• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U of M 2/27 Results

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Brawl Singles

1: tripleR ($78.00) :kirby:
2: Moe ($39.00) :marth: :metaknight:
3: Nappy ($13.00) :snake: :diddy: :metaknight:
4: Near :toonlink:
5: Disciple :lucario:
5: YoshQ
7: breezy :falco:
7: Amanze :pit:
9: Claus
9: Blackmarf
9: Epic
9: Chexr
13: Loki
13: Ushi

Brawl Doubles

1: All The Hoes ($63.00)
2: RRR and YoshQ ($18.00)
3: Easy Money ($9.00)
4: Dr. Sparrow
5: We are George Lopez's lost sons
5: Team attack
7: Team hot chicks
7: Team gonna get me some crawdads
9: The Hammers
9: Jigglypunch

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to a moderatly stupid mistake, not by me, the tio file got erased at the end of melee and the melee results were lost. Here are the partial results though?

Melee singles

1. Chexr
2. Sparrow/ Don Paino
3. Yoshii
4. Tempest
5. Disciple
5. Deepak
7. Amanze
7. Fumps

from here I really don't know.

Melee doubles was a six team round robin.

1. Yoshimi
2. Disciple and Chexr (close as hell. really ******** ending.)

the rest I don't know

Good games everyone. Thanks for coming and I think it went pretty well.

oh, and people should tell me who was in the brawl teams and I'll edit my post.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
game 5 second set, kirbycide last stock.

that guys a champ. I liked when he beat Nappy more though..

Triple R

Smash Lord
Wow, what a tourny. I'll leave shoutouts later when i'm not dead tired and after i get some school work done :kirby:

D

Deleted member

Yeah The Great RRR Takes The Cake Good Job Man You Deserve It Best Kirby On The Planet Earth

yoshq

Smash Master
RRR - teaming with you was the most fun i've had in teams yet... i see why hunger loves them so much. i'd like to team in iowa or illinois with you sometime. or at the april mn thing.

Breezy

Smash Ace
Triple Randy just **** all over everyone this tournament. I'm proud to call that man a friend of mine.

Shoutouts:

RRR: Good **** on winning Brawl singles. I'm very impressed.

Everyone else: Step it the the **** up. You're all losing to kirbys n' ****.

napZzz

Smash Hero
RRR won singles....what
that YOUNG RANDALL randomly stepped it up. I put him in losers, then he takes me to game 5 in like, the most epic set I've ever played and beat me. I was like :(

Then he took it to moe HARD. **** WAS SICK DOG

I need to main diddy, my snake is garbage :|

Anyways, a few things I've got to say.

Nappy-u suk
Breezy-Stay falco or else. You're already improving and you've barely been playing him seriously. You'll step it up soon dont worry
RRR-When did you get good? Your patience is ********, ******** ******** ********. I got so angry at our 2nd set cuz when it goes to game 5 with over 30 minutes of playing for that extra money and you barely lose its sort of frustrating. lol
who cares about everyone else RRR da bess

put up characters for brawl.
RRR-ALL KIRBY
Moe-Marth, mk
Nappy-Snake,diddy, mk
Near-Toon link
Disciple-Lucario
Breezy-Falco
Amanze-Pit

lol I forgot yoshQ, he was all luigi ocho sorry

P D

Smash Ace
i think i ended up at around 7th for melee singles, won 2 lost 2

Triple R

Smash Lord
Shout outs

Moe - close grand finals matches, we were pretty much even the whole way through stock for stock. I was wondering if you would keep as marth during the second set :p. Good job in brawl doubles. i thought yoshq and i had it after 3-0ing you and amanze first set. good games.

Nappy - more close games. I finally found my trump card for this match. wait... and if you try to approach with a nade... DTILT! I still find snake an extremely hard matchup though. I knew I won loser's finals before it was over because you did the same getup animation twice in a row, so i knew i had a free hit for the kill. punk move going rainbow cruise and meta :p. seriously though, good matches and keep it up.

Near - good matches, i 2 stock you, then you 2 stock me, and then...... frigate did all the dirty work for me! Your toon link is actually fun to play against, which is strange lol, keep up the good work.

Disciple - I finally got my revenge from no koast! You still got the tier spot though -_- lol. I'm starting to feel really comfortable against lucarios now.

YoshQ - thanks for teaming with me. it was a strangely effective and fun team. I have to admit, I think that is the most fun I've ever had in teams too (sorry breezy...). I'd totally team with you at other stuff. You would just have to give me plenty of notice and hope that I have the money, since I don't check the tourny section often. you almost had me first match in bracket, but I brought it back somehow. You just get really unlucky against me in tourny/moneymatches. good games

Breezy - I actually didn't play you in bracket at all this time, and I didn't really get much of a chance to see how you were doing either. I thought your matches with Disciple were close, but I'm not sure. about the whole maining ganon thing. I was just giving you crap. you can main whoever you want lol, just stop following nappy's lead and being a jerk.

Amanze - fun melee set. good job in brawl doubles too. Thought we had you.... :(

Blackmarf - didn't play you in bracket. I'm sure you thought grand finals with marth and kirby was interesting. thanks for the support.

Epic - Fun friendlies. like always though, didn't have much time and could only play a couple. if you ever face me in bracket, use g&w ;D

Loki - I felt bad that first match. It felt like you were just trying to get used to meta. You did good the second match with diddy though.

Ushi - played like one friendly, nice toon link

Flux - Well I lost again. Somehow I just need to win the first match and go from there lol. Good job

Ocho - Good job basically beating me, but the smash gods did not allow that second uair hitbox to connect. better luck next time lol :p

Ocho and Moe - Thanks for hosting like always

In general, I need to step up my melee game again. Fun tourny though. I easily made my goal of making my money back :p Keep up the good work everyone :kirby:

Breezy

Smash Ace
Time for serious shoutouts.

Claus: Good stuff on beating Loki in bracket. Next time though, I don't wanna hear this scrubbish "I shouldn't have won, you got gayed by the stage," BS. YOU PICKED THAT STUPID STAGE FOR A REASON. Also, don't get grabbed :p.

African-American Mark: You, good sir, are getting a lot better. I was actually nervous in our MM. I wish I was good at giving advice, but I heard the advice D gave you, and I completely agree with all of it. One general piece of advice I can give you though, when you have the lead, you don't have to approach. At all. I'll eventually have to come to you and thats when you can just bait and punish me.

Loki: Pick a ****ing main already. Quit learning all this technical bs and just start learning MK or some ****.

YoshQ: I didn't play you besides teams where you and triple randy just straight *****, so good job sir.

Epic: I don't really remember our set all too well, but I remember you switched from GaW to Lucas second game. Umm... wut?

Disciple: **** lylat, **** Dedede, **** Lucario's ******* strings, and **** yo couch. Linkin Park.

Moe: Ey yo madu, I must announce to you the enjoyable feelings which I was feeling while we were doing our singulatory set 'n ****. I also be appreciating the knowledge which you took part in dropping on me about doing things more appropriately with Flaco.

Amanze: We both got 7th. We suck. Fun MM also. Next tourney I want a rematch.

Nappy: Quit raging when you lose. The first controller throw was kind of funny when you accompanied it with your "****, you're so good!" but the second one was just unnecessary. It was fun smashin' with you the night beforehand though. Thanks for helping me get out of my ****ty character rut.

Triple Randy: Way to ****ing ****. I think this is the first tourney in a while where I didn't play you in bracket. I heard you got mad at Nappy because he's a *****, and then later you said you were mad at me and I wasn't sure if you were joking or not. The you tell me to stop being a jerk in your shoutouts. I'm sorry if I was being all rude and such, but I didn't mean to make you all upset with me and such. I actually consider you to be a good friend of mine, what with some of the conversations we've had. **** is real.

Near: Way to avoid a MM with me. I must also comment on your trash talking. It makes me laugh. You're like a panda with curly hair and all cute 'n ****, but then you tell me I suck and to shut up and such.

Ocho: Fun few games of Melee. Like I said, I'll probably enter Melee sings next time, but I wanna see you on that brawl shiz as well.

Flaxwilf (Smoke Buddy): We had a cigarette together. It was cool chillin' outside and funning with you.

Sparrow: Hi.

Deepak: Thanks for sellin the dew. I was getting rather parched and then you showed up to save the day. Although you should feel bad for feeding into Nappy's problem v_v

napZzz

Smash Hero
Deepak is a terrible person for abusing my addiction to caffeinated products. I think he made about 4-5$ from me and I bought like half of his mountain dew or something.

And breezy, you'd be mad too if after a 30+ minute set you lose when the difference in winning or not and how close it is is making the extra money that matters. I dont think I've rage quit or thrown my controller in like a year and a half anyways, lol

RRR, I dont think snake vs. kirby is that bad when you play it like you did.....I couldn't camp you and you never fell into any of my traps because of how patient you were. INstead, you played outside my comfort zone when I tried approaching and you were just baiting me and ****. It was rough :(

****. LINKIN PARK

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Deepak is a terrible person for abusing my addiction to caffeinated products. I think he made about 4-5$ from me and I bought like half of his mountain dew or something.

And breezy, you'd be mad too if after a 30+ minute set you lose when the difference in winning or not and how close it is is making the extra money that matters. I dont think I've rage quit or thrown my controller in like a year and a half anyways, lol

RRR, I dont think snake vs. kirby is that bad when you play it like you did.....I couldn't camp you and you never fell into any of my traps because of how patient you were. INstead, you played outside my comfort zone when I tried approaching and you were just baiting me and ****. It was rough :(

****. LINKIN PARK
You threw your controller when I beat you at the last tourney.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Triple R- Good stuff winning singles, fun set lol. Frigate hates me :(

Moe- Ggs, I really need to work on the marth matchup lmao

Nappy- Oh my god...that MM was terrible lmao, especially delfino. ggs

Disciple- Fun set, the Charizard ditto where we just trash talked the whole time was hilarious

YoshQ- Ggs, I'm pretty sure you would've won first match, and probably the set if you didn't get gayed first game, lol. Fun/close set anyway, so much weird stuff happened

Breezy- We had a MM? we'll do it next time lol, our doubles shenanigans were fun.

Claus & BlackMaff- Fun friendlies lol, we didn't get to play much though.

ggs and stuff to anyone i missed.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Someone forgot the TV that grand finals was played on. It was in the larger room against the wall that didn't have windows I believe. Blackmarf took it and its in his room in centennial..

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
hey ocho, could you post the tio file so i can upload brawl results on aib.

shoutouts

RRR: you're so good now, keep it up.

nappy: stop throwing controllers that arnt yours, ***. good job beating me in melee.

breezy: your flaco is getting there madu, keep it up.

amanze: we de bess

deepak: im sad you didnt enter brawl singles, you're really good now. and you shouldve told me to fsmash lucas second game!

near: your snake did better than nappys. haha. ggs.

sparrow : you da king

ggs guys, this one was fun. i know what i need to work on.

MARK4LYFE

Black Marf

Smash Apprentice
I didn't get to play nearly as many MMs as I would've liked. Oh well, next time!

Breezy: I think that was the first MM where I didn't come out frustrated. It was fun as hell, and that ganon is still amazingly intimidating, even when I am putting up walls. Your Falco was so much better than last time I fought it too. Go for the high tier!

Disciple: What the **** are you on? I felt like you were walking in circles around me the entire match. I was getting outzoned, outmaneuvered, and outplayed the entire time. It was a fun as hell distancing match, but **** it shows me how much, much more I need to improve.

Nappy: Your comments were much kinder than normal in those matches, which is strange considering how hard you were beating my ***. Ben did not handle bananas as efficiently as you did, and every move was way too quick and calculated. I seriously only hung on by meager reads and muscle memory from playing that **** character for months.

RRR: Those matches were amazing and fun to watch. I was laughing inside when you got Moe with the obscure counter-does-not-cover foot stuff, reminded me of the first time you abused that crap on me. Seriously, those matches were so much more enjoyable since I felt like I understood most of what was going on in them. Work on bringing Kirby back up 5 or so places on the tier list, and we should friendly more.

Moe: We didn't get to have that friendly, but you were understandably swamped. Watching that Marth was amazing, and you know you're gonna get first next tourney.

Near: We need to friendly more, I think tink v marth will be a fun match up!

Claus: Good stuff. I'm sorry I didn't do gr stuff in our matches, but I honestly don't think there's a real way to get out of it. Best I can think of is spamming the buttons at just the right time so you release between the knees, and that would take an unrealistic amount of practice to get down.

Amanze: We should've friendlied.

Loki: We should've friendlied.

YoshQ: We should've friendlied.

Anyone else: We probably should've friendlied.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
hey ocho, could you post the tio file so i can upload brawl results on aib.
no, because my laptop got some virus from this tournament probably. I'm guessing it happened when i tried to log on to the U of M unsecure network like fista said to, except the internet didn't actually work and I stopped tight away so I dunno really. Did you/ yoshQ mess around with it? cuz I know at the end of the night while I was still at the venue it gave me a warning message about some infection or something. Basically I shut it off and said I'd take care of it once I got back, then I completely forgot about it until last night when the virus got to work and then my computer froze up in the middle of trying to get rid of the virus. Now, I haven't turned my computer on since but last time it was on I couldn't even work the mouse.

So no more trying internet at the venue and no i can't get the tio file right now.

and I'm just praying that I'll be able to fix this, god ****. and you should hope i fix it too moe, especially if you were messing with stuff on it there..

yoshq

Smash Master
wow... I think there was a virus on my flash drive... my scanner just found it. The virus probably got on your laptop when I copied the tio file to my flash drive, which I did because I knew you would lose the file somehow. Anyway, good news, I'm really good at removing viruses because that's actually my job - I work at a computer place doing that among other things. So I can help you out if you want.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
wow, thanks for owning up to it.

and yeah I definetely want that help. I'll probably try getting rid of it tomorrow or wednesday sometime..

and its ironic that the tio file can't be uploaded because someone got worried that it wouldn't be uploaded and they messed it up lol.

but yeah, you should give me your number or else just pm me what to do or stuff...

And fyi- the virus is called "Safety tool" or something like that iirc. I kept trying to make me think it was my only chance of getting rid of some virus's and that I should buy the program and give it credit card info and stuff. Last time my computer was on it made a safety tool icon on my desktop and I was trying to get rid of it with symantec/ norton antivirus. However the virus kept popping up every 5 seconds and slowed things down and I was trying to look at how to get rid of it on the norton page. It said the first step was to "disable autorestore" or something and then I couldn't remember the rest. And thats all I got before I lost control of the mouse and just shut down the computer. Haven't touched it since...

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Wow Triple **** for sho.

Good **** guys, I placed 5th at Farmington in Speech if you guys care :)

napZzz

Smash Hero
hey now guys, I rarely throw my controller. I sort of have anger issues that I did have as a child and I think I'm probably depressed right now but I manage to repress all these feelings pretty well for the most part and control them like a champ! beast.

SNAKE SUCKS

also black marf, I'm not a bad person you know lol. I'm usually kidding if you think I'm being mean or something. I wanna help MN get better so I try my best to give our lesser players advice unless its someone like near. I tell him to play marth, but he wont even listen. 10sighs

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
before nappy threw his controller he tilted his arm back...like he charged it up or some ****.

hahaha

second time he tossed that **** quick, like he used a c stick.

Breezy

Smash Ace
before nappy threw his controller he tilted his arm back...like he charged it up or some ****.

hahaha

second time he tossed that **** quick, like he used a c stick.
The second one actually looked more like a glidetoss, the way he kinda pivoted and stepped into it a little.

Top Bottom