• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UFSmash - A Brazilian Tournament Feat. Banze, Kort, Aisengobay, Player 7, and More!

Terra do Brasil, the "land of brazilwood", or to most of those reading Brazil! Land of capoeira, the brigadeiro, but most importantly for Smash fans, a great place to play some of our favorite games! UFSSmash will set out to host Smash 64, Melee, Project M, Smash 4 and will have many phenomenal Brazillian competitors as well as visiting guests.

Smash 64

Brazil has been known for having a strong Smash scene for quite some time and UFSSmash will feature the best of the best! Some of the top threats going include:
  • Banze -:pikachu64:- The best player Brazil has to offer. Has competed in the USA and has placed high at Apex including 13th at Apex 2013, 13th at Apex 2014, and 9th at Apex 2015.
  • Cabelo -:fox64:- Another amazing player from Brazil, he too has traveled to the USA and placed 9th at Apex 2015
  • Kort -:link64:- From Rio de Janeiro he is known as the best Link player in South America who is able to go even with Banze and has been acknowledged by the Peruvian scene.

Now is an especially good time to catch Banze and Kort as they will be coming to Genesis 3 thanks to a donation drive still taking place for international players. Keep an eye out as these players will be dominating the Smash 64 tournament!

Melee

South America has some legendary Melee players who are set to attend and the visiting talent is just as strong! Let's take a look at who to watch out for on the Melee side of things:
  • Roche -:marthmelee:- Coming from Chile this Marth main was able to take down another strong player named Dark at a recent event as is well known for his tech skill and videos. Recently competed at Evo 2015 but was taken down by Hugs and Amsa
  • ChronoNes -:nessmelee:- A player known for competing well but even more so for his World Records in Break the Targets
  • Far! -:falcomelee:- Coming all the way from Mexico, Far! recently had a decent showing at Evo 2015 taking 33rd after losing to Hungrybox and Amsa.
  • Aisengobay -:foxmelee:- Having attended Apex 2014 and 2015, Aisengobay is considered the best Melee player Brazil has to offer.
  • Bobesco -:marthmelee:- Manages to go even with Aisengobay and is coming off a win at the last tournament he attended.
  • Izzi -:falcomelee:- Coming from Rio de Janeiro he has almost gotten tournaments from Aisengobay in the past. will this be his day to shine?
There are still even more Melee players to keep an eye on including Roche, Gin, Xinxu,and Shalaka will be coming from Chile, and Alvin, Luis, Pedro Miguel and Jose will be coming from Peru

Project M

Project M also has some impressive talent coming to attend with quite the variety of characters being used. Among these players listed many of the Melee players listed above will also be competing. But the top talent known mostly for Project M include:
  • Godzrage -:bowser2:/:samus2:- One of the best Project M players in Brazil, he's out to take down Roche after a recent loss at TMSS 3.
  • Phoca -:charizard:- He has been considered to be in the top four players for a long time.
  • Joker -:squirtle:- Has shown amazing things with Squirtle even after nerfs received in PM 3.6b

Smash 4

The big player to look out for on the Smash 4 side of the tournament is Player 7. Known as the "Brazilian ZeRo" due to his unprecedented win streak at South American tournaments, every other player competing will be wanting to take him down. He recently traveled to Paraguay and took down their best player Oblivion. Will Player 7 succeed and take home the gold or finally fall? Readers will have to tune in to find out!

The tournament is set to take place from the 20th through the 22nd and will be streamed live by TeamDASHSP. More information on the event is available in its Smashboards Event Post. Excited to see the best of Brazil settle it in Smash? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for future event previews!

Last edited:

Comments

So nice too see this here.
I'll be there in the sunday, for Smash 4 singles.
This is the first brazilian Major and will show almost all great players from our country.

Waiting you all in the stream!
(I'll try hard to reach the top 16).

Last edited:
  • Izzi -:falcomelee:- Coming from Rio de Janeiro he has almost gotten tournaments from Aisengobay in the past. will this be his day to shine?
Every day is a day to shine for Melee Falco players.... I had to do it, don't judge me.

Anyway, it is really nice to see the Brazilian scene getting this kind of attention from the rest of the scene!

There's a mistake in the announcement:

Godzrage who beat Roche in TMSS3 at Project M is from Brazil and Roche is from Chile, not the opposite.

Last edited:
WTF "unprecedented win streak at South American tournaments". Gado won 50 tournaments straight.

Shame I won't be able to travel to Brazil after being invited to go by Player 7 when he came to Paraguay. I still want my revenge for defeating me on stream! I bet it is gonna be a hype tourney tho :D

Also, he is a super chillax dude.

Last edited:
I didn't know I was mentioned in this article! That's pretty cool that they knew about the tournament in Paraguay.
Player7 is a great guy and I'd like to check out more of the Brazilian scene. I wanted to go but I have a lot of projects for my university. Maybe next time I'll get to go.
Good luck, guys!

"what is Paraguay"
I laughed hard!

Look for space, imagine a black hole. There is Paraguay :v

Last edited:
"what is Paraguay"
I laughed hard!

Look for space, imagine a black hole. There is Paraguay :v
Even funnier if you take into account that Zi0 actually is from Paraguay and one of our best players lol
He's just being a butt~

Last edited:
Watch Aisengobay vs Fiction from Apex 2014. It was a really hype match (game 2 on Dream Land was even more intense). I hope to see more of him!

Top Bottom