• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey guys, I removed the poll because I feel this is perhaps a better way to vote for it.

WHEN SUBMITTING A MOVESET, PLEASE INDICIATE IF YOUR MOVESET IS BEST SUITED FOR A 2D OR 3D MODEL

cashregister9 cashregister9 , you submitted a moveset before I made this ruling. Could you perhaps edit in which type of model your moveset is best suited for?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I removed the poll because I feel this is perhaps a better way to vote for it.

WHEN SUBMITTING A MOVESET, PLEASE INDICIATE IF YOUR MOVESET IS BEST SUITED FOR A 2D OR 3D MODEL

cashregister9 cashregister9 , you submitted a moveset before I made this ruling. Could you perhaps edit in which type of model your moveset is best suited for?
I actually had it in the first place, It was a bit buried though I will make it more obvious.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I actually had it in the first place, It was a bit buried though I will make it more obvious.
Much appreciated.

I’m going to work on a moveset as well within the day that focuses on a mixture of summoning, substitution, and using items from RH. Some of the RH characters are summoned while others simply replace Barista plus using some of the items found in the game.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I'm going to sit this one out for the same reasons I did before. With all the debate though I'm excited to see what we come up with here

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu I messaged you on discord but never got a response. We don’t have a Final Smash for Stylist and, since your moveset was chosen, could you provide one? If not, I can. I ran into this issue while working on the Stylist character page on our wiki

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job 61: Barista Moveset

Barista stands just a little smalldf but significantly shorter in length than Dunk Hunt. He possess mediocre speed and damage output but can further increase his damage by utilizing Rhythm Beats. These are special command inputs during an attack that will either deal more damage, launch, or additional effects.

Barista utilized a 2D model along with any summoned elements.

Standard Attacks

Neutral Attack - Bark:
Barista barks. Inputting a second time produces a louder bark and a third time dies the largest bark. It has a wide hitbix around Barista.
Dash - Flipper-Flop: Barista transforms into the seal from Flipper-Flop and rool’s forward. It’s a longer roll than usual and has unique hitboxes. The seal’s flipper hitboxes do slightly more base damage.
Forward Tilt - Tambourine: Barista smacks the opponent while holding a tambourine in its mouth. Short range.)
Down Tilt - Blue Birds: A long down tilt. Barista quickly transforms into a Blue Bird who then pecks downward at an angle.
Up Tilt - Working Dough: The doughy...creature..thing appears and pops up where Barista is. It has a slight disjointed hit box as it travels upwards, roughly one and ½ model Barista model upwards. It then came vanishes.

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash - Figure Fighter:
Barista transforms into the Figurine Fighter. Inputting a secondary attack button according to the Conductor’s rhythm causes the figurine fighter to “buff up” which increases the output of the next attack if timed well. It can deal up to three punches per use.
Up Smash - Launch Party: A block that counts down from 10 launches. Holding the charge increases the length of the Rocket that flies up. The longer you charge it, the more damage it desks and further it travels. Inputting the attack right at the Rhythm Beat causes a larger explosion.
Down Smash -Sneaky Spirits: Barista releases a single Sneaky Spirit. The longer you charge it, the longer the spirit will travel forward. It will move along the ground in a fashion similar to its appearance in Smash Run. Hitting the Rhythm Beat as soon as the Spirit pops up, the more damage it does.

Aerials

Neutral Aerial - Dog Ninja: Barista throws a fruit, peach, or onion. The item will do minimal damage by itself but hitting the Rhythm Beat by inputting the attack button again shortly after will “cut the fruit”.
Forward Aerial - Air Rally: Barista slaps a tennis racket forward while holding it in its mouth.
Back Aerial - Love Lab: Barista pulls out a beaker full of love potion and shakes it. This attack itself has a hitbix but does the hearts that float up also do as well. On its own, it dies only one heart but hitting it on the Rhythm Beat produces four hearts; each with a hitbox.
Up Aerial - Shoot ‘Em Up: Barista summons one of the aliens from Shoot ‘Em Up. Each alien that appears is different and cycles between six varieties. The alien will vanish after dealing damage by exploding when connected to the Rhythm Beat. Otherwise, it just disappears.
Down Aerial - Fork Lifter: Barista transforms into a giant fork and does a stall-and-fall to the ground. Even the pea is connected to the fork. Inputting the attack button on the Rhythm Beat as it descends down will cause a meteor smash/spike. Inputting it right when it makes contact on the ground can bury the opponent.

Throws
Grab - Select Menu:
Barista throws out a Select Menu which will grab a hold of the opponent upon contact. The cursor will be centered on “Pause” during this time.
Pummel - Select: The Select cursor will whack the opponent as it moves up and down with each pummel.
Forward throw - Sumo Brothers: One of the Sumo Brothers comes out and does a sumo stomp which launches the opponent. Inputting the Rhythm Beat can bury them.
Back throw - Bossa Nova: The Bossa Novians punts the opponent upwards like a volleyball.
Up throw See-Saw: Barista summons a seasaw and jumps on it which launches the opponent upwards.
Down throw - Crop Stomp: Varusta summons the Crop Stomp Farmer. He stomps down which will launch opponents. Inputting it on the Rhythm Beat will initiate a second attack which catches the initially stomped opponent and further launches them upwards. This is also capable of unburying opponents and launching.

Floor attack - Board Meeting: Barista spins quickly on a spawned swivel chair that’s rather close to the ground. It does give full rotations.
Ledge attack - Tambourine: Whacka the opponent with the tambourine...again.

Specials

Neutral special - Conductor:
The Conductor is utilized in a way similar to Pokémon Trainer as well as Steve’s Crafting Table. The Conductor produces something called a Rhythm Beat. This dictates just how much extra damage the player can get through timed button inputs. It’s possible to see an i coming beat based on the Conductor’s movements plus an ! Mark near Barista’s HUD portrait. The visual cues for the beat is sound/beat/clash mark near the profile plus above the character’s model. Inputting the Special button will change the type of Rhythm. There’s:
  • Easy (slow)
  • Medium
    [*]Hard
    [*]Fever (extremely fast)
The default is Easy and has a .5x damage multiplier doing a timed input. Medium is a 1.2x, Hard is a 1.6x and Fever is a 2.3x. It’s extremely hard to land fully successful inputs on Fever while it’s almost child’s plain easy. You can change Rhythm once per stock or three times in a Stamina Match. Conductor shares the same level area as the Pokémon Trainer.

Side special - Built-to-Scale: Barista summons the mechanical appendage from a Built-to-Scale which has two properties: the mechanical appendage for any damage but it has a higher rate of knockback -especially when timed with a Rhythm Beat. This attack also causes a tie to shoot out which also serves as a projectile. This will deal damage based on how the timing was upon the projectile’s impact with the opponent.

Up Special - Micro-row: Barista transforms into Micro-row which allows Barista to move forward in the air. The micro-owns will push forward three times. Barista can dictate where they go by tilting the control stick before the push. Inputting the Rhythm Beat with each push further exhales the travel distance, knockback, and damage.

Down Special - Ringside: Barista summons the Wrestler and Reporter. The Reporter will thrash a microphone to the wrestler who will flex. If an attack catches this, the Wrestler will pose which will launch the opponent. Performing a successful Rhythm Beat will cause the Wrestler to flex and cause a flash photograph effect. This timed input attack Durant only acts as a counter but also can stun nearby opponents with the flashes.

Final Smash - Mega Mix: Bsrisra will fly forward while on Airboarder. This traps the opponent in a cinematic Final Smashes. This shows a montage of six rhythm games in quick succession that will deal damage to the opponent:
  1. opponents get trampled and “beaten on” while in the middle of Lockstrap.
  2. The Samurai Slicer will slice apart demons as they leave the portal which also includes Barista.
  3. Opponents gets tapped on while in Tap Trial.
  4. Cheer Readers will constantly change their signs.
  5. Karate Joe punches the opponent several times while hurling pots and such.
  6. The Double Date boy punts and kainches the opponent.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu I messaged you on discord but never got a response. We don’t have a Final Smash for Stylist and, since your moveset was chosen, could you provide one? If not, I can. I ran into this issue while working on the Stylist character page on our wiki

I apologize. I opened the message and intended to respond but never did, unfortunately. I'll get that to you later today.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I presume that for the "Other" spot, if we end up adding a new series rep in the future that already has music in that slot, all the tracks would get moved to that category?

Like for example, if we had added 3 Rhythm Heaven songs to Other, but then we eventually voted in a Rhythm Heaven Newcomer, how would we handle those 3 Rhythm Heaven songs already in the Other category?
Well, looks like this came true. And Rhythm Heaven happened to be the first series to for this to happen to no less. (Although its four songs in the Other category, not three).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Considering all except two of the new Yoshi songs are Bowser-related could we please have those moved to the Mario music list so they can have a fitting stage, like the Melee Athletic theme being on the Yoshi music list for Melee Yoshi's Island? or some other similar solution? (Perhaps having all Mario spin-offs treated as one series?)

D

Deleted member

Considering all except two of the new Yoshi songs are Bowser-related could we please have those moved to the Mario music list so they can have a fitting stage, like the Melee Athletic theme being on the Yoshi music list for Melee Yoshi's Island? or some other similar solution? (Perhaps having all Mario spin-offs treated as one series?)
wouldn't it makes sense for the song from a yoshi game, to be with all the other songs from a yoshi game

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
They're all Bowser related but it's still originates from the Yoshi games. And their technically Baby Bowser related, who is much more associated with Yoshi games than Mario games.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
wouldn't it makes sense for the song from a yoshi game, to be with all the other songs from a yoshi game
They're all Bowser related but it's still originates from the Yoshi games. And their technically Baby Bowser related, who is much more associated with Yoshi games than Mario games.
Yeah, but they don't fit the Yoshi stages. They do fit the Bowser's Castle stage, which is on the Mario list.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Sorry I'm getting this to you so late!
When activated, a curtain will be thrown up in front of Stylist, however this time it is much larger and is her FS activation box. The player closest to Stylist before the curtain was thrown up will be launched into the cutscene, and all other players hit by the curtain will be launched by a semi-strong hit that does 20% and kills Mario from the center of Final Destination at 100%.
Cutscene: We see a first person view of the opponent, as Stylist brushes, irons, and curls their hair, shines their shoes, holds up dresses, etc. She moves extremely fast while doing this, inhumanly fast-as if it's some kind of time lapse video. After a few seconds, Stylist swings the chair around, and the camera changes perspective to a third-person view of Stylist and the opponent-who is now sporting the same outfit and hairstyle as Stylist! They'll look a bit surprised on their predicament. The cutscene ends and they are launched offstage (if they have enough damage done to them).

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I like contrast too, but given the YI Bowser theme is one of his most iconic themes it feels like a bit of a shame to keep it locked to Yoshi's stages instead of Bowser's Castle.
We can allow for an exception for the Yoshi’s Tracks that pertains to Bowser’s Castle so that they can be played on both Yoshi series stages as well as the stage, Bowser’s Castle.

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Sorry I'm getting this to you so late!
When activated, a curtain will be thrown up in front of Stylist, however this time it is much larger and is her FS activation box. The player closest to Stylist before the curtain was thrown up will be launched into the cutscene, and all other players hit by the curtain will be launched by a semi-strong hit that does 20% and kills Mario from the center of Final Destination at 100%.
Cutscene: We see a first person view of the opponent, as Stylist brushes, irons, and curls their hair, shines their shoes, holds up dresses, etc. She moves extremely fast while doing this, inhumanly fast-as if it's some kind of time lapse video. After a few seconds, Stylist swings the chair around, and the camera changes perspective to a third-person view of Stylist and the opponent-who is now sporting the same outfit and hairstyle as Stylist! They'll look a bit surprised on their predicament. The cutscene ends and they are launched offstage (if they have enough damage done to them).
Great! Quick question though: what’s the name?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thanks!

As for Barista, we will keep moveset submissions open for another 24 hours. I would like to try and get one more submitted before we do so - especially one from Commander_Alph Commander_Alph since they made original submission. Feel free to make it purely a summoning only fighter, a mix of different playstyles, one that incorporates various items from the series, or one that is mostly focused on rhythm and/or timed inputs. We currently have two movesets put forth.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Thanks!

As for Barista, we will keep moveset submissions open for another 24 hours. I would like to try and get one more submitted before we do so - especially one from Commander_Alph Commander_Alph since they made original submission. Feel free to make it purely a summoning only fighter, a mix of different playstyles, one that incorporates various items from the series, or one that is mostly focused on rhythm and/or timed inputs. We currently have two movesets put forth.
Ah sorry if I'm being a slowpoke but I've got some stuff to do including an assignment, I do still coming up with a moveset once in a while but idk if I have enough time.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ah sorry if I'm being a slowpoke but I've got some stuff to do including an assignment, I do still coming up with a moveset once in a while but idk if I have enough time.
Even just a general set of Specials plus a Final Smash would be perfectly fine. If it gets the most votes, we can then add in the standard attacks from other movesets :)

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Fighter #89: Barista
Barista is a summon based character, who summons a character from a mini game in almost every single one of its attacks. We don't really see Barista do anything in rhythm Heaven, so any moves that Barista solely does would be a smash original, and therefore a missed opportunity to represent another mini game. I also think it represents the game well, as the game can't only be represented by one mini game, and is best represented by as many mini games as possible.

The Rhythm Mechanic is one that is a must have for any RH rep, but is quite hard to thing of one that would work well in a Smash Game. There are quite a few possibilities for how to handle it, quite a few of the popular ones don't work very well in a Smash context imo. Anything with a Tempo click in the background would interfere with the bgm, and to be frank any mechanic that involves attacking to the same beat for every move would lead to a lot of predictability and would make for relatively static gameplay.

The rhythm Mechanic I decided on, is one mentioned earlier by Honest Slug Honest Slug , a second press of the attack button to have an increased damage and knock back, similar to how it works in Super Mario RPG. My goal was to either add an additional effect, and/or an animation change to every move if the second press was pressed in time. The time when to press the button for the second time is different for each move, but is the same every time that move is used. For example the second button press for A forward Smash has a different timing for the second button press of a jab, but the timing for the jab and forward smash is the same across every match. With that out of the way lets get into the moveset.

Also with this moveset Barista would be 3D, just because I don't think that any other fighter besides Game & Watch could work in 2D unless they have similarly janky and choppy animations.

Jab - Figure Fighter:
Given that the minigame calls out jab with the beat, I think this is the best move for the jab. When Summoned Barista will push a small button on the ground as if he were inflating the Figure Fighter. If A is pressed once, Figure Fighter will send out one punch, However if Jab is held down, he will do two left punches, followed by a right punch. If the A button is pressed individually for all three punches, the third punch will change animations to the animation done when a punching bag is broken in rhythm heaven, and the opponent will be sent further.

Dash Attack - Wandering Samurai:
When a Dash Attack is performed, The wandering Samurai will appear behind the Barista, and will perform a multi hit slash with a finisher similar to Luigi’s. If the A button is pressed at the end of the multi hit, the Wandering Samurai’s finishing hit will have increased knockback. If the extra A press is missed, then the Wandering Samurai will finish with a standard slash like he uses when slicing one demon, but if the A press is successful, then He will finish with the same slice that he finishes slicing multiple demons with. The Barista will dive into the ground as this is happening.

Forward Tilt - Shrimp Shuffle:
For Barista’s Forward Tilt, a shrimp will be launched forward (similar to Olimar’s Forward Smash, but with less range), like they do on the count “3” of shrimp shuffle. If A is pressed when the shrimp finishes traveling, Increased knockback will be dealt, signified by the Shrimp bowing before it despawns. The Barista will point one of its forelegs out, similar to Olimar’s animation as this is happening.

Up Tilt - Flock Step:
For Barista’s Up Tilt, a Huebird will appear squatting underneath the Barista, and Will Stretch out to full height, with the Barista on top of the Huebird’s head. If at the peak of the move the A button is pressed again, then the Barista will kick upwards with its hind legs, extending the move’s range and increasing its knockback.

Down Tilt - Crop Stomp:
For Barista’s Down Tilt, the farmer from Crop Stomp will appear behind the Barista and stomp his foot down, which will spike the opponent. If the A button is pressed again when his foot lands on the floor, then the Crop Stomper will swing his arms up, sending the opponent straight up, with relatively high kill power. If the A button press is missed, then he will simply despawn. The spike effect has the same low knockback regardless of percent so that the combo will always work, but if the opponent is in the air, it will scale with percent, that way opponents can be spiked off the ledge like with Luigi’s down taunt. Barista will bounce into the air slightly when this move is used, similar to how the vegetables are sent flying in this minigame.

Roll - Flipper
Barista Will transform into a baby seal and roll away.

Spotdodge - Cat Spin
Barista will spin in place like the cartoony tasmanian devil, referencing the cap sin from the Kitties! minigame.

Neutral Aerial - Tambourine
A Monkey will appear on the back of Barista Holding a Tambourine. The Monkey will shake the Tambourine creating a multi hit with music notes similar to Pikachu’s Nair. If the A button is pressed again on the final multi hit, the monkey will slap the Tambourine instead of shaking it, and stars will come out instead of music notes dealing more damage and knockback.

Up Aerial - Cheer reader
The upper half of a cheer reader will appear behind Barista and spin her sign above her in a multi hit before finishing by revealing one of multiple pictures. This attack is similar in function to Dedede’s up Air. If the A button is pressed at the end of the multi hit the final hit will have increased knockback. The cheer reader’s sign will sparkle at the end of the animation if the timing is correct.

Down Aerial - Fork Lifter
A fork will appear, and Barista will ride it downward, acting in a function similar to Toon Link’s dair. If the A button is pressed when the fork comes into contact with the ground, it will bounce back up and land for a second time, burying opponents. This allows for a mix up because the opponent can try to punish the first bounce, or wait for you to do a second bounce.

Forward Aerial - Forthington & Baxter
Forthington or Baxter will appear on top of Barista and Swing his Tennis Racket Down in front of Barista. If the A button is pressed again when the swing is finished, then the racket will swing back up, and any projectiles will be reflected.

Back Aerial - Dog Ninja
Dog Ninja will appear on top of Barista facing behind Barista. This move will have a lot of start up, and its hitbox will last for a short window, but if B is pressed during this time then the move does increased damage and knockback, being one of the strongest back airs in the game. The animation will change so that the dog ninja slices with both of his blades instead of one if the correct timing is achieved.

Up Smash - See and Saw:
When Up Smash is used, the See Saw will appear, with the center of it being placed behind (in the x direction) the Barista, so that the projectile will fly right over the Barista. When Up Smash is used, See will jump up and land on his side of the See Saw, sending Saw about the length of Villager’s Up Smash above him. If the A Button is pressed while See is at the apex of the jump, See will slam into the board, not only making the move come out faster, but also Sending Saw twice as high. This moves functions as an anti air like Snake’s Up Smash. While this move is happening Barista will duck and cover his eyes, as if he were trying to not be hit by See and Saw.

Down Smash - Power Calligraphy:
When Down Smash is used, A Calligraphy brush will appear behind Barista (in the x direction), and will turn blue before swinging to the front of Barista like a pendulum. If the A button is pressed when the Brush is at the end of the swing, it will swing back in the other direction. Barista will tense up and turn slightly Red when using this attack, like how the hand does in Rhythm Heaven

Forward Smash - Lumbearjack:
When Forward Smash is used, A Cat will appear in front of Barista, and the Lumbearjack will appear behind Barista. The first hit of this attack will be the Cat placing the log down which will bury the opponent. The Lumbearjack will then swing his axe onto the buried opponent. If the A button is pressed when the axe connects with the log, the move will have increased knockback, and this will be signified by the log splitting clean in half. During this animation Barista will be bobbing back and forth like the cats do in Rhythm Heaven.

Grab & Pummel - Munchy Monk:
The Munchy Monk will appear and grab the opponent. The Monk will slap the opponent for the pummel. The pummel will step up the beat, and if the throw is performed in time with the pummels, then the throws will have increased knockback and damage.

Forward Throw - Mandrill:
The monk will transform into Mandrill and Bowl the opponent straight Forward, killing pretty early. If the Throw is timed with the pummels, then the Pink Mandrill found in hole in one two will come out instead.

Back throw - Frog:
The monk will transform into the frog, and spin the opponent behind him, looking and killing similarly to Mario’s back throw. If the Throw is timed with the pummel the lead blue frog will come out instead.

Up Throw - Dough Dudes:
The Monk will transform into the Dough Dudes, and the opponent will be bounced upward by the top Dough Dude. This doesn’t have high kill power, but sets up for early combos. If the throw is timed with the pummels, then The second bigger dough dude will bounce up as well.

Down Throw - Tap Trial:
The Monk will transform into Rhythm Girl and she will tap three times on the opponent before they are sent flying, similar to Kirby and Meta Knight’s Down Throw. If the throw is timed with the pummels, then two monkeys will appear along side her and tap.

Neutral Special - Packing Pests:
Barista will lob either a spider or a candy from its mouth towards the opponent. The candys will bounce once before despawning, and the spiders will crawl and do weak damage after landing before they despawn. If the B button is pressed before the projectile lands, it will be swatting down in mid air, starting the second bounce of the candy early, or starting the crawl phase of the spider. After the spider or candy has hit the ground for the first time, another press of the B Button will simply spawn another candy. If the B button is pressed at the apex of the lob, the candy and spider will spike on their way down.

Side Special - Karate Joe:
Barista will chuck a flower pot forward from its mouth, similar to duck hunt’s Side special, but faster and travelling further. Side B will be held for this move, and when it is released Karate Joe will appear wherever the Flower Pot was, and perform a Punch. If The Karate Punch connects with an opponent, a Karate combo will be performed, and if The B Button is pressed when the uppercut connects, it will have increased kickback, and Karate Joe will smile at the camera before despawning. The Flower Pot will do small damage if it connects with the opponent, but Karate Joe is not spawned. Karate Joe will not spawn if the flower pot hits the ground before The B button is released. During Karate Joe’s Karate Combo, Barista will stand on it’s hind legs and wave its arms in the air. This will have a tiny weak hitbox on it, similar to how Greninja’s taunt does very little damage.

Down Special - Chorus Kids:
The Chorus Kids will appear in a stack behind the Barista, and will sing (scream?) a pulsing note. This will have a visual effect similar to jigglypuffs, where there is a circle of notes around the Chorus Kids. In function this will be similar to Charizard’s and Bowser’s Flames, dealing multiple small hits of damage, with the radius of the scream getting smaller and smaller the longer the note is held. If the B Button is released on one of the Chorus Kid’s pulses then there will be a strong final hit instead of the move just ending. Barista will be singing with its mouth open during this, but will not add to the damage or hitbox.

Up Special - Launch Party:
Barista will take the place of the rocket ship from the Launch Party Mini Game. A box will spawn underneath Barista, and a 1,3,5, or 7 will appear. If the B Button is pressed when the number hits 0, then Barista will be launched upward, but not put into free fall, similar to mega man and sonis’s recovery moves. There is a hitbox on this move, but it is not very strong. If the B Button is missed, then the Barista will not travel very far, only About the Vertical distance of Dr. Mario’s recovery. Barista will be launched from the box in the position of the jump from Night Walk.

Final Smash - Ringside Reporter
The Reporter will appear, and a camera flash will appear beside her, and any opponents caught in the flash will be sent to a cutscene. The ringside reporter minigame will play for a couple seconds, before ending in a final flash and zooming out to see the opponent pictured against the screen on a newspaper. The better score you get while in the minigame portion, the more damage and knockback will be dealt to the opponent.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Despite me being the submitter of the Barista I kinda feel like I already satisfied with everyone take on his moveset but I'm still iffy with the gimmick so I submit one myself

I envisioned Barista to be the lightest character in the roster despite being similar to Duck Hunt, to cover this up most of his move has him reference the various minigame in the series by calling upon a specific character and object besides him into the battlefield. Of course to keep this aesthetic all the summoned character will be all 2D while Barista and the summoned object will be 3D just like the rest of the fighter.

Barista will have a gimmick and as you all know involved timing your attack to the beat of the music, considering he is a base game character I want the gimmick to be simple and effective, rather than treating this as something like a Mario RPG game and to avoid predictability my gimmick can be used anytime you want as long as you time it right with the tempo without doing a string of combo forcing your opponent to read the rhythm to anticipate your attack, this in turn will trigger a sweet spot on all of Barista's attack, when you landed this sweet spot play a special sound effect but if you can't or just don't bother syncing to beat at all your damage is still pretty average. On the top left of the Barista's character UI appear a P icon that will bounce around bopping to the current music which help timing your attack where it would shine if you do it successfully

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I really have no stake or knowledge in this matter so I'm just sitting back and taking notes. I do like the idea of Barista only taking out various objects to fight rather than being a summoning character, though.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Despite me being the submitter of the Barista I kinda feel like I already satisfied with everyone take on his moveset but I'm still iffy with the gimmick so I submit one myself

I envisioned Barista to be the lightest character in the roster despite being similar to Duck Hunt, to cover this up most of his move has him reference the various minigame in the series by calling upon a specific character and object besides him into the battlefield. Of course to keep this aesthetic all the summoned character will be all 2D while Barista and the summoned object will be 3D just like the rest of the fighter.

Barista will have a gimmick and as you all know involved timing your attack to the beat of the music, considering he is a base game character I want the gimmick to be simple and effective, rather than treating this as something like a Mario RPG game and to avoid predictability my gimmick can be used anytime you want as long as you time it right with the tempo without doing a string of combo forcing your opponent to read the rhythm to anticipate your attack, this in turn will trigger a sweet spot on all of Barista's attack, when you landed this sweet spot play a special sound effect but if you can't or just don't bother syncing to beat at all your damage is still pretty average. On the top left of the Barista's character UI appear a P icon that will bounce around bopping to the current music which help timing your attack where it would shine if you do it successfully
Looks good! I’ll be adding this into our voting submissions as a special voting prompt to see if people are interested including this gimmick along with the best winning moveset.

I’ll still be waiting for movesets to come in but we will be progressing forward with our next prompt in about six hours. We will begin the voting phase on a lift 15 hours. Thank you to everyone who submitted movesets!

Also, we have made great strives in the wiki so please check it out!

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
This is totally my own speculation, but I feel like Spring Man and Rex are all but confirmed for Smash 7 due to what I'll call "The Chrom Effect".
I also think that any character that got a Deluxe Mii Costume is also very likely, especially Bomberman.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
This is totally my own speculation, but I feel like Spring Man and Rex are all but confirmed for Smash 7 due to what I'll call "The Chrom Effect".
I also think that any character that got a Deluxe Mii Costume is also very likely, especially Bomberman.
Too late, we already bloated with too many 1st party character currently and it'll be pretty much exhausting for us to make another moveset for 2 character when we already trying our hardest to work on Barista's moveset not to mention this "Chrom effect" only happen once and he's particularly an echo, Spring Man is just vanilla Min Min so it's useless to have him cause we already know he will have the same mechanic as her and idk if Rex will represent Xenoblade 2 much better than Pyra since it's all about Blade and Driver and Pyra is her own fighter.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Too late, we already bloated with too many 1st party character currently
...How is the inclusion of more Nintendo characters bloating a Nintendo game's roster? How can there even be too many first-parties?

It's fine if you just think it's time we got another third-party newcomer in here, but.......what?

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Too late, we already bloated with too many 1st party character currently and it'll be pretty much exhausting for us to make another moveset for 2 character when we already trying our hardest to work on Barista's moveset not to mention this "Chrom effect" only happen once and he's particularly an echo, Spring Man is just vanilla Min Min so it's useless to have him cause we already know he will have the same mechanic as her and idk if Rex will represent Xenoblade 2 much better than Pyra since it's all about Blade and Driver and Pyra is her own fighter.
While I do believe Spring Man has very little to offer for new moveset potential, it is still too early to dismiss him considering that he does have several mechanics unique to him. There is also the chance we may have a prompt similar to before where we are allowed to make more creative liberties. I don't know too much about Rex, but he may have some things still not represented with Pyra/Mythra (watch this come back to haunt me on the 4th). I may be biased, but the roster is absolutely not bloated with first party characters when the game is developed by Nintendo and using Nintendo characters costs less and advertises their own IPs more.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
...How is the inclusion of more Nintendo characters bloating a Nintendo game's roster?

It's fine if you just think it's time we got another third-party newcomer in here, but.......what?
I mean we usually do this through voting, I'm just saying it's pretty unfair that they got the spot by default is what I meant and I'm saying this because that would screw up the whole plan. This also apply to Bomberman btw forgot to tell you that because now everyone misinterpreted my idea. Don't know if Venus already think about this sooner since next schedule is E3.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I believe Spring Man could work as a semi-echo just fine. However in the case of Rex, his gameplay would heavily rely on both having Pyra and Mythra as his Blades. Him being alone doesn't really bring much to the table... Still having him exclusively be in Pyra/Myhtra's taunt and Final Smash is the best way to tackle this imo.

Which makes me think, can we please change Robin's Final Smash? Chrom being both an Echo and being featured in Robin's moveset just doesn't sit right with me lol.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Which makes me think, can we please change Robin's Final Smash? Chrom being both an Echo and being featured in Robin's moveset just doesn't sit right with me lol.
Maybe we could change the character and still have Pair Up as his Final Smash, maybe Tharja or Morgan since they're pretty popular (especially Tharja) which means that it doesn't make sense for Chrom also appearing in Robin's victory animation considering that is heavily supported by him being in the Final Smash.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If this were DLC I'd consider the complaints of "first party bloat" valid, but the main focus of the base roster in every Smash game to date is the first parties with usually only a handful of third parties. Most characters we're gonna be adding rn will likely be of the first party variety.

As for Spring Man, he has completely different abilities and ARMS than Min Min he'd probably be an entirely different character from her, not even semi-clone level. I don't think we should dismiss him just yet, especially given he's still his series mascot.

Rex, yeah he may be a bit redundant now, but never say never.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
personally the idea if Spring Man being added has always felt redundant to me.

adding him after adding a more unique character just feels like a weird move, because most people wouldn't really care because Arms is already in Smash, and adding the bland mascot character wouldn't be that exciting

I'm not saying there aren't people who want Spring Man specifically, but if he's not serving as the primary Arms rep than why is he even here?

I guess if he were a Min Min clone it would be more justifiable, but I'm not even sure he'd work as a Min Min clone

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just to chime in, I have no qualms with people wanting to submit either Rex nor Spring Man. That being said, them getting actual votes or support is another story altogether. Especially in the case of Spring Man as “everyone is returning” so that means Min-Min. Rex could theoretically work but, again, we have Pyra and Mythra so people may not want to use one of our roster spots for Rex.

I mentioned this earlier when the “1st vs 3rd party” debate happened but we will actually be included far more 3rd party characters within the base game than any other Smash game previously.

Ok, so also mentioned early, we will continue to accept moveset proposals fig another 6 hours but, with that being says, we will begin starting new jobs...three total actually!

Job #60: Submit a Rhythm Heaven stage

As per usual with most new franchises, we will be adding a new stage to represent Rhythm Heaven. This stage can be based on anyone of the titles so please get creative! Feel free to add in hazards, cameos, gimmicks, etc. The only rule we have is to please provide a quick explanation on how Omega and Battlefield forms would look. This is essential for Rhythm Heaven

Job #61: Submit a Codename for the Newcomers

This link explains everything you need to know.
Please submit one Codename per character and sign your babe. Unsigned entries will be throw out.

Job #62: Submit a Small Quality of Life Change/TLC to a Character

When Ultimate first was revealed, Sakurai highlighted several changes being made to characters. This included allowing Olimar’s helmet to show cracks, changes to Villager’s HUD to showcase their currently held item, updated to R.O.B’s chassis gauge, and Shulk’s Monado Arts changes. Previously, one of our jobs were to add new mechanics and improvements and a change was submitted which gave Hero icons for his spells. There wasn’t a huge impact to the character but was a good addition that does nothing but help players. That’s what we are aiming at: giving characters a small and minute improvement. Totally moveset revamps or adding additional moves and content like taunts don’t be accepted. Physical changes to a single move or Final Smash will be also accepted but only as long as they don’t interfere or change the gameplay in anyway. Think of it was revealed Greninja could change to Ash-Greninja. Also, the following are ineligible as we already “updated” them.
Mario
Donkey Kong
Samus
Dark Samus
Daisy
Young Link
Ganondorf
Richter
Hero

Job 60 will run for 24 hours and Job 61 will go until each one is filled up. Job 62 will last for 36 hours at most.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 61:
Crash codename "Rival"

Job 62:
Pac-Man Final Smash Upgrade

when Pac-Man activates his Final Smash, the startup animation has been changed to show Pac-Man eating a Power Pellet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom