throws, all of his moves pull from psynergy in the first Golden Sun. This can allow for us to pull from The Lost Age for the job's special and Final Smash. For example, instead of Judgement, we can use Catastrophe, a summon introduced in The Lost Age.

Aside from moves, Felix also has the potential to be mechanically different in a competitive sense. I imagine Felix to be slightly stronger and heavier than Isaac as a result of his time training in Prox with the villains. Additionally, he has access to a unique psynergy called "Sand" that can be used during rolls. Like Samus and Dark Samus before him, this change of hitbox could either make Felix laggier or faster (depending on the implementation) than Isaac. Overall, Felix has the capability to be an echo with variation.
4. Addressing Problems and other Information
The largest issue I see in the way of Felix is why we should even add him. Felix is echoing a newcomer from a niche, dead JRPG series. This is a valid argument, however, one that should be ignored. As stated by Masahiro Sakurai himself, it doesn't matter if the character is recognizable, it only matters if they are fun to play. The way I see it, Smash Bros. is a way for Nintendo to show off and advertise their versatility as a developer (Despite the 8 Fire Emblem characters and the inevitable one we will add). The additions of third parties show their willingness to collaborate with other companies. Because of this, it is clear that many are introduced to several new series because of Smash. Isaac and Felix represent something Nintendo has done in the past but no longer does - traditional turn based RPGs. I'm basically rambling about Smash speculation at this point so I'll end this point and go onto the next.

If you haven't already - please listen to Felix's theme. There's a reason why it got into Smash.

Because of how he is portrayed in the Golden Sun series, I consider Felix a "rival" character akin to Kirby and Meta Knight. Debuting as an antagonist, then a protagonist, then a questionable figure in history, Felix could definitely be written as a villain if so necessary. Some NPCs even describes Saturos and Menardi's group (including Felix) at one point in the game as being very forceful (for lack of a nicer word) as they make their way to the lighthouse.

That will conclude my thoughts about Felix at this point, so please consider voting for my baby hobo boy.​
Resubmitting Felix. Did you know it's Golden Sun's anniversary in 2 days?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Popular First Party Echo: Alph
P3_Alph_Artwork.png

Alph is one of the three main characters of Pikmin 3, who had previously appeared in Smash as an alt for Olimar. However, we will be promoting him to the status of Echo Fighter, per the request of many fans. Alph will be mostly the same as Olimar, with the key difference being that instead of Purple Pikmin, Alph will use Pikmin 3's Rock Pikmin as his "heavy hitter Pikmin".

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, we will begin our Echo Discussion Period. Submissions are closed and these are the characters we will be voting on tomorrow.

Again, we will be voting on characters tomorrow. This is a discussion period for the submitted characters.

Here are our submissions:

Character 2
Woah, who's that rad dude with the 'tude and the board?

It's FUNKY KONG!
Funky Kong hails from the totally righteous Donkey Kong series. He first appeared in the game Donkey Kong Country as a tubular NPC who ran Funky's Flights, which would let players travel anywhere they wanted to on the gnarly world map. He would keep selling bodacious items until 2018, where he became a playable character for the very first time in Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze!

How would he play? Glad you asked!
This epic member of the Kong family would play almost exactly like his best friend/possible younger brother Donkey Kong, due to their similar, awesomely muscular body types. However, Funky would come with one radical difference-for some moves, he'll shred on his surfboard or use it as a weapon.

Why should he be in Smash?
Well, first of all, he's a surfer, which is really cool. Second, outside of Dixie, he's really the last member of the DK Crew who should be added into Smash Bros. And finally, Funky is a fan favorite character who would make perfect sense as an echo of Donkey Kong, whose popularity was heavily bolstered by DKC Tropical Freeze's Switch port.
Now that it's not 3am anymore:
Job 86: Felix, the Forgotten Warrior of Vale
View attachment 311147
The main protagonists of each Golden Sun game. Left to right (Isaac, Felix, Matthew) Art by NaZyrus and Nibroc Rock

1. Who is Felix?
View attachment 311161
Felix is a major character whose impact rings throughout the Golden Sun saga. He is introduced during the first Golden Sun game during the prologue. During this heart-wrenching scene, we watch hopelessly as Felix, his parents, and Isaac's father are swept away and presumably killed by a storm. This happens in front of the main characters' eyes - including his younger sister Jenna's. 3 years later, as Isaac, Garet, and Jenna make their way through Sol Sanctum on an assignment, they meet a masked figure: Felix, who is revealed to have survived the events of the Storm. Following this, he appears as a major antagonist (not villain!) throughout the first game, aiding Saturos, Menardi, and Alex in their quest to relight the lighthouses and bring alchemy back into the world.

Following the deaths of Saturos and Menardi, Venus Lighthouse is lit at the climax of Golden Sun. Its violent shaking causes Sheba to slip off the aerie and she is basically doomed to die. However, Felix demonstrates his humanity and jumps after Sheba, leading to the events of the second game. Golden Sun: the Lost Age opens with Jenna escaping the lighthouse with Kraden, a scholar. The duo find Felix and Sheba on a shore, strength exhausted from swimming. After a few humorous cutscenes where Felix checks if his limbs are intact, the player now takes control of the antagonist and usurps Saturos and Menardi's quest to relight the lighthouses. I won't go into further detail, but throughout the game, Felix is shown to be a more compassionate hero than Isaac was. After the duology of the Lighthouses ends - a new one begins. Though Felix makes no appearance in Dark Dawn, his legacy has left controversy throughout the land. He is hailed a hero as is Isaac, however, he is portrayed less of one.

Felix has had Smash prominence since Brawl! While he only physically appears as an advanced (ace in Infinite) spirit, Felix has been in the series since Brawl. The song Battle Scene / Final Boss (Golden Sun), arranged by the series composer Motoi Sakuraba is an a remix of Felix's theme and the final boss theme of The Lost Age. Isaac's and Felix's themes are significantly different - depending on whether Isaac or Felix is the leader of the party in The Lost Age, their respective battle theme will play. So yes, Felix does have prominence (and arguably, has been in the series longer than Isaac considering his AT was absent from Smash 4).

View attachment 311160
3. Function as an Echo
Format stealing from Krook aside, Felix is a Venus Adept just like Isaac. What does this mean to someone who has not played Golden Sun? Felix is an Earthbender. He, like Isaac, is naturally attuned to manipulating the earth. His domain is over rocks, sand, plants and the like. In Golden Sun, the two play nearly identically in their default classes (Squire class). The only major difference, however, is their stats. While you may ask: why not just make Felix an identical clone of Isaac then? The Lost Age, Felix's starring role introduces several new summons and psynergies that can allow Felix a wider move pool. Aside from Isaac's throws, all of his moves pull from psynergy in the first Golden Sun. This can allow for us to pull from The Lost Age for the job's special and Final Smash. For example, instead of Judgement, we can use Catastrophe, a summon introduced in The Lost Age.

Aside from moves, Felix also has the potential to be mechanically different in a competitive sense. I imagine Felix to be slightly stronger and heavier than Isaac as a result of his time training in Prox with the villains. Additionally, he has access to a unique psynergy called "Sand" that can be used during rolls. Like Samus and Dark Samus before him, this change of hitbox could either make Felix laggier or faster (depending on the implementation) than Isaac. Overall, Felix has the capability to be an echo with variation.
4. Addressing Problems and other Information
The largest issue I see in the way of Felix is why we should even add him. Felix is echoing a newcomer from a niche, dead JRPG series. This is a valid argument, however, one that should be ignored. As stated by Masahiro Sakurai himself, it doesn't matter if the character is recognizable, it only matters if they are fun to play. The way I see it, Smash Bros. is a way for Nintendo to show off and advertise their versatility as a developer (Despite the 8 Fire Emblem characters and the inevitable one we will add). The additions of third parties show their willingness to collaborate with other companies. Because of this, it is clear that many are introduced to several new series because of Smash. Isaac and Felix represent something Nintendo has done in the past but no longer does - traditional turn based RPGs. I'm basically rambling about Smash speculation at this point so I'll end this point and go onto the next.

If you haven't already - please listen to Felix's theme. There's a reason why it got into Smash.

Because of how he is portrayed in the Golden Sun series, I consider Felix a "rival" character akin to Kirby and Meta Knight. Debuting as an antagonist, then a protagonist, then a questionable figure in history, Felix could definitely be written as a villain if so necessary. Some NPCs even describes Saturos and Menardi's group (including Felix) at one point in the game as being very forceful (for lack of a nicer word) as they make their way to the lighthouse.

That will conclude my thoughts about Felix at this point, so please consider voting for my baby hobo boy.​
It's the man

It's the dude...

GOOIGI

Job #139:
View attachment 324748
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong series):
She's a really...REALLY big candidate for a Diddie Kong Echo Fighter. While she does have a lot in her favor that would turn her into a semi-clone a la Isabelle or Luigi, Dixie has just as much of a following for her as an Echo Fighter, and after King K. Rool, more DK fans could be a little happier. She's a Chrom-level Echo Fighter where she uses majorly all the same things Diddy Kong uses, but her Up Special involves her ponytail instead of a jetpack, and she also has a Peach-style hover, as well!
Must be popular... that unforutnately means the Amazon is out...

Paula (Ness)

Paula's changes an echo would likely be very limited, but more than Daisy or DS. the Smash attacks would all need to be changed as Paula doesn't use a yoyo or baseball bat, but those are the only changes I can really think of. Perhaps we could pull a Chrom and incorporate some Lucas elements?

Almost all of Ness' special moves in Smash are taken from Paula (unlike Ninten, who doesn't use any offensive PSI at all) making her an absolute shoo-in. Paula has a unique silhouette and personality to justify giving her her own slot instead of an alternate costume. Paula is also heavily important to EarthBound's plot as she saves the world from Giygas with her prayer
Job 139:
E5(Yoshi)
Birdo

Job 139:
Impa (Sheik Echo)

View attachment 324751
Well, if I recall correctly, a common reason people would refuse to vote Impa during previous echo submissions was because they wanted a unique Zelda newcomer. I would imagine that we aren't going to be adding two unique Zelda characters in the base game, but there's definitely room for a new echo fighter! We already did it for Kirby by adding both Bandana Dee and Galacta Knight and when's a better time to reveal Impa than alongside Marin?

There isn't much to say about Impa that hasn't already been said. She is easily the most important Zelda character who isn't already in Smash, she's one of the most popular characters among the Zelda fanbase, and she's one of the most flexible characters when it comes to her moveset. She has loads of unique weapons and magical abilities that she's used throughout the Zelda series that could be used for a fun, unique moveset. However, she is also a Sheikah, meaning that she could believably use all of the exact same abilities as Sheik. Sheik is literally mimicking Impa in Ocarina of Time, so having Impa echo Sheik in Smash would be incredibly natural. She could be anywhere from a 1-to-1 echo, to a semi-clone, to a unique fighter and it would make perfect sense no matter what you chose.

I doubt that there will be a better opportunity to add Impa to Infinite. I know that there are a lot of people on here who would prefer to see Impa as a unique character, but given the circumstances, I'm hoping that the Impa fans can all unite here and vote her in as an echo fighter!
Popular First Party Echo: Alph
View attachment 324776
Alph is one of the three main characters of Pikmin 3, who had previously appeared in Smash as an alt for Olimar. However, we will be promoting him to the status of Echo Fighter, per the request of many fans. Alph will be mostly the same as Olimar, with the key difference being that instead of Purple Pikmin, Alph will use Pikmin 3's Rock Pikmin as his "heavy hitter Pikmin".
In list form (parenthesis the Echo Fighter basis):
  1. Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
  2. Felix (Isaac)
  3. Gooigi (Luigi)
  4. Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
  5. Paula (Ness)
  6. Birdo (Yoshi)
  7. Impa (Sheik)
  8. Alph (Olimar)
I am surprised we didn't get any submissions like Black Knight, Hilda, Black Shadow, Ninten, Dry Bowser, or Tharja.

So let's discuss!

Further more,

#140: Submit a Smash Dungeon Enemy from One of the Following Series

The Smash Dungeon is easily one of our fastest growing ,modes with content added pretty regularly but there are still many series that do not have any representation at all! Please submit one to two enemies from the following list:

• Donkey Kong
  • Yoshi
  • Star Fox
  • Wario (Wario Land included)
  • Xenoblade
  • Golden Sun
  • Mysterious Castle Murasame
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Final Fantasy
  • Pac-Man
  • Castlevania
  • Crash Bandicoot

You may be wondering where F-Zero, Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, Punch-Out!, Wii Fit Style Savvy, ROB, and Game & Watch is at. For the first four, I felt their character best fit a Mid-Boss or Boss type character while the last ones don't see to have any offerings for an enemy thus I eliminated them.

