• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My personal standard is asking myself one question: if you ask the layperson "What is X?" what would they answer?

If you ask people "What is James Bond?" or "What is GoldenEye?" most people would answer "A movie" (even though it's technically a book series). If you ask them "Where is Spider-Man from?" the majority of people will tell you he's from comic books. But if you ask people "What is The Witcher?" I think the majority will tell you it's a videogame series (or, lately, maybe a TV show based on a videogame series).

If it's the latter case then I'm OK with it in Smash.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
That seems a bit inconsistent especially with James Bond, Using this Logic, Goku would count because of Dragon Ball's Popularization of the Anime Arena Fighter, Specifically the Tenkaichi games which released on Wii and the Xenoverse games which are on Switch, and also 2D anime fighters with help from ArcSys/ It's a slippery slope and I want to know how far we should descend.

EDIT: Kotor is not on switch it was just a rumor.
I mean, that does count towards influence on gaming. Though, James Bond is also pretty well-known beyond his games, so even if GoldenEye is an N64 darling, it count potentially kick the floodgates wide open.

I think this should be a case-by-case basis, preferably with a voting process.
My personal standard is asking myself one question: if you ask the layperson "What is X?" what would they answer?

If you ask people "What is James Bond?" or "What is GoldenEye?" most people would answer "A movie" (even though it's technically a book series). If you ask them "Where is Spider-Man from?" the majority of people will tell you he's from comic books. But if you ask people "What is The Witcher?" I think the majority will tell you it's a videogame series (or, lately, maybe a TV show based on a videogame series).

If it's the latter case then I'm OK with it in Smash.
I can get behind this mindset. If the games have eclipsed the original work, we let them in.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I can get behind this mindset. If the games have eclipsed the original work, we let them in.
I personally disagree because regardless of Public Perception the Witcher franchise is still a book series with a game adaptation.

I would say I'm fine with things that are from a movie or show as long as that movie/show is an adaptation or spun-off from a game.

but that's like my opinion, I feel like an official statement here could finish this conversation.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's a tentative submission, I'll see if this pans out and consider removing it.
Undertale
Waterfall
Waterfall is an area in Undertale, a 2015 RPG that was an almost instant hit. Waterfall is a midgame location, with beautiful scenery that contrasts very well with the armed soldier trying to kill you. The Smash incarnation of the stage is something of an amalgam of different parts of Undertale’s Waterfall. The main platform uses the standard type of rocks found in Waterfall, and the floating platforms resemble the bridges seen in the Undyne chase scenes. Waterfall has waterfalls that flow on both sides of the stage, but like the ones on Kongo Falls they’re a background element and can’t be swam in. New Home can be seen in the distance. The stage is NOT pixel art, everything is updated to high quality 3D models.

The stage’s central gimmick are the Bridge Seeds. Bridge Seeds occasionally spawn like items do, out of the sky at random. They spawn about as often as items when set to “rare”. The way they spawn doesn’t consider them an item, meaning they spawn at the same regardless if no items or every item is activated. They can be picked up like items (they make the little squeak sound from Undetale upon being picked up). Unlike in Undertale, they are held in the hand instead of on the head. They act like standard items (such as the Pokeball and Smoke Ball), being able to be thrown around and replacing most imputs.

Bridge Seeds can’t hurt enemies, and if they touch the ground nothing happens. Pretty useless, right? No quite. If thrown down one of the sides of the stage, it blossoms and expands backwards, making a new platform! Bridge Seed Platforms are roughly one Training Mode Block tall and wide. They don’t have ledges, so they are mostly helpful for opponents launched upwards, not downwards. The small size makes it a poor camping place, as they can’t roll away or anything. After 45 seconds, the Bridge Seed Platform gets lost in the current and falls down. The Bridge seeds don’t spawn on the hazardless version of the stage. Rarely, upon selecting the stage, various parts of waterfall’s scenery spawn in the stage’s background (Echo Flowers, Sans’s sentry stand, and a vacant Dummy, among others). Pressing ZL and ZR puts this stage in “battle mode”. Everything but the fighters are in black and white. The textures of the parts of the stage are altered to make this look not terrible.

i'm playing with fire, let's see if the gamble pays off

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Here's a tentative submission, I'll see if this pans out and consider removing it.
Undertale
Waterfall
Waterfall is an area in Undertale, a 2015 RPG that was an almost instant hit. Waterfall is a midgame location, with beautiful scenery that contrasts very well with the armed soldier trying to kill you. The Smash incarnation of the stage is something of an amalgam of different parts of Undertale’s Waterfall. The main platform uses the standard type of rocks found in Waterfall, and the floating platforms resemble the bridges seen in the Undyne chase scenes. Waterfall has waterfalls that flow on both sides of the stage, but like the ones on Kongo Falls they’re a background element and can’t be swam in. New Home can be seen in the distance. The stage is NOT pixel art, everything is updated to high quality 3D models.

The stage’s central gimmick are the Bridge Seeds. Bridge Seeds occasionally spawn like items do, out of the sky at random. They spawn about as often as items when set to “rare”. The way they spawn doesn’t consider them an item, meaning they spawn at the same regardless if no items or every item is activated. They can be picked up like items (they make the little squeak sound from Undetale upon being picked up). Unlike in Undertale, they are held in the hand instead of on the head. They act like standard items (such as the Pokeball and Smoke Ball), being able to be thrown around and replacing most imputs.

Bridge Seeds can’t hurt enemies, and if they touch the ground nothing happens. Pretty useless, right? No quite. If thrown down one of the sides of the stage, it blossoms and expands backwards, making a new platform! Bridge Seed Platforms are roughly one Training Mode Block tall and wide. They don’t have ledges, so they are mostly helpful for opponents launched upwards, not downwards. The small size makes it a poor camping place, as they can’t roll away or anything. After 45 seconds, the Bridge Seed Platform gets lost in the current and falls down. The Bridge seeds don’t spawn on the hazardless version of the stage. Rarely, upon selecting the stage, various parts of waterfall’s scenery spawn in the stage’s background (Echo Flowers, Sans’s sentry stand, and a vacant Dummy, among others). Pressing ZL and ZR puts this stage in “battle mode”. Everything but the fighters are in black and white. The textures of the parts of the stage are altered to make this look not terrible.

I think I know what you're trying to do and it's very smart.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think I know what you're trying to do and it's very smart.
I'm gonna snitch on your cannibalistic plot!

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Could we perhaps make it so multiple submissions for one game or series are counted together, and should they win a second vote is held? Or some other measure to prevent the Undertale votes from cannibalising each other?

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I've spoken with Venus, and we will vote on whether Witcher content will be allowed. We will come up with guidelines for other edge case non game content later, although due to the complexity of each specific case it is likely that we will go by votes on a case by case basis rather than by a set in stone list of rules. We will also likely combine the two undertale submissions.

hopefully that link works.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I'm gonna snitch on your cannibalistic plot!

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Could we perhaps make it so multiple submissions for one game or series are counted together, and should they win a second vote is held? Or some other measure to prevent the Undertale votes from cannibalising each other?
This kinda reminded me when 2 Sonic bosses almost got in and I was kinda meh about that possibility because of the lack of diversity if it did happen. That was a unique situation though since 2 submissions could win though.

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Job #92: Terraria World

This would act similarly to Super Mario Maker, Minecraft World, and Flat Zone where the terrain will generate semi-randomly, have different biomes, and be completely flat. All normal stages will be walk-offs and may have holes here and there. There will be some place on the stage that leads to a cave below the stage for each biome, and every biome has the chance of including the Dungeon exterior, excluding the Forest. Slimes and other enemies are considered hazards, trees and plants can be broken, and killed enemies/NPCs will go out with a poof to stay family friendly. The Battlefield form will have wooden platforms, and the edges will be close to squared.

Keep in mind: I've hardly played newer Terraria and never fought the bosses, so there may be some inaccuracies and essential details left out.

Forest

This biome is pretty basic: it has trees, slimes, rabbits, and nearly flat generation. There may be a hill or a decently-sized house off to the side, but overall it's simple. Sometimes it'll be covered in snow. The Battlefield form will have grass around the stage.

Desert

Similar to the Forest, but it has cacti and simple generation but with a higher chance to generate a hill/dune. Vultures swoop down occasionally.

Corruption

The Corruption has trees and larger holes and caves than the previous biomes. This biome will combine with the desert or snow biome sometimes. Eaters of Souls fly around sometimes and can attack. The Battlefield form has Corrupted grass around the stage.

Jungle

The Jungle has trees, bamboo, vines, and sometimes small pools of water. Slimes spawn here mostly with bats flying around in the sky. Snatchers can be seen moving through the caves sometimes and can hurt anyone down there. Grass will surround the Battlefield form.

Dungeon

The Dungeon has the lowest chance of appearing; with that, it can be L-loaded on the Stage Select Screen. Upon selecting the stage, a random section of the Dungeon will be chosen, although there are only a few areas available due to how large it is. No enemies spawn here, but very rarely a Dark Caster can appear. The Dungeon has unique Battlefield platforms where they are bricks that have the same color as the stage.

Underworld

The Underworld is very dangerous, but it is the second rarest biome to appear. It's nearly flat, lava usually appears in pools or on the sides, and demons fly about occasionally. With hazards off, neither of those appear. The platforms are made of obsidian bricks.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Undertale
Waterfall

you know, I've been looking it over and I don't think this stage is up to snuff. It can be improved, and deserves to be added in it's improved state. I will hold off on adding this stage until a later date.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 92

Was going to try and find something better to submit but I've been busy the last day or so. So I'll submit this instead so I can get something in

Jump Rope Challenge
jump-rope-challenge-switch-hero.jpg

The stage would be basically as it looks in game. The rabbit will be jumping rope in the middle of a green screen. Both ledges are walk offs. The stage overall is just pretty plain. However, a jump rope will swing through the stage and the players must jump over it. Failure to do so will result in damage and knockback. You can also attack the rabbit and if you do he will jump rope even faster, causing the swings to happen more frequently

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 92

Was going to try and find something better to submit but I've been busy the last day or so. So I'll submit this instead so I can get something in

Jump Rope Challenge
View attachment 312233

The stage would be basically as it looks in game. The rabbit will be jumping rope in the middle of a green screen. Both ledges are walk offs. The stage overall is just pretty plain. However, a jump rope will swing through the stage and the players must jump over it. Failure to do so will result in damage and knockback. You can also attack the rabbit and if you do he will jump rope even faster, causing the swings to happen more frequently
Hmm, this sounds more like an AT to me, but that's just me.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job 92

Jump Rope Challenge
View attachment 312233

I like the idea, however this job is for third parties without a fighter only, and Jump Rope Challenge is a first party title, and therefore not eligible. Do keep it in mind for later jobs though!

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I like the idea, however this job is for third parties without a fighter only, and Jump Rope Challenge is a first party title, and therefore not eligible. Do keep it in mind for later jobs though!
Ah ****, I knew something felt off while I was typing that up. Will come back in a minute with a new one

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
We will also likely combine the two undertale submissions.
I guess it's a moot point since one of them withdrew their submission, but for other future instances... I don't think this approach makes much sense. Fusing different submissions because they're from the same series? We haven't done that for any prompt before now. And by doing it that way there's a chance that a stage could win the vote without being the most voted for.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be closing submissions in a little bit. I was tied up with something last night and I wasn’t able to close the Adventure Mode trailer but we can leave that up for a bit longer.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Aaand, it's closed. Hopefully everyone was able to send their submission in. Well, we'll continue with the voting for it now.

For transparency's sake, these are the current rules for voting:
  • Ranked Voting: The amount of votes a submission gets depends on its placement. 1st place gets three points, 2nd place gets two, while 3rd gets 1.
  • Voting for your own submission is allowed, though you may only place it at either 2nd or 3rd. Ultimately receiving 2 or 1 points only.
Now please vote for your top three, these are the candidates. Also, please don't forget the fact that the winning series will be unable to receive a fighter in the future. The stakes are high on this one. This one's going to be quite interesting.

Just to remind everyone, the trailer prompt for the Adventure Mode is still open and will be closed tonight. So if you still want to put something out, now's the chance!

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
1. Tilted Towers (Fortnite would work better as a stage anyways)
2. Isle of Tims
3. Freddy Fazbear's Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom