• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Two Sides of the Same Coin - Pit/ Dark Pit Meta Game Discussion

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Greetings everyone, and welcome to DP's competitive discussion. This thread is where all gameplay and moveset discussion will take place.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
How sure are you? Not wanting to close the stream to see the picture ATM.
100% sure.

His Up-B is the same as pits visually.

His B is a Dark Arrow.

His Side-Special seems to be the same with a different dash arm.

Down-B he is using Orbitals.

His Final Smash uses his Sniper Skillz.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
100% sure.

His Up-B is the same as pits visually.

His B is a Dark Arrow.

His Side-Special seems to be the same with a different dash arm.

Down-B he is using Orbitals.

His Final Smash uses his Sniper Skillz.
Yeah, just figured that out.

I swear some of his animations are different, and I'm pretty sure his Dtilt is different. SSB4 Dtilt was laaagy, DP's was Brawl speed.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
His arrow seems faster but possibly cant change direction. Also considering is a Darkness Bow arrow it might be pretty strong. His Electrodash Arm also looks like it sends people at a 45 degree angle instead of straight up. He also might be quicker than Pit but I'm not 100% on that. He just looked like he was more mobile to me.

Also he has a unique victory theme lol. #thebias

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
His arrow seems faster but possibly cant change direction. Also considering is a Darkness Bow arrow it might be pretty strong. His Electrodash Arm also looks like it sends people at a 45 degree angle instead of straight up. He also might be quicker than Pit but I'm not 100% on that. He just looked like he was more mobile to me.
You're not the first to catch the Electroshock bit. I was too busy looking at the arm trying to remember it to notice the trajectory. But yeah, that's one confirmed difference.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

ok, now that is out:

Dark Pit wields Silver Bow instead of Palutena's, Up B is Viridi helping, Side B is Electroshock arm, down B?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

ok, now that is out:

Dark Pit wields Silver Bow instead of Palutena's, Up B is Viridi helping, Side B is Electroshock arm, down B?
He uses Viridi's Power of Flight? Odd. It would make more sense for him to use Pandora's power.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So does he use a Silver Bow for his standard attacks?

If so, I would imagine they would do more damage up close to reflect their attributes in-game
and as a contrast to Pit who has tippers.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Looking forward to seeing just how different he is from pit.. Anyone have a full list yet or pictures of new moves? All I see his the up be and B (looks like Up B goes farther and B shoots much faster

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
...Umm, what source are yo getting this from because I haven't heard any confirmation about that. Also, I disagree and say there is much to complain about. DP getting in as a character rather than an alt for Pit while a more unique/ more wanted character could've reserved that spot instead.
That's just how it's always worked. The reason we get clones at all is because of time constraints.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

ok, now that is out:

Dspecial is Guardians again. I think... We saw the shots, but not the Orbitars.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I really need to see footage of his Dark Pit Staff. Can anyone provide this? I'm not sure how its used- all I know is that its on his character icon.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
This thread is made to discuss any differences between Pit and the recently leaked Dark Pit in order to enable clarification and see if there is more to him than is currently known at this time. These differences include but are not limited to:

• Appearance (including animations)
  • Statistics (speed, power, etc.)
  • Special moves & custom variants
  • Hitboxes
  • Taunts
  • Competitive viablility (because of said stats, special moves, etc.)
  • And anything else not on this list
Please refrain from writing comments not related to any real information. The point of this thread is to help people find the differences between the two. There are many other threads where you can share your (dis)pleasure of his inclusion.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sspecial is an Electroshock Arm, and it launches opponents at an angle instead of straight up. Still has super armor.

Nspecial appears to work differently, need more info.

Final Smash is Dark Pit Staff.

Other then that, he doesn't have any immediately noticable differences.

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
I've been told his Up Smash and Down Smash are different, but I have yet to confirm.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
When Hama used Dark Pit in the stream, at the end of a match when everything goes in slow-mo. I could appreciate the arm he uses as his sideB. Its the Electroshock Arm.

Did anyone knows Dark Pit's Final Smash?

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
His FS is the Dark Pit Staff. From what I've seen of it, it looks kinda like Zelda's Light Arrow.

I personally thought his arrows looked slower with more range, but that might just be me. His up(?) throw (might have been down throw) also looked pretty strong, sent the opponent up a good bit.