We will be going by default so if only one enemy is submitted for a given series, it will win by default. If there are multiple submissions per series, we will hold a vote for them. If there aren't any submissions, one of the Leadership Team members iwll fill it in. Our aim is to fill up these slots for our FINAL SMASH DIRECT IN EARLY NOOOOOOOOOOVEMBER!!!!!

Wehn submitting, please provide the following information:

• Name
  • Picture
  • Series the enemy belongs to
  • What kinds of attacks it does

Also, please keep in mind these are for general enemies, not overpowered bosses from their home games. Submissions that seem WAAAAy too out there our don't make sense from a logical/marketable/relevant/iconic standpoint may be vetoed by the Leadership Team.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Alright, we will begin our Echo Discussion Period. Submissions are closed and these are the characters we will be voting on tomorrow.

Again, we will be voting on characters tomorrow. This is a discussion period for the submitted characters.

Here are our submissions:

2. Felix (Isaac)
  3. Gooigi (Luigi)
  5. Paula (Ness)
  6. Birdo (Yoshi)
  7. Impa (Sheik)
  8. Alph (Olimar)
I am surprised we didn't get any submissions like Black Knight, Hilda, Black Shadow, Ninten, Dry Bowser, or Tharja.

So let's discuss!

Further more,

#140: Submit a Smash Dungeon Enemy from One of the Following Series

The Smash Dungeon is easily one of our fastest growing ,modes with content added pretty regularly but there are still many series that do not have any representation at all! Please submit one to two enemies from the following list:

• Donkey Kong
  • Yoshi
  • Star Fox
  • Wario (Wario Land included)
  • Xenoblade
  • Golden Sun
  • Mysterious Castle Murasame
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Final Fantasy
  • Pac-Man
  • Castlevania
  • Crash Bandicoot

You may be wondering where F-Zero, Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, Punch-Out!, Wii Fit Style Savvy, ROB, and Game & Watch is at. For the first four, I felt their character best fit a Mid-Boss or Boss type character while the last ones don't see to have any offerings for an enemy thus I eliminated them.

We will be going by default so if only one enemy is submitted for a given series, it will win by default. If there are multiple submissions per series, we will hold a vote for them. If there aren't any submissions, one of the Leadership Team members iwll fill it in. Our aim is to fill up these slots for our FINAL SMASH DIRECT IN EARLY NOOOOOOOOOOVEMBER!!!!!

Wehn submitting, please provide the following information:

• Name
  • Picture
  • Series the enemy belongs to
  • What kinds of attacks it does

Also, please keep in mind these are for general enemies, not overpowered bosses from their home games. Submissions that seem WAAAAy too out there our don't make sense from a logical/marketable/relevant/iconic standpoint may be vetoed by the Leadership Team.
Clarification before I start. I remember you saying that since Crash didn't have a ton of options for enemies in Smash Dungeon that eventually Spyro enemies might be made eligible, but only later down the line. Is it ok to submit some from Spyro now or would you prefer me to wait? Curious because it impacts who I'll submit for this round

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 140:
1627702256726.png

Medusa Head (Castlevania)

Medusa Heads are the bane of everyone that has played through Level 2 of Castlevania NES, and for good reason. In Smash Infinite, they are swarm enemies that spawn in waves of 4-6, flying in a wavelike pattern and dealing 3% damage and low knockback to anyone they run into. There is also a rare Gold Medusa Head that will petrify anyone they hit, indicated by Smash fighters getting a stone coat much like how it works with Inkling Ink and the Metal Box, but it completely stops them as though they had casted Kaclang.

These little gnats always spawn in Occult Dungeons, as well as 8-Bit Dungeons.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Bakky/Fire Bakky/Ice Bakky

Bakky's are from Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, In this they would wait upside down on the ceiling, If the player gets too close, it will swoop down and attack the player, Each Bakky functions identically, but the variations deal either fire or Ice damage.

Cactuar/Gigantuar

Cactuars are from Final Fantasy, in Smash Dungeon they are very fast and run around, and they will use the Attack "1000 Needles" it shoots a large line of Needles forwards, this attack deals a lot of damage. There is a rare variant called the Gigantuar which has the same statistics except they are 4x larger and have 2x the amount of health.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
  2. Felix (Isaac)
  3. Gooigi (Luigi)
  5. Paula (Ness)
  6. Birdo (Yoshi)
  7. Impa (Sheik)
  8. Alph (Olimar)

So let's discuss!
So if Alph were to be the Echo, I could imagine his Purple Pikmin being replaced with Rock Pikmin for aesthetic reasons. As for Gooigi, I wonder if he could be more akin to a Dark Samus Echo Fighter, what with his slime-body giving him bigger opportunities for unique animations.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Clarification before I start. I remember you saying that since Crash didn't have a ton of options for enemies in Smash Dungeon that eventually Spyro enemies might be made eligible, but only later down the line. Is it ok to submit some from Spyro now or would you prefer me to wait? Curious because it impacts who I'll submit for this round
Let's just wait till we see what we can get :)

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Resubmit this for Star Fox

Hi Ho
(Star Fox)

Hi Ho is a fairly simple enemy, they are basically robot Bob-Omb but much faster, with them falling under the category of Chaos Unit in Star Fox Guard and mostly there to disturb you, as a Smash Dungeon enemy he will do so by paralyzing you when near making you unable to move for a period of time and turning you into an easy punching bag, but this resulted them committing Kamikazee.

1627704461231.png

Haven Trooper
(Metal Gear)

Now everyone might be expecting the Metal Gear themselves to be the enemy but I digress, solely because they are more fitted to be a mini-boss due to their enormous size and like in their home series fought as a boss as well. Instead I introduce you to Haven Trooper from Guns of Patriot.

Unlike other common soldier from the series who is mostly regular dudes with guns the Haven Trooper themselves is genetically engineered with nanomachine, son which gave them incredible superpower and able to cling onto walls, jump really high and do a series of acrobatic moves whenever they dodge an attack which they will also demonstrate as a Smash Dungeon enemy, they also equipped with P90 which let them gun blazing on the ground and in the air.

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Job 140: Cuttle/Aqua Jelly (Golden Sun) & M83 Predator Unit (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Cuttle
This little guy appears in water based levels, such as Mercury Lighthouse, Piers's ship, and the temple outside Ayuthay whose name I cannot remember, in all three Golden Sun games.

In Smash Dungeon, they would also appear in water and water adjacent dungeons, where they will do one of two moves. It's a smaller enemy, probably a little taller than a Goomba with a moderate-low amount of health.

Attack: The Cuttle will attack with a slash of water from its tentacles. Does around 5% of water damage.

Poisonous Bite: The Cuttle will lunge at the player and bite them, dealing 7% of damage initially, but also granting a poison status effect which will last for a good amount of time.

Rarely, the Cuttle will spawn in an all blue, special variant known as the Aqua Jelly. Its stats will be the same, though it will gain an additional attack.

Electric Bite: The Aqua Jelly will lunge at the opponent and bite them and hold on, dealing a lasting electric hitbox. Does a maximum of 15%.
M83 Predator Unit
The M83 Predator Unit is a story exclusive Mechon unit that appears in the Fallen Arm portion of the first Xenoblade Chronicles and its remake. It's also in Project X Zone, which is where the sprite comes from (cool!)​

In Smash Dungeon, they will appear in more urban/mechanical dungeons, where it has one move. However, they will spawn in conjunction with weaker enemies such as Goombas, Octoroks, etc. It's a rather large enemy with a moderate amount of health, though not enough to be a mid-boss.

Swipe: The M83 will slash with its arm. A slower attack, it will deal around 10% of damage with no knockback. It's not too big a threat on its own, but when combined with the other weaker enemies that it spawns with, it's possible to be overwhelmed.

Did you know it will be Golden Sun's 20th (the big two zero) anniversary on August 1st, 2021?

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
images.png

Yoshi Enemy Baseball Boys
These Shy Guys are medium hp enemies with low defense, like kremlings there are two types yellow batters and green throwers, throwers lob eggs at you with there mitts, they always charge up before locking onto the player and throwing with high accuracy, batters often accompany throwers and if a tossed egg collides with the batters they can bat it towards the player for twice the damage, batters can also launch projelies you make the same way as the tossed eggs so use melee attacks on them, sometimes tossers will target batters to create combos on there shots making then tougher enemies.

Klobber (1).jpg

DKC Enemy Klobber
Klobbers are DKC2 enemies that mimic barrels before trying to ram into you, in smash they can mimic any of the barrel textures available (present metal or wood barrels) and will pop up to try and ram into you, they dont damage you but when collided you get knocked back by a large amount, often pushing into other enemies, there are three variants, the green ones which just push you around, yellow ones which can knock out your stat pickups, and black ones which will explode on you if you knock into them. These are enemies that attack by disrupting and annoying the player, when destroyed they turn into normal barrels.

Paraster

Smash Lord
1627705804252.png
Pac-Man enemy: Neander-Pac

This enemy appears in the games Pac-Man World, Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness, and Pac-Man World 2. They attack with their clubs and are seen in volcano and ruins areas.

In Smash Dungeon, they move and attack slowly, but their clubs pack a big punch. They can also breathe fire on occasion to trip up players who try to camp them out.

Neander-Pacs have a unique death animation--they break into many small yellow cubes.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
LoZ Spinoff Game Results:
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 12.17.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 12.17.21 AM.png
Super Zelda Platformer5
Paper Zelda4
Triforce Tourney4
Verdant Rebels4
March of Beasts5
Tower of the Gods2
Triforce Was10
Make Some Rupees!11
Triforce Duels13
Hyrule Fantasy: Souls of Malice8
Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto 's Triforce Duels will be our Zelda spin off game! I believe this is the first title in which Linebeck and Uncle Rupee will meet and even battle it out, which should be a battle of the ages as I hear both characters are quite swag. Thank you to everyone who submitted! Almost every single one of these I would see myself buying if they were made into real games, so it was very fun reading through your ideas!

Reminder that Zelda Spirits are still open for the weekend, and in addition to the smash dungeon enemies submissions, a discussion over the echo fighter is also live.

My thoughts on who the echo should be are mainly leaning towards Impa. Its the perfect time to reveal another Zelda character, and the more traditional Impa may make the Marin pill easier to swallow for those who weren't expecting her. Impa would also get us our first Skyward Sword fighter representation, not just from Ultimate, but from any smash installment.

Also Birdo so Yoshi doesn't have to be alone anymore.​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I personally think there are some solid Echo submissions here; one with their own distinct uses and appearances. Pikmin is certainly a series that could use an expansion and Alph would be the prime target for being advanced from alt costume to playable plus will be the first of its kind technically. Both Funky and Dixie seem like excellent choices though I can see Dixie fans feeling opposite of her Echo status. Gooigi, while would make sense, seems iffy to me due to just a significant lack of importance to the Mario series. I wouldn’t be opposed to it. The only one I am a bit hesitant on is Birdo due to having abilities and techniques that are largely different than Yoshi. Yes, she fires eggs but through the mouth as opposed to throwing them. Unless we really stretch the idea of a Echo, I see Birdo being more of an Isabelle type character.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Funky Kong would be a fun choice and I think he would work out well.

Birdo would be a fun choice as well, plus we get more egg projectiles.

Gooigi would also be fun, plus we get a Luigi’s Mansion Rep.

Paula would be a better echo then Ninten in my opinion, and Paula would bring some deadly moves to the game.

Impa would allow us with more Legend of Zelda reps and she has some potential as well.

Dixie Kong is my most wanted echo of the group and I can see her use her Gum shooter and her hair Attacks.

Alph being promoted to echo would allow more Pikmin and more costumes for Olinar

Felix would give Golden Sun more representation and this would give that franchise a higher chance for a new game.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I think I'll push for Paula as our echo. She fits the status super well and Earthbound doesn't have too many reps yet-an echo would not only be a worthy addition that wouldn't take too much work, but it would make it so we also have a Earthbound rep for each game in the series, so that would be cool.
Birdo certainly has the importance and popularity factors down, she would be basically a shoe-in. My biggest concern with Birdo is how the neutral B would work, assuming we don't replace it-what the heck would that even look like?
Also, I wouldn't be opposed to Impa at all now that Marin's in. I actually really like her SS design and it would satiate Zelda fans who wanted Impa prioritized for popularity reasons.
With Funky or Dixie it honestly depends on whether you want either to be an original fighter or an echo since they have the potential to be both.
I'll probably vote for Felix for the sole reason that it would be based to get a new Golden Sun rep on the day of Golden Sun's anniversary.
Last thing I have to say is, I'm not very knowledgeable about Pikmin but I think Alph is well represented through Olimar's alt costume.
I'll be on vacation for a week so sorry if I'm less active on here

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think I'll push for Paula as our echo. She fits the status super well and Mother doesn't have too many reps yet-an echo would not only be a worthy addition that wouldn't take too much work, but it would make it so we also have a Mother rep for each game in the series, so that would be cool.
Birdo certainly has the importance and popularity factors down, she would be basically a shoe-in. My biggest concern with Birdo is how the neutral B would work, assuming we don't replace it-what the heck would that even look like?
Also, I wouldn't be opposed to Impa at all now that Marin's in. I actually really like her SS design and it would satiate Zelda fans who wanted Impa prioritized for popularity reasons.
With Funky or Dixie it honestly depends on whether you want either to be an original fighter or an echo since they have the potential to be both.
I'll probably vote for Felix for the sole reason that it would be based to get a new Golden Sun rep on the day of Golden Sun's anniversary.
Last thing I have to say is, I'm not very knowledgeable about Pikmin but I think Alph is well represented through Olimar's alt costume.
I'll be on vacation for a week so sorry if I'm less active on here
I hate to shoot down a reason for someone voting one of my submissions, but Paula is from EarthBound, not Beginnings. You're getting confused with Ana.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I am so confused right now. Is there a difference between Earthbound and Mother? I thought they were just different words for the same series.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I am so confused right now. Is there a difference between Earthbound and Mother? I thought they were just different words for the same series.
Mother is the Japanese title while Earthbound is the overseas title, other than that the difference is just the localization, like all game from Japan would if it sold overseas.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Not a ton of submissions for this echo round which is surprising. I'll break down what I think about all of them now since there's only a few

1. Funky Kong (Donkey Kong) - I don't mind this idea. The baseline for an inoffensive echo that adds numbers to one of Nintendos bigger series. TBH not many echos bother me a ton but I'd be very much ok with this
  2. Felix (Isaac) - I don't mind this either. Only thing that bothers me about adding Felix now is that it feels strange to add him well over a year after we announced Isaac.
  3. Gooigi (Luigi) - Id prefer to not go down this route. I don't mind it but I think there's other options we should look at first. Now, if we make him the first rep for LM then I'd be more interested.
  4. Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong) - 50/50 on this one. I don't know a ton on the character but I know there's a lot of debate as to if she actually should be an echo or not
  5. Paula (Ness) - Eh, I think I'll pass here. Outside of Porky there's not really any other Mother/Earthbound characters I feel like I need to see in Smash. At the end of the day an echo Im not big on doesn't matter too much though.
  6. Birdo (Yoshi) - I see some questions on how this could work, which is fair. My personal vision is that her and Yoshi share an identical moveset minus the few she can't obviously do. A few moves just need to be edited, such as Birdo's egg throw being shot out of her mouth, and instead of putting people inside of eggs she can copy KRR's side smash and spit them out. That feels like it's pretty close to the Ken/Chrom model of an echo to me.
  7. Impa (Sheik) - This is probably my top choice. LoZ could honestly still use another non triforce user tbh, and Impa is both important to the series and has an awesome design. I'd take it
  8. Alph (Olimar) - Also someone I'd consider voting since he's stuck in alt costume hell right now. No idea how he'd play since I don't play Pikmin but it would feel fairly satisfying to see Alph get an upgrade

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Spearhead
View attachment 324037
They would walk slowly until they spot a fighter. Once they spot a fighter they charge forward and attempt to poke said fighter with their spear.
Alright, I'll submit this enemy for the Wario series that I posted on the "Smash Bros of Another Universe" thread.

I've also got some thoughts about the echos:
Impa is my top choice for the echo vote. Venus said it perfectly, Impa could ease the salt from the toxic Smash fans angry at Marin's inclusion. Gooigi would be cool, that's pretty much it. I'm probably voting for him to get included. I feel fairly neutral on Alph, though I'd prefer Louie as a beast summoner character. But then again, echos don't affect character inclusions much. Birdo getting in as part of the Yoshi series feels like adding Waluigi as part of the Wario series. Birdo would be fine as its own character, but not as a Yoshi echo, imo. Especially since there are more deserving candidates for the Yoshi series like Kamek, Poochy (oh yeah, he's been deconfirmed), and even the Baby Mario Bros. Paula feels a bit too out there, in my opinion. I know echos don't affect series inclusions very much, but I don't think she deserves a spot compared to Ninten and Porky.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom