• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK Importing N64 Games?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
So I recently got a couple of sequels to some of my favourite childhood N64 games at way below the triple digits that they were supposed to cost. Unfortunately, however, they weren't from my region.

Now, I new this long before I made my purchase. These games were never released in my region.

What I didn't know, though, was what it would take to play them. Apparently the internet makes broad, sweeping statements on the subject and its claims that the N64 is region locked purely physically only applies to americans importing japanese games.

So, what are my options? What are the pros and cons of each? Please let me know.

EDIT: Because I understand it's relevant in some cases, the games in question are Bomberman 64: The Second Attack and Snowboard Kids 2.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I took a Dremel to my N64 a few years ago and sawed off the region locking tabs on the inside of the cart slot. I can confirm that US N64s work with Japanese games (I have a Japanese Mario Kart 64) if you take away the physical region lock, but I have no experience with PAL so I can't say if you'd have more problems than just the tabs.

Top Bottom