• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom I think you missed my post.
There’s no way to change votes for this poll. Who do you want to change your Chun-li vote with? Please let me know and I can change the vote. Mii Fighters decinfirming future futures isn’t set in stone. Regardless, unless we don’t get any new votes, we will be heading to a tiebreaker so there’s that.

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , I had an after-though. It would not have been advisable for me to give a summary of why I did or did not vote and commendations for a concept until after everything is resolved would it? The concern, of course, is that other opinions might be swayed, or that someone, knowing their opinion might be swayed, change their decision in spite of it, and so on. Is this a reasonable assumption to be made in the future?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , I had an after-though. It would not have been advisable for me to give a summary of why I did or did not vote and commendations for a concept until after everything is resolved would it? The concern, of course, is that other opinions might be swayed, or that someone, knowing their opinion might be swayed, change their decision in spite of it, and so on. Is this a reasonable assumption to be made in the future?
I don’t think there’s any evidence that it sways votes or what not. The results from voting is usually pretty consistent and I haven’t noticed there being any issues when it comes to voting.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
There’s no way to change votes for this poll. Who do you want to change your Chun-li vote with? Please let me know and I can change the vote. Mii Fighters decinfirming future futures isn’t set in stone. Regardless, unless we don’t get any new votes, we will be heading to a tiebreaker so there’s that.
I'd like to change my Chun-Li and Raiden votes to Rodin and Mother Fairy. The third one can stay as-is.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The poll is set to finish in the next few hours. It looks like we could have to do a tie breaker. The voting for Bandana Dee will finish within 24 hours. While I can’t say which jobs we will be doing after, we will be busy following the Bandana Dee voting so please keep watching the thread. Putting the on Watch will help you keep up to date with notifications.

Just an idea, but Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom are there any plans to give this game a name? I know it seems a little silly, but I think it would be neat if we voted on a name for this make believe smash title. For me personally, the title is one of things I look forward to most when a new game is first revealed.
Yes, I have that planned once we finish our E3 Content.

We have a three way tie between Alucard, Raiden, and Chun-Li. This came about after a last minute change in votes. This probably won’t be something that we will allow in the future so please keep this in mind when casting votes.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #24: Octoling’s Echo Status

What sort of echo should Octoling be?

1. A Ken, Dark Pit, and Chrom-type Echo. This means there are significant differences from base fighter, different moves and final Smash, etc.
2. A Lucina-type Echo where the only differences are stats and minute details.
3. A Daisy and Dark Samus-type Echo where the difference are appearances and effects.
4. A Richter-type Echo which means there aren’t any differences except for taunts and such.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job 24: Octoling's Echo Status

1. If Inkling is to represent Splatoon 1, maybe Octoling should represent Splatoon 2 a little bit.

Just sprinkle a couple of Splatoon 2 weapons into their moveset. Of course, don't need to go all out or that would defy the purpose of an echo, and instead fall into a semi/pseudo-clone sort of tier, but I think you could at least tweak a couple of stuff

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job #24: Octoling's Echo Status

I imagine that the Octolings would work as pseudo-clones to the their original Inkling counterparts, as they'd have a few different moves that utilize the weapon classes found in Splatoon 2, those being the Dualies and and Brellas. So I'm going with the first option as well.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Option 1 is probably the best for Octoling, other than weapons Inkling in Smash is somewhat put much emphasis on Turf Wars and other online mode in Splatoon and I want the Octoling to represent Splatoon Story Mode which is kinda fitting since you have to complete the Octo Expansion to acquire them.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Job 24: What Sort Of Echo Should Octoling Be?
I already outlined my thoughts in my initial proposal for Octoling.
They would use the same attacks and weapon types as Inkling, but use different specific weapons that would affect how they play.
  • Inkbrush -> Octobrush. Slower, but longer reach.
  • Slosher -> Explosher. Slower, but more powerful.
  • Blaster -> Grim Range Blaster. Slower, but longer reach. (Grim was specifically chosen due to how similar the appearances of the default and Range Blasters are.)
  • Splattershot -> Octo Shot. Functionally identical.
  • Splat Roller -> Dynamo Roller. Slower, and doesn't bury opponents, but does more damage and gives super armor during it (though only temporarily).
  • Splat Bomb -> Suction Bomb. Does more damage, but doesn't roll and lingers for longer before exploding.
Their new Final Smash would be Booyah Bomb. Octoling hovers in the air while holding a large ball of ink. A reticle appears on screen (a la Giga Bowser Punch or Lightning Chariot), and when B is hit again or time runs out, the Octoling throws the bomb to that spot, where it explodes in a large, swirling burst.
With multiple altered moves and a completely new Final Smash, this would fit most under option 1, "significant differences."

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Option 1. I like the idea of Echoes having more freedom in their differences, so they can have different normals and such.
Speaking of, I wanna discuss my idea for them that I shared a while ago:
:ultdarksamus:
:GCB:: Dense Charge Shot
:GCL::GCR::GCB:: Turbo Missile
:GCU::GCB:: Screw Rush

:ultdaisy:
:GCB:: Sleepy Toad
:GCL::GCR::GCB:: Flower Bomber

:ultlucina:
:GCB:: Dashing Assault
:GCL::GCR::GCB:: Heavy Blade
:GCU::GCB:: Dolphin Jump
:GCD::GCB:: Iai Counter

:ultchrom:
:GCL::GCR::GCB:: Unyielding Blade
:GCD::GCB:: Paralyzing Counter

:ultdarkpit:
:GCB:: Piercing Bow
:GCD::GCB:: Amplifying Orbitars

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I have a feeling that people are gonna want most echoes to be under option 1. After all, it’s kind of difficult to get hype for a character for them to just be like Richter, who is little more than an alternate costume. That said, I’m going with option 1 too.

It would be silly if the Octolings didn’t have the Octoshot and Octobrush. And I’d want a different final smash for sure, considering that the Killer Wail isn’t even in Splatoon 2.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #24:

Yeah I vote Option 1. Octolings are the ideal Splatoon 2 rep so them using weapons from that game makes sense.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Call this a dumb complaint, but while I'd love each and every echo to be distinct from their original, I'd also prefer this hypothetical game be close to reality, limitations included, and I'm a little worried this game might be becoming a bit too overly ambitious and unrealistic for my tastes idk.

Still voting option 1 for Octoling though.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I have a feeling that people are gonna want most echoes to be under option 1. After all, it’s kind of difficult to get hype for a character for them to just be like Richter, who is literally more than an alternate costume. That said, I’m going with option 1 too.

It would be silly if the Octolings didn’t have the Octoshot and Octobrush. And I’d want a different final smash for sure, considering that the Killer Wail isn’t even in Splatoon 2.
I agree with Golden Icarus Golden Icarus , if it were up to me every echo would be like option 1. Perhaps later down the line when we talk about changes we will be making to existing characters we can also make some adjustments to Richter, Dark Samus, Daisy etc.
I think the reason why echos under the other categories exist is mostly because of the fact that the development team actually has to program them and animate them in the real world. Obviously a hypothetical game like this doesn't require us to spend hundreds of hours on programming and animation and all of the other mumbo jumbo.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Right. That's why for a dream game like this, it's tempting to just want every character to be as unique as possible. I'm still gonna try to be reasonable in the future, but it's gonna be tempting to push for every echo to get the Ken treatment.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I realized I never voted for the moveset. I’m going with Paraster.

The votes are in and SharkLord SharkLord ‘s Bandana Waddle Dee Was the winner!
  1. Perkilator 2
  2. Sharklord 5
  3. Paraster 3
  4. Otoad64 3
  5. JCKirbs 1
  6. Janx_uwu
There were some issues raised in how voting was carried out this time around so I’ll fix those issues the next time around. I’ll be drafting up a Bandana Waddle Dee character profile soon.

It’s also apparent that many want to see the Octolings get the Option 1 treatment which is fine. That being said, we will try to be realistic with our approach to echoes and to delegate them to one of the four categories based on how they are portrayed in their home games instead of constantly going with option 1.

Job #25: Submit an Octoling proposal

We will start working on the Octolings. Like what Paraster posted above, we will begin indicating what changes there are to the Octolings compared to the Inklings. This includes Special Moves. Final Smashes, stats, Classic mode, and misc information like what we did with Isaac and Bandana Dee. Please try to keep the misc information on a separate post since we don’t actually vote on that content.

Also,

We still have open tracks for Golden Sun. Please fill them out as you like.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
ECHO: OCTOLINGS CLAIM THEIR TURF

Octolings Splat Jump onto the battlefield, as Echo Fighters of Inkling. The Octarian society is more militaristic than that of the Inkling, so their changes alter their playstyle to be more aggressive. Instead of using the Splatoon 1 Splattershot for their attacks, they use the Splatoon 2 Dapple Dualies (this is a cosmetic change, however). The rest of their stuff is based on Splatoon 2, as the Inklings are largely based on Splatoon 1.

Property Change: Ink Effect. Unlike Inkling, where knockback is the primary effect of Ink, raw damage is what Octolings get from it. A fully inked opponent takes x2 damage, and it decreases by .1% every 10% the opponent is un-inked (a 90% inked opponent takes x1.9, for example. Everything else is identical).

Down and Back Air: These are largely the same, except they now use ink. This increases their Sweet Spotted damage and knockback (D-air goes to 17%, B-Air goes to 15%) as well as applying ink to opponents. To compensate, it increases endlag on these moves, and if you don’t have any ink and try to do these attacks they do literally nothing.

Neutral Special: Dapple Dualies. Octoling fires forward with both of their Dapple Dualies. As these are two weapons, the damage output is increased (1.5x). Like the dualies in Splatoon 2, Octoling can roll during this attack, which is pretty much a standard roll. To compensate, lag is increased and it decreases Ink at a faster rate.

Side Special: Dynamo Roller. Octoling’s Side Special is an interesting variation on Splat Roller. It moves incredibly slowly, about how much Splat Roller moves inkless. It also uses up ink very fastly. In contrast, it does huge amounts of damage (25%), skips the burying and just kills at high percents, and meteors if done in the air.

Final Smash: Inkjet. The Octoling uses Inkjet, one of the Special Weapons from Splatoon 2. Functionally, it’s almost Identical to Diddy’s old Final Smash, with the Octoling flying around and shooting ink.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #26: Submit a Golden Sun Spirit

We will be including Golden Sun spirits in job 26. This one will basically be “submit as you like” and there won’t be a cap on how many Spirits one user can submit. When submitting a Spirit, please include:
  • Name
  • Game origin
  • Type
  • Class
  • Primary or support
  • If Support, the ability
Please note that Isaac (Dark Dawn), Felix, Jenna, Mia, Garret, Matthew, and Ivan are already present as Spirits.

You can also submit a Spirit Battle to go along with the Spirit. If you noticed a submitted Spirit does not have a Spirit Battle, feel free to make one yourself. Spirit Battles must include:
  • Puppet fighter
  • Stage
  • Music Track (you can find the Golden Sun music here)
  • Match (what kind of match? Stock? Stamina?)
  • Conditions

And feel free to provide an explanation as to any references to the base material.

Job #27: Submit a Gen 1 Poké Ball Pokémon

It was interesting to see Ditto, Abra and Vulpix be included in Ultimate so let’s add one more Gen 1 pokémon. Please include the name, typing, and what it would do.

Also...

Newcomer Submissions will begin in less than 24 hours. In the words of Ike, “Prepare yourself.”

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Psyduck, a water-type Pokémon. This witless sucks pokémon will wander aimlessly and get in people’s way. If hit with enough attacks, it gets angry and released a tremendous psychic blast so watch out! It harms both summoner and foe!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
#27: Gen 1 Pokeball: Machamp (Fighting)
068.png

Once summoned, Machamp will walk around and attempt to perform Seismic Toss, in which will grab an opponent, swing em around, then toss em up in the air. Rinse and repeat for a couple of times, before it strikes a pose, then disappears.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
(I already detailed my Octoling moveset concept, but if it is necessary to reiterate/link to it, let me know.)

Job 25: Octoling Colors

I already detailed colors in a previous post, but my opinions have changed a bit, and I would also like to detail what clothing the Octolings would wear in each.
Like Inkling, odd-numbered colors are female while even are male.
Octolings would only use their default hairstyles ("Tentacurl" for girl and "Punk" for boy).

Pink (the "default" Octo ink, more reddish than Inkling's pink)
Turquoise (sanitized Octarians)
Gold (Chaos from the Chaos vs. Order splatfest)
Silver (Order from Chaos vs. Order)
Brown (Retro from Retro vs. Modern)
Red (Ketchup, Hero, and Super Mushroom from their respective Splatfests)
Lavender (Narwhal from Unicorn vs. Narwhal)
Green (certain Octo Canyon levels/Salmonids in Salmon Run; less yellowish than Inkling's green)

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Job 25: Taunts
1. This Way! Signal from Splatoon 2
2. Takes a selfie (based on the Thang obtaining segments of Octo Expansion)
3. Booyah! Signal from Splatoon 2

Job 26: Spirits
Sheba

Sheba (Golden Sun)
Advanced, Support Defense, grants Strong Wind Resist
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin, pink alternate costume
  • Stage: Gerudo Valley (referencing the town of Lalivero)
  • Music Track: Jenna's Battle Theme
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions: Enemy starts with a Gust Bellows, Extreme Winds, Enemy favors Neutral Specials (referencing Jupiter Psynergy)
Piers

Piers (Golden Sun: the Lost Age)
Advanced, Primary Grab
  • Puppet Fighter: Ike, light blue costume
  • Stage: Pirate Ship (he has a boat)
  • Music Track: Fighting on Deck
  • Conditions: Enemy has super armor, Enemy starts with a Freezie (Piers is a strong guy who can use Mercury Psynergy)
Will continue making spirits for Dark Dawn's party, also I think we should base victory animations on the moveset we choose so we know what weapons to include

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 27:
Zubat

when summoned, a zubat will hover around the opponent, occasionally biting them, if the opponent trys to hit them, 3 more zubats appear and attack much more quickly, if another opponent hits them, 3 will go to them, you can eventually defeat them, and no more then 12 will swarm a fighter, but you'll have much better luck trying to wait it out.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Job 27: Beedrill
:015:

Returning from the first Super Smash Bros, Beedrill has been given a boost. It can use Drill Run and Bug Bite at it’s opponent.

Basically I decided that instead of a new Gen 1, I thought, how about we bring back a Gen 1 Pokémon that was in an earlier game.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job #27:
Gengar

When summoned Gengar will use destiny bond, laugh, and sink into the floor. Gengar will periodically rise up behind your opponent and use the move lick. Gengar will lick the opponent which will deal ~10%, and leave the opponent stunned with the same effect as zero suit samus's neutral B, which references licks ability to paralyze. However, lick takes a while to come out and if Gengar is hit before he is able to lick the opponent he will be knocked away before sinking into the floor again. If Gengar takes enough damage, Gengar will faint, but the opponent will also lose a stock. The damage required to faint Gengar will be quite high, so that Gengar will rarely be fainted on accident, and the opponent will only be punished for purposely trying to faint Gengar.

it was a bit tricky to come up with a moveset for Gengar considering Mewtwo already uses Shadow Ball, and Bellossom already puts the opponent to sleep, but I think lick is iconic enough for Gengar. Gengar made the top 10 most popular pokemon in the google poll, so I figure he deserves a spot in smash, but getting another gen 1 fighter seems both unlikely and overkill at this point.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #27: Mr Mime
E42F5AAF-224F-48F9-BD3C-806B3E6BA409.png

Type: Psychic, Fairy

When Mr. Mime is summoned, he will continue to follow the player. Mr. Mime will constantly spawn invisible walls behind you. The longer you stay in one spot, the last wall Mr. Mime put down behind you will continue to grow taller. The walls can’t be destroyed by other fighters, but they will despawn in a few seconds after you leave that spot. If you decide to camp at that spot for too long when the wall reaches maximum height, it will break. If you get knocked off, Mr. Mime will look towards the screen and act like he is trapped in a box until you spawn back in.

Last edited:

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Got a couple Golden Sun Spirit battles.
  • Name: Elemental Djinn
  • Game origin: Golden Sun
  • Type: Novice
  • Class: Shield
  • Support - Magic Resist Up
  • Puppet fighter: Pichu (Jupiter), Squirtle (Mercury), Red Kirby (Mars), Ivysaur (Venus)
  • Stage: Palutena's Temple
  • Music Track: The Elemental Stars (Golden Sun)
  • Conditions: Pichu favours down-special. Squirtle Favours up-special, Kirby favours dash attack, Ivysaur favours neutral-special.

• Name: Saturos & Menardi
  • Game origin: Golden Sun
  • Type: Ace
  • Class: Attack
  • Primary
  • Puppet fighter: Blue Ike and Pink Lucina
  • Stage: Venus Lighthouse
  • Music Track: Saturos Battle Theme (Golden Sun)
  • Conditions: Lucina starts with a Death Scythe. Item drops (Fire Flower, Fire Bar, Hothead, X bomb)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job 27: Magneton
1877B92B-4C2F-43B7-B5AC-B9A649765300.png
Magneton is the evolved form of Magnemite, and the second in the Magnemite line.

In Smash, it would use Magnet Pull to grab up to three fighters or items at once, and drop the opponents when far enough away from the stage. How long it takes to pull in opponents depends on that opponent’s weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom