• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UB-Bursting Into Battle, Blacephalon for Smash Ultimate

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

What Is Blacephalon?

Blacephalon is a Ghost/Fire type Pokémon in the Pokémon Games, first seen in Ultra Sun . It is one of the Ultra Beasts, powerful Pokémon from another Dimension. Two can be caught in Ultra Sun's Postgame. Like all UBs, it has the Beast Boost ability that increases it's stats if it KOs an opponent.

Why should we add this ...thing?

It could have a very unique moveset. It can detach it's head and make it explode, in fact that's what it's signature move is! Aside from Link and Samus having one attack, we don't have a dedicated explosives character a niche that can be neatly filled by him. It can also have Beast Boost as a gimmick, increasing it's attack power the more damage he deals.

Pros and Cons to addition
+: Could potentially have a unique moveset)
+: An Ultra Beast, which led to it being more prominent
-: Added in Ultra Sun/Moon, which may be too late
-: Not that popular

So what do you think? Let me know.

Support List:

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Blacephalon is one of my favorite UBs, and I'd absolutely love to see it in Smash.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Blacephelon would be a wonderful addition to Smash Bros., especially if they leaned into the whole "alien ghost clown" theme for all of its moveset and animations!

The fact that we don't have a clown archetype in Smash is a crime in and of itself tbh

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
None of the ultra beasts made it back into SW/SH. To the surprise of everybody, we might not be playable in Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom