• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U-Throw or D-Throw?

Which is a better combo starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
This is the main question that a diddy main usually asks himself if he grabs an opponent at low to mid percent. They both usually lead into the same stuff, but which one is better?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Uthrow leads to 50/50s on specific characters, and puts the rest of the cast directly above sheik, whereas dthrow sends them at a 45 degree angle with DI, so imo it's always a better option at least at the higher percents.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
lol my bad, I thought this was on the sheik boards...

for diddy uthrow is usually the go-to since its safe and has guaranteed combos, and dthrow is less guaranteed but leads to more damage. thats all speaking at low percents though, like 0-10%

after that its always uthrow

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
lol my bad, I thought this was on the sheik boards...

for diddy uthrow is usually the go-to since its safe and has guaranteed combos, and dthrow is less guaranteed but leads to more damage. thats all speaking at low percents though, like 0-10%

after that its always uthrow
Which one is easier to combo with?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Isn't that only on fast fallers and big guys?
no it's actually the opposite, the fthrow combos aren't that good against fast fallers. its best against floaties and heavies but can be DI'd sometimes

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
no it's actually the opposite, the fthrow combos aren't that good against fast fallers. its best against floaties and heavies but can be DI'd sometimes
so lets say a Diddy is fighting a Mario or luigi, he grabs them at 0-10%, what is the best option then?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
so lets say a Diddy is fighting a Mario or luigi, he grabs them at 0-10%, what is the best option then?
uthrow is the safest, fthrow and dthrow do more damage but are more risky

its a choice you gotta make and test maybe, i'm honestly not too savvy on the details of fthrow combos at low percents, but zero uses fthrow > fair a lot and it doesnt always connect (i'd say 50/50 on connecting and missing), and he always uses uthrow > uair from 0%

Top Bottom