• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UFGT10:X - May 23-25, 2014 - Chicago, IL

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
UFGT10:X

Venue
Crowne Plaza O'Hare
Chicago, IL

Project M AND Melee are confirmed! EXP Gaming will be assisting with these events.
For full list of confirmed games and more information visit http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/

EDIT: Registration is open for UFGT10.
Hosting both Melee and Project M, May 23rd to 25th. Prices go up on May 5th for pre-reg, and if you don't pre-reg at all prices go way up and you cannot and will not be seeded regionally or by skill. Please register ahead of time so you can save money and we can plan the event with more precision. http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/register/

Scheduling will not be near-final until May, but for now the plan is to run Project M to top 8 Friday, Melee to top 8 on Saturday, and both top 8 finals on stream Sunday. - Keits

Melee Ruleset

* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process.

*4 stock, 8:00 minute timer

* Items OFF

* Double elim. Best 2 out of 3, Winners/Loser/Grand is 3 out of 5 if time allows it.

* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.

* If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.

* Master Hand is banned.

* Wobbling is legal. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling and is not allowed. Freezing and infinite stalling are NOT legal.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Starter stages (Singles): Yoshi’s Story, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land, Fountain of Dreams

* Counter-pick Stages (Singles): Pokémon Stadium

* First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.

* Following stages decided by winner banning 1 stage and then loser choosing.

* Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans.

* Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.

* You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

Project: M Ruleset

* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process.

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer

* Items OFF and set to NONE

* Buffer OFF

* Double elim. Best 2 out of 3, Winners/Loser/Grand is 3 out of 5 if time allows it.

* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.

* If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.

* If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Starter stages (Singles): Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Yoshi's Story (Melee)

* Counter-pick Stages (Singles): Yoshi’s Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Wario Ware, Green Hill Zone, Skyworld

* First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1-P1-P2 order.

* Following stages decided by winner banning 2 stages and then loser choosing.

* Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.

* You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Walljump)

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'll probably be here.

Who is the dumbest/cheapest/lamest character in PM? Doesn't have to be the easiest.

I haven't played it outside of one tournament since the 2nd demo. I don't wanna play sheik.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
I am tentatively in.

MRM stop being lazy, you have 4 months to find out your lame character. Watch APEX or something lol.

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'll be there no matter what. Hopefully brawl gets added on later as well :laugh:

Bean Yak

Smash Cadet
NNID
Catman789
Any guesstimates as to the scale of this? Who might I see, and how many people might I see there?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well UFGT is one of the largest FGC tourneys every year in the nation. Also notoriously well ran events

It will be a very hype event, and exciting time overall

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'll definitely be here. UFGT is prob the most fun FGC major according to the Madison community. It's a ton of fun every year!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The fact that PM is at an FGC major and Road to Evo event is a huge step for that community. Props to everyone involved in making that happen.

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
SOOOOOOOOOOO HYPE

Timing on this couldn't be better for me too.

I'll be bringing my A game. Watch out.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will probably be here.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
The fact that PM is at an FGC major and Road to Evo event is a huge step for that community. Props to everyone involved in making that happen.
Not like anyone cares, but I'll be here. Moving to Chicago on March 1st, and I haven't been to a major in like 5 years. I honestly cannot wait.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Can the OG thread creator update this? Registration is now open for the tournament, and its online only IIRC

Related note, already registered :laugh:

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This needs more hype. Bobby, can you put some information in the OP regarding rulesets and stuff?

I purchased my bus tickets btw I'm 100% confirmed for this.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
SIGNED UP YESTERDAY!

FIRST NATIONAL/REGIONAL FIGHTING GAME TOURNAMENT

THE HYPE IS REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

D

Deleted member

I've always wanted to go to a Melee tournament D: I still need a lot of practice but I think I should consider going ^-^

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if you guys can, also try to enter the mystery game tournament. pretty amazing event

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
this is what, next weekend?
I might try to go to this.

would anyone be able to provide housing for a NWOH car?

D

Deleted member

I may be coming to this :o A little more practice and i'll be ready to go to the tournament! :D

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
REMINDER from Keits - Registration is open for UFGT10, hosting both Melee and Project M, May 23rd to 25th. Prices go up on May 5th for pre-reg, and if you don't pre-reg at all prices go way up and you cannot and will not be seeded regionally or by skill. Please register ahead of time so you can save money and we can plan the event with more precision. http://ufgt.us/

HypaSonic

Final Smasher
Hopefully Ill be able to come myself, I'm in Great Lakes at the moment. If i was too it be sometime in the afternoon, due to my work here. Been wanting to test my Mario out. I know its early but whats a good estimate of Project M's time?

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Registered. I will be bringing 3 wiis, 3 cubes, and 5 tvs. @ EXPGaming EXPGaming what's the setup count looking like for this? Will setups be provided already for melee/pm or should we bring them for sure. Also, what's the turnout looking like for this wrt melee and pm?

Last edited:
Top Bottom