• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tyde's Manly Smashfest (Tuesdays)

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
Tuesdays are about to get a little manlier. Tyde's Manly Smashfest is that magical time of the week where I let the local smashers come over to my house and smell up the place. We generally play smash and Perfect Dark.

I'm in the Carmichael area of Sacramento. I'll let you guys come over at 3 PM and you can stay till 11 or 12, depending on how generous I'm feeling. I will be holding these every tuesday and you can expect that they'll happen unless I have work or decide to go snowboarding (in which case I will notify oyu not to show up until 5).

I'd like to hold small money tournaments at each event, so make sure to bring 5 dollars with you. Make sure to bring 5 dollars with you for the tournament if you want to enter. I'll let that sit around a bit for emphasis. Really, though. Last time we got around to starting the tournament and everyone wanted to enter but didn't bring any money.

That said, these are a lot of fun, consistent, and a great place for any newcomers to get a start.

SEJBisNICE

Smash Rookie
that's cool as hell but so far! ****...i'll probably make it up one tuesday. hopefully.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Well naturally.

BTW: I say we have a set of rules for things you can/cant say/do at the manly smashfest. They should be manly rules and be noted in the first post.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. And second rule. Drinks outside. You don't even want to know how many cans and bottles I picked up after last one.

Third. I don't care if you smoke, but take a 10 minute break afterwards. If you fail to comply, be prepared to have febreze sprayed in your face.

Uhh, fourth. Shut up. No more jumping up and down, or shouting for no reason. My neighbors hate me as it is.

And fifth. Tom is not allowed to sit in a chair. He can sit on the floor.

EDIT: They changed the gate code. Since I don't want to field calls from people complaining that they can't get in/out, the code is now #3825. Just remember, it's #DUCK. Got it? Good.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
;_; No chair?
Not for you. ^_^

But I rearranged the place and did some remodeling, so I think tuesday will run extremely smoothly and you should all be very comfortable. No more people sitting on the floor, fighting over chairs, or having to squeeze past tvs.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Make sure to EDIT your original post Tyde to include the rules and the gatecode.

Good rules btw. Also I say only food in the kitchen if you're gonna eat anything at all. You don't need your carpet getting hamburger juice in it.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
anyone, know if tomorrow is still going on...I mean Tyde....sheez...you can't post this up and then...let it fade...into the past....lol

you got to keep these manly smashfest until I show up lol

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
I
Didn't
Want
This
Thread
In
The
First
Place.

I would be happy for the thread to fade into obscurity. You can count on them happening every tuesday. If they don't, I'll make sure you know about it. Ender hows about giving cave a ride?

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I will not be attending this one. At the last minute the woman got all "you always go hang out with your friends, blah blah blah"...>.>

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
yes, there's one today. Every tuesday, even if the thread dies. So come on over whenever you're ready.

bGoss

Smash Rookie
Hey, me and a friend live in lodi and are looking for better smash players to play against.

Would it be alright if we came up?

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
Hey you lamers need to come over here. I'm stuck in a small room with nintendoking and kevmoney. Send help!

Zoap

Smash Master
man id hate to be you tyde, little richie on one side, a 2 dimensional black man with plenty of sausage on the other. I see a **** comin <.<;;;

On a more happy note I might be able to make it to one of these once my classes stop in the summer.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
zomg today was too fun. The small number of people was cool, I got matches with everyone I wanted to play hella bad, instead of just playing the same people over and over. Plus I got a ton of matches with Kev, and I'm happy to say he no longer ***** me. :laugh:

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Zomg I am the holy pwner of teams. And I now have rights to the green doc. PD sucks btw with a control stick that wont let you move left or right. Also, I think we stepped up the manliness this time with me taken off my shirt. Hella Manly Smashfest.

Elsydeon

Smash Rookie
One pound of duck is the new toll for traveling the land of manliness.

LMAO. Nice.

Also nice to know that now I have a good reason to clear up my Tuesdays. Now that these have been declared weekly it will make it easier for me to go, knowing when they are instead of them being announced haphazardly, and sparsely at that.

It figures I would find this thread on a Wednesday, too. lol

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
Son of a *****!

Since I requested sunday off for my grandpa's birthday, it messed up my week schedule. I have to work on tuesday. I'll see if I can trade shifts, but for the moment this tuesday is cancelled.

There should be more ball-punching teeth-kicking smash manliness the next tuesday, though.

Top Bottom