• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Anton and Annie
Antonball Deluxe
Advanced class grab support - Thrown Items Up

Stage: Mario Bros. (Hazards off)
Song: Boiler City
Opponents: Red plumber Wario, green dress Villager
Rules: Footballs spawn often, hostile Colour TV Game Assist Trophies appear.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Anton and Annie
Antonball Deluxe
Advanced class - Thrown Items Up

Stage: Mario Bros. (Hazards off)
Song: Boiler City
Opponents: Red plumber Wario, green dress Villager
Rules: Footballs spawn often, hostile Colour TV Game Assist Trophies appear.
There's no mention of a type nor if it's support/primary...

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NOTE: Beheaded has been protected by SharkLord SharkLord until further notice.
The Beheaded (Dead Cells)

Opponent: Male Byleth
Ace class neutral support spirit - Weapon Attack Up
Stage: Dracula's Castle
Song: Jail of Jewel (It's a Castlevania song, and Dead Cells is a metroidvania. Plus the game is about escaping a prison aka jail, where there are lots of jewels to collect)
Behavior: The enemy is attracted to items. The enemy uses a wide array of attacks. The enemy rolls often.
Rules: Items (including Beam Swords, Killing Edges, Pitfalls, Killer Eyes, Bob-ombs, Ore Clubs, etc) appear often.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Suggestion: if a new first party franchise ends up winning in the poll, can we have it to where we then suggest franchises rather than characters? For example, we would say Rhythm Heaven, Sin & Punishment, Custom Robo, etc., rather than Karate Joe, Saki, Ray, etc. After a specific franchise gets nominated, then we would submit individual characters.

I just feel like this would be the most fair given that some series like Starfy really only have one option (Starfy), while other series like Rhythm Heaven have tons (Karate Joe, Chorus Kids, Rhythm Girl, etc.).

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Suggestion: if a new first party franchise ends up winning in the poll, can we have it to where we then suggest franchises rather than characters? For example, we would say Rhythm Heaven, Sin & Punishment, Custom Robo, etc., rather than Karate Joe, Saki, Ray, etc. After a specific franchise gets nominated, then we would submit individual characters.

I just feel like this would be the most fair given that some series like Starfy really only have one option (Starfy), while other series like Rhythm Heaven have tons (Karate Joe, Chorus Kids, Rhythm Girl, etc.).
I second this idea, as otherwise Rhythm Heaven would get shafted pretty hard since the various RH reps would cannibalize each other, while almost every other series only has one rep suitable for being a fighter.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I can only think of 1 spirit, I would also do Dwight Fairfield but I really can't think of a good one for him
Olive Higgins (Purrfect Apawcalypse)​
1614022782032.png
Type: Grab Secondary
Effect: Teammates deal more damage in team battle
(if an effect like that isn't allowed then)
Effect: Grab attacks deal more damage
Opponents: :ultisabelle: (alt 8), :ultkirby: (default), and :ultwolf: (alt 4)

Conditions:
  • The main opponent (:ultisabelle:) is weak
  • Defeat the main opponent to win
Stage: Luigi's Mansion (still don't have a real school stage, so this is gonna be from the second game)
Music: Mad Monster Mansion

Paraster

Smash Lord
Three spirits for the indie event. (I have more Cave Story ones, but I'm holding off on those to stay with the "no more than 3 at once" rule...and because I hope Quote will be made playable here or in Ultimate.)
Untitled.png
Cadence
Origin:
Crypt of the NecroDancer (2015; released on Switch 2018, crossed over with Zelda in Cadence of Hyrule)
Class: ✩✩ Advanced
Type: Primary/Attack
Trait: Battering Items Power ↑
Support Slots: 3
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin (red)
  • Stage: Castle Siege (underground phase)
  • Music Track: Tal Tal Heights
  • Match: Timed
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy is easily distracted by items
    • The enemy deals damage when falling
JAPBalrog.png
Balrog (Cave Story)
Origin:
Cave Story (2004; later released on WiiWare, DSiWare, 3DS, and Switch)
Type: Support/Grab
Skill: Strong Throw
Cost: 1 slot
  • Puppet Fighter: King Dedede (grey)
  • Stage: Jungle Japes (Ω form)
  • Music Track: Mischievous Robot
  • Match: Stock
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy favors up specials
Untitled.png
The Doctor
Origin:
Cave Story (2004; later released on WiiWare, DSiWare, 3DS, and Switch)
Class: ✩✩✩ Ace
Trait: N/A
Support Slots: 2
  • Puppet Fighter: Dr. Mario (red)
  • Stage: Castle Dedede (Ω form)
  • Music Track: Mischievous Robot
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy will suddenly have a Final Smash
    • The enemy is giant when the enemy’s at high damage
    • The enemy has increased jump power when the enemy's at high damage

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Can I request that the Beheaded is held back until the final presentation? There's a couple indies I think would end up coming before him, but I want to see if he actually has a shot as a fighter.

(P.S. Play Dead Cells so me and Janx aren't the only ones who acknowledge it on this site)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Can I request that the Beheaded is held back until the final presentation? There's a couple indies I think would end up coming before him, but I want to see if he actually has a shot as a fighter.

(P.S. Play Dead Cells so me and Janx aren't the only ones who acknowledge it on this site)
Sure thing!

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
[Picture]
Switch_TheStretchers_description-char (1).png
[TD]The Stretchers [The Stretchers]
Class: 1 star
Type: [Primary)(Attack), 2 slots
Effect: Heals small amounts of damage at random intervals
  • Puppet Fighter: Fighter Red and Blue Dr Marios
  • Stage: Saffron City
  • Music Track: Fever(Dr Mario)
  • Match: 1 stock
  • Conditions: None
[/TD]

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
[TD]The Stretchers [The Stretchers]
Class: 1 star
Type: [Primary)(Attack), 2 slots
Effect: Heals small amounts of damage at random intervals
  • Puppet Fighter: Fighter Red and Blue Dr Marios
  • Stage: Saffron City
  • Music Track: Fever(Dr Mario)
  • Match: 1 stock
  • Conditions: None
[/TD]

Wait, I thought Stretchers was first party.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
And since the last post acted odd here's the other spirit I'd like to submit

• Name - The Horrible Goose
  • Series and debut game - Untitled Goose Game
  • Type and class - 1 Star Support
  • Spirit ability - Grants a bottle of soda at start of the fight
  • The puppet fighter(s) White Banjo and Kazooie
  • Stage - Onett
  • Music - Electroplankton
  • Type of match - Timed
    Conditions - Soda Bottles, Fans, Food, Bannanas, and Cuccos rain down on the stage

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Not sure what to do for a third party boss, I'll try to to think of one later. As for the first party boss...
Job 58: RoboBrood

Although the boss has to be monstrous, I would count this one as a monster because the Broodals are a type of species in Super Mario Odyssey that isn't a human, and the robot itself has a monstrous form, so that's my opinion. Now onto the fight!

The arena is a large platform similar to the one where the original fight takes place.
For the attacks, there will probably be more, but these are the concepts I've taken from the original boss and some other ideas: (I may update the list later)
  • The RoboBrood stomps its feet around, burying anyone who was stepped on. This attack happens anytime the RoboBrood moves (It's how the RoboBrood walks), although sometimes it does it while stationary.
  • It shoots out bombs (the same kind that appears in Bowser's Kingdom). Not much to say, it just explodes and deals damage.
  • It shoots out a Pokio. It behaves like in the game, and stabs out its beak.
  • The RoboBrood grows jets on its legs, flies up, and falls back on the ground, similar to King Dedede.
  • A broodal comes out and attacks. Here are the Broodals that go out:
    • Spewart jumps out of his dome, stretches out his tongue, and creates a smaller poison floor, similar to those in several spirit battles.
    • Rango jumps out and then stands on his dome, where he throws his hat like a boomerang that goes around the Broodals legs and goes back to Rango.
    • Hariet quickly jumps out, takes off her hat, and uses her hair to throw bombs that explode into a firey explosion!
    • Topper jumps all the way to the ground, grows hats out of head, and spins around while crouching.
The way to defeat the RoboBrood is to attack the domes that have Broodals in it. Each dome has its own, smaller health bar. After KOing one dome, the RoboBrood falls, but the remaining domes are protected with a metal barrier. Once KOed, the RoboBrood explodes into fireworks.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yes, please reset the poll.

I honestly don't get Venus' obsession with pushing first party content.
Like a lit says, Smash is a Nintendo game and the base roster, traditionally, has more first party. It makes sense logistically and commercially. That being said, Infinite will include far more third new party characters in its base roster than 4 and Ultimate combined. I don’t plan on going I’m at changing up our timeline but, based on what I’ve laid out, we have about five more third party newcomers after Crash. This also doesn’t discount third-party echo fighters which numbers between 2-3.

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Would DJ Octavio in his octobot work as a boss for this prompt? I'm not sure if monstrous means reptilian and non humanoid, or big and works better as a boss than a fighter. Porky was a boss in Brawl, so DJ Octavio would be a similar sort of character.
DJ Octavio would be perfect

I'm a little confused on the new system. So Spirits can be promoted, but we still have to put them off to add them? Or is it just trying to get people on your side to get them added?
Basically, the Spirit will still be put into place but will remain in limbo until the final Direct. If it hasn’t been included in the roster yet, then it will remain as a Spirit.If it does become a character, then we remove its Spirit entry.

That was my original intention if this prompt wins.

I also missed that it had to be first party. I was also going to push for Jill too lol. Maybe we should reset the poll? It feels like a lot of people didn't notice that.
I’m “liking” posts that wanted to change their vote for, when the poll finishes, I will then replace the votes. It should work itself out in the end. I remove the option to change votes to make it fair and to eliminate cheating and vote switching last minute

I hope that we don’t add a Halloween/Horror character considering we just added the Goddess of Darkness and the girl next door living in the haunted mansion.
This is why paying attention the roster lineup is so important when submitting and voting. Not only are we voting in characters we like and want to see be included but also the best character in the roster. That’s how I base my voting on.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #58

First party boss: Murasame (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)

Murasame is the name used to refer to the main villain of The Mysterious Murasame Castle, an alien entity who possesses the ancient Murasame statue and corrupts the neighboring lords into causing chaos and destruction. The main goal in the game is for the player, as Takamaru, to defeat the lords, free them from Murasame's influence, and then head to the titular castle to confront the evil being.

Since TMMC is an old game, its designs are pretty simplistic, so Murasame will instead be mainly based on its appearance in Samurai Warriors 3, with its boss fight taking elements from both appearances. However, he'd be sized up, to be at least as tall as Dracula, both to fit with Smash's boss sensibilities and for reasons you'll find out soon. Murasame's moves include stomping the ground, swiping, a charge with its flaming horns, breathing fire, shooting lasers from its eyes, and a hover attack where he floats into the air, summons a bunch of fireballs to chase the player and then drops on them for massive damage. As in SW3, Murasame has a gemstone encrusted in each of its legs. These would be weak points, and destroying all four would leave Murasame in a stunned state (like most bosses in Ultimate). Its arena is a flat stage, set in a traditional Edo-era Japanese castle, albeit one covered in skull motifs (and actual skulls).

However, after defeating the statue, the second part of the fight would begin. The player would have to walk into Murasame, in a sequence reminiscent of Master Fortress (albeit much shorter). At the end of it they'd have to fight Murasame's Spirit, a giant, blue, snake-like creature who stays around the top of the screen. It has three attacks (shooting several projectiles which ricochet across the screen, shooting poisonous fangs straight at the fighter, and quickly lunging forward to take a bite). A good air game is crucial here.

Even if we don't add Takamaru as a fighter (which we totally should because he's awesome) it would be pretty cool to have a boss from a franchise that doesn't have a rep. And Murasame feels pretty distinct from the bosses we have. Plus, come on, skull castle? That oughta be awesome.

Third party boss: Metal Gear RAY (Metal Gear)

After the events of Metal Gear Solid, the specifications of Metal Gear REX were leaked online, spurring the development of several knock-off Metal Gears. To combat this proliferation of nuclear-capable armament, the US Marines developed Metal Gear RAY, a prototype "Anti-Metal Gear" housing no nuclear weapons and designed to counter Metal Gears. However during the prologue of Metal Gear Solid 2 the prototype is stolen and RAY ends up playing a major role in the Big Shell Incident years later.

RAY's boss fight takes place in a stage based on Big Shell or rather, Arsenal Gear where it's fought during the climax of MGS2. However it uses its prototype design, with the tail - because it can be used for attacks, because it feels like the kind of goof the Smash devs would make, and because it's cooler. Its moves would be:
  • Shooting its high-powered water cutter across the stage (RAY would jump backwards, into the water, and shooter from the background)
  • Firing gatling guns from either of its wings
  • Shooting homing missiles from its back (the missiles are fired into the air, as it aims with a laser sight at the player. The missile homes to where the laser points, so the player has to try to get away from it)*
  • Firing smaller missiles from its knees (these don't home)
  • Swiping with its tail
  • Using the boosters in its "wings" to dash across the stage
*RAY can't actually do this but I thought it would be a creative move. REX has homing missiles though.

The special thing about RAY is that, with its aquatic abilities, it can "dive" into the background, either to attack, or just to move to the other side of the stage. All of its attacks can be performed while on the stage and while in the background (except for the water cutter - its strongest attack - which can only be done from the background), and the background ones naturally give the player more room to dodge to make up for the fact that RAY can't be attacked while there.

I picked RAY over REX because I think they're both equally iconic, but RAY would give us a new setting (Big Shell) instead of a modified Shadow Moses, and it doesn't fire nukes at the player (which might be controversial, especially in Japan).

Also while I'm at it, I'd like to ask for the song cap for Metal Gear to be increased.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Alright, I've got another spirit to submit:
Team Snakemouth! (Don't know how to do the spoiler thing, sorry)
Debut Game: Bug Fables
Advanced Class Primary (Neutral Type)
Song: It’s Battle Time!
Stage: Distant Planet
Opponents: Light Blue Ice Climbers, Green Incineroar, Small Yellow Pit.
Rule: Stamina Battle, The enemy starts the battle with a boomerang, The enemy is attracted to items, The enemy can deal damage by dashing into you, The enemy favors neutral and down special, certain items spawn (Beetle and Beehive).

Several ideas were taken from u/GGuy12345 on Reddit, so all credit goes to them.

Last edited:

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
First time doing spirits for spirit event, hopefully these work fine.

1614033917509.png
Alien Hominid (Alien Hominid)
Origin:
Alien Hominid (2004; Origin is 2002 if the flash game counts)
Type: Primary/Grab
Trait: Projectile Damage Up
  • Puppet Fighter: Inkling (Yellow Hero Outfit)
  • Stage: Fourside
  • Music Track: Sanctuary Guardians
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy has a Ray Gun
    • The enemy favors throws
1614034853683.png
Madeline (Celeste)
Origin:
Celeste (2018)
Class: ✩✩✩ Ace
Trait: Side B Damage Up
  • Puppet Fighter: Villager (First female alt)
  • Stage: Summit (Hazards Off)
  • Music Track: Confronting Myself
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy favors side specials
1614035268312.png
Tim (Braid)
Origin:
Braid (2008; Anniversary edition is going to release on Switch)
Type: Support
Trait: You start the round with a Timer
Support Slots: 1
  • Puppet Fighter: Mario (Black outfit)
  • Stage: Gaur Plain
  • Music Track: Wet Hands
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy favors items
    • Timers will spawn across the stage

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m not a fan of going back and changing the rules; especially if I never clearly outlined them to begin with. I chalk that up to my failing to predict that it would be an issue.

We do have a ruling in place for Spirits that they must belong to a game that appeared on a Nintendo system. The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher ‘s spirit theme indicates that ALL indie-based spirits are fair game which means any console or system. While I would be against this as this goes against our typical “no non-Nintendo related spirits” ruling; I am going to let this pass as I never indicated this to The Fantasy Smasher. I made the unconscious assumption that people would abide by the “no non-Nintendo related” spirits ruling. It’s partially why I culled a good amount of Spirits previously.

Being that as it may, I will permit these spirits to be accepted due to my own negligence but, in the future, I will be strictly enforcing this ruling - both with the prompt and the submissions.

I apologize for this mistake.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I’m not a fan of going back and changing the rules; especially if I never clearly outlined them to begin with. I chalk that up to my failing to predict that it would be an issue.

We do have a ruling in place for Spirits that they must belong to a game that appeared on a Nintendo system. The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher ‘s spirit theme indicates that ALL indie-based spirits are fair game which means any console or system. While I would be against this as this goes against our typical “no non-Nintendo related spirits” ruling; I am going to let this pass as I never indicated this to The Fantasy Smasher. I made the unconscious assumption that people would abide by the “no non-Nintendo related” spirits ruling. It’s partially why I culled a good amount of Spirits previously.

Being that as it may, I will permit these spirits to be accepted due to my own negligence but, in the future, I will be strictly enforcing this ruling - both with the prompt and the submissions.

I apologize for this mistake.
does that mean we can, let say put Peppino in who hasn't appear on a Nintendo console?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
does that mean we can, let say put Peppino in who hasn't appear on a Nintendo console?
I have no idea who that is but as long as it’s in a current indie game, then yes - we can add it in since I failed to indicate that all Spirits must be from a game that appeared on a Nintendo system.

Edit: I just checked. Pizza Tower, correct? It hasn’t been released yet but, despite that, we can allow it I suppose since, again, I never mentioned that “spirits can’t be included from games yet to be released”.

And before anyone asks...

No OC Character Spirits

I have a feeling someone will ask this in the future...

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I enacted the ability to change your vote in the poll. This option will close in 3-5 hours so please feel free to change your votes accordingly.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
For Bosses, are franchises that have a boss in Ultimate allowed? If so,

1st Party Boss: Kracko/Twin Kracko
1614049763949.png

Kracko is a frequent boss from the Kirby series, apperaring in every kirby platformer with the except of Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards and Kirby's Return to Dream Land. The stage he is fought on would be one platform, much like the stages that you fight Ganon, Marx or Rathalos. He would hover high much like the Hands.

Kracko's attack would include
- Fire a lightning bolt underneath him. Fighters hit by the lightning bolt would take damage.
-Does a Ramming Attack where he sweeps the ground, damaging fighters that are he collides with.
-A swirling star beams similar to Waddle Doo back in Brawl.
-Summon a Gordo or Waddle Doo, which do slight damage to fighters they interact with.
-Summons a waterfall which will do damage to the fighters, but won't stun them, only continuous do damage until the attack ends.

When half of his health has been depleted, he will split into Twin Kracko. When in this second phase, both of the Twin Krackos will attack in sync.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Job #58 - Third-Party Boss Fight
Pub_boss_perfectchaos_01.png

Perfect Chaos
Perfect Chaos is the final boss of Sonic Adventure, and the ultimate form of the water-like being Chaos. A towering being of kaiju-sized proportions, made of the very substance Sonic fears so much, Perfect Chaos is as monstrous as they come.

Perfect Chaos is a unique and unconventional boss fight. Instead of just whaling on the boss and trying to not get hit, Perfect Chaos has you climb up a series of floating chunks of roads and buildings, held up by water spouts, to reach his head. The climb is about as long as a Classic Mode bonus stage, albeit more vertical. For each third of the way, there are large platforms to take a breather on, with the third and final one being where you fight Perfect Chaos directly. Accounting for less mobile fighters, there are various lifts and spring pads to give you a boost. To make up for the distance you have to travel, Perfect Chaos himself has much lower health than most other bosses.

As you scale the broken buildings, Perfect Chaos throws various attacks at you.
  • A watery tendril from the background. The most common move, appearing throughout the entire fight. Pretty easy to dodge.
  • A volley of energy blasts. Weak, but they can overwhelm you if you're not careful. Appear about a quarter of the way up.
  • Falling rubble. Self-explanatory. Appear a third of the way through the climb.
  • Two bursts of water from the side, crashing together. Appear halfway through.
  • A giant laser blast, destroying the platforms it hits. Appears three-quarters of the way through.
Once you get to the top, only a couple hits should stun Perfect Chaos, leaving him open to attacks. Be careful, though; Take too long, and he'll wake up and break the platform you're standing on.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Due to the hyper-cartoony character designs and animation style of Pizza Tower, the Peppino and The Noise spirits will be animated, similar to the Kyle Hyde Trophy in Brawl

Peppino
Pizza Tower
Ace class primary grab

Song: Ruins - Wario Land Shake Dimension
Stage: Battlefield Castle Siege
Opponents: Mii Brawler (Chef hat, generic white outfit)
Rules: Foe is fast, foe has strong throws, food items (pizza) spawn often, you will get uncontrollable speed

The Noise
Pizza Tower
Novice class support - Bob Omb equipped

Song: Action Type B - Yoshi's Cookie
Stage: Waluigi Pinball
Opponents: Wario (yellow plumber)
Rules: Foe favours neutral B, foe has a rocket belt.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job #58 - Third Party Boss Fight:
train.jpg

The Phantom Train

Phantom Train is a boss in Final Fantasy VI. It is battled at the front of the Phantom Train, and is its main engine, an undead and sentient entity. Phantom Train is the only undead storyline boss in the game, probably the most famous thing about this boss is that you can suplex it with Sabin.

The fight is similar to Meta Ridley's boss fight back in Brawl due to both having the ability to tilt the platform.

Fun Fact:
The more it's health bar gets depleted the train starts getting wrecked more and more as it gets aggressive and deadlier than before.
Here's what the train goes through:

Full Health
1. Perfect Condition
2. Bit bashed up.
3. Light on the front breaks. (but it still works)
4. Rods on it's wheels snap and break off.
5. Funnel gets bent.
6. Some of the wheels come off.
7. Smoke emits from the train.
8. All wrecked and emitting fire with sparks coming out. (still persistent to defeat you.)

Low Health

The ghostly locomotive's attacks would be:
  • Wheel: Throws one of the wheels at you.
  • Diabolic Whistle: Summons several ghosts to attack.
  • Acid Rain: Summons a rain of acid poisoning you.
  • Saintly Beam: Several beams of light crash down from the sky damaging you.
  • Doom Strike: Smashes into the flatbed causing the back of it to tilt up.
  • Diabolic Wind: Blows strong wind pushing you back.
  • Head On: Rams into the flatbed so hard causing you to go tumbling back. (This attack comes from Sigmascape V1.0)
  • Smoke Blast: Shoots smoke from the funnel making the screen go foggy and damages you.
  • Fiery Breath: Blasts a stream of fire from the train's front burning the player.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom since there are so many pokemon boss submissions, can they be counted as one submission, and if that wins we then vote on which pokemon is the boss selected? I really want a pokemon boss but since so many were submitted they might cannibalize each other. Basically the same logic for voting on the newcomer franchise to help the rhythm heaven characters have a chance.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Job #58 - Third-Party Boss Fight
View attachment 304692
Perfect Chaos
Perfect Chaos is the final boss of Sonic Adventure, and the ultimate form of the water-like being Chaos. A towering being of kaiju-sized proportions, made of the very substance Sonic fears so much, Perfect Chaos is as monstrous as they come.

Perfect Chaos is a unique and unconventional boss fight. Instead of just whaling on the boss and trying to not get hit, Perfect Chaos has you climb up a series of floating chunks of roads and buildings, held up by water spouts, to reach his head. The climb is about as long as a Classic Mode bonus stage, albeit more vertical. For each third of the way, there are large platforms to take a breather on, with the third and final one being where you fight Perfect Chaos directly. Accounting for less mobile fighters, there are various lifts and spring pads to give you a boost. To make up for the distance you have to travel, Perfect Chaos himself has much lower health than most other bosses.

As you scale the broken buildings, Perfect Chaos throws various attacks at you.
  • A watery tendril from the background. The most common move, appearing throughout the entire fight. Pretty easy to dodge.
  • A volley of energy blasts. Weak, but they can overwhelm you if you're not careful. Appear about a quarter of the way up.
  • Falling rubble. Self-explanatory. Appear a third of the way through the climb.
  • Two bursts of water from the side, crashing together. Appear halfway through.
  • A giant laser blast, destroying the platforms it hits. Appears three-quarters of the way through.
Once you get to the top, only a couple hits should stun Perfect Chaos, leaving him open to attacks. Be careful, though; Take too long, and he'll wake up and break the platform you're standing on.
While I do love this boss idea, it does raise a concern: what if he's summoned from a boss sphere? Will he be stationary onstage, like he is when you finally approach him in the final section of the actual fight? If that's the case, what do we do with stationary bosses on sidescrolling stages like Mushroomy Kingdom?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Gonna copy my old Primal Dialga boss fight. I also did Sigma, but he's a bit too humanoid in phase 1.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
PRIMAL DIALGA

View attachment 229352
know what, I don't think i'm going to let these terrible MS paint mockups slide anymore. I'll be drawing them now!
View attachment 229354
this... isn't much better. Whatever, i'll do both.
Primal Dialga is the central antagonist of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2. With the collapse of Temporal Tower and time itself, Dialga too started going insane. In the collapsed future, it is a mindless yet unstoppable dictator. The only solution was to fight it in the present, where it wasn't completely corrupted.

Primal Dialga is one of the larger bosses in the Smash series, comparable to Ganon. It has no weakspot, but has a little more HP than most bosses. It's fought on a typical boss arena, with no platforms and walk offs. Dialga can walk around and such. The background has the time gear holder in the background.

Primal Dialga's Moveset consists of...

Stomp: A very basic move, where Dialga just slams one of it's front legs down. Average damage, low range, and mildly slow.
Metal Claw: Primal Dialga lifts one of it's claws and swings it forward. It deals good damage and has super armor, but is slow
Dragon Claw: Once again, Primal Dialga lifts one of his claws and swings it forward. It deals more damage and is faster than the metal counterpart, but he is not invulnerable (he actually takes 1.3x damage during this attack.
Ancient Power: The Gem on Dialga's chest starts glowing. Rocks float on screen, which are thrown one-by-one towards the player, basically a weaker version of Snake's final smash. The rocks can be pocketed or reflected.
Dragon Pulse: Dialga lowers it's head for about a second, then dramatically raises it, sending a shock-wave out. It's very powerful, but only damages grounded opponents.
Hyper Beam: Dialga fires a beam from it's mouth, very similar to one of Ganon's attacks.
Earth Power: Dialga hops in place, sending a grounding shock-wave out. This buries all grounded opponents for a while, but does nothing to opponents in the air.
Dragon Tail: Dialga uses it's tail as a club, simmilar to Mewtwo's forward tilt. This does fantastic horizontal damage, so to avoid it you must jump very high or get on the other side of Dialga (it's pretty slow, so you have time)

When Dialga gets to 40% of his HP, he roars and the sky turns red and thundery. his old attacks have their damage increased by 1.15%, and two new moves are added to the selection

Draco Meteor: Five meteors rain from the sky. The order is two at the far edges, two in the middle-ish, and one in the very center. The only way to survive the attack without taking massive damage is to get the pattern right.

Roar of Time: Primal Dialga roars very loudly. This attack is simmilar to Off Waves, where you must spotdodge to avoid being hit. This attack is far more generous than the Off Waves, however. If you are hit by the attack, you take huge damage and have the effects of the timer item for awhile.

When you defeat Primal Dialga, he crumbles to the ground, where it reverts to it's regular color scheme. The sky clears back up to what it was at the first phase.

How To Encounter:

World of Light: the Destroyed Future is a new sub-area in the Dark Realm. It acts like other realms, with plenty of spirits to battle. Games that have connections to time travel take up most of the spirit list, with spirits like Grima, Shroob, and Classic Sonic showing up. There are also PMD based spirits, like Dusknoir, Espur, and Wigglytuff.

Classic Mode: Like the other bosses, Primal Dialga is a boss in a few classic modes. The veterans that it replaces the bosses of are :ultpikachu:, :ultpichu:, :ultlucario: (as they either are or are related to PMD starters), :ultfalco: (his classic mode relates to fighting dark characters, which definitely applies to PD), :ultlucina: and :ultrobin: (in paralell to Grima). Some newcomers that could fight him are Grovyle (... do I need to explain this one?) and Sans (Primal Dialga was created by the corruption of time, something Sans tried to stop in the Genocide route). The default song is a new remix of Dialga's Fight to the Finish, but the Awakening characters use the new ID Purpose remix, and Sans uses Megalovania.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
While I do love this boss idea, it does raise a concern: what if he's summoned from a boss sphere? Will he be stationary onstage, like he is when you finally approach him in the final section of the actual fight? If that's the case, what do we do with stationary bosses on sidescrolling stages like Mushroomy Kingdom?
Hmm, good point. Maybe it acts like a stage morph that takes you halfway through to him? He's mechanically unusual as far as bosses go, so I think that would be a good way of doing it.
We could also disable certain bosses on stages they don't mesh well with, like Assist Trophies. For example, I think you can't get Shadow's AT in Ultimate on sidescrolling stages; Maybe we could do something like that for some bosses that would interfere with a stage's mechanics.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wanted to squeeze mine in behore hand bit I fell asleep while doing it. Here’s my mine.

First-Party Boss
King Bomb-omb

This massive walking Bomb’omb loves to grapple and will try to grab ahold of the opponent to throw them. The sheer force of the throw is enough to launch even the heaviest of fighters at low percentages. The key to defeating him is to get behind the giant bomb before he turns, grab him, and throw him. Be careful not to hit him with a fire attack or he will detonate which is a game over!

Third Party Boss
Reaper

Thiesd gigantic cataclysmic entities from Mass Effect were created to bring balance to the Galaxy but eventually strayed from its programming. At the height of the Galaxy civilization, the Reapers would awaken within Deep Space and then make a genocidal journey to the heart of civilization to exterminate all life and modern civilization. This was to bring the Galaxy back to its beginnings as a fresh restart. After exterminating all life; the Reapers would then return back to Deep Space and sleep until the next cycle ends. This gigantic boss fires immense death lasers and summons Husks, dead humans who were transformed into techno organic zombies

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, we now have our submissions! Please take a look and see which 3 best fits as a boss for our story mode, classic mode, and our new item: Boss Spheres! These will be explained on a later date.

Please vote for the top 3. You may also vote for your own this time. Please vote for the boss battle that you feel best fits with Smash.

As suggested by Krookodilian Krookodilian , I removed the Pokémon boss entries and replaced them with Pokémon Boss. Should this win, we will vote on which boss to go with. This is represented down below in the sub-section Pokémon Boss. Don’t vote in this category.

First Party
Rudy the Clown (Wario Land) @Wario Wario Wario
Giygas (Earthbound) @Honest Slug
Plasm Wraith (Pikmin) Otoad64 Otoad64
Pokémon boss
Kraid (Metroid) @The Fantasy Smasher
Homunculus y (Astral Chain) @airConditioner
Grima (Fire Emblem) @cashregister9
Robobrood (Super Mario) @Yiptap
Murasame (Mysterious Castle Murasame) @GoodGrief741
Kracko (Kirby) @SmasherMaster
King Bomb-omb (Mario) Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Pokémon Boss (Please don’t vote in this category. It’s only if the Pokémon Boss category wins)
Giratina (Pokémon) BowserKing BowserKing
Eternatus (pokemon) Jomosensual Jomosensual
Ho-oh (Pokémon) Perkilator Perkilator
Primal Diagla (Pokémon) PeridotGX PeridotGX
Rayquaza/Mega Rayquaza Paraster Paraster

Third Party
Lizzie, Ralph, and George (Rampage!) @Wario Wario Wario
The Great Mighty Poo (Conker’s Bad Fur Day) @Honest Slug
Ender Dragon (Minecraft) @Otoad64
Perfect Chaos (Sonic) @BowserKing
Kamoshida (Persona 5) @Jomosensual
Gruntilda (Banjo-Kazooie) The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher