• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Davis Performs Smash Themed Halftime Show

School spirit and Super Smash Bros never felt so right. Fans ready to watch the Aggies play some football got a pleasant surprise come halftime with a Smash themed halftime show! A student involved gave some details. "We had about nine hours to put the show together. Three hours on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. It was a tough show, with a number of key changes and tempo changes. I'm surprised we got through it all." Complete with some of the most famous songs in Smash, fancy formations, and even a Smash battle on the field this show is sure to impress Give it a watch!

The "Smashing" Performance

The performance was a hit with several smash fans coming to the game just to get a look. Hopefully the UC Davis band will keep on Smashing, playing, and entertaining long into the future and Smash fans will keep finding even cooler ways to express their love of the game.

Last edited:

Comments

That was pretty darn cool, although I must admit the Smash "battle" was rather lulzy. I have to wonder what percent of the people who were in attendance understood the Smash theme.

Not a bad performance at all. I love the battles during the whole video, gave me a good laugh. Colleges (or in this case Universities) should do things like this more often. It gives some people a reason to watch a game or two.

Last edited:
That is legit the only reason I will do competitive marching band at my school is if we get to play that. Which we won't so I guess I won't be doing that

Last edited:
Cool, my college is on the front page of Smashboards! I usually don't care about sports but I decided to go to that game anyways just for that show, and it was plenty of fun to watch.

Top Bottom