EDIT: Watching that video again, it seems that his d-tilt also sends people diagonally instead of straight up.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
When Hama used Dark Pit in the stream, at the end of a match when everything goes in slow-mo. I could appreciate the arm he uses as his sideB. Its the Electroshock Arm.

o.o I didn't expect Pit to use that weapon...I mean, considering he didn't in the main story...
Anyways, there are claims that his Final Smash involves his Dark Pit Staff...but this is, as of yet, unconfirmed.

His FS is the Dark Pit Staff. From what I've seen of it, it looks kinda like Zelda's Light Arrow.

I personally thought his arrows looked slower with more range, but that might just be me.
Oh? Has there been a video posted?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh wow, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. I'm actually quite interested in his differences. Didn't realize he already had quite a few. Is there a video of his Final Smash?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Oh wow, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. I'm actually quite interested in his differences. Didn't realize he already had quite a few. Is there a video of his Final Smash?
I'd guess most of his differences are in stats, so we probably won't be hearing anything new until I somebody makes a guide.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Oh? Has there been a video posted?
I haven't seen any videos, but I saw a screenshot.

Dark Pit's dash attack also seems to send people at an angle. I think this will be the common theme of his moveset and one of the main differences between him and Pit.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I haven't seen any videos, but I saw a screenshot.

Dark Pit's dash attack also seems to send people at an angle. I think this will be the common theme of his moveset and one of the main differences between him and Pit.
Well its clear all of his weapons will have different properties...since they are different weapons. Does the Silver Bow have any sort of special effects? (it was actually my favorite weapon in the game. xD God I loved its close range qualities....)

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Well its clear all of his weapons will have different properties...since they are different weapons. Does the Silver Bow have any sort of special effects? (it was actually my favorite weapon in the game. xD God I loved its close range qualities....)
If the Silver Bow does more damage at close range, that would be amazing for camping o_o Fire arrows from afar to lure the enemy in, and as they get closer, the damage increases faster...

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I NEED GIFS
Here's the Electroshock Arm:

Here's Pit's Upperdash Arm. Note the different launch angles.

Another Electroshock GIF to prove it's not just DI lolz.
I still haven't noticed anything else that is definitively different about the two yet, (probably because I haven't seen his Final Smash lol) but I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If the Silver Bow does more damage at close range, that would be amazing for camping o_o Fire arrows from afar to lure the enemy in, and as they get closer, the damage increases faster...
Dark Pit is obviously a much more aggressive fighter then Pit. I also have a feeling his DownSpecial will be offensive, rather then defensive. Speaking of which-
...I don't think we have any confirmation on the oribtors....or whatever weapon he uses....effect.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
From what I can tell from the neutral special, it appears to travel faster but with slightly less range. Hard to tell.

His neutral three hit attack sends the opponent in an upwards angle instead of straight forward like Pit's. I think the second hit also pulls in the opponent instead of simply making them flinch.

Also his down aerial now functions like Pit's old down aerial from Brawl, where it knocks the opponent upwards, instead of being a meteor smash like it does with Pit's down aerial in these games.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Also his down aerial now functions like Pit's old down aerial from Brawl, where it knocks the opponent upwards, instead of being a meteor smash like it does with Pit's down aerial in these games.
Ooh, that's interesting. But I believe Pit's Dair either will or won't meteor depending on where you hit, like in PM (I think?). If he hit with it during the beginning of the move, then it probably doesn't meteor.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
The angle on the Side-B seems pretty unfortunate. It's like a well DI'd Pit Side-B. Does it have more knockback to compensate?
Also I haven't seen if Dark Pit's arrows can be steered yet...
And a Final Smash gif would be fantastic.
Sorry I have no information to bring, only questions.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
From what I can tell from the neutral special, it appears to travel faster but with slightly less range. Hard to tell.

His neutral three hit attack sends the opponent in an upwards angle instead of straight forward like Pit's. I think the second hit also pulls in the opponent instead of simply making them flinch.

So, he takes cues from Brawl Pit? Interesting. Kind of like Dr. Mario being pre-Brawl Mario with some twists.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit invincibility frames on Side-B (Found by yours truly) :p

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Last edited:
Top Bottom