• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think it would be neat if we did the opposite of Ultimate: the newcomers are who you start with, and you have to go back and unlock all the veterans. The priority order would also be essentially swapped (Palutena and Bowswer Jr would be among the first, with Luigi and Link being some of the last). I'd also like an option to have everything off the bat, mostly for convenience setting up tourneys.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job 52:
1. While in the internet era it doesn't make sense to keep characters secret, what with leaks and marketing and the quick dissemination of information. But still, I remember the feeling of discovery when I unlocked characters as a kid; you aren't watching trailers or following speculation, so everything in the game is new. In the spirit of keeping that sense of discovery, I'd make some characters unlockable. Not many, maybe 1/3rd or 2/5ths of the roster.

Characters who have historically been unlockable will remain as such. The criteria would depend on the character, but stuff like villains and characters from more obscure franchises would be prioritized to be unlockable. Of the newcomers so far, I lean towards all being unlockable except for Isaac, Dee and Crash (and Octoling if Echoes are unlocked alongside the OGs, I don't remember). Ashley isn't a villain but is a villanous archetype, Stylist is a deep cut and I'd like Waluigi to have that sense of accomplishment for finally getting him. For Ultimate characters, I think :ultridley::ultrichter::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ult_terry::ultbyleth::ultsteve::ultsephiroth: should be unlockable, maybe Min Min as well if we end up adding Spring Man.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Great ideas guys!

voting for the Crash Assist Triphy and Mii Costume will finish soon.

Also, the wikia is up! It’s still a work in progress but I feel it has enough content and templates up to make the link available for everyone! Please follow the formats and templates provided for including content. Of course, you will need a Wikia account to edit.

https://super-smash-bros-infinite.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Infinite_Wiki

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
pretty sure voting for the Crash assist trophy and Mii costume finished quite a while ago :4pacman:

anyway the Wiki's looking great!
Lol I was busy yesterday. Anyways I will be counting up the votes and then announcing the winner.

People are free to add in content but please keep to the provided format.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job 52
Part 1:

I think that we should have at least half the characters from Ultimate be unlockable, and obviously some newcomers would be unlockable.
Starters: :ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultlink::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultyoshi::ultfox::ultike::ultrobin::ultpit::ultwario::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultshulk::ultolimar::ultminmin:ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner:
Unlockables: :ultluigi::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha::ultdoc::ultkrool::ultsheik::ultganondorf::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultzss::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultness::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultbyleth::ultcorrin::ultfalcon::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultgnw::ultrob::ultlittlemac::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultjoker::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken::ultpacman::ultcloud::ultsephiroth::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve::ult_terry:
For the current newcomers we have picked out, I feel like Isaac might be the only one I would consider to be starting roster.

Part 2:
Complete a certain amount of matches / time played.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Part 1:
~1/3 of the Roster is Default, Characters Are Taken From Across All Smash Games
Starters:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultfalcon::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultzelda::ultmarth::ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultike::ultpokemontrainer::ultdiddy::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultlucario::ultvillager::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultridley::ultisabelle::isaac::ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner:

Unlockables:
:ultluigi::ultness::ultjigglypuff::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultfalco::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw::ultzss::ultwario::ultsnake::ultlucas::ultsonic::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultrobin::ultlucina::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultdaisy::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbyleth::ultminmin:ultsteve::ultsephiroth:(rest of Infinite newcomers).

My logic was that I like starting with a smaller roster so that its not so overwhelming for new players, but I thought just having the original 8 was a little restrictive, and to me it just feels weird to unlock characters like Villager, Inkling, Peach and Pit. I hit a clean 30 characters, but as we add more fighters that may change (although most of the new characters being added are pretty secondary so maybe not). Mii fighters are 1111 and use the look of the official art for the Mii fighters.

Part 2:
Cheat Code
Cheat Code that lets unlock you all or specific characters. For tournaments and returning players there should be an option to unlock all characters from the beginning, but only known by the people who are going to actively google the cheat code, so that newcomers can learn some of the more obscure characters as they get unlocked.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Job 52:

Part 1:
This may seem a bit random but the following list would essentially be my starter roster. Its the main character of many first party Nintendo IPs - besides a few exeptions (Ice Climbers are considered the first of the retro reps), plus every 3rd party character introduced prior to Ultimate. I also added Issac and Crash, as the former is a fan favorite who is relatively simple, and Crash is an exciting new 3rd party, who plays simple enough to not be to complex for beginners like characters such as Steve or Terry would. I think this strikes a good balance between having enough popular characters for long term fans, but to the point where it isn't too overwhelming to newcomers. Of course, Mii's are not exactly unlocked, rather created.
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultness::ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultpit::ultwario::ultsnake::ultolimar::ultsonic::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta: Issac: Crash:

Part 2:
How do we unlock characters? Well, truth be told Ultimate did this really well in my opinion, to the point where I don't see need for much change. They can be unlocked at random by just doing versus matches, but by using Classic or All Star mode you have a guarantee at getting a certain character depending on the conditions. Of course, with a hypothetical Adventure/Story mode, you would unlock characters once you encounter them in the story - or however we decide to do it.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
You know, Wario had two Assist Trophies in Smash 4, Ashley and Kat & Ana. I find it ironic Kat & Ana is battling for Ashley's spot when they were able to co-exist with her at one point. Theoretically, we could have just had a separate vote for cut Assist Trophies in terms of whether to bring them back rather than having them compete with new ones.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Spirit Battles can be submitted but please keep them to 8 maximum. As to the first question, yes the event is over. We will be doing another theme later in the week.

You know, Wario had two Assist Trophies in Smash 4, Ashley and Kat & Ana. I find it ironic Kat & Ana is battling for Ashley's spot when they were able to co-exist with her at one point. Theoretically, we could have just had a separate vote for cut Assist Trophies in terms of whether to bring them back rather than having them compete with new ones.
Fair enough point. I hadn’t considered that option and I had totally forgotten they were also in Smash 4. That being said, I did say that previously cut assist trophies could be included so this ruling will stay.

Kat & Ana and Mona will be our Assist Trophies for Wario due to them being a tie. This isn’t something that will happen often but, per the information, it was decided to include both.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What do you mean by “Spirit Battles can be submitted?” As in eight non-themed battles until the next theme is announced?

Spirit Battles are open for submission. Nothing else beyond that. No theme. No frills. I will let the thread know who will be making the next theme near the middle of the week. Just don’t go overboard and submit like 30 spirits/battles. 8 max per submission.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom My All-Star post is ready to be on the front page. (Other than a Stylist stock icon, but afaik there isn't one yet.)

I've got some other stuff too.

Melee Alts:
The new Brown and Olive skins for Dr. Mario are both based off the same sprite, so they're basically the same Alt, so one should be replaced. If we're replacing Sheik's new OoT Alt because its too similar to an existing skin, then Zelda's new Twilight Princess alt should also be replaced, Since her 7th alt is already based on that. The top next voted skin for Dr. Mario is my Silver Alt based on Dr. Metal Mario, and Zelda's next top voted skin is my purple alt based on Hilda. (which actually looks like it got first and was missed). Also the Pastel Alt (Which I envisioned as pink not turquoise since its based on Tiki) for Marth, and the Silver alt for Roy are both my submissions which I forgot to put my name with on the doc.

Errors on the front page:
There seems to be an extra blank line between the spoiler for Crash's moveset and the Stylist's banner.

There is another blank space between Donkey Kong's picture and the spoiler for his reworked moveset.

Ganondorf's section for reworked moveset is not aligened to the left instead of centered

The picture for the Poke Ball Wooloo is aligned left instead of centered

The Chef Outfir Mii costume box is aligned left instead of centered, and the picture for the diving suit is aligned left instead of centered.

while the The Pokemon spirit Melmetal did debut in pokemon go, its pokedex number and time of reveal are both after Zeraora so it should probably be moved there, rather than between the gen 6 and gen 7 spirits.

The Yoshi spirit section should be move to before the Kirby spirit section since Yoshi's fighter number is before Kirby's.

The Shovel Knight spirit Phantom Striker spirit is incorrectly spelt as Phantom Knight

The Shovel Knight spirit Troupple King is misspelled as Trouple King

Buzzy Beetle spirit is listed as from Mario Bros. but should be from Super Mario Bros.

King Totometsu is spirit is listed as being from Mario Land when it should be from Super Mario Land

Galarian Slowbro spirit is listed as being from Crown Tundra when it should be from Isle of Armor

Galarian Articuno, Zapdos, & Moltres is listed as from Pokemon a Sword & Shield (a shouldn’t be there)

The B in EarthBound Beginning for the Giegue spirit should be capitalized.

The Topi (JP) and Topi (US) spirits are missing their game of origin (Ice Climbers)

The game of origin for the Wario spirits Penny Crygor and Super Makermatic 21 are missing the colon after Warioware (WarioWare: Smooth Moves) (WarioWare: D.I.Y.)

The Splatoon spirit Salmonid Chums is misspelled as salmon chudds, and should also be from Splatoon 2 not Splatoon.

The splatoon spirit C. Q. Cumber is misspelled as C. Q. Cucumber

The Golden Sun spirits’ game of origin have some italicized, when none of the other series have italicized game origins,

The Style Savvy spirits from Style Savvy: Trendsetters have a semicolon instead of a colon in the game of origin

The Style Savvy Angelique spirit is not bolded when all the others are

The Sonic the hedgehog Moto Bug spirit is listed incorrectly as Bug

The Mega Man Ring Man spirit isn’t linked to its post

The Crash Bandicoot spirit Nitros Oxide’s link extends into the first parentheses of the game of origin

The Other spirits Wifi Assitant and E-Shop bag are both from 3DS, but one is listed as (3DS), and the other is (Nintendo 3DS)

All of the Plants Vs. Zombie spirits are missing the period after Vs in the game origin, aside from the Newspaper Zombie

The Celeste spirits Madeline and Badeline are misspelled as Madeleine and Badeleine

Perkilator’s Fire Emblem Gaiden spirits seem to be missing
https://smashboards.com/threads/ultimate’s-sequel-super-smash-bros-infinite-project-read-the-op-first-before-joining.510119/post-24275514

Kirby and Golden Sun music are still listed, Might be redundant now since all music is listed on another doc

As far as I can tell The title Smash Infinite is nowhere on the front page, outside of the title of the thread at the top of every page, so that should probably be added.

The Astral Chain spirits Olive Espinose and Brenda Moreno are missing the valentines day spirit event tag.

The pokemon Spirit Tsareena is missing the valentines day spirit tag.

The Gallery pictures for Bandana Dee and Isaac are smaller than the rest of the Gallery pictures.
Sorry to nitpick, but my job is quality insurance :ultpacman:

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Lol listing spirit battles are the bane of my existence. I’ll get to adding these though some of them is problematic formatting in the post. I’ll see if I can fix it but I gave up on it half way lol

For Spirit submissions, I’m most likely going to stop updating the front page as it constantly crashes my browser. It’s starting to get too large for me to properly edit.

Krookodilian Krookodilian thanks for pointing all of these out. I have more or less cleaned it up. That being said, the gallery is a difficult thing to control as each image is different sizes and rearranging the sizes on mobile is a headache and a half.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mighty and Ray
Sonic the Hedgehog series (Debut: SegaSonic the Hedgehog)
Ace class support - Down B up

Song: Studiopolis
Stage: Green Hill Zone
Opponents: Red Sonic, orange jacket Fox
Rules: Fox has a tanooki leaf, Sonic favours neutral air, Sonic will only passively attack until Fox is KO’d, in which case he will get aggressive.

Mr. Stevenson
Gumshoe (listed alongside Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, and Hogan’s Alley)
Novice class support - Floaty Jumps
D737C79C-1E94-4F4B-8C84-670CA317B4C0.jpeg

Stage: Omega Wrecking Crew
Song: Skyscraper Phase
Opponent: Cyan Inkling (Glasses), Invisible Duck Hunt
Rules: Duck Hunt favours smash attacks, Defeat Inkling to win.

Expansion Pak
Nintendo Hardware series
Advanced class support - Fog Immunity

Stage: Great Bay
Song: DK Rap (Original)
Opponents: Link (Fierce Deity), DK (Lanky colours), ZSS (Dark Blue)
Rules: Foes will increase in size occasionally

Virgil Reality
Bubsy series (Debut: Bubsy 2 (Manual), Bubsy: Paws on Fire (Game))
Novice class support - foot attack up

Song: Arcade Bunny’s Theme
Stage: Fourside (hazards on)
Opponents: default Banjo
Rules: No-frills battle

Werner Werman
Cuphead
Novice class primary

Song: Floral Fury
Stage: Living Room (cat)
Opponents: Morton, giant blue Incineroar
Rules: defeat one to fight the next. Morton favours side B

Fowl Mouth
Cel Damage
Advanced class support - Bob-Omb Equipped

Song: Multiplayer - Metroid Prime 2
Opponents: Falco
Stage: Gerudo Valley
Rules: Bats spawn often, everyone is really light, everyone has uncontrollable speed

Q*Bert
Q*Bert series (Debut: Q*Bert)
Advanced class primary - jump up

Song: 25M BGM
Stage: Pac-Maze (Battlefield)
Opponent: Kirby (Orange), Charizard (Purple)
Rules: Foes jump a lot. Kirby favours kicks.

Numbers and Letters
Sonic’s Schoolhouse
Novice class primary

Song: Yoshi’s Story (64)
Stage: Omega Hyrule Castle
Opponents: Extra-small Ness, small Lucas x2, Toon Link x3, big Ice Climbers x2
Rules: Defeat Ness to progress to the Lucases, then defeat them to progress to Toon Link, then defeat them to progress to the ICs. Dr. Kawashima ATs spawn often.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mighty and Ray
Sonic the Hedgehog series
Ace class support - Down B up

Song: Studiopolis
Stage: Green Hill Zone
Opponents: Red Sonic, orange jacket Fox
Rules: Fox has a tanooki leaf, Sonic favours neutral air, Sonic will only passively attack until Fox is KO’d, in which case he will get aggressive.

Mr. Stevenson
Gumshoe (listed alongside Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, and Hogan’s Alley)
Novice class support - Floaty Jumps
View attachment 303144
Stage: Omega Wrecking Crew
Song: Skyscraper Phase
Opponent: Cyan Inkling (Glasses), Invisible Duck Hunt
Rules: Duck Hunt favours smash attacks, Defeat Inkling to win.

Expansion Pak
Nintendo Hardware series
Advanced class support - Fog Immunity

Stage: Great Bay
Song: DK Rap (Original)
Opponents: Link (Fierce Deity), DK (Lanky colours), ZSS (Dark Blue)
Rules: Foes will increase in size occasionally

Virgil Reality
Bubsy series
Novice class support - foot attack up

Song: Arcade Bunny’s Theme
Stage: Fourside (hazards on)
Opponents: default Banjo
Rules: No-frills battle

Werner Werman
Cuphead
Novice class primary

Song: Floral Fury
Stage: Living Room (cat)
Opponents: Morton, giant blue Incineroar
Rules: defeat one to fight the next. Morton favours side B

Fowl Mouth
Cel Damage
Advanced class support - Bob-Omb Equipped

Song: Multiplayer - Metroid Prime 2
Opponents: Falco
Stage: Gerudo Valley
Rules: Bats spawn often, everyone is really light, everyone has uncontrollable speed

Q*Bert
Q*Bert series
Advanced class primary - jump up

Song: 25M BGM
Stage: Pac-Maze (Battlefield)
Opponent: Kirby (Orange), Charizard (Purple)
Rules: Foes jump a lot. Kirby favours kicks.

Numbers and Letters
Sonic’s Schoolhouse
Novice class primary

Song: Yoshi’s Story (64)
Stage: Omega Hyrule Castle
Opponents: Extra-small Ness, small Lucas x2, Toon Link x3, big Ice Climbers x2
Rules: Defeat Ness to progress to the Lucases, then defeat them to progress to Toon Link, then defeat them to progress to the ICs. Dr. Kawashima ATs spawn often.
I will include all of these except for the Numbers and Letters. Even though Sonic has appeared on Nintendo systems, this game never did and it doesn’t have the legacy or importance to warrant a Spirit inclusion.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I want to address our issues with Spirits and Spirit Battles. At it’s current state, I can still add and modify the post but it’s janky. Trying to edit it will sometimes cause my browser to close up. I also notice some lag in my end when I go the front page. It’s not an issue right now and it’s definitely manageable but it could become an issue in the future so I want to figure an idea that works before that happens. I’ll be thinking a way to mitigate this issue.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So I want to address our issues with Spirits and Spirit Battles. At it’s current state, I can still add and modify the post but it’s janky. Trying to edit it will sometimes cause my browser to close up. I also notice some lag in my end when I go the front page. It’s not an issue right now and it’s definitely manageable but it could become an issue in the future so I want to figure an idea that works before that happens. I’ll be thinking a way to mitigate this issue.
Simply removing the Spirit list on the OP (excluding the Spirits revealed in Directs of course) and keeping the full list exclusive to the Google Doc seems like a good solution to me.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Simply removing the Spirit list on the OP (excluding the Spirits revealed in Directs of course) and keeping the full list exclusive to the Google Doc seems like a good solution to me.
I do have an idea of using our wikia site. For example, this:

That way, people can freely add spirits and then list them here in the thread if they want. I’m still working on the system to avoid people submitting joke spirits or ones that don’t make sense/not Nintendo. Maybe having the administrators the ability to remove spirits that should stray outside theboundaries set

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I personally prefer the doc since it’s an easy way to view all Spirits as they would appear in-game, with the option of sorting by alphabet, rank, poster, e.t.c.
Don't worry I'll still update the doc whenever I can. Once it contains more Spirits I'd be down to put them all into the wikia like here.

Also is the Expansion Pack Spirit eligible or not? Given the fact it hasn't originated within a game and can't really be linked to a game series, but rather is hardware for an entire console. I know ROB was a toy but he is a whole character in Smash Bros and is kind of exempt from that rule. I'm honestly a bit confused on that one.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Don't worry I'll still update the doc whenever I can. Once it contains more Spirits I'd be down to put them all into the wikia like here.

Also is the Expansion Pack Spirit eligible or not? Given the fact it hasn't originated within a game and can't really be linked to a game series, but rather is hardware for an entire console. I know ROB was a toy but he is a whole character in Smash Bros and is kind of exempt from that rule. I'm honestly a bit confused on that one.
For Expansion Pak I went off ROB’s secondary spirits as to whether it should be in or not. ROB’s secondary spirits are the different games ROB can play, and are represented by ROB with their additional parts as opposed to any actual imagery from the games. https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_spirits_(R.O.B._series)

If you can’t figure out a place to put it in the list, I’d recommend putting it and any further hardware Spirits next to ROB.

Given the Super Scope is an item and one of the areas in WoL is filled with real world Nintendo objects I see no reason to exclude Spirits of real world objects, even if they have to be exclusively related to Nintendo.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
While we're on the topic of submitting spirits I just want to mention the formatting of spirit posts. Right now the way that the inforamtion for a spirit battle is displayed varies depending on the submitter, so its not very cohesive, and some are missing information or use inconsistent language to describe the same things. This is the format I use and Venus has encouraged others to adopt it as well.

[Picture][Name] [(Game of Origin)]
Class:
Type: [Primary/Support)(Attack/Shield/Grab), # of slots
Effect:
  • Puppet Fighter: Fighter (Describe which alt)
  • Stage:
  • Music Track:
  • Match:
  • Conditions:
For Example: (This is a spirit I submitted already so it doesn't need to be added again)
Lana (Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Shield, 2 Slots
Effect: Electric Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin (Blue)
  • Stage: Temple
  • Music Track: Push Forward
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors neutral special, Hazard: Zap Floor

Here are some resources that I use when making my spirits that helps with keeping the skills they have accurate, as well as not creating a spirit thats already in the game.

I use this one to see which traits come alongside primary spirits

I use this to see which effects can be given by support spirits.

I use this to see what the in game text is for certain conditions.

I've also found that the Mario wiki has the most viewable list of already existing spirits, with the spirit battle details alongside it for inspiration.

I do have an idea of using our wikia site. For example, this:
That way, people can freely add spirits and then list them here in the thread if they want. I’m still working on the system to avoid people submitting joke spirits or ones that don’t make sense/not Nintendo. Maybe having the administrators the ability to remove spirits that should stray outside the boundaries set
I think that using the Wikia and the already existing google sheets will work going forward. Another thing to think about if we're regulating spirit submissions is that right now quite a few spirits use in the game sprite as their spirit art. There is precedent in Smash Ultimate for this happening with the Mother, Ice Climber, and Pac-Man series using in game sprites but usually if there's no official art of the character then its likely that they're not the kind of character who would get a spirit.

Personally I think R.O.B. is an exception and should be the only real world spirit since he's a fighter.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Another thing to think about if we're regulating spirit submissions is that right now quite a few spirits use in the game sprite as their spirit art. There is precedent in Smash Ultimate for this happening with the Mother, Ice Climber, and Pac-Man series using in game sprites but usually if there's no official art of the character then its likely that they're not the kind of character who would get a spirit.
I think you could let that pass but as long as that sprite they're using actually have the character in full detail and isn't vague in appearance and not look pretty janky.

On the other hand, if they could find a semblance of high quality boxart that featured the character you could advise them to use that instead.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ll be thinking of how we can deal with adding spirits in the future. That being said, the wikia does seem good as it allows a bit more freedom for everyone and pictures can be added quite easily. It’s also great for categorization. Regardless, I will be making pages for every series why not add the new spirits into it.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Okay, I know that this a dumb thing to say but are we allowed to make a joke spirit (a spirit that is ridiculously powerful or ridiculously weak that didn't met the criteria) because from inspecting the spirit that we got I notice that there's one joke submission that slip in and that is God Slayer Nanako.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Zavok (Sonic Lost World)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary 2 slots
Effect: Fire Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultbowser: (Red)
  • Stage: Windy Hill Zone
  • Music Track: Death Egg Robot
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: Giant, the enemy favors grounded attacks

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Spirit: Toucannon (Pokémon: Sun and Moon)
Spirit Type: Neutral Advanced Support
Spirit Ability: Gives you a raygun
Spirit Battle: :ultbanjokazooie:
Rules: the enemy prefers neutral specials
The neutral Special is more powerful
Arena: Kongo Jungle (64)
OST: Battle Trainer (Sun and Moon)

Edit: voting for Considered Roaster (64), Everyone after ultimate and some newcomer season starters and unlockable for part 1 and more classic mode unlocks, unique ways and cheat codes for part 2

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Starters VS Unlockables
1. Every character is locked save for the mascot characters from each main series
2. Starting roster are the newcomers
3. 1/3 if the roster is starter with characters coming from the various Smash titles

Methods of Unlocking
1. Unique ways of unlocking characters that are tied to the character specifically
2. Cheat Codes
3. More intricate Classic Mode paths that tie to specific characters

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Unlock type
1. Every character is locked save for the mascot characters from each main series
2. Everyone after Ultimate are locked
3. 1/3 if the roster is starter with characters coming from the various Smash titles

Methods
1. Each character has a unique yet general method of being unlocked that isn’t necessary themed around the character
2. All characters are unlocked in the Smash Dungeon mode
3. Unique ways of unlocking characters that are tied to the character specifically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom