• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Now that the results for the stage have been posted and the voting for the Adventure Mode trailer is still up, here's a little job to keep people busy.

View attachment 312372Job #93: Create a Game Mode Where Players Can Earn Gold!View attachment 312371

Fairly straightforward, isn't it.

Gold is an ever present commodity in Smash which allows players to spend it in the Shop. Gold can already be earned in almost any mode, with higher difficulties offering greater rewards like Spirits. Though now we'll be creating a mode where ONLY Gold can be earned, so get those creative juices flowing because we're giving a carte blanche to you guys for this one. The only requirement is creating a fun game mode that focuses on netting gold for players to use in the Shop.

Have fun!
Rhythmic Smash (working title; feel free to share other ideas)
A rhythm game where you select one of several songs and play a rhythm minigame.
As the song plays, various enemies/items/etc. will fly towards you, and you need to attack, jump, grab, or shield depending on what flies towards you.
Better timing and fewer misses gets you more gold.
Some notes:
  • Enemies/items/etc. could be given altered coloration so that it's easier to tell visually what to do (for example, red = attack, yellow = jump, green = grab, blue = shield).
  • You may be required to do air attacks: a special visual cue would tell you to jump so you're ready for the incoming air obstacle.
  • Grab actions are always followed by another grab action (indicated by a visual cue) that translates into a throw.
  • In order to ensure gameplay is consistent, each song has a specific character you must play as during it. (If necessary, attack timings could be altered for the sake of rhythm.)
  • Not every song needs a rhythm minigame, but I think one song per fighter might be fair (adding more songs to this mode could be a fun free update thing).
  • The announcer says the mode's name in a singsong when you enter the character select

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Smash Quest

Think of this as an endless classic mode of sorts, you face waves of smash dungeons enemies in small randomly generated stages where you need to find a key to proceed to the next zone, with some normal smashes in between, the better you do the more coins you collect

You cant get stat boosts from defeating enemies instead you need to go to a shop in between zones to upgrade stats, their the same stats from smash dungeons so dont worry about getting confused

You can also buy perks like new spirits, including exclusive ones like the enemy spirits, and 1 times perks like being metal the entity of next zone

Structurally you cycle though 6 zones

Zones 1-2 and 4-5 are standard mazes where you fight enemies and collect coins for said buying items to collect the key to the exit door

Zone 3 is always a battle against a fighter with random attributes like better attack stregh or bigger sizes

Finnaly zone 6 is always a boss battle with stamina mechanics

You then repeat the 6 zones but now on higher difficulties

It's an endurance test, 1 ko and its game over (unless you buy a totem of undying for an extra stock between zones) and the goal is to find how many zones you can complete before getting a game over, the more zone you complete the harder the battles and the better the rewards (legendary spirits and loadd of coins and gold maybe)

This is basically a way to adapt and make a single player version of smash dungeons while also not be a clone of smash dungeons and I think it's a cool idea

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
New Mode: Treasure Tussle!

This new mode would take insparation from, among other things, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Smash Tour. Uniquely, this mode has no Single-Console Multiplayer mode, only being avalible in single player with 4-12 CPUs and online with 4-12 players (there's a good reason for this). After everyone selects their character, they're spawned into a massive room, similar to a dungeon from a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game. Unlike a PMD dungeon, it's only one floor, but is much bigger to compensate (a four player map is about 1.5x the size of the average PMD room, and a 12 player map is almost 5x). Like in PMD, it's 100% randomly generated. The players all spawn in a random location decently far from eachother, with brand new 16-bit sprites unique to this mode. The players walk around the dungeon, picking up the gold, items, and stat boosters. These get put in an inventory.

If two players collide, they get into a battle. This is a one stock battle on a random stage. The fighting characters can bring one item they found on the map into the battle, and are boosted by all the stat boosts they acquired. Once one player beats another, the winner takes about 75% of the loser's gold and items, and the loser gets a 50% stat reduction and teleported to another part of the map to recalibrate. Other players are entirely unaffected by this, they can continue on like it was nothing (on the map, there's a little dust cloud to symbolize a fight). There can be multiple fights going on at once! Once the timer reaches zero (which can be custom-set to anything from 8-20 minutes), a winner is declared. Everyone keeps the gold they acquired, and spirits are also provideded (more items and stat boosts translate to more, higher quality spirits)

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
given how much opposition Freddy seem to has in this thread, I doubt he'll be getting in anytime soon.
You think so? I thought it's just for lolz. It's hard to take this serious when everyone unironically changing their profile pic and name to a character that we conveniently voting to gather a crowd and make temporary fan club.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Does the vote on Witcher content also apply to Turok and Sam & Max? I'd assume it does but I want to be sure.
That vote was just for witcher content. Which means Witcher spirits are approved to be submitted going forward (although as its otherwise unrepresented we cant justify too many being added). I'll talk with Venus to come up with some guidelines for edge case non game content, but I would assume most cases will be done similarly on a voting basis.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Thank you all for sending in your submissions for the Gold Mode in Infinite. We'll now proceed with voting for it. Please pick your top two out of the bunch.

These are the current rules for voting:
  • Ranked Voting: The amount of votes a submission gets depends on its placement. 1st place gets two points, 2nd place gets one.
  • Voting for your own submission is allowed, though you may only place it at 2nd. Ultimately receiving 1 point only.

Have fun voting!

While I'm at it, I'd also like to announce the winner for the Adventure Mode Trailer prompt, and it's Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide ! Congrats on your trailer submission winning! I'd still like to thank the people that submitted, I was quite fond of most of them. The next job will again be Adventure Mode-related so please keep an eye out for that one as well.

If you'd like a reminder on Adrianette's pitch, here it is. It does remind me a lot of the King of Fighters games.

Alright I guess I might as well attempt to write my own bout of fan fiction.

Job 91: Wishing Stars

The trailer opens up on Final Destination with Master Hand overlooking the several worlds of Smash Bros. through different portals. The camera pans to the different portals showcasing what each character is doing in their respective worlds. Kirby is fighting off King Dedede who once again appears to be hoarding all of Dream Land's delicious food. Dedede swings a Waddle Doo at Kirby his hammer. Kirby inhales it becoming Beam Kirby and fires off an electric beam from his want at King Dedede sending him flying.

In the Mario world, Mario is battling Bowser Jr. atop an airship. Bowser Jr. shoots a cannon ball from his clown car that Mario narrowly avoids in slow motion. In the Zelda world Link is surrounded by Bokoblins as he desperately attempts to fend them off. The portals show off the various worlds faster as it goes by each one, passing by Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong swinging through vines, Samus getting ready to fight Mother Brain, Captain Falcon racing and Pokemon Trainer commanding Charizard to attack an opposing Mewtwo with Pikachu lending him a helping hand.

The camera pans over back to Master Hand from a front facing view as it raises over him to reveal a glowing crimson orb. The camera switches over the to the orb which reveals a sinister face appearing from within it, something akin to Giygas from Earthbound. Master Hand rears his head/face/front facing area(?????) and sees the crimson orb slowly bulging as if something was trying to escape from it. Master Hand releases its own ball of yellow light that splits into several more and spreads it across each of the portals.

Meanwhile over at the Mushroom Kingdom where Mario is combatting Bowser Jr., Mario shoots a fireball to which Bowser Jr. hops out of his clown car with his hammer in hand attempting to swing at Mario. Before as Bowser Jr. gets his swing off, Mario readies a punch by swinging his arm backwards. Just the two land their hits, colliding their attacks, Bowser steps onto the field and lets out a mighty roar scaring both of them.

Bowser slowly walks, shaking the entire airship as he walks. Mario readies his fists as his old arch-nemesis finally enters the fray. Instead of attacking Mario however, Bowser points up to the sky. Both Mario and Bowser Jr. look up to the sky to see a large wormhole appear. From the wormhole, the small ball of yellow light emerges. Upon reaching the airship, it immediately transforms into a small little creature that looks very similar to a Primid but without the Subspace symbol, its face is a light yellow instead of purple, has tiny little angelic wings and a red top hat.

