• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
SSE enemy:
Poppant

Poppants are rare, and their trousers are full of presents and candy. They run away from the player, scattering objects in their wake. Some of these objects will hurt the player if they hit them, making its pursuit more difficult and its trophy especially difficult to obtain. It sometimes leaves food in its run, and when defeated drops mostly healing items. It can also drop weak random items. (SmashWiki excert)

It's cute, there's your reason.

Last edited:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Floow
3A8FF86F-9EFA-4006-A1C3-107B51E70C9F.png

An enemy that might be described as a ghost patched with strips of darkness. A Floow will float in the air and attack nastily from behind. Harboring pent-up resentment, a Floow's cries reveal one part sadness, one part madness. This especially hits home when gazing into its ghastly red eyes. After taking a certain amount of damage, a Floow will disappear.

Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Towtow
Is it a yak? A sheep? A ram? A monster? A demonic Buffalo wearing seashells like Leia wore her hair? Regardless, this creature from Subspace would be the perfect edition for a character that can pack a wallop by its electric charge attacks and, unlike Brawl, it deals electrical damage. It often sleeps so tiptoeing past this beast or choosing to not attack it will give any passerby safe passage.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will now commence voting for each Subspace Army enemy. Please vote for your top three enemies. Ranked voting is on and you can vote for your own submission for choices 2 and 3. We will be accepting more than one winner

Bytan Jomosensual Jomosensual
Mizzou Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Glice, Glire, and Glunder Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Armight Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Mites cashregister9 cashregister9
Greap Krookodilian Krookodilian
Poppant Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Floow AirMac1 AirMac1
Towtow Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

In addition, we will be working on Smash Dungeon levels later on while also working on adding several other enemies. We will be including the following series by default as dungeons in the mode. These dungeons will be based on current series present in the game. We will added a total of 16 dungeons plus four additional dungeons based on minor universes.
1. Mario Bros.
2. Legend of Zelda
3. Pokemon
4. Metroid
5. Donkey Kong
6. Yoshi
7. Kid Icarus
8. Kirby

Minor universes

We won’t be including every universe as some of them wouldn’t make sense such as Wii Fit or Robot. We won’t be holding a voting round but, rather, include a series that makes logical sense. This will be done by the leadership team with input by the community. If we have any serious issues, we will commence on an an emergency vote. When voting, please submit your three votes as well as a possible universe or minor universe to include.

Edit: Meant to add in Kirby

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Floow
Mizzou
Greap

New Minor Universe
Monster Hunter
With how most monsters could adapt the styles of rathian as a boss or mini boss Monster Hunter would be a good choice as a minor universe, it would mainly focus on minibosses and hunting them using special traps that either help or hinder you, including poison and shock traps

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. Armight
2. Poppant
3. Floow

Possible minor universe:
Clu Clu Land
1620868924664.png

An underwater wonderland filled with secret walls and gems! Clu Clu Land would get a complete aesthetic revamp similar to the Ice Climber and Kid Icarus stages in Melee and Brawl - think like the image beneath. It would not be a water level and function more on SpongeBob logic (no swimming or need to breathe, gravity applies). Lots of level elements would appear and disappear as you get close to them - if an enemy is standing on a platform above spikes, run away and the platform will disappear, sending the enemy to their doom! You can delve to the underwater society where Bubbles lives, decend to the deep dark seabed, or rise up to the top of the water where scuba-diving humans are exploring, and will allow you to climb up them and fight pesky enemies getting in the way of their research.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Greaper
2. The Three G-Elementals
3. Bytan

Dungeon Consideration Major
Pikmin
Pikmin had a lot of elements to contribute as a Dungeon including various obstacles and puzzles that could be completed while progressing forward. It would also be interesting to see Pikmin aiding the player complete the dungeon by constructing platforms when rehearsed by enemies.

Floow
Mizzou
Greap

New Major Universe
Sonic
If we have to include a major 3rd party franchise it has to be sonic the hedgehog, it will be mainly based Green Hill zone for outer ground, Mystic Cave for underground, and Sky Sanctuary for sky areas

New Minor Universe
Monster Hunter
With how most monsters could adapt the styles of rathian as a boss or mini boss Monster Hunter would be a good choice as a minor universe, it would mainly focus on minibosses and hunting them using special traps that either help or hinder you, including poison and shock traps
Floow
Mizzou
Greap

New Major Universe
Sonic
If we have to include a major 3rd party franchise it has to be sonic the hedgehog, it will be mainly based Green Hill zone for outer ground, Mystic Cave for underground, and Sky Sanctuary for sky areas

New Minor Universe
Monster Hunter
Just one. Major or minor to submit for consideration.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please submit a major or minor universe. I have since bolded the “or” in the original post.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Can we get a reminder as to what a minor universe is again? Anyways, for my other picks

Major universe - Fire Emblem
There's what, 8 characters in the game right now? Leaving the series out would be a very weird choice

Voting:
Mites
Poppant
Bytan

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can we get a reminder as to what a minor universe is again? Anyways, for my other picks

Major universe - Fire Emblem
There's what, 8 characters in the game right now? Leaving the series out would be a very weird choice

Voting:
Mites
Poppant
Bytan
Minor universes consists of stages, items, or assist trophies. Technically, universes repped by stages are secondary but it’s the same idea more or less.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Minor universes consists of stages, items, or assist trophies. Technically, universes repped by stages are secondary but it’s the same idea more or less.
What if that universe doesn't have any representation in Smash yet, like say I want to add a Tomb Raider dungeon but this is the first representation of Tomb Raider as there's no content for the series prior to the dungeon?

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
1. Mites
2. Mizzou
3. Poppant

Minor Universe: Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
Code-name-steam-logo.jpg

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. is a comic book-inspired steampunk tactical RPG made by Intelligent Systems, the guys behind Fire Emblem. The Dungeon could feature various references to the game, namely the steampunk aestetic and even some enemies (provided we decide to add any). However, it can also come with a possible gimmick: the Fighters will have "steam", which determines how much they can be active at a given point, such as moving and attacking. If they run out, they'll be left vulnerable for a brief period of time until they recharge.

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Enemies:
Mizzou
Floow
Mites

New Major Universe:
Retro Games
This universe would include enemies and bosses from multiple retro games, which would make sure the player has a nostalgic experience.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Bytan
2. Glice, Glire, Glunder
3. Mites

New Minor Universe
Nintendo Land

This could be a whole dungeon of a bunch of Nintendo themed amusement park like the ones in the Nintendo Land game

The most recurring one is the lobby

you can enter any area at any time through portals throughout the area, Monita would float by as well

The areas include

Pikmin

The visuals would take inspiration directly from Nintendo Land and the Bulblord would appear throughout the area attacking you the whole time

Mysterious Murasame Castle

The visuals would be Taken from Takamaru's Ninja castle game.

Mario Chase

Another one with visuals taken directly from the game, This one is timed

Animal Crossing Sweet Day

This one you have to pick up items to open the exit.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Gonna be honest, I never played Smash Run so I don't really know what it's about. Basically, sorry I'm vague as I don't know what I'm talking about.

New Minor Universe: The Rolling Western
1620869582215.png

DRW is the handheld exclusive, tower-defense game where you play as Dillon, protecting town's wildlife from grocks (the enemy on the right of the picture). Since Dillon has been thrown a lot in the corporate meetings (albeit, constantly turned down), got three new songs, and could still have a game coming up (isn't as unlikely as Golden Sun, it's only been 3 years since DHB, and TLR and DHB had a 5 year gap), so why not add his series in as a dungeon?

The Dungeon would consist of an entirely western aesthetic, with a (if possible) day/night cycle that determines how difficult the enemies will be to face.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
What if that universe doesn't have any representation in Smash yet, like say I want to add a Tomb Raider dungeon but this is the first representation of Tomb Raider as there's no content for the series prior to the dungeon?
Based on the definition of what a major and minor universe is i don't think Tomb Raider would even qualify right now

Paraster

Smash Lord
Subspace Enemy Vote:
1. Glice, Glire, and Glunder
2. Armight
3. Floow

New Smash Dungeon Universe
Kid Icarus
You could try to recreate the Underworld from the original game, or you could base it on any of the chapters of Uprising. I'm partial towards the Underworld Castle, the Reset Bomb Depot, the Lunar Sanctum, Dyntos's Workshop, or maybe even Hades's Belly.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Then it’s ineligible.

1. Bytan
2. Glice, Glire, Glunder
3. Mites

New Major Universe
Xenoblade

Xenoblade is a pretty big franchise now and it seems right to represent it in some way, you can even do something like Bionis in the Cloud sea of alrest or something like that

New Minor Universe
Nintendoland

This could be a whole dungeon of a bunch of Nintendo themed amusement park areas including the ones in the Nintendoland game
Pick major or minor. Only one submission.

Subspace Enemy Vote:
1. Glice, Glire, and Glunder
2. Armight
3. Floow

New Smash Dungeon Universe
Kid Icarus

You could try to recreate the Underworld from the original game, or you could base it on any of the chapters of Uprising. I'm partial towards the Underworld Castle, the Reset Bomb Depot, the Lunar Sanctum, Dyntos's Workshop, or maybe even Hades's Belly.
Kid Icarus us already a default option. Please read the list.

Nevermind. I added it in but then I had to delete another part of the post. It sometimes will undo the what I typed last if I hit backspace on mobile. But yeah, Kid Icarus was meant to be included in the default list. Sorry bout that

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Subspace Enemy Vote:
1. Mites
2. Mizzou
3. Armight

New Minor Universe: Miitopia
With the Dark Lord assist getting in, it would make sense for Miitopia to get a dungeon. It could be based off of the Nightmare Tower, Karkaton Peak, Dark Lord's Castle, The Sky Scraper, or New Lumos (New Lumos is my top choice).

Paraster

Smash Lord
Paraster Paraster , feel free to submit a new universe. Sorry for the confusion.
That's alright.

Castlevania
Dracula's Castle just seems built for Smash Dungeon with it being a huge palace with varying rooms and exteriors. Heck, to my understanding, its canonically capable of changing its design and layout.
Just imagine the Castlevania area from World of Light as a platforming roguelike level. Sounds like a great time.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Major Universe Dungeon

Minecraft (Dungeon)
First, there's already a Minecraft spin-off named after that focusing on exploring dungeon so it'll be funny if it's actually a reference but, for the one in Smash it is mostly based on vanilla Minecraft. The Dungeon main gimmick is resources where you can loot several items from chest located on a Mineshaft or an Ocean Monument and trade it with a Villager if you bump into one to gain extra points, the second gimmick, shortcuts is where you can break a certain block that led to short passages or an entirely different locations altogether.

Speaking of location the dungeon consist of 3 section: one is the Overworld where you can traverse caves and forest with the village acting as a checkpoint, the caves specifically will be getting a touch up, rather than the usual pit of Lava as a trap the caves will actually be filled with redstone engineering, things like pressure plates, buttons and tripwires will trigger a certain thing and could lead to misfortune (of course I won't forget the new addition that is introduced in the Caves and Cliffs update which will be present)​
minecraft-caves-and-cliffs-update-cave-generation-02.jpg

Second section is the Nether where the only access to it is either finding a nether portal somewhere on the Overworld or play on a high difficulty. The Nether is 2x difficult than the Overworld as while it is mostly linier you spend a lot of time traveling up and down with a pool of lava appearing more commonly on lower ground and I haven't mentioned the Nether Fortress yet which barely gives a room to breath.
Netherfortress.jpg

Last location is actually a special case and it is The End which only reserved for Final Bosses at the end of the level (when at the Overworld you actually have to jump into an End Portal) with it jam packed full of enemies to disturb you.

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
1. Greap
2. Mytes
3. Glice Glire and the other one

Major Universe: Golden Sun

Golden Sun, while an RPG setting that we have an abundance of, provides many diverse locations due to the series' in depth world building. The grand world map has locations that range from dry deserts to snowy mountains. Aside from the more generic areas, the dungeons of The Lost Age and Dark Dawn provide a many beautiful locales that will fit well in a platforming roguelike. These dungeons also provide various puzzles that require the help of psynergy to solve: some requiring Reveal to access hidden areas, Arid Heat to rise to greater heights, Frost to freeze water. Please, take a look at some of the locations that the series has to offer.

Air's Rock, Aqua Rock, Jupiter Lighthouse, Gabomba Statue, Apollo Ascent.

These are a few of the locations I believe would translate well into a Smash Dungeon level.

Also, a question: If a minor universe were to be promoted to a major one later on, what would happen?

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Found out late that I was only allowed 1 submission. Edited post to fix it.

If I submit a series as a minor universe, does that deconfirm any characters from that franchise? If so, please ignore my minor submission and go with my major universe instead.

Minor Universe: Astral Chain

More specifically, the Astral Plane. It's place where your enemies come from in Astral Chain.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If I submit a series as a minor universe, does that deconfirm any characters from that franchise? If so, please ignore my minor universe submission

Minor Universe: Astral Chain

More specifically, the Astral Plane. It's place where your enemies come from in Astral Chain.

Major Universe: Dragon Quest
No, it won’t deconfirm it. Also, please choose between minor or major. One submission please.

This isn’t an end-all-be-all list. We will be doing this again later.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Subspace Enemy:
Greap
Mizzou
Armight

Major Universe: Resident Evil

1620893393582.png

Considering Resident Evil is kind of the Castlevania of Infinite, seeing as how much content has been brought over, I think it's fair to say it deserves a place along the Major Universes right?

The dungeon could consist of the streets of Raccoon City. Beginning at the entrance of the city and slowly getting into the main hub, the city center. From there you'd have the option to follow the many roads to iconic locations of the Resident Evil franchise; Want to explore the Police Department and grab some of the loot that's in-between the many monsters lurking in it? Be my guest! Go into the depths of the Spencer Mansion and fight the boss of this particular dungeon? Go ahead!

Raccoon City is there for you to explore at its fullest. And just like in its home series, venturing into the optional dangerous side-roads may lead you to valuable loot that could ensure your survival!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So it was brought to my attention that I forgot to include Kirby in the default list and, considering how prevalent the series is in Infinite, it makes to include it in the default. In truth, I was heavily editing my original post and, partially due to my mobile device, it kept deleting my previous typed entries if I chose another area of the text and backspaced. So for that reason, Kid Icarus and Kirby was added but got deleted without me realizing it. My apologies for that

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Subspace enemies
1. Bytan
2. Greap
3. Mytes

Major Universe: Sonic the Restaurant Hedgehog
1620916843178.png

All my usual series have been added at this point, and this one hasn't been submitted so I'll go with this one. Never played a sonic game in my life but expect some green hills, Casinos, Chemical plants, and SONIC™ Restaurants. Could also see lots of badniks, springs, spikes, and Egg themed robots.​

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Major Universe: Sonic the Restaurant Hedgehog
View attachment 314992
All my usual series have been added at this point, and this one hasn't been submitted so I'll go with this one. Never played a sonic game in my life but expect some green hills, Casinos, Chemical plants, and SONIC™ Restaurants. Could also see lots of badniks, springs, spikes, and Egg themed robots.​
Seeing the burgers, hot dogs, onion rings, and milkshakes would also be exciting.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I'd like to submit one but I don't get off for two and a half more hours, damn
We’ll actually be doing this job slightly differently, with the leadership (Me, Venus, Robotto, and Ramen) assembling a working list of universes, from the ones submitted, for the thread to vote to either accept or decline the list, or to work out some of the smaller details. Venus hasn’t officially announced this part yet, so the exact details are still subject to change, but I believe that means as long as you submit your submission by tonight or early tomorrow morning we should be able to consider it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Major Universe Submission: PAC-MAN/Namco Museum

As a franchise in Smash, PAC-MAN more or less represents more than just himself and his series - he acts as a love letter to the arcade, a timeless piece of gaming history. As such, I feel like the next logical step in this historic crossover event is a Smash Dungeon level - one that brings together everything the Pac is here to represent. A suggest a mish-mash dungeon set piece, comprised of pieces of iconic locations from the series, like the Maze, Buccaneer Boardwalk and Ghostly Gardens from the World series, and so on, but also welded together with pieces from other Namco worlds like Galaga, Mappy, Shadow Land, Dig Dug, etc. Enemies would be from all of these franchises and even more, such as a Mokujin from Tekken in a bonus area, and some enemies from Tales, .hack, God Eater, Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythmic Adventure, and Xenosaga to represent some of Namco's more modern classics - defeating these extremely rare enemies would naturally yield even better rewards. Of course, it's primarily themed around everyone's favorite dot-muncher's outings. Naturally, the most prominent enemies would include the World versions of the Ghosts as opposed to their eight-bit counterparts (because there are original ghosts that arent's Inky, Blinky, Pinky, Clyde, or Sue in those games!) Some of Toc-Man's other minions could show up as well.

Yeah, I know it's not 100% PAC-inspired, but I think it fits with his representation in this franchise quite well.

If only I could submit two, I've got a great idea for a Megaten/Persona one as well ;w;

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We are officially closing the Subspace enemy voting! Here are the results...

We will be including the following sub space enemies based on the top five submissions:

Bytan Jomosensual Jomosensual
Mizzou Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Armight Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Mites cashregister9 cashregister9
Greap Krookodilian Krookodilian

Congrats to the winners! They were certainly interesting enemies so I’m glad to see them included. I also thought the other submissions were great as well!

Job #103: Submit a Smash Dungeon Mini Boss

We will begin adding Mini Bosses into Smash Dungeon. What’s a mini boss you ask? A Mini Boss is a powerful opponent that appears in a dungeon run though. Typically, it will appear in the middle but, at higher difficulties, it will appear more than once. These are powerful enemies that require more damage before being defeated but also yields more rewards, gold, and experience points. If you were to compare them to Smash Dungeon, it would be something akin to a Darknut, Bonkers, Devil
Car, and so on.

We will be submitting two Mini Bosses. Your first submission must be a first party franchise that has a character rep in Smash. Your second submission can be one if the following:
  • A first party series not repped by a character but is present in Smash
  • a third party universe represented by a character
  • A third party series not repped by a character but is present in Smash
When submitting, please explain what the enemy is, what they would do in battle, abd why they deserve to be included.

Also, please check the poll to vote on a Smash Run Mini-Boss that you think should be included.

We are also still accepting franchise proposals for dungeons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom