• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m taking the Stylist as I have a pretty good idea for it. Just will be a drawing, not full color.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Stage builder Improvement(sorry IDK job number): Breakable terrain (Like the Shadow Moses Island walls)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be closing submissions for Stage Builder improvements soon. Please get them
In when you can.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions are now closed and we will begin voting for our top three improvements to include. Below you can find quoted messages of the improvement submissions and then the criteria for voting. Due to time restrictions, I couldn’t link them so use these quotes to help you decide:

Job #65:
Texture rework

All textures are removed except Bouncy Rubber, Lava, and Ice. The default platforms are now completely plain and can have their colours customised. Textured platforms can also have their colours changed. New textures exclusively change mechanics, those being:

Quicksand (sinks characters in)
Fragile wood (collapses like donut blocks in Mario games)
Water (swimmable - and drownable)
Brambles (from Donkey Kong. Causes damage but not knockback when stood on)
Recharge Strips (from F-Zero. Heals those who stand on it)
Glue (Makes it hard to jump)
Conveyer Belt (Should be obvious)
Spotted (Can be ran around on regardless of gravity, like the wheels in Sonic 1's Scrap Brain Zone)
Checkered Grass (From Sonic. Increases speed at both directions.)
Meat (Items appear every time it's jumped on)
Swirly (Decreases speed at both directions)
Inflated Latex (Causes knockback but not damage, goes up with gravity instead of down)
Job 65

More Backdrops Added

The backdrops for Final Destination and Battlefield of all the past Smash games are now selectable as well as backdrops for all the first party series from their debut games. In addition to those, all the boss fight backdrops are now useable in stable builder as well
Job 65

Logic

(Sorry if this is too expansive, I have a separate idea if that is the case.)

Basically, there would be some very basic logic added to stage builder it would be an expansion to the Switches already in the game, they would get replaced with an all new Logic tab where there would be a few new things

AND Gates2 things have to be inputted into this gate and something will come out as a result
OR Gates2 triggers lead into this gate and as long as one of them is activated the result is produced
TimerOnce the time runs out or gets to a certain number it can be tied to a function.
SensorCan detect a player or physics object depending on the settings
ButtonPlayer's or Physics objects landing on it will activate it while standing on it
2 Way SwitchThe switch already seen in game, on or off
3 Way SwitchA switch with 3 separate functions
EmitterCan dispense a smash Item or Physics object once activated, the item can be selected by the stage author
SpeakerOnce activated this can play a voice line or sound effect seen in the sound test menu.
Text BoxYou can place a wall of text that you can type on, there are strict Chat filters applied to it as expected. and the visibility can be toggled with logic.

The logic can be interacted with via a separate menu accessed in whatever stage you are working on and the interface would be a simple drag and drop system ala the Overwatch Workshop or Little big Planet 2. For example "If (2 way switch 1) is in the ON position, spawn an Assist trophy from (Emitter 1)"
Job #65: Custom playlist of Music for stages

You ever made a really good stage, and then thought afterword, "golly gee willikers, Batman, I made a great stage but only 1 song can go with it. I wish I could put multiple songs for this stage to play"? No, you haven't. You aren't friends with Batman. But if you were, you certainly would.

The idea is at the bottom, instead of it simply stating music, it says Music Playlist. Here, you can add songs and remove songs for the stage you're making. You can still only have 1 song if wanted, but you can have up to a total of [whatever amount of songs Venus would think is reasonable. I say 20, but maybe he doesn't think so].
I could try to do Bandana Dee, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom . I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination, so don't expect the mona lisa.

Anyway, Stage Builder. My idea for an improvement is simple... every background is here. Every"real" stage has a background that accompanies it. While it sounds like a lot of work on paper, it's really just a PNG. Every stage would get one background, usually resembling the start of the stage. The exceptions are Mementos (which has a form for each phase) and Minecraft World (which has a form using the Nether). In addition, every background from Brawl and 4's Stage Builder make a return.

Also, if a stage builder stage has more sand/ice/wool than generic material, Steve mines that block instead of dirt. If the background uses the Nether variant of the Minecraft World stage, it uses the Nether items (netherrack, blackstone, crimson planks), with the potential exception of Netherack if the first variable applies.
Stage builder Improvement(sorry IDK job number): Breakable terrain (Like the Shadow Moses Island walls)
Please vote for our top 3 improvements for stage builder. When voting, please do like this this to make it easier for me to count:
  • Texture Rework -Wario Wario Wario
  • More Backdrops - Jomosensual
  • Logic - Cashregister9
  • Custom Playlist - Cheese Anton
  • Every Backdrop is Here - PeriodotGX
  • Breakable Terrain - warppenguin555

We will be accepting first, second, and third places into our Stage Builder improvements.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Every Backdrop is Here - PeridotGX
Custom Playlists - CheeseAnton
Texture Rework - Wario Wario Wario (if I'm not allowed to vote for my own, I'll take Breakable terrain - warppenguin555)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Every Backdrop is here - PeridotGX
Texture Rework - Wario Wario Wario

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Breakable Terrain - warppenguin555
Logic - Cashregister9

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Every Backdrop is Here - PeriodotGX
More Backdrops - Jomosensual
Custom Playlist - Cheese Anton

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A bit late but Reporter & Wrestler will be joining as Mii Costumes and the DJ Adore & Love Posse will appear as an Assist Trophy.

We will also continue voting for the Stage Builder improvements until around this time tomorrow.

I also want to proceed forward with our next job and this one is quite the big one...

Job #656 Add a Stage from a New Universe that won’t be Repped by a Newcomer

In the past, Smash has always included stages that came from iconic and important universes but also brought in stages based on series that never had a newcomer rep. This includes stages like Hanenbow, Living Room from Nintendogs, Nintendo DS, Wrecking Crew, Balloon Fight, etc.

Please submit a stage from a series that doesn’t have a representative fighter. Please keep in mind that including this stage will prevent the series from getting a rep later on down the road; even during our dlc so submit and vote accordingly.

For your submission, please indicate what universe this stage comes from and why it should be included as a stage. In addition, please describe the layout of the stage, any stage hazards or gimmicks, and any cameos that will appear.

It’s ok if it’s 3rd Party but the franchise MUST be from a company already represented in Smash. In addition, the game must have had a sizable appearance on a Nintendo system in the past in order to warrant its inclusion.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 65 66:

Tetris (Tetris Universe, duh)

the concept is pretty simple, the stage is set within, wherever Tetris takes place, and like Living Room, it stats out completely flat, but Tetrominos will rain down from above, altering the layout. there are many different Tetrominos that can fall, and they will only disappear when they create a row.

if you are crushed by one, you will take damage, but also will be sent flying through and on top of the Tetromino.

This stage should be added because Tetris is one of the most iconic games, however isn't particularly suited for a fighter imo, so a stage is the ideal way to represent it

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 66

CRAZY TAXI

The Layout would be pretty Simple It is a standard Walk-off Bridge of Eldin Style layout. A few feet from the blast zones on both ends there is an intersection. The background would put the fighters right in the middle of the city and there would be a handful of people walking around. and down the road on one intersection you can see the Ocean.

The gimmicks is where things get Crazy!
Occasionally a Taxi will come barreling towards the stage from either the blast zones or the intersections (Or rarely the sky), The Taxi's that come from the blast zones may also turn into an intersection. The Taxis deal a ton of damage and the driver is one of the 4 drivers from Crazy Taxi. To indicate that a Taxi is coming, a green arrow will point towards the stage and wherever that Arrow is coming from is where the Taxi will come from

When a taxi speeds by occasionally they will stop in the middle of the stage to either pick up or drop off a pedestrian. The taxi functions like a temporary platform and the Driver gestures towards the camera while stopped. After a second or 2 the Taxi will speed off.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job 66

CRAZY TAXI

The Layout would be pretty Simple It is a standard Walk-off Bridge of Eldin Style layout. A few feet from the blast zones on both ends there is an intersection. The background would put the fighters right in the middle of the city and there would be a handful of people walking around. and down the road on one intersection you can see the Ocean.

The gimmicks is where things get Crazy!
Occasionally a Taxi will come barreling towards the stage from either the blast zones or the intersections (Or rarely the sky), The Taxi's that come from the blast zones may also turn into an intersection. The Taxis deal a ton of damage and the driver is one of the 4 drivers from Crazy Taxi. To indicate that a Taxi is coming, a green arrow will point towards the stage and wherever that Arrow is coming from is where the Taxi will come from

When a taxi speeds by occasionally they will stop in the middle of the stage to either pick up or drop off a pedestrian. The taxi functions like a temporary platform and the Driver gestures towards the camera while stopped. After a second or 2 the Taxi will speed off.
Ah crap, I forgot to mention whether it’s for 1st or 3rd party.

It’s ok if it’s 3rd Party but the franchise MUST be from a company already represented in Smash. In addition, the game must have had a sizable appearance on a Nintendo system in the past in order to warrant its inclusion.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 66

Home Studio (Art Academy)

Art Academy: Home Studio - more screens, art | GoNintendo

Review] Art Academy: Home Studio – Pixelkin

Hailing from the Art Academy series, we have the home studio, the setting of the Wii U installment of Art Academy. The stage will be a traveling stage a la Delfino Plaza and New Donk City, with a set of platforms taking us to various different locations of the home studio, as well as within some of the paintings themselves. There will be two "studio" locations and 5 painting locations, with generic artistic settings as shown in the paintings in the above pictures. Each different location will have a different set of platforms, and some of the paintings may have different hazards, for example a painting by a lake will have water in it, or a painting in an autumn setting might have mild wind, while some paintings will have new sets of platforms or hazards being drawn a la Pictochat or Mario Maker. The two studio locations will also have a different set of platforms, but the "traveling" set of platforms between locations will always be the same, like in Skyloft or Halberd.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Ah crap, I forgot to mention whether it’s for 1st or 3rd party.

If I need to I'll fix or post a new one in the morning.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If I need to I'll fix or post a new one in the morning.
No, it should be ok. Just has to do some quick damage control so we don’t get stages from games like Among Us, Danganropa, or Gex. CT had some representation on Nintendo but what concerns me is the music. Most is licensed popular music which could prove difficult to obtain (we could try that out though haha)

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 66:

Tecmo Bowl - Tecmo Bowl

Stage Appearance:

The stage would appear similar to this but with endzones with the 2 players names/ team names on it instead and with the yard markers filled in as well. In multi person Smash stages they would just fill in with the world Super Smash Bros in both. It would be a walkoff stage with the end points being where the field ends and the barriers on the football field meet. There would also be goal posts on the stage that function as platforms.

Stage Hazards:
Well, we are on a football field after all, so obvious there will be football players on it. Some will be generic looking players who run around and cause damage if hit. There will be a few iconic NFL players from that game who will be somewhat represented in on the stage as well to watch out for. All have fake and made up names for the sake of Smash of course. All 3 of these can be KO'd which results in some cool down

1. The Rambling Raider

The Rambling Raider, AKA Bo Jackson, is known for being the fastest player in the game to the point of being considered broken. Due to this he flies across the field at breakneck pace and deal knockback if touched.

2. The 49th Miner
The 49th Miner, AKA Jerry Rice, is known for having great hands and being one of the best WRs to ever play the game. His ability is that he will run across the stage and catch airborn fighters, running them into the endzone before spiking them on the ground and dancing. The spike has a small meteor effect. He will also occasionally catch throw items and run them across the stage.

3. The Flying Fish
The Flying Fish, AKA Dan Marino, is known as one of the best QBs to ever play football. He will appear around the 20 yard line of the stage and throw anything that comes near by. Fighters, items, ATs, everything is free game for him. If nothing or nobody comes near he may begin to throw footballs that cause small damage and knock back to the fighters.

Obviously, these are not meant to rep 4th party characters as the later releases of Tecmo Bowl does not use the real player names in the game and just like here, is more of a wink and a nod to them being based on real people than anything else.

Why Tecmo Bowl?:
There's a few very solid reasons I think Tecmo Bowl should have some representation in Smash. First, the series comes from a sports game series which doesn't have much in Smash outside of items. 2nd, Tecmo Bowl is one of the most iconic sports games, if not video games, of all time. It's still brought up every so often in pop culture or in nostalgic conversations, cracking many greatest video game ever lists. And finally, Tecmo Bowl has a long history with Nintendo, with just about every single release being on a Nintendo console. It would also work as another retro stage being added to the game, as Tecmo Bowl was relased on the SNES. Some gamers look back and see Tecmo Bowl as their Super Mario Bros and for that, I believe Tecmo Bowl has a place in Smash.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Job 66:

Octopath Traveler: Orsterra

One could argue the most iconic part of Octopath Traveler is the visuals. As a game that is focused on 8 different travelers with none having priority over the other, it could be difficult to accurately represent the franchise via character. One could say that you could make them all skins of each other, however, when you compare the size of Olberic to Tressa, it's easy to see the problem. As such I believe the visual style of Octopath Traveler is perfect for a stage.

The stage would be a traveling platform similar to other traveling stages. As the continent of Orsterra is divided into 8 distinct areas, it is fitting for the stage to cycle through each area. The stage would consist of two platforms, one raised and one lowered. These would be connected by a lower slant. The aesthetics of the stage would change as it travels, so it could be sandy in the Sunlands, dark and grassy in the Woodlands, snowy in the Frostlands, etc.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #66

media.jpg

Megacorp* (Good Job!)

Ever felt like Smash was too rowdy? Don't you think those 100+ fighters need some structure in their lives? Why not land them all a nice, honest, quiet job in this omnidisciplinary, state-of-the-art corporation!

That's right, the company from Nintendo's 2020 digital-only game Good Job! now gets a stage in Smash Infinite. If you're familiar with the game, you know that it revolves around the son of the CEO doing random - and frequently destructive - odd jobs within the company. I feel like such a chaotic and comedic environment lends itself well to a Smash stage.

The stage would take place in a room like the one pictured, a sort of factory-like setting with lots of boxes stacked and bustling workers moving around. The layout would consist of an elevated floor - with a ramp leading up to it on one side and a lift on the other. The left of it would be free, while the right side would have boxes and crates stacked, making for slightly uneven terrain. Don't like it? Don't worry, the boxes can be destroyed, and some of them yield items! And even if you don't, someone else will! There's a crane used to move boxes around, so there's usually boxes coming in and getting stacked - or sometimes dropped on the unsuspecting players. Sometimes boxes are taken away by the cranes as well, so you can get carried away quickly if you're standing on one. Once in a while a crane carrying a massive shipping container will slide horizontally right through the stage, taking out crates and fighters alike. And when the layout gets too weird, a wrecking ball will come through the background and take out the crates, resetting the stage. (Both the container and the wrecking ball will cross through the background, with employees looking at them scared and running away, so fighters are warned)

Speaking of the employees, they'll be an active part of the stage as well. The two distinct types that have a chance to spawn are the chair guy and the vacuum guy. The chair guy (an employee sitting in an office chair, propelling himself using a fire extinguisher) will spawn on the left side, shoot up the ramp and crash into the boxes. Ironically, he deals fire damage. Meanwhile, the vacuum guy will show up on the right, being pulled by a vacuum cleaner gone rogue. He follows the terrain and goes up and down walls, so he'll cross the entire stage. He does less damage than the chair guy, but deals a lot of knockback aimed perpendicular to his movement at the point of collision. If the two employees crash into each other (and abysmally low chance) they'll cause a massive explosion. Finally, sometimes an employee shows up in the background and raises or lowers the platform on the right. Rarely it'll get stuck, then spring upwards comically, instantly KOing anyone unfortunate enough to be on it (if you pay attention you'll be able to see the employee pressing a button over and over again, then slamming it before the lift springs up).

The Battlefield and Final Destination versions would have a main platform made of the orangeish material shown in the picture, with crates randomly jutting out of it so it's more interesting visually. For the Battlefield version's platforms, they'd be like the blue platforms.

Now, why have a stage from Good Job! in Smash? For one, I think it's a really interesting location to have a stage set. We don't really have office or factory stages beyond Wrecking Crew and I guess Mario Bros. Second, the chaotic nature of Good Job! matches well with Smash, it would feel like the fighters are sabotaging the company and the employees are sabotaging the fight. Third, it makes sense that a new Smash game would highlight the games that came out between the last one and the current one (something I felt was sorely missing in Ultimate), and this game makes as much sense as any other post-2018 Nintendo game. Fourth, as much as I try to I probably won't be able to convince anyone to add the Boss's Son as a fighter, so it's not like we'd be taking a contender out of competition. Fifth, and I hope I managed to convey this, but Good Job! is a funny game, and I'd love to get a funny stage. We get a lot of cool and epic locations for duels, a lot of generic, happy-go-lucky level 1 stages, and a lot of stunning vista stages, but I want one that you can have a chuckle at while you're playing. Funny hard hat stickmen doing shenanigans would do the trick, I think.

*As far as I know the company in the game doesn't have a name, so the stage could be called anything really. Alternate names could be The Office or the Box Floor or Factory or Good Job Inc. or anything they chose to name the company.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 66
(Gonna go with third party.)
Mercy Hospital (Left 4 Dead)
Hospital 2.jpg

Hailing from one of Valve's popular games on PC/Xbox and that is Left 4 Dead. Here you can see the rooftop of Mercy Hospital where the fight takes place which is overrun by the Infected.

You would fight on the helipad and walkway as well jumping from structures, you can go into the blast zone if you fall off the building or either launched.
(The news helicopter that rescued the Survivors in the original game would make a cameo flying around the stage.)

Stage Hazards
Stage Hazard 1: Common Infected
Hordes1280-x-1024 (1).jpg

"Contrary to popular belief, the Common Infected are not "undead zombies", but mutants. Common Infected hair and skin pigmentation are usually very low, resulting in pale grey skin. Lesser Infected may also have pale hair, though some female Common Infected have dark, blond, or red hair. Common Infected come in a variety of appearances of both genders, such as patients, nurses, construction workers, military personnel, and airport staff, the differences being solely cosmetic as long as the Infected are not Uncommon Infected."
In this stage, they come in groups wandering around or either running at you. They can attack and overwhelm the fighters, thankfully these smelly things are easy to defeat.
But if you see this pop up: (Words with exclamation mark)
Elevator.jpg

You will hear some screams which means a horde of them will come charging onto the stage and start attacking you from all sides which will make the fight harder and more intense.

Stage Hazard 2: Special Infected
Specials.jpg

"The Special Infected are the mutated variants of Common Infected. Through some unknown mechanism of the Green Flu, a small percentage of Infected humans will undergo a dramatic mutation, eventually turning into one of these Special Infected, each with their own unique inhuman abilities. They don't spawn as regularly as the Common Infected do, but their abilities can easily wipe out a team of Survivors if not dealt with quickly, making them the true teamwork testers of the Left 4 Dead games."

These mutant abominations will appear on the stage to attack you and your opponents, those being:
  • Boomer - Vomits on the fighters and if hit, he will explode sending bile on fighters attracting Common Infected.
  • Smoker - Attacks by using his long tongue to wrap around an opponent and drag them in.
  • Hunter - Leaps around very fast, he will push the opponent on the ground and slash at them with his claws.
  • Tank - Punches opponents as well can rip concrete out of the ground and throw it at them.
  • Jockey - Laughs manically and leaps onto fighters making them stumble around.
  • Spitter - Spits a glob of acid at the fighters leaving pools of dangerous acid which deals damage.
  • Charger - Charges at the opponent, if caught he will smash them into the ground.
  • Witch - Wanders around sobbing and crying, if you hit her she will go ballistic and rush at you.
Also, in the background you would see the survivors (Bill, Louis, Francis, Zoey, Nick, Coach, Ellis and Rochelle) fighting off the Infected which adds a bit of detail and cameos.

Why something like Left 4 Dead in Smash?
Left 4 Dead is one of the most iconic games on PC as well Xbox made by Valve who did Half Life, Portal and Team Fortress. Plus, it would be pretty fun fighting each other on top of an overrun hospital while taking on the Infected themselves don't you think?
(And yes, L4D is getting a successor which is Back 4 Blood coming out soon.)

Edit: Apparently, this doesn't have connection to Nintendo. But thankfully there will be a job where we get to add stages from games which haven't been on a Nintendo system.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job 66
View attachment 306377
Hailing from one of Valve's popular games on PC/Xbox and that is Left 4 Dead. Here you can see the rooftop of Mercy Hospital where the fight takes place which is overrun by the Infected.

You would fight on the helipad and walkway as well jumping from structures, you can go into the blast zone if you fall off the building or either launched.
(The news helicopter that rescued the Survivors in the original game would make a cameo flying around the stage.)

Stage Hazards
View attachment 306378

"Contrary to popular belief, the Common Infected are not "undead zombies", but mutants. Common Infected hair and skin pigmentation are usually very low, resulting in pale grey skin. Lesser Infected may also have pale hair, though some female Common Infected have dark, blond, or red hair. Common Infected come in a variety of appearances of both genders, such as patients, nurses, construction workers, military personnel, and airport staff, the differences being solely cosmetic as long as the Infected are not Uncommon Infected."
In this stage, they come in groups wandering around or either running at you. They can attack and overwhelm the fighters, thankfully these smelly things are easy to defeat.
View attachment 306379
You will hear some screams which means a horde of them will come charging onto the stage and start attacking you from all sides which will make the fight harder and more intense.

View attachment 306380

"The Special Infected are the mutated variants of Common Infected. Through some unknown mechanism of the Green Flu, a small percentage of Infected humans will undergo a dramatic mutation, eventually turning into one of these Special Infected, each with their own unique inhuman abilities. They don't spawn as regularly as the Common Infected do, but their abilities can easily wipe out a team of Survivors if not dealt with quickly, making them the true teamwork testers of the Left 4 Dead games."

These mutant abominations will appear on the stage to attack you and your opponents, those being:
  • Boomer - Vomits on the fighters and if hit, he will explode sending bile on fighters attracting Common Infected.
  • Smoker - Attacks by using his long tongue to wrap around an opponent and drag them in.
  • Hunter - Leaps around very fast, he will push the opponent on the ground and slash at them with his claws.
  • Tank - Punches opponents as well can rip concrete out of the ground and throw it at them.
  • Spitter - Spits a glob of acid at the fighters leaving pools of dangerous acid which deals damage.
  • Charger - Charges at the opponent, if caught he will smash them into the ground.
  • Witch - Wanders around sobbing and crying, if you hit her she will go ballistic and rush at you.
Also, in the background you would see the survivors (Bill, Louis, Francis, Zoey, Nick, Coach, Ellis and Rochelle) fighting off the Infected which adds a bit of detail and cameos.

Left 4 Dead is one of the most iconic games on PC as well Xbox made by Valve who did Half Life, Portal and Team Fortress. Plus, it would be pretty fun fighting each other on top of an overrun hospital while taking on the Infected themselves don't you think?
Unless I’m missing something, Left 4 Dead has never been on a Nintendo system nor does it have any history with Nintendo thus It doesn’t fit the criteria. Valve also isn’t involved with the game. Yet...

It’s still a great idea and I love the idea of L4D content but the criteria that I put forth about third party stages is to avoid submissions that currently wouldn’t make any sense.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 66
View attachment 306377

Stage Hazards
View attachment 306378

View attachment 306379

View attachment 306380

I don’t think Left 4 Dead’s been on a Nintendo system. (Not does Valve have anything currently in Smash).

Edit::ultgreninja:’d

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know, sorry about that.
I wasn’t entirely clear on the details when I first put the job out so it’s also on me. I love the idea and L4D content would be amazing but I can’t rationalize including stages that doesn’t have a history with Nintendo haphazardly. That being said, please keep this on hand as we may do a job where we include content such as this.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I wasn’t entirely clear on the details when I first put the job out so it’s also on me. I love the idea and L4D content would be amazing but I can’t rationalize including stages that doesn’t have a history with Nintendo haphazardly. That being said, please keep this on hand as we may do a job where we include content such as this.
Thanks, might save it for a job like this later on.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Ooooh I really like this job and I might attempt submitting something later. Though first of all, my votes for Stage Builder.
  • Custom Playlist - Cheese Anton
  • Every Backdrop is Here - PeriodotGX
  • Logic - Cashregister9

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Non-fighter Stage
Momotaro Land (Momotaro Densetsu)
Screenshot_2021-03-08-13-49-17-00.jpg

Momotaro Densetsu is a long running Japan-Only series develop by Konami and was released on Famicom in the year 1988 on Famicom all the way to 2020 with the release of Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa Mo Teiban! On Nintendo Switch. The game itself is essentially a board game style video game similar to Monopoly with a few unique charm where you have to go around the board (often based on Japan) through transportation like trains and airplane to invest on properties and business transaction to earn wealth, again similar to Monopoly. This game predates Mario Party and basically the first party and board game.

The series itself is pretty famous in Japan to the point of them opening up a restaurant near some train station and creating a virtual online mystery game in collaboration with Okayama City as a promotional marketing. The recent entry in the series is also the best selling Switch game in Japan even beating out Age of Calamity and New Horizons, so it's safe to say that the series has it's place in Super Smash Bros.
For the stage I'm choosing Momotaro Land which is one of the places you could buy and is by far the most expensive property that you could buy and is named and themed after the titular mascot, Momotaro and has been a staple for the series. This is a traveling stage where you ride around a train, your main transportation modeled around the recent game and work similarly to the Spirit Tracks stage but you fight inside the train which is a Smash original. This is also the case with the overall look for the stage, the train movement will similarly emulate what it did in the actual gameplay.

The stage itself started on the train station that the player see countless times before departing a few minutes later, during certain point you will be dropped of on random places throughout the park like the castle, Ferris Wheel, and a Roller Coaster ride just to name a few.
455526.jpg

There's also a stage hazard in the form of gigantic demon that will wreck havoc which occur everytime after a news flash happened from Momotaro himself and the others which will be displayed similar to stages like Spiral Mountain and Garreg Mach in which a sign appeared for a brief period of time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom