• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA Monthlies IV: The Return

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I did not host this tournament. I am but the messenger.

Amazingly full results on tia.

Singles results (warning, long; check out the website for much better results!!!):
1: MaNg0/HugS (split, *******)
3: Edrees
4: LuCky
5: Bone
5: Gimpyfish
7: DEHF
7: Aesis
9: DSF
9: DC
9: Evilnemesis
9: Mike Y
13: ROFL
13: TheBOSS
13: Nes
13: St. Patrick
17: Emerican
17: BloodoftheFallen
17: Mr. PBody
17: Wolf
17: Jay
17: Canada
17: Kira
17: Light
25: Morb
25: Tafokints
25: Demised
25: P
25: Nick
25: MikeHaze
25: Connor
25: Death
33: SNPR
33: Futile
33: Maple
33: Lovage
33: Dayu
33: Blui
33: Tofu
33: Vincent Vega
33: Rickety
33: DW
33: Atlus
33: Inks
33: Brown
33: Zarelid
33: MIG
33: Justin Lee
49: 2Good
49: Kouryuu
49: Aero
49: Raok
49: Festizzio
49: Plan 9
49: Romeo
49: Pinoy
49: J666
49: mrb1tch3s
49: SouthPaw
49: Kon
49: Jon619
49: Russel
49: Eugene
49: 3Years
65: boo
65: Hey
65: J Flo
65: Carlos
65: Ben
65: LHG
65: ResidentWaffle
65: Adolex
65: Goober
65: Raymond
65: Raqu
65: Eman
65: EH
65: Robert
65: Maelstrom
65: Kilo
65: Tristin
65: krew
65: Dark Fire
65: CZLing
65: ?
65: Kill
65: Milo
65: Marts
65: Nealdt
65: RWar
65: JZA
65: CreepyFingers
65: Easy
65: Gildo
65: Everyone
65: Omar
97: The Great Leon
97: cupid
97: JP
97: Loki
97: Sung Le
97: Willdo
97: Zero
97: Bassek
97: Hyprid
97: BusinessMan
97: DTM
97: Mac
97: Rob West
97: Broken Candy Canes
97: dodger
97: Daniel
97: Demon
97: Kamm
97: Stokes
97: Alex
97: Gage
97: Crimson
97: Ajax
97: J-Walking Kirby

Doubles:
1: 4 Leaf Mango (MaNg0 + LuCKy)
2: St. Aesis (Aesis + Patrick)
3: I Wrote This Song a Long Time Ago Way Back in '94 (HugS + BloodoftheFallen)
4: Firebird Shockwave (Edrees + Bone)
5: Kira's the Boss (Kira + TheBOSS)
5: Palmdalians (ROFL + Emerican)
7: **** Smash (DC + Romeo)
7: OG Compton (Trevyn + Evilnemesis)
9: Fabian Drowns in Pools (Jay + P)
9: Paris and Nicole (Delorted + Demised)
9: Morbness (Morb + Nes)
9: Hearts & Smiles (Rickety + Maple)
13: Green Apples (DSF + Nezumi)
13: SAT's (MrPBody + DEHF)
13: Death (Ajax + Death)
13: Those Guys (Kon + Vincent Vega)
17: Ultra Gayness (Kouryuu + ?)
17: Southern Lights (Light + SouthPaw)
17: Link/Bowser Pro (Gimpy + J666)
17: Jotos 4 Life
17: Green Team (Raqu + SNPR)
17: Mackin' Fingers (Redd + CreepyFingers)
17: Incredible Professionals (Dayu + Jon619)
17: Ernie Reyes Jr. (LHG + Pinoy)
25: Family Guy Waffle House (ResidentWaffle + Festizzio)
25: CV Smashers (3Years + Aero)
25: Hat Trick (Goober + Willdo)
25: Arnold Palmer II (Mike Y + Fabian)
25: JuicyFruits (Kilo + Lovage)
25: J Dub (JZA + ALO)
25: The Wolf and I (Wolf + Inks)
25: Team Hairy Nuts (Mike the Haze + Loki)
33: Slayers (Crimson + Demon)
33: Meek Musical Marth Mains (Hyprid + BusinessMan)
33: Jay G (Mac + DW)
33: Legal Tender (Tafokints + CZLing\)
33: 2Girls1Cup (Bassek + Gildo)
33: We Require More Vespene Gas (Stokes + 2Good)
33: Team Blue (BLM + Kevy)
33: QC
33: Team Fortress 2 (The Great Leon + Gage)
33: Douche Freezer (Nealdt + Plan 9)
33: Team Insomnia (Ryan + Ben)
33: Run While Pooping (Kamm + Adolex)
33: Zero (Zero + LOWl)
33: Krewz Control (Krew)
33: ALOMIG (MIG + JKim)
33: Footy Pajamas (cupid + boo)
49: Team RO

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
WTF HUGS AND OMAR STOLE MY TEAM NAME

screw you guys

edit: wow DEHF well done, impressive bracket u had to go through

festizzio

Smash Champion
So did anybody find a purple mad catz memory card in the gamecube next to the laptop running the tourney? I really need it, otherwise I'll never beat Super Mario Sunshine. :(

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Since the main thread is now closed, does that mean that there will be no more UCLA tourneys? :(

The Game II

Smash Champion
FINALLY encoded all the videos - about 75.

So I'm going to format them later today. They'll be up tomorrow.

I'll at least have a teaser ... maybe.

--GCII

nublet06

Smash Lord
So did anybody find a purple mad catz memory card in the gamecube next to the laptop running the tourney? I really need it, otherwise I'll never beat Super Mario Sunshine. :(
yeah you left it in emerican's cube.

its in my car right now. pm me or something so we can figure out how to get it back to you. im leaving for hawaii in the 15th for 7 days tho so if you want it back before then good luck.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Shoutouts!

To everyone who got swiped in by me for UCLA food, I hope you guys really enjoyed it

Aesis - Great job running the tourney. Props on your single digit finish in singles and 2nd place in doubles, you're ****.

Neal - Thanks for help organizing, too bad I couldn't swipe you.

Charles - It's a learning process, no worries you'll do better next time

Maple - You had me in tourney, but got too impatient. You'll get me next time

Mike Y - Your peach >>> me haha that was ****. congrats on beating hugs

Bloodofthefallen - I will get you next time in the sheik ditto.

Gimpyfish - SUDOWOODO FTW!!!!

Will add on to this later

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Me and hugs are not *******

well atleast my name is ahead of his

WE ALL NO HE WOULDNT OF BEAT ME 6 times

but ill let him think he would of ..

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Calm down, Canada! >.<;

OMG I coulda sworn I've seen you somewhere.. but you're from Canada, so it must've been Dejavu.

D

Deleted member

I dunno, there was one guy I knew for sure I'd seen somewhere too. Like absolutely.

Were you the guy Demised and I had those doubles battles with in the first like 15 minutes?

There was also one guy I was sure went to my camp when I was younger..

Aesis

Smash Ace

Shoutouts:

First and foremost, I'd like to thank Nealdt for helping me run things once again. If you were pissed about your bracket, blame Neal, and then me; in truth, we sought to make it fair and separate friends. If you ended up playing your friend, I'm sorry but that's how it goes! Neal has supported me every UCLA tournament and I appreciate his contributions to the community, for they are clearly unsurpassed.

Second, I want to extend my thanks to Palmdale, aka ROFL, Emerican and Creepy Fingers. It's always fun hanging out after the tourney, talking about Smash and life and just random sht. You guys are amazing and you are what keeps me in the Smash scene, whether that's a good thing or not. You represent what tourneys are all about.

Finally, I want to thank Tafokints, aka Daniel Lee for being kind enough to swipe ungrateful motherfckers into dining halls ;) and helping me divvy out the prize money appropriately given the complicated circumstances of letting UCLA people in free. Thank you for helping with bracket, and thank you for always being an encouraging friend. You are one of my most valued friends at UCLA, and not just because of Smash.

DeepSoCal - You guys ****. Trevyn I'm sorry I didn't team with you, it would have been fun, but I guess it all turned out okay anyway since I got 2nd in Doubles with PATRICK the rapage. Edrees I am basically giving you money :) Mike, I love you and good stuff against HugS first match. Knives, you are gay

Superfriends - HugS is too good. I was basically doomed when I was sent to loser's bracket to face HugS in the end; basically, I'll never beat him in tourney cuz he's too crazy. Thanks for coming. Omar I'm glad you found your notebook and I'm sorry I had annoying outbursts when we beat you.... I was just really proud of Patrick haha. Plus, I have never beaten you guys even though I've come close. Wolf I love you, Gabe you are gay, Inks you're always chill, Jay, you talk mad sht and Romeo didn't eliminate me this time YESSSSSSS

Round Table - You guys are all crazy fckers. Especially Larry. Of all the members (aside from Mango) I think Larry is the coolest cuz he's so freakin' chill. I hope you get into UCLA and hope you did well on your SATs. Thanks for the friendlies and hopefully we play again sometime. DC plays what character? PBOY you almost had me! Lucky is too freaking good (Bone vs Lucky Corneria w/ 1:30 remaining).

Gimpy - you are cool we never play and we never talk

AZ - I love you guys. I'm sorry 2Good and I'm sorry Ben and I'm sorry to whoever got screwed. Special thanks to Demised for being such an amicable player, even offered to help run things; always positive and that helps tourney hosts. Thanks for resting me in crews. Light you are **** and quiet. Omar I already said something but I love you.

San Diego - I love you guys. You're always so nice haha I guess Edrees rubbed off on all of you. Patrick, I am amazed by your performance. I still am in disbelief about our placing, and am really happy I withdrew from teaming with Trevyn. You're a blast to play with, and I really enjoyed wooping a$$, particularly HugS and Omar TWICE... MMM tastes so good.
Bone, you are too fast and too quick, I can't keep up! Mute City: I'll ban it next time instead of Dreamland (ROFL you were right). Maple, you're cool almost had me and Patrick. Rickety, always nice to see you dood, good stuff against Romeo; you actually beat him, which makes you better than me.
TheBOSS - Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks. You are so empathetic and I appreciate all your kind words. Thank you for everything and you did very very well in doubles. I was scared for our match, but you fueled my confidence and ultimately led us to 2nd place HAHA thanks man

8-Bit - Nes, I'm sorry I played you again; you took a game off me though, good sht! Mike, you should be part of Palmdale crew now that you're good enough LOLOLOLOLOL jk
Morb nice luigi, j666 link's too goot
Canada aka Delorted - you are cool, I'm sorry we weren't more hospitable and that you got ***** by trash talk, SoCal style. Thank you for coming all the way from Canada. Your peach is great :)

DSF - you **** me in friendlies! I will probably never beat you ever again. Thanks for taking my dolla. Always a pleasure to hang out with you and I love watching you play; best person to watch in my opinion

Festizzio - I love you for always being so supportive even tho we never talk, thanks for always coming
tehcupid - thanks for bringing your TV again and I appreciate your help

Ajax and crew - thanks for coming

3Years and crew - haha you are awesome man, next time let's do friendlies and you can show me crazy **** you do hahaha

NeighborhoodP - you're a nice guy in person man, why are you a **** online lol THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BRINGING TV's

Kira - you are too good, good to see you

Random guys who didn't bring a controller - crimson don't crowd around me next time you made me mad; next time BYOC and thanks for giving me back my controllers :)

Goober, Bassek and Gildo - You guys rock. Thanks for all the combos and fun times. You're all awesome people and thank you Jon for removing the divider

mrb1tch3s, plan 9, vincent vega - thanks thanks

ROFL *****
Emerican *****
Creepy *****
I ****

Hoang brothers were gone, Petoo0 was gone, and **** was gone
--> we lost in crews lol

Thanks to everyone who attended and I'm sorry sorry sorry if I forgot anyone

As for people inquiring about the next UCLA, it will be next quarter
-Alan

Lesheik

Smash Lord
This tournament was awesome even though I didn't enter, lol. Friendlies was off the hizzle yo! =P

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Aesis - Great tourmanet..... Nothing else 2 say ... I LOVE U AESIS!!

Neal - U **** nuff said

Nes

Smash Lord
This tournament was awesome

Shout outs:
Mike HAZE: haha you lied to Neal saying that you beat me so you can play Delorted1 but I beat you :p
Delorted1:Man I thought I was gonna lose that Peach ditto :( good games though sucks that no one is your area plays peach.

Atlus:Told you I was gonna play you in tourney.

Plan 9:Your car owns man.

Morb:Good **** rapping in teams man.:)

Aesis: I thought was gonna win in mute city.:(

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
I found someone's silver controller with the rubber on the control stick taken off if its anyone's please pm me.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
i shoulda placed higher that match was stupid with boss dude...****ing die 0 percent from a rest...

LuCKy

Smash Master
this tourney could have been better with ryan,alan and the boa brothers but still freakin great tourney

3Years

Smash Lord
this tourney was **** good **** like always allen...

yeah most deffinately ide love 2 show u a few samus tricks haha but u gotta teach me some sheik tricks lol

Top Bottom