• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
First Party
1. Murasame
2. Grima
3. Giygas

Third Party
1. Perfect Chaos (sharklord)
2. Ender Dragon
3 Devil

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
First Party Boss:
Pokemon Boss (My Rayquaza / Mega Rayquaza wasn't on this list? Was it a mistake or because it was partially an old boss?)
Kracko
Kraid

Third Party Boss
Ender Dragon
Devil
Gruntilda

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Should we combine votes for Sharklord and BowserKing's submissions for Perfect Chaos. If we're gonna try to prevent vote splitting for Pokemon this seems pretty logical to me too. Albeit judging by the number of likes Sharklord's post got he may not have much trouble getting him submitted, but it'd be nice to clear this up for future reference.

Anyways

First Party:
Giygas
Rudy the Clown
Plasm Wraith

Third Party:
Great Mighty Poo
Devil
Perfect Chaos (Sharklord)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Should we combine votes for Sharklord and BowserKing's submissions for Perfect Chaos. If we're gonna try to prevent vote splitting for Pokemon this seems pretty logical to me too. Albeit judging by the number of likes Sharklord's post got he may not have much trouble getting him submitted, but it'd be nice to clear this up for future reference.

Anyways

First Party:
Giygas
Rudy the Clown
Plasm Wraith

Third Party:
Great Mighty Poo
Devil
Perfect Chaos (Sharklord)
Generally duplicate entries won’t be combined together but, rather, contend with each other. Pokémon is a bit different as there are five total different entries with varying levels of popularity. We had three entries for Metroid Prime for Dark Samus and we voted on all three of them. That being said, I may consider this route in the future fir certain submissions.

Paraster Paraster , I added it in. I remember seeing it but I must have forgotten to add it in.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
With the addition of Ashley and Medusa, shouldn't Kid Icarus and Wario's total music counts go up?
Technically no, as they didn’t get a stage added with them. That being said, we decided to hold off on adding a third Wario-related stage and to decide later if we want to include one. if that’s the case, then the music cap will go up by a little bit.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
First party boss:
Giygas
Kraid
Plasm Wraith

Third party boss:
Gruntilda
Metal Gear RAY
Perfect Chaos (SharkLord)

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
3rd party bosses
Kamoshida
Ender Dragon
Devil

1st party bosses
Pokemon Boss
Homunculus
Murasame

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
First Party
  • Pokemon
  • Murasame
  • King Bob-Omb

Just to double check, when will we be doing the October Direct Newcomer?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
First party
1. Homunculus y
2. Plasm Wraith
3. Rudy the Clown

Third Party
1. Metal Gear RAY
2. Ender Dragon
3. Devil

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job 59: Submit a First-Party Franchise for Our Newcomer

We will be progressing forward to our next job following the results which clearly show that the winner is a “a new series that doesn’t have a fighter yet”. This kind of resembles our first job where Isaac was included but that was limited to only content that appeared in Ultimate. This time, any first-party series that doesn’t have a fighter yet is viable.

Please only submit the franchise and a short explanation why this series deserves to have a fighter. Please don’t recommend or suggest any fighters to include as that may limit the results during our voting period. That being said, it’s understandable that some series, like Chibi-Robo or Mysterious Castle Murasame, may be in of itself limited to character representation to only one charactet. If one of these series that’s limited to one justifiable character to be selected, I have a back-up plan on what the character submission period will look like. This plan will look slightly different then what we usually do. It will combine both the character submission job plus the moveset submission job into one job entirely.

Finally, when making a submission plus voting - please keep in mind our roster order. In terms of the character select menu, this character will come after Ashley but in our thread menu, they will come after Medusa.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 59: Ring Fit Adventure

now, I admit there are other series I personally would prefer, however I think Ring Fit Adventure deserves to be included more. It is a modern, successful Nintendo IP that could lend itself to an interesting character so I think it's a perfect fit to be included

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 59

Rhythm Heaven

Rhythm heave is Nintendo's Premiere rhythm game franchise having titles from the Gameboy advance to the 3DS, This series has so many colorful characters and settings that a spot in Nintendo's big crossover is not uncalled for as it has sold well all over the globe and would bring a unique style not seen in many other places to Smash.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
First Party Franchise: Famicom Detective Club

while the series on its own is pretty small with only 2 game on the Famicom, 1 sequel in the Satellaview which were lost and a remake of the first 2 game released on the Nintendo Switch and has just been localized for the first time means that the series itself is on a high peak of it's existence. It's pretty much rare to see an old game, let alone a Japan only game, gets relevant again that have not yet represented in Smash other than Fire Emblem. Plus, it would make a good representation of both mystery and visual novel.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job #59: Ring Fit Adventure
View attachment 304827

Ring Fit Adventure is a fitness game that came out in October 2019 and is one of the best-selling Switch games, with over 8 million copies being shipped as of December 2020 (for better or worse, considering most of its sales came during 2020).

There are two potential candidates for this spot:
  • Ring Fit Trainee: They may seem like an easy :ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm: Echo on paper, but I've played the game enough to where I can safely confirm that this wouldn't be the case at all. That fancy Ring companian of theirs provides plenty of material that can set them apart from their Wii Fit predecessors.
  • Dragaux: Definitely one of the more popular characters, but he could go either way in Infinite. He could either be down scaled to work, or he could be a boss (I commisioned @TKOWL for that idea back at the end of 2019).
I-I already submitted Ring Fit

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #59
Mole Mania

Mole Mania is a lesser known creation of Shigeru Miyamoleto, overshadowed upon its initial release by the hype of Pokemania. Mole Mania would provide much needed representation to puzzle genre, specifically the sokoban subgenre. It is a game with a devoted cult following and is relatively high profile among Nintendo fans in spite of its commercial failiure, where die-hard Nintendo fans who haven't played the game would likely recognise its characters to an extent while fans of the game would be experiencing a dream come true. The game has a surreal yet charming world that would lend itself well to Smash, with cozy countrysides and cheery tundras juxtaposed against bizarre enemies and bosses. The Game Boy, its home console, has recieved little representation in Smash despite being the 3rd best selling game console of all time. Mole Mania is widely considered one of the best games the Game Boy has to offer, placing #13 on NintendoLife's community voted best Game Boy games list, in front of iconic and beloved games such as Kirby's Dream Land 2, Super Mario Land 2 and even Metroid 2; as well as being placed #19 on a similar list written by Jeremy Parish for Polygon, beating out Kid Dracula, Harvest Moon GB, and - once again - Metroid 2.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job 59: -Dillon's- Rolling Western Series.
1614126715408.png

What is this series?
DRW is a tower defense game series where you control Dillon, an armadillo ranger who protects various villages around the area. In a twist the other tower-defense games don't do, you control a character that moves around and can even attack grocks which want the villages scrogs.

Why this series?
Dillon's Rolling Western is a trilogy of games that have a small but passionate fanbase, with tons of awesome songs and charming cast, if it were given another life it could be one of Nintendo's greatest small series yet. It could also add another diverse set of themes that are popular, as we never had anything close to a western stage and character.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
As expected, I was beaten to Rhythm Heaven. No matter,

Job 59:
The Mysterious Murasame Castle
1614124651550.png

Released in 1986 for the Famicom Disk system, the Mysterious Murasame Castle has you playing as samurai Takamaru as he goes through several castles (including the titular.Murasame Castle). in an attempt to take the down the aptly named Murasame.

While initially exclusive to Japan, it has since been released worldwide on the 3ds vitural console in 2014, and has made countless appearances and cameos throughout multiple notable games at this point, such as a starring attraction in NintendoLand with "Takamaru's Ninja Castle", and Takamaru himself being featured in prior Smash games as an assist trophy. I'd say Murasame Castle has garnered enough worldwide notrriety at this point to be considered as a potential slot for a first party pick.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Job 59: Dragalia Lost
logo_title.png

(This is the only logo I could find).

Dragalia Lost is Nintendo's first original IP for mobile devices. Made in collaboration with CyGames, it plays as a typical Action RPG on mobile devices would play. However, the main selling point is the ability to transform into powerful Dragons during gameplay, granting massive boosts to stats. I believe this game should be represented by virtue of being significant to Nintendo's history, showing that they are willing to enter the mobile market with new, original IPs in store.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
1614125803079.png

Job 59 - Astral Chain
Astral Chain is a "symbiotic action" game owned by Nintendo and developed by PlatinumGames. It takes place in the future on an artificial island known as the Ark humanity's last bastion against mysterious otherworldly invaders known as the Chimeras. You take control of a member of NEURON, an organization dedicated to the safety of this Ark. The gameplay revolves around the variety brought on by the Legion, a weapon created from Chimeras, which acts as your partner.

Astral Chain is a recent success of the Switch, selling over a million copies. Nintendo now fully owns the IP, and it appears that they have more plans in store for the new series. As such, it's clear to see why Nintendo would want to add a fighter from this game, especially in the near-future where they are bound to have begun the expansion already.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
View attachment 304843
Job 59 - Astral Chain
Astral Chain is a "symbiotic action" game owned by Nintendo and developed by PlatinumGames. It takes place in the future on an artificial island known as the Ark humanity's last bastion against mysterious otherworldly invaders known as the Chimeras. You take control of a member of NEURON, an organization dedicated to the safety of this Ark. The gameplay revolves around the variety brought on by the Legion, a weapon created from Chimeras, which acts as your partner.

Astral Chain is a recent success of the Switch, selling over a million copies. Nintendo now fully owns the IP, and it appears that they have more plans in store for the new series. As such, it's clear to see why Nintendo would want to add a fighter from this game, especially in the near-future where they are bound to have begun the expansion already.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Pirst Farty boss:
Homunculus γ
Murasame
Plasm Wraith

Abstaining for Third Party boss.

Job 59: Sin & Punishment
f0de1cc5-9860-4c8b-ac1d-fdf45bb5d820.png
Sin & Punishment, first released exclusively in Japan in 2000, is a rail shooting video game co-developed by Nintendo and Treasure. The series is a duology of games, first focusing on the exploits of Saki and Airan in the dystopian future where famine holds humanity with an iron grip. The second game, Star Successor, follows Isa Jo and his efforts to protect a mysterious girl from being hunted down. The video game is known as a cult classic, demonstrating the technical and control prowess of the Nintendo 64. Its gameplay focuses on fast paced, arcade style shooting action. The player is equipped with guns and swords to defeat seemingly endless waves of enemies. The series represents a period of Nintendo history that sees very little representation in Smash, with only several characters and their series originating in the Nintendo 64.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 59

Excite, better known as Excitebike, is a franchise that started out on the NES and was a hit, got a few well-recieved sequels past that original game, one involving trucks and another robots (hence the all-inclusive name Excite), before dying out after the Wii, only seeing rereleases of the original title past then. The gameplay of the original has you race other BMX bikers, and that's that. Excite Truck follows a similar formula, but you have to score points on top of getting a good placement (and, in case it's not obvious, you are a truck). And I haven't played Excitebots but I'm sure it follows a similar formula of racing. (Though I suggest we don't add them in, as the game is not available outside of NA).
The series is one of the few first-party NES all-star games to not have a playable character in Smash Ultimate-heck, they even removed the Assist Trophy! I'll say an Excite rep is a long time coming, whether it be a bike, a truck, or something else entirely!

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job 59: Pandora's Tower

Pandora's Tower, along with The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles was a game part of Operation Rainfall; A fan campaign launched in 2011 that worked to promote Japanese games that were obscure in the West or had not been released. Its original goal was the localization of those three games. With Operation Rainfall proving to be an enormous success, all three games were able to get localized and be played by a Western audience. It's safe to assume that without this event, the Xenoblade Chronicles franchise would not be as big as it is now.

Now with there already being Xenoblade Chronicles representation in Smash, where are their brethren? Pandora's Tower was the last localized game of Project Rainfall. With Smash for Wii U featuring both Aeron and Elena, the two main characters of the game, as a Trophy, and Ultimate featuring them both as Spirits, I say they are more than eligible to become playable characters.

But now what is Pandora's Tower exactly? Pandora's Tower is an Action-RPG released on the Wii by Nintendo. You, the player, take the role of Aeron as he explores a fortress called the Thirteen Towers with his trusty chains, he does this to cure his lover Elena of a curse. While Aeron is within the Towers, a time counter is displayed, showing the advancement of the curse. As Aeron defeats both normal enemies and the Masters of each Tower, he gathers flesh from them which he must give to Elena to eat and reverse the curse's effects, resetting the timer.

I am hopeful that if this game gets proper representation within Smash, people would be curious about the franchise and start demanding for a HD remake in the same vein as Xenoblade Chronicles HD. Heck, maybe even a sequel could follow suit?

Also the music is really good. It deserves it for that alone. yes.

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Boss Votes

First Party

1. Giygas
2. Plasm Wraith
3. Pokemon boss

Third Party
1. Gruntilda
2. Perfect Chaos (SharkLord)
3. Ender Dragon

Job 59

6105_chibirobo.png

Chibi-Robo is a notable, smaller series of adventure games that got its start with a cult-classic GameCube title. In each installment, you play as Chibi-Robo, a member of the titular line of CitruSoft-made miniscule robots that help families with household tasks. You go around cleaning the house, cooking, helping the family, helping the toys that are all alive while the family's not looking, and occasionally fighting malevolent nanomachine spiders; all while managing your battery by plugging in when necessary. It really is a pretty quirky game. Oh, I forgot to mention one of your more important late-game tasks: keeping the family from being torn apart by divorce. Really, despite its quirky nature, the original's heartfelt and hard-hitting moments are probably why it's endured so long.

It's had a number of attempted followups and formula shakeups since then, but it's never quite succeeded in either topping the original or hitting the mainstream despite Nintendo's apparent interest in getting the IP moving. You know what would raise awareness of the series like nobody's business? An inclusion in Smash Bros.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Submit a First-Party Franchise for Our Newcomer
Untitled.png

Custom Robo is an RPG series about collecting and customizing small robots to have them battle each other in real-time combat. With a large amount of robots with different attributes, as well as parts and weapons to fine-tune their abilities further, there's a wide array of ways to play. The series began in 1999 on the Nintendo 64, with later games released on the Game Boy Advance, GameCube, and DS. The series hasn't had a large presence outside of Japan, but the GameCube game in particular has been something of a cult classic.
With the wide array of options for customization, Custom Robo has a lot of different directions you could take for a fighter and the flashy attacks you could give them. The game's "holosseums," small virtual colosseums, allow a lot of options for stages. In addition, despite the series's lack of entries for the past couple generations, it has retained a presence in Smash Bros., with Ultimate in particular giving it a Mii costume and multiple Spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom