• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK Flight Plans to Norway! Smasher's Reunion July 13-15th, 2012 BOOKING TODAY £32!!!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Yo!

Basically I'll be organizing the flights to Norway for

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande (VENUE WITH SPACE FOR 2500 PEOPLE) - July 13-15th, 2012 - Eidsvoll, Norway

I got a ryanair card that avoids all administration fees and nonsense, so I guess it'd be best if I booked for everyone to save £10 at least each + everyone knows I'm pro at finding cheap travel =)

Cost:

Flight Costs

Flights are down to £32!

Question is, should we wait more for prices to go down? They could turn to £10-30 (should we wait till april/may?) The prices may go up again

London Stansted -> OSLO Rygge
Outwards

Monday -> Sunday Anytime £16

Inwards

Sunday -> Next Week Anytime £16
Also using this site:

http://www.kayak.co.uk/flights#LON-OSL,RYG,TYF/2012-07-12/2012-07-16

Tournament Costs

Venue Fee + Singles + Doubles = Around £50

Hotel = Around £45/50 to cover all the nights (4 people in each room) ...quite pricy, unless you want to sleep in the venue which is free after you pay the venue fee but it wont be easy to sleep.

Current Flight Cost - £32
Current Holiday Total - £100-110 £32 flight + £6-10 airport coach + £37.50 tournament costs + £25 travel to Eidsvoll Verk

Feel free to discuss about the plans too in this thread, any help would be great as well

I'd like a serious interested list.. only interested if you CAN afford this without a doubt. I think I'm gonna start booking around March/April

Norway UK List

Fuzzyness
Alpha Dash
Jolteon
AmcD
gm jack
Kipkosky
ddiz
Deathgazer
L-J
Callum

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
definitely interested.....just need to find an excuse for leaving the country :awesome:

stelzig

Smash Lord
You can fly to Gardemoen (the much more convenient airport) with norwegian for £125,52. Or actually for £100,31 if you leave at 20 on friday, but only one seat left for that price (38,61) and that's kinda late too.

You save £44 on travelling. As well as 2 hours of travelling (one way)

Don't know if you would prefer the cheaper route, but figured i'd show you the alternative :)
http://www.norwegian.com/

Edit: Actually the local travelling might be both ways now that I think about it... 56 NOK for 5 minutes of travelling sounds overly expensive :p

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
You could also look at flights to Gothenburg. If Ryanair happens to have crazy cheap flights there, looks like it's <£40 from there to Oslo and back by bus. Could be anything down to £20 if you're lucky, but £40 seems to be the most common.
Don't know where exactly the Oslo airports are located relative to the venue, but the Gothenburg airport is very close to the city, and the bus takes you to Oslo Central.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
stelzig you didnt read my post, the flight is 66 atm, if you think £125 is cheap you are a fool. That site is just more expensive -_-

thats a good point ajp ill check that too...meh its around the same price to fly there around that time =/

stelzig

Smash Lord
I didn't say that I think it is cheap, but that it was the more convenient airport and I know ryanair doesn't fly to gardemoen.

Of course there still is a chance that some other company will fly to gardemoen cheaper, but idk. Norwegian was cheap enough from Denmark :p (£47 - ryanair still cheaper here, but ryanair doesn't fly from Copenhagen either, so inconvenient for most danes (not me) from here too :p)

If you're willing to travel with public transport in Oslo for 2 hours and 13 minutes rather than 5 and save some money on the plane, that's cool. Just wanted to inform people that it isn't the best airport you will get to :)

stelzig

Smash Lord
It seems to be really hard to find something for gardermoen in general. Must be a small airport. I'm just glad that the cheapest route (when you add travelling expenses in Norway) actually seems to have been the most convenient from here as well :p

I suppose the gap between prices here is a little steep to give norwegian priority. Though I still think it's a good idea to keep an eye on the option :) (considering you do save those £44 in Oslo. unless you expect being able to catch a ride or something)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
this is unfortunately, quite expensive despite Fuzzs pro cheap flight fining skills. It's unlikely that I'll be going to this because of the price :(

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Just keep checking this thread. This tournament is still well out of range from Ryanair's low-price wave which is usually about 2 months ahead.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
very interested just need to make sure i have the money. will keep my eye on the thread and keep in touch

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Flights are down to £44-56 depending on how long we stay. £44 is pretty damn good and we can get a whole week there as a group it would be fun.

Question is, should we wait more for prices to go down? They could turn to £10-30 (should we wait till april/may?) The prices may go up again

London Stansted -> OSLO Rygge
Outwards

Monday 9th July £21.99 8am
Tuesday 9th July £21.99 8am
Wednesday 9th July £21.99 7am / 6:25pm

Inwards

Sunday 15th July £28.99 9:50pm
Monday 16th July £21.99 10pm
London Gatwick -> Rygge
Outgoing

Thursday 12th July £28.99 7:40pm

Inwards

Monday 16th July £21.99 2:25pm
Tuesday 17th July £21.99 2:35pm

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Shouldn't we book soon? I am worried about the price increasing.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
If you wait longer and the prices don't change, they will still get relatively cheaper thanks to inflation =).

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
THE FLIGHT IS NOW £40 RETURN

IM GONNA BOOK ON FRIDAY
IF YOU ARE 100% GOING PLEASE TELL ME ASAP
ONLY IF YOU CAN DEFINITELY AFFORD IT / WILL BE ABLE TO SAVE THE MONEY EASILY I WILL BOOK FOR YOU
NO MAYBES

However, I would like the money back asap this time because I dont have much money currently and paying for all the flights would make me so poor
If you can Bank transfer / Paypal me the money tomorrow that'd be great

What days would you guys like to go? I want to treat this like a holiday so im looking on

- Going on Tuesday
- Leaving on Sunday Night / Monday Morning

The flight did go down but only a lil, if we waited another month maybe it could go down even more

Yeniths

East Midlands!
charles I will go..

I can paypal you money ofc

are we staying at the hotel or being housed etc?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
The flights are now £32 who wants to go!?!? IM BOOKING LATER TODAY/TOMORROW

The plan is we probably leave on tuesday come back on sunday night

ITS THE ESTIMATE COST!! =D

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Tournament costs are

£20 Venue
£7.50 Teams
£10 Singles

£37.50 Total (less than I thought originally)

Meaning our actual total is around £100-110

6 of us are booked

Fuzzyness
Jolteon
Yeniths
Deathgazer
Alpha Dash
DDIZ

Top Bottom