• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why is Daisy's Super Ball move listed as "Side Smash" when Neutral B won the popular vote and we never did submissions for Daisy's Smash Attacks?
Because I wanted to change it and no one can stop me!!!!

It was a simple copy and paste error. I fixed it. Thanks for catching that.

oh, and the roster image hasn't been updated btw
I just added it up. Thank you.

Ok, going to bed now. The poll is all up.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 58

3rd party boss - Kamoshida(Persona 5)

The stage will be one designed around his boss fight from Persona 5, which originates from his temple. The song would be Last Surprise

The fight starts with the characters walking into the temple and seeing Shadow Kamoshida standing there. He then says the lines "I'm a demon who rules this world" and "I'm allowed to do whatever I want", which are lines he says before his boss fight starts in the game before transforming into boss form as seen above.

His attacks will be:
Volleyball assault - He summons a bunch of shadow people to launch volleyballs at the player
Tongue Whip - Kamoshida whips his tongue low across the stage. The attack has some power to it but can be jumped
Gold Medal Spike - A volleyball forms above his head and Kamoshida spikes it as the player. Does good damage and knockback

After getting him to half damage he'll scream the line
"You're the only ones who don't respect me!"

His form will not change but he will gain the bolded attack

Special conditions of the fight:
He has hit boxes everywhere but in between attacks every so often he'll stop and eat from his trophy, healing himself. If you KO the trophy then he won't be able to heal anymore and the fight will continue.
His crown also has a special hitbox. If it takes enough damage it will fall off his head, leaving him vulnerable for a period of time

I'll come back to do the first party boss later

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Before anyone's adding Spirits I want to remind you all to please stay coherent with all your Spirit Information and format it in a way so it's clear for all of us. Please don't forget to add necessary information, for example type, ability and game series/game of origin. And don't forget to not go overboard with your Spirit selection.

Krook made a really good guide about this not so long ago and I'd like for all of you to follow it as well:

While we're on the topic of submitting spirits I just want to mention the formatting of spirit posts. Right now the way that the inforamtion for a spirit battle is displayed varies depending on the submitter, so its not very cohesive, and some are missing information or use inconsistent language to describe the same things. This is the format I use and Venus has encouraged others to adopt it as well.

[Picture][Name] [(Game of Origin)]
Class:
Type: [Primary/Support)(Attack/Shield/Grab), # of slots
Effect:
  • Puppet Fighter: Fighter (Describe which alt)
  • Stage:
  • Music Track:
  • Match:
  • Conditions:
For Example: (This is a spirit I submitted already so it doesn't need to be added again)
Lana (Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Shield, 2 Slots
Effect: Electric Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin (Blue)
  • Stage: Temple
  • Music Track: Push Forward
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors neutral special, Hazard: Zap Floor

Here are some resources that I use when making my spirits that helps with keeping the skills they have accurate, as well as not creating a spirit thats already in the game.

I use this one to see which traits come alongside primary spirits

I use this to see which effects can be given by support spirits.

I use this to see what the in game text is for certain conditions.

I've also found that the Mario wiki has the most viewable list of already existing spirits, with the spirit battle details alongside it for inspiration.

I think that using the Wikia and the already existing google sheets will work going forward. Another thing to think about if we're regulating spirit submissions is that right now quite a few spirits use in the game sprite as their spirit art. There is precedent in Smash Ultimate for this happening with the Mother, Ice Climber, and Pac-Man series using in game sprites but usually if there's no official art of the character then its likely that they're not the kind of character who would get a spirit.

Personally I think R.O.B. is an exception and should be the only real world spirit since he's a fighter.

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Job 58:

First Party Boss: Kraid

Kraid is one of the most well known reoccurring bosses in the Metroid series. You can fight him just like how you do in the 2D Metroid games, climb up at attack at his head. He potentially could be one of the largest bosses in all of smash.

He appears in the background in the Brinstar Depths stage which shouldn't be an issue even if he's a boss. If boss spheres are in play, he simply won't be summonable on that stage.

Third Party Boss: Gruntilda
Gruntilda_Spirit.png

Banjo & Kazooies final boss and sworn enemy would also fit nicely into Ultimate. She would be a very unique kind of boss as she would be smaller then the rest. She would float in the air throwing projectiles at you, and of course this boss would happen on top of Gruntys Tower.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Alright everyone, here is the next spirit event...

Indie Characters!

Thats right, please submit spirit battles for characters exclusively from Indie games. Anyone goes, as long as they originated from an Indie series. For the sake of the wikia team, please only submit up to three different spirits. Happy submitting!
Idk what count as "Indie" character, are we counting game that is published by distributing company and is made by a doujin developer count as an indie?

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Ah.... I can't read. I thought this included third-parties as well. Is it possible to change my vote? lol.

I'd like to change my vote to the first option preferably please.

Yeah, only reason I voted Halloween was for Leon Kennedy.
Jill Valentine in my case lol. I see we're on the same boat.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 58

3rd party boss - Kamoshida(Persona 5)

The stage will be one designed around his boss fight from Persona 5, which originates from his temple. The song would be Last Surprise

The fight starts with the characters walking into the temple and seeing Shadow Kamoshida standing there. He then says the lines "I'm a demon who rules this world" and "I'm allowed to do whatever I want", which are lines he says before his boss fight starts in the game before transforming into boss form as seen above.

His attacks will be:
Volleyball assault - He summons a bunch of shadow people to launch volleyballs at the player
Tongue Whip - Kamoshida whips his tongue low across the stage. The attack has some power to it but can be jumped
Gold Medal Spike - A volleyball forms above his head and Kamoshida spikes it as the player. Does good damage and knockback

After getting him to half damage he'll scream the line
"You're the only ones who don't respect me!"

His form will not change but he will gain the bolded attack

Special conditions of the fight:
He has hit boxes everywhere but in between attacks every so often he'll stop and eat from his trophy, healing himself. If you KO the trophy then he won't be able to heal anymore and the fight will continue.
His crown also has a special hitbox. If it takes enough damage it will fall off his head, leaving him vulnerable for a period of time

I'll come back to do the first party boss later
Alright, now for the 1st party boss

Job 58

1st Party Boss - Eternatus from Pokemon Sword and Shield

The stage is the top of Hammerlock Energy Plant from Pokemon Sword and Shield. The song is a remake of Enternatus vs. Zacian and Zamazenta song from the actual boss fight to make it sound more like boss fight music.(no idea if I can use this to submit new music or not, if not let me know and I can change it)

Opening:
The player's character walks approaches Enternatus, who is in regular form at that period of time. Enternatus then gigantamaxes into the form seen above

Attacks:
Flamethrower - Enternatus will use flamethrower across the stage, going from side to side.
GigantaMax Cannon - Enternatus will unleash this attack at the player in a solid and wide beam, causing high damage and knockback.
Toxic - Enternatus will launch poison out, causing poison damage to players it hits and poison spots on the ground for a short period of time
Enternabeam - This is Enternatus's most powerful attack. It will only use it when 3/4th of it's damage is lost and functions as a more powerful version of GigantaMax Cannon. This move will also instantly break shields if attempted, mirroring how the move in the game stuns other Pokemon

Eternatus will have hitboxes on the hand and arm. When defeated it'll turn back into original Enternatus and appear to faint

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
I am also having trouble thinking off Halloween Nintendo characters. King Boo is an obvious one, so much so I have already written a mock draft of what he could play like. Besides that, maybe a Ghost type Pokemon? That's about it, really. May I recommend we either a.) Allow third parties or b.) switch to a more broad category? I just think we may be getting a bit to limiting with this one. Either way, I still plan on submitting King Boo if eligible (I really want this character in the game).

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Ah.... I can't read. I thought this included third-parties as well. Is it possible to change my vote? lol.

I'd like to change my vote to the first option preferably please.

Jill Valentine in my case lol. I see we're on the same boat.
I also missed that it had to be first party. I was also going to push for Jill too lol. Maybe we should reset the poll? It feels like a lot of people didn't notice that.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Third Party Boss: The Devil (Cuphead)
Cuphead is known for having many tough as nails boss battles, so why shouldn't we have a boss from it in Smash? The most recognizable one is The Devil, being the main antagonist of the game and the final boss. Cuphead has a good relation with Nintendo, having both a Mii Costume and a spirit in Smash Ultimate, as well as the game being made available on Nintendo Switch well before PS4.

The battle would take place in his throne room, and you would attack him by hitting his upper body. The boss is mainly consisting of him shapeshifting into different forms (Goat, Spider, and Dragon) or conjuring the blue and pink balls seen above.
Was a tough choice between him and Perfect Chaos but I figure there'll be another chance for him later down the road. Plus, even if we don't have a Halloween themed fighter, the Devil could act as our spooky addition of the month!

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Yes, please reset the poll.

I honestly don't get Venus' obsession with pushing first party content.
To be fair, there really are never many 3rd party newcomers in the base game. There were two in brawl, two in Wii U/3DS, and three in Ultimate (Indluing echos). Most of the big 3rd party newcomers are saved for DLC, likely because I assume its easier to make a deal in regards to splitting the profits. If we included nothing but big 3rd parties, it would seem just too unrealistic.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Yes, please reset the poll.

I honestly don't get Venus' obsession with pushing first party content.
I wouldn't go as far as to call it an "obsession" ._.

While I'm all for third-party content, Smash has always shown to include more first-party characters than third-party for the base game of course. It's a Nintendo game. Third-Party content always get more of an emphasis during DLC, because it's way easier to make deals for it financially.

Though as for how base game and third party goes, I do expect a new Capcom, Bandai Namco or/and Konami character. As they seem the most lenient with their IPs. Bandai Namco, with them literally helping out with Smash and only having PAC-MAN right now, is in dire need of a new rep anyways...

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #58: Boss Battles
Ho-Oh.png
Game of Origin: Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver (1999)

What does the boss do?
  1. Ancient Power: Indicated by 水 (water), Ho-Oh summons an array of small rocks covered in scalding water, and tosses them down all at once wherever the player is, in a large area (15%, OK knockback)
  2. Whirlwind: Indicated by 風 (wind), Ho-Oh fiercely blows away the player to the side opposite to itself.
  3. Punishment: Ho-Oh glows in a rainbow-like gleam. However, it is baiting you to see if you attack it. If attacked (indicated by 罰 (punishment)), it counters with a two-wing slash. The power and knockback depend on the power of the previous attack.
  4. Extrasensory: Indicated by 奇数 (odd), Ho-Oh fires a ball of psychic energy that homes in on the player, and explodes in a moderate area (13%, OK knockback)
  5. Flame Charge: Indicated by 充電 (charge), Ho-Oh dashes to the other side, coated in flames (18%-22%, OK knockback)
  6. Fire Blast: Indicated by 爆発 (blast), Ho-Oh shoots a ball of fire out of its mouth. Upon explosion (20%-25%, medium knockback), it forms a 大 shape.
  7. Steel Wing: Indicated by 剣 (sword), Ho-Oh speeds forward in the blink of an eye, and slashes the player on the spot, almost like a katana (33%, far knockback)
  8. Brave Bird: Indicated by 空 (sky), Ho-Oh sacrifices a small bit of health to charge straight towards the screen (24%, medium knockback). The move is similar to Ridley’s background attack from Brawl.
  9. Sunny Day: Indicated by 日 (sun), Ho-Oh sends out a mini-sun when its health falls below half, which slightly boosts the power of its fire-based attacks.
  10. Solar Beam: Indicated by 日 (sun), Ho-Oh’s eyes glow as the mini-sun behind it aims a bright light at the player. After a few seconds, a huge ray of sunlight fires wherever the player is (30%, far knockback)
  11. Sacred Fire: Indicated by 火事 (fire), Ho-Oh flies into the background and creates a spiral of fire from the center of the arena, just like in Melee and Brawl (43%, far knockback)
The sound design for Ho-Oh's attacks resembles that of traditional Japanese instruments.

Setting/Intro: A rainy arena near the top of Bell Tower, where it was fought in its original game. After a feather flutters, Ho-Oh appears from a giant light and appears to the right of the arena.

Defeat: Ho-Oh slowly dissipates into glimmers of light.

Who fights this boss in Classic Mode?
  • :ultpikachu: (preceded by :ultmewtwo:)
  • :ultganondorf:
  • :ultmewtwo: (team battle w/Pikachu) (Battle! Lorekeeper Zinnia)
  • :ultpokemontrainer: (preceded by :ultmewtwo:)
  • :ultlucario:
  • :ultgreninja:
  • :ultcorrin:
  • :ultbayonetta: (Round 6) (Let’s Hit the Climax!)
Music: Battle! (Ho-Oh)
Death Egg Robot.png
Game of Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992)

What does the boss do?
Piloting the Death Egg Robot, Eggman can be attacked even if the robot's claws are still up, but he will retaliate before you can wail on him for too long. The Death Egg Robot's size and design is based on its appearance in Sonic Mania.
  1. Egg Bomb: Aiming for 3 seconds, Eggman will send a small bomb with the Eggman emblem if the player is far away; it explodes in a small area (20%, medium knockback); when he's low on health, Eggman sends out three bombs
  2. Egg Claw: Aiming for 3 seconds, Eggman extends the DER's claw (13%, OK knockback), with the arm around briefly able to be used as a platform
  3. Rocket Claw: Aiming for 3 seconds, Eggman shoots the DER's claw like a rocket at the player (15%, OK knockback)
  4. Eggman briefly hops to the other side of the arena (13%, OK knockback)
  5. Rocket Jump: Eggman flies to the top of the screen for 4 seconds while locking onto the player, then crashes down (26%, medium knockback); which way he faces when he lands is based on the direction the player faces during the 4-second aiming sequence
  6. Eggman stomps the player if they get too close (20%), burying them
  7. Electric Shield: Eggman raises an electric shield around the body of the Death Egg Robot for 3 seconds (10%, small knockback)
  8. Whenever the player gets too close and he looks like he's doing nothing, Eggman attacks by briefly raising a claw hand (7%, OK knockback)
  9. Eggman turns the robot around d and smacks the player behind him (8%, small knockback)
When Eggman is facing the opposite direction, the player can attack the DER's black rear and stun Eggman when enough damage is dealt; the stun period lasts about the same as other bosses with this.

The sound design for the Death Egg Robot's attacks resembles the Genesis Sonic games; specifically, Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Setting/Intro: The Death Egg, the iconic arena for the final battle of Sonic the Hedgehog 2; loosely based on its appearance in Sonic Generations. The intro is a mix of its intros in both games.

Defeat: The Death Egg Robot malfunctions and topples over, with Eggman quickly retreating in his Egg Mobile.

• :ultpeach:
  • :ultzss:
  • :ultdiddy: (team battle w/:ultdk::ultsonic:)
  • :ultsonic:
  • :ultwiifittrainer:
  • :ultridley:
Music: Death Egg Robot

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If we go through with the Halloween thing, can I nominate Euden again? He has a Halloween alt in Dragalia Lost...

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Job #58: Boss Battles
View attachment 304545
Game of Origin: Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver (1999)

What does the boss do?
  1. Ancient Power: Indicated by 水 (water), Ho-Oh summons an array of small rocks covered in scalding water, and tosses them down all at once wherever the player is, in a large area (15%, OK knockback)
  2. Whirlwind: Indicated by 風 (wind), Ho-Oh fiercely blows away the player to the side opposite to itself.
  3. Punishment: Ho-Oh glows in a rainbow-like gleam. However, it is baiting you to see if you attack it. If attacked (indicated by 罰 (punishment)), it counters with a two-wing slash. The power and knockback depend on the power of the previous attack.
  4. Extrasensory: Indicated by 奇数 (odd), Ho-Oh fires a ball of psychic energy that homes in on the player, and explodes in a moderate area (13%, OK knockback)
  5. Flame Charge: Indicated by 充電 (charge), Ho-Oh dashes to the other side, coated in flames (18%-22%, OK knockback)
  6. Fire Blast: Indicated by 爆発 (blast), Ho-Oh shoots a ball of fire out of its mouth. Upon explosion (20%-25%, medium knockback), it forms a 大 shape.
  7. Steel Wing: Indicated by 剣 (sword), Ho-Oh speeds forward in the blink of an eye, and slashes the player on the spot, almost like a katana (33%, far knockback)
  8. Brave Bird: Indicated by 空 (sky), Ho-Oh sacrifices a small bit of health to charge straight towards the screen (24%, medium knockback). The move is similar to Ridley’s background attack from Brawl.
  9. Sunny Day: Indicated by 日 (sun), Ho-Oh sends out a mini-sun when its health falls below half, which slightly boosts the power of its fire-based attacks.
  10. Solar Beam: Indicated by 日 (sun), Ho-Oh’s eyes glow as the mini-sun behind it aims a bright light at the player. After a few seconds, a huge ray of sunlight fires wherever the player is (30%, far knockback)
  11. Sacred Fire: Indicated by 火事 (fire), Ho-Oh flies into the background and creates a spiral of fire from the center of the arena, just like in Melee and Brawl (43%, far knockback)
The sound design for Ho-Oh's attacks resembles that of traditional Japanese instruments.

Setting/Intro: A rainy arena near the top of Bell Tower, where it was fought in its original game. After a feather flutters, Ho-Oh appears from a giant light and appears to the right of the arena.

Defeat: Ho-Oh slowly dissipates into glimmers of light.

• :ultpikachu: (preceded by :ultmewtwo:)
  • :ultganondorf:
  • :ultmewtwo: (team battle w/Pikachu) (Battle! Lorekeeper Zinnia)
  • :ultpokemontrainer: (preceded by :ultmewtwo:)
  • :ultlucario:
  • :ultgreninja:
  • :ultcorrin:
  • :ultbayonetta: (Round 6) (Let’s Hit the Climax!)
Music: Battle! (Ho-Oh)
View attachment 304546
Game of Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992)

What does the boss do?
Piloting the Death Egg Robot, Eggman can be attacked even if the robot's claws are still up, but he will retaliate before you can wail on him for too long. The Death Egg Robot's size and design is based on its appearance in Sonic Mania.
  1. Egg Bomb: Aiming for 3 seconds, Eggman will send a small bomb with the Eggman emblem if the player is far away; it explodes in a small area (20%, medium knockback); when he's below health, Eggman sends out three bombs
  2. Egg Claw: Aiming for 3 seconds, Eggman extends the DER's claw (13%, OK knockback), with the arm around briefly able to be used as a platform
  3. Rocket Claw: Aiming for 3 seconds, Eggman shoots the DER's claw like a rocket at the player (15%, OK knockback)
  4. Jump: Eggman briefly hops to the other side of the arena (13%, OK knockback)
  5. Crash Jump: Eggman flies to the top of the screen for 3 seconds while locking onto the player, then crashes down (26%, medium knockback); which way he faces when he lands is based on the direction the player faces during the 3-second aiming sequence
  6. Stomp: Eggman stomps the player if they get too close (20%), burying them
  7. Electric Shield: Eggman raises an electric shield around the body of the Death Egg Robot (10%, small knockback)
  8. Egg Claw Scratch: Whenever the player gets too close and he looks like he's doing nothing, Eggman attacks by briefly raising a claw hand (7%, OK knockback)
When Eggman is facing the opposite direction, the player can attack the DER's black rear and stun Eggman with a powerful attack; the stun period lasts about the same as other bosses with this.

The sound design for the Death Egg Robot's attacks resembles the Genesis Sonic games; specifically, Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Setting/Intro: The Death Egg, the iconic arena for the final battle of Sonic the Hedgehog 2; loosely based on its appearance in Sonic Generations. The intro is a mix of its intros in both games.

Defeat: The Death Egg Robot malfunctions and topples over, with Eggman quickly retreating in his Egg Mobile.

• :ultpeach:
  • :ultzss:
  • :ultdiddy: (team battle w/:ultdk::ultsonic:)
  • :ultsonic:
  • :ultwiifittrainer:
  • :ultridley:
Music: Death Egg Robot
Would Death Egg Robo qualify? It's certainly not a monstrous kind of villain, which I believe was the main requirement.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Other potential first party Halloween picks I can think of Are:
King Boo
Chandelure
Decidueye
Dragapult
Mimikyu
Skull Kid
Midna
Porky (spider mech, is basically a zombie)
Master Mummy
Taranza (is a spider)

but it seems like that category may not end up winning.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Would Death Egg Robo qualify? It's certainly not a monstrous kind of villain, which I believe was the main requirement.
Venus mentioned Galleom in the job description, so I guess "monstrous" in the sense of being big enough to quailfy? That said:
Submission for stage changes are now closed. Thank you to everyone for adding them in!

I have expanded the music doc so please add more music!

Job #58: Submit a new Boss!

We will begin adding bosses to the game that will be featured in our Adventure/Story Mode as well as Classic Modes and a soon-to-be revealed item called Boss Spheres. This will be a new special kind of item that functions similarly to an Assist Trophy and a Dragoon.

Please submit both a first-party and a third-party boss so 2 total! Please only choose bosses of the monstrous variety so those similar to previous bosses like Rathalos, Galleam, Rayqauza, etc. Characters such as Dr. Eggman, Sigma, Ghirahim, Sylux, Geese Howard, Black Shadow, M. Bison, etc won’t be accepted as they don’t traditional fill this criteria. Acceptable monsters would include ones such as Volvagia, Hades (his monstrous form of course), Behemoth, any Angel from Bayonetta, Andross, Wizzpig, etc.

A boss from a series that doesn’t have a representative fighter is eligible but only as long as their franchise has a history with Nintendo.
Venus, you kinda misspelled "Galleom".

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Job #58
First Party Boss:

Homunculus γ from Astral Chain
I won't stop pushing Astral Chain content.

Throughout the majority of the game, the main character and their siblings pursue Jena Anderson, the Neuron Commander's protégé gone missing. As a part of her mysterious goal that Platinum didn't really explain well, Jena creates several Homunculi to wreak havoc on the Ark.

Homunulus Gamma is a large, monstrous beast that has the capability to level an entire city if left unchecked. As such, it will be encountered on a city rooftop, with dark skies and spikes protruding from the ground, reminiscent of the Astral Plain. Homunculus γ will first appear as Homunculus β in the background, latching onto a nearby building as it absorbs chimeric energy. It will then jump down onto the battlefield and transform into Homunculus γ. This boss is as tall as the Ganon boss in Ultimate. Its legs will be the primary place the player will be attacking it. To compensate for this slow, heavy beast's need to stay grounded, it will have a layer of armor on both legs. This armor will absorb hits and make them a lot weaker until it is broken. Legion Assault plays during this fight (until I can put Homunculus γ in the song list).

Homunculus Gamma features a wide variety of attacks fit for a boss in Ultimate, including:
1. A large laser. The Homunculus will begin by firing it at the ground and moving it upwards in an arc.
2. Swipes from its arms. Self explanatory. These will deal large amounts of knockback.
3. A stomp. Self explanatory, can bury.
4. Body slam. Homunculus Gamma will sometimes follow a stomp with this, leaping high into the air and attempting to crush the player with both arms and legs.
5. Spikes. The Homunculus will crouch down on the ground, creating spikes wherever the player stands that cover a large area, forcing the player to run. These spikes will be preceded by a purple glow on the ground where they will spawn in order to give the player some heads up.

At half health, the Homunculus will begin to jump into the background and gain new attacks.
6. Goop? Homunculus Gamma will jump into the background and firing a sticky glob of liquid that slows the player down if stepped in. The goo will last around 3 seconds on the ground before disappearing.
7. Spikes (again). Homunculus Gamma will fire several spikes from its back at the player. To account for the player not having an arrow legion or a z-axis, I will take creative liberties and makes these spikes reflectable with a strong enough attack (like a side smash) as a way to deal damage.
8. Homunculus egg. At least that's what I think they are. The homunculus will fire several pods at the player. These will seem relatively harmless on the ground before they explode. The explosion isn't that large, but getting caught in one might mean getting caught in a few more.
9. Laser (again). Functions similarly to ZSS final smash, only without a multihit.

If Homunculus Gamma is in the background when it has around 1-2% health remaining, it will always jump back. However, when it jumps, it will barely hold onto the platform, allowing its head to be attacked for easy damage.

When it is defeated, the Homunculus will glow purple and disappear in an array of particles.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 58

FIRST PARTY

GRIMA

Origin: Fire Emblem Awakening

Stage: An empty field that is dark and cloudly, and eventually the background is taken up by Grima

Song: ID Purpose

Mechanics:
The only hitbox is grima's head and horns, attacking those deals damage.

Abilities:
-Expiration: Grima shoots a ball of Fell energy out of their mouth and it deals damage and can hit several Times
-Valentia Expiration: Fell spikes explode from out of the ground
-Risen: Grima summons a fell version of a random character on the roster
-Rightful God: Increases not only grima's speed but of any Risen on the field as well
-Thunder/Elthunder/Arcthunder/Thoron: Variations of these spells will fall from the sky.
-Glowing Ember: Grima uses their fell breath and it deals damage equivalent to their current health
\

THIRD PARTY
CYBERDEMON

Origin: DOOM

Stage: A destroyed science facility in a fashion similar to galleom's

Song: Cyberdemon or At Doom's Gate

Mechanics:
The Cyberdemon is a large figure about the size of Ganon, like ganon they jump around the stage.

Abilities:
-Rocket Arm: The Cyberdemon shoots homing rockets from its arm
-Laser: The Cyberdemon charges up a large blast and then fires a massive laser from it's arm
-Bombardment: The Cyberdemon launches several smaller explosives on the ground that explode after a little while
-Roar: The Cyberdemon roars stunning anyone next to them
-Charge: The Cyberdemon charges forwards
-Firewall: at half-health it summons several pillars that are on fire and deal damage once touched, they are destroyed once the Cyberdemon charges

(Doom 1 released on the SNES, and they had the Nintendo exclusive DOOM 64. Nowadays all Doom games are on the switch including 2016 and Eternal.)

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I will be adding these stage changes to the front post over the week.

I am also restructuring the way we go about doing Spirits which will hopefully fix some issues that with their submissions. This change will be implemented following our current Spirit Event. That being said, I do have an important announcement.

The Character Protection process is no more

Characters no longer need to be protected from being made into Spirits or another content like Assist Trophies, Pokéballs, costumes, etc. However, and this is important, any content featured on this post is considered locked into the game since it’s already appeared to the public. I will announce the content that’s set to be revealed prior to a Direct and you can make a request to remove a character content from the presentation:

You must do the following:
1) Ping me Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
2) explain your intention with this character
3) Explain why the character deserves not being made into a Spirit or related content
4) Submit suitable replacement. For example, say if we make Chun-li a Mii costume but someone wants to use her as fighter, then the person must provide a suitable replacement costume from Street Fighter. This also includes Spirits with the replacement spirit having to be from the same game.

Once these are provided, I will consult with the deputy director, @Smashing Ramen and an unaffiliated team member on if the character warrants being delayed. This means that they won’t appear in the planned reveal but, rather, will appear in the final content trailer prior to launch. That gives you sometime to get support and champion this character if you want them to be playable.

Second order of business, please consider helping out the wiki! We’ve been here at work seeing it up but it still needs more work!

Finally, with Medusa and our second Echo confirmed it’s time we look to our next newcomer who will be revealed in an October direct! This job will be a bit different as we will first vote on which prompt to use. This will be a precursor to several future jobs where you get to major up the prompt! Poll will go up shortly after this.
I'm a little confused on the new system. So Spirits can be promoted, but we still have to put them off to add them? Or is it just trying to get people on your side to get them added?

Paraster

Smash Lord
Technically an old boss, but it wasn't in Ultimate, and I do have some new ideas. Rayquaza would have two phases, much like Dracula. (See here to check on its Brawl iteration for comparison.)
Arena: Instead of a lake, Rayquaza would be fought at the top of an ancient tower stretching into the clouds, based on the Sky Pillar.
Phase 1: Largely identical to its fight in Brawl, except with less health and fewer attacks (Iron Tail, Dash, Diagonal/Horizontal Electric Ball, Lightning Strike)
Phase 2: Upon being reduced to 0 HP, Rayquaza recoils for a moment before curling up as a shell appears around it. The shell then breaks open to reveal Mega Rayquaza, who has a different set of moves.
  • Air Dash: identical to Brawl
  • Dragon Ascent: Rayquaza flies upward as energy surrounds it. A glowing spot appears on the ground following the fighter. After a little bit, Rayquaza flies back down. It curls back up just above the ground, which causes an explosion around that spot from the recoil of energy.
  • Dragon Pulse: From either side of the screen, Rayquaza charges up before firing a purple energy blast and tilting it upward, much like Ganon's malice blast. Rayquaza also has a chance to fake the fighter out, however, by charging up, then instead shooting the blast straight along the top of the screen.
  • Ancient Power: Rayquaza slaps its tail on the ground and several glowing rocks rise up from the ground. One by one, the rocks are thrown towards the fighter with slight homing properties.
  • Outrage: Rayquaza roars, then swings its tail forward several times in a row, moving forward slightly as it does so. If one strike lands, hitstun is strong enough to trap the fighter until the end of the move.
  • Hurricane: Rayquaza twirls around before going off the side of the screen. From that side, a series of small tornadoes fly out at verious heights.
During Phase 1, Victory Road - Pokémon Ruby / Pokémon Sapphire plays. During Phase 2, Battle! (Lorekeeper Zinnia) plays.
I do not currently have any ideas for third-party bosses.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Gonna submit my boss later. In the meantime, I’ll resubmit my spirit
Fall Guy

Debut Game: Fall Guys
Advanced Class Support (Strong Throw)
Song: Fruit Basket (May change if a Fall Guys song is submitted)
Stage: Warioware Inc.
Opponents: Kirby x8 (First 8 alts besides default alt)
Rules: The opponent likes to jump, The opponent favors grabs, the opponent taunts often

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Here are some quick submissions for the Indie Spirit Event

Spirit: Jill Stingray
Series: VA-11 HALL-A
Type: Support Neutral
Slots: 1
Ability: Bottle Of Soda Equipped
Opponents: Ashley
Minions: :ultbrawler: (cat suit)
Stage: Fourside Battlefield
Song: Bomb Rush Blush