• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

Arthur97

Smash Master
Ironic, considering that when you compare Mythra's f-smash to Yoshi's f-smash, both attacks hit on frame 14, but the latter deals more damage and knockback overall. And of course, Yoshi's head is intangible during the attack. But when you think it over, Mythra's f-smash does have more range, so I guess being less powerful makes some sense.

In terms of Lightning Buster, it does need to be fully charged to gain the best possible KO potency. Not many players are going to let Mythra pull that off.
Yoshi also lacks Mythra's overall mobility and doesn't have access to Pyra. Comparing the moves in a vacuum doesn't always give you the full picture.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yoshi also lacks Mythra's overall mobility and doesn't have access to Pyra. Comparing the moves in a vacuum doesn't always give you the full picture.
Yeah, frame data is obviously half the story when talking about attacks that have the exact same amount of start-up lag.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Yeah, frame data is obviously half the story when talking about attacks that have the exact same amount of start-up lag.
I don't even mean purely from a data standpoint. One fighter may just have a clearly better move than another, and that's fine. You have to take into account what else the fighter has. Yoshi has to secure his kills on his own. He isn't as fast, he doesn't have a sword. Yoshi is fairly obviously worse than just Mythra let alone the pair, so it's fine if his forward smash is technically better. Maybe the issue wasn't the move, but rather the move on Mythra.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Been quite some time since I checked in here, but since I've finally got time to replay XB Remaster and eventually XB2 before I can finally play XB3, i thought I'd check in. I havent played much smash in awhile but I still try to Main these 2 because they were my most wanted other then Shantae. Just curious, how do people view them teir wise now? And when are their amiibos dropping?

Top Bottom