The creature which will be dubbed as an "Infitemite" (because it just sounded funny lol) hands Mario a letter while performing flamboyant flips and strikes a pose. Mario opens the letter first but Bowser Jr. gets greedy and snatches it from him showing it to his dad. Mario dizzy, looks up and sees the two have a shocked expression on their faces. Mario takes back the letter and eyes it over and reacts in the same way as his eyes gloss over the letter.

Across several other dimensions, the respective characters meet their own Infitemites with differently coloured top hats. What could be written in the letter that is invigorating all the characters of Super Smash Bros.? Mario drops the letter and runs jumping right into the portal. The suction is enough to pull him. Frustrated, Bowser runs after him but his jump isn't as high enough and falls off the airship. Bowser Jr. is quick to think and flies down as the camera shows him disappear into the space below him, then pulling Bowser up, albeit with difficulty, into the portal.

The camera soon pans over the letter. It reads as follows:

"Dear fighter,

You have been courteously invited to partake in the Wishing Stars Championship. I wish to see the strongest fight against each other in the world I have created. The champion who stands above the rest will be granted one wish of their choosing. May the best champion seek victory and prove the strength of their will before all else."

As Mario jumps through the wormhole, he imagines a gigantic festival at Peach's Castle while he proposes to Peach in his wedding attire. Bowser jumping in imagines a strong and powerful castle with a large armada by his side, Kirby envisions a peaceful Popstar free of strife, Donkey Kong pictures a ripe forest filled with bananas to his hearts content, Link sees himself with a powerful sword imbued with enough light to stop all malice and Pikachu envisioning companionship among others of his kind.

Several characters such as Wario, Samus, Yoshi, Cloud, Snake, Terry and others are seen jumping into their own portals as well in a rapid sequence until the screen glares white. Sparkles appear to form the title of the Adventure Mode, Wishing Stars. The two options New Game, Continue and Settings as the white background fades out to show a view of a large green and blue planet from outer space.

Tl;dr: Master Hand sends a bunch of reformed Primids to hand out invites for a large competition. The winner will receive one wish of their choosing and of course, who wouldn't want that? In the meantime, something sinister appears to be happening in the backdrop with a suspicious entity behind imprisonment in a crimson cage.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I don't really think that's the same situation, Rhythm Heaven had a lot of fan demand and not much opposition, and Barista just happened to be chosen as a rep for the series.
Okay so I'll be honest, I guess the weird part is that like we know the Chorus Kids were scrapped characters from Brawl so it seems weird go with... honestly I was not even there for the vote so idk what the process was, just seems weird. I'm generally familiar with the Rhythm Heaven characters and their respective songs but I've never personally heard of Barista.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Rythmic
Job #bagillion: Submit an Indie Horror Rep that is based off Pizzeria Simulator and that is a Bear
No! no FNAF content in my Smash game so stop samping "Freddy Jumpscares the Competition!" or "Freddy Takes the Stage!" or whatever becaues Freddy is not going to join the fight.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #94: Submit a Gameplay Synopsis for the Adventure Mode

Now that we decided upon how our Adventure Mode would start and the general feel of the storyline; that being of a championship tournament style...we will begin deciding on what kind of gameplay the mode will have.

By default, we will be including the following submissions into voting. Making duplicate submissions of these will cause them to lumped together with them unless your submission is deemed different enough to warrant its own separate submission vote:

1. Like Subspace Emissary: Gameplay is very similar to that of Subspace
2. Like World of Light: Gameplay is very similar to that of World of Light

Please keep in the mind the original submission made by Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide and Wishing Stars when making submissions to ensure your submission fits well with the general feeling of the first trailer.

Alright I guess I might as well attempt to write my own bout of fan fiction.

Job 91: Wishing Stars

The trailer opens up on Final Destination with Master Hand overlooking the several worlds of Smash Bros. through different portals. The camera pans to the different portals showcasing what each character is doing in their respective worlds. Kirby is fighting off King Dedede who once again appears to be hoarding all of Dream Land's delicious food. Dedede swings a Waddle Doo at Kirby his hammer. Kirby inhales it becoming Beam Kirby and fires off an electric beam from his want at King Dedede sending him flying.

In the Mario world, Mario is battling Bowser Jr. atop an airship. Bowser Jr. shoots a cannon ball from his clown car that Mario narrowly avoids in slow motion. In the Zelda world Link is surrounded by Bokoblins as he desperately attempts to fend them off. The portals show off the various worlds faster as it goes by each one, passing by Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong swinging through vines, Samus getting ready to fight Mother Brain, Captain Falcon racing and Pokemon Trainer commanding Charizard to attack an opposing Mewtwo with Pikachu lending him a helping hand.

The camera pans over back to Master Hand from a front facing view as it raises over him to reveal a glowing crimson orb. The camera switches over the to the orb which reveals a sinister face appearing from within it, something akin to Giygas from Earthbound. Master Hand rears his head/face/front facing area(?????) and sees the crimson orb slowly bulging as if something was trying to escape from it. Master Hand releases its own ball of yellow light that splits into several more and spreads it across each of the portals.

Meanwhile over at the Mushroom Kingdom where Mario is combatting Bowser Jr., Mario shoots a fireball to which Bowser Jr. hops out of his clown car with his hammer in hand attempting to swing at Mario. Before as Bowser Jr. gets his swing off, Mario readies a punch by swinging his arm backwards. Just the two land their hits, colliding their attacks, Bowser steps onto the field and lets out a mighty roar scaring both of them.

Bowser slowly walks, shaking the entire airship as he walks. Mario readies his fists as his old arch-nemesis finally enters the fray. Instead of attacking Mario however, Bowser points up to the sky. Both Mario and Bowser Jr. look up to the sky to see a large wormhole appear. From the wormhole, the small ball of yellow light emerges. Upon reaching the airship, it immediately transforms into a small little creature that looks very similar to a Primid but without the Subspace symbol, its face is a light yellow instead of purple, has tiny little angelic wings and a red top hat.

The creature which will be dubbed as an "Infitemite" (because it just sounded funny lol) hands Mario a letter while performing flamboyant flips and strikes a pose. Mario opens the letter first but Bowser Jr. gets greedy and snatches it from him showing it to his dad. Mario dizzy, looks up and sees the two have a shocked expression on their faces. Mario takes back the letter and eyes it over and reacts in the same way as his eyes gloss over the letter.

Across several other dimensions, the respective characters meet their own Infitemites with differently coloured top hats. What could be written in the letter that is invigorating all the characters of Super Smash Bros.? Mario drops the letter and runs jumping right into the portal. The suction is enough to pull him. Frustrated, Bowser runs after him but his jump isn't as high enough and falls off the airship. Bowser Jr. is quick to think and flies down as the camera shows him disappear into the space below him, then pulling Bowser up, albeit with difficulty, into the portal.

The camera soon pans over the letter. It reads as follows:

"Dear fighter,

You have been courteously invited to partake in the Wishing Stars Championship. I wish to see the strongest fight against each other in the world I have created. The champion who stands above the rest will be granted one wish of their choosing. May the best champion seek victory and prove the strength of their will before all else."

As Mario jumps through the wormhole, he imagines a gigantic festival at Peach's Castle while he proposes to Peach in his wedding attire. Bowser jumping in imagines a strong and powerful castle with a large armada by his side, Kirby envisions a peaceful Popstar free of strife, Donkey Kong pictures a ripe forest filled with bananas to his hearts content, Link sees himself with a powerful sword imbued with enough light to stop all malice and Pikachu envisioning companionship among others of his kind.

Several characters such as Wario, Samus, Yoshi, Cloud, Snake, Terry and others are seen jumping into their own portals as well in a rapid sequence until the screen glares white. Sparkles appear to form the title of the Adventure Mode, Wishing Stars. The two options New Game, Continue and Settings as the white background fades out to show a view of a large green and blue planet from outer space.

Tl;dr: Master Hand sends a bunch of reformed Primids to hand out invites for a large competition. The winner will receive one wish of their choosing and of course, who wouldn't want that? In the meantime, something sinister appears to be happening in the backdrop with a suspicious entity behind imprisonment in a crimson cage.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 94

Zelda II style

So basically there would be an overworld map in a vein similar to World Of Light but it would be more open and not on set paths like in WOL, in this open world it would be populated with shadows that follow you if you get too close, you enter a battle on the Battlefield variation of the specific world theme you are in, defeat all the enemies to go back to the open world. there would also be lines of spirits that block your path as well as bosses, those work the same as they did in WOL.

How this factors into the tournament: Each round of the tournament sends each fighter to a separate dimension based on one of the many worlds featured in the game. Each Fighter has to battle their way through various minions and free spirits until they get to the center arena where they duke it out to see who the winner is.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Huge Connected Map with fast travel hub world

Since their are so many characters I think the game should go down the metroid route and have. a huge interconnected map based oh different franchises, by going though the story you unlock new items to unlock new areas, and since it's so open you can do some quests or tournaments out of order

How tournaments work is that their are multible ranks of tournaments for fighters to go in and you get the wishing stars by completing these ranks, the ranks are

Mushroom Rank (Mario)
Goron Rank (Link)
Octo Rank (Splatoon)
Popstar Rank (Kirby)
Stardust Rank (Sonic)
Devil Rank (Mega Man)
Asteroid Rank (Metroid)
Starman Rank (Mother)

Complete all the ranks (in any order) and you unlock the Finale Rank for the final boss

Instead of fast travel you can go though Star Shaped Portals and travel to a fast travel town linking the other portals, personally this town would use the Flipside theme

That Is all i have to say on that

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Job 94 - Smash RPG
The best name I could come up with for it. Basically, each world is made up of a single large stage, almost like a miniature metroidvania map (Small in comparison to something like Hollow Knight or Bloodstained, at least). There's a big hub world to select the world, but there's also some portals that connect the different worlds, with some places requiring these portals to access instead of just finding them while exploring.

There's also NPCs scattered throughout the map, who'll send you on sidequests or sell you items. These items are basically actual items, which you can bring out by mapping them to the taunt button. Of course, these are temporary, like normal items. You can also get equipment, like armor and gauntlets, and give them to your characters in the vein the Smash 4 stat customization.

It's... kinda similar to Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 's idea, actually, just with more RPG stuff.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
You know I'd submit something but the submissions right now are already what I was having in mind and I'm already kind of honoured to have my idea chosen so I'll let my creative juices take a break for this one.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue submissions for the Adventure Mode gameplay as well as votes for Gold Mode results with voting results upcoming.

1. Treasure Tussle
2. Smash Quest

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Aand voting for the Gold Mode has closed. Here's the tally!

1619297003986.png
Congrats PeridotGX PeridotGX , the Mystery Dungeon-inspired Treasure Tussle makes its way into Infinite as a new mode! The full description of said mode can be found here:

New Mode: Treasure Tussle!

This new mode would take insparation from, among other things, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Smash Tour. Uniquely, this mode has no Single-Console Multiplayer mode, only being avalible in single player with 4-12 CPUs and online with 4-12 players (there's a good reason for this). After everyone selects their character, they're spawned into a massive room, similar to a dungeon from a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game. Unlike a PMD dungeon, it's only one floor, but is much bigger to compensate (a four player map is about 1.5x the size of the average PMD room, and a 12 player map is almost 5x). Like in PMD, it's 100% randomly generated. The players all spawn in a random location decently far from eachother, with brand new 16-bit sprites unique to this mode. The players walk around the dungeon, picking up the gold, items, and stat boosters. These get put in an inventory.

If two players collide, they get into a battle. This is a one stock battle on a random stage. The fighting characters can bring one item they found on the map into the battle, and are boosted by all the stat boosts they acquired. Once one player beats another, the winner takes about 75% of the loser's gold and items, and the loser gets a 50% stat reduction and teleported to another part of the map to recalibrate. Other players are entirely unaffected by this, they can continue on like it was nothing (on the map, there's a little dust cloud to symbolize a fight). There can be multiple fights going on at once! Once the timer reaches zero (which can be custom-set to anything from 8-20 minutes), a winner is declared. Everyone keeps the gold they acquired, and spirits are also provideded (more items and stat boosts translate to more, higher quality spirits)
For now, we'll continue letting in submissions for Job #94 for a bit just so everyone has had a fair shot of submitting something. Good Luck everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom