• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I've thought for a while (even before Rex was deconfirmed) that it should be Pyra/Mythra fighting to begin with. To non-fans I think Rex and Shulk will feel too similar (young anime guy with a futureistic red beam sword that can extend its length) and that using Pyra/Mythra instead would alleviate that while also offering another female to the roster.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
I've thought for a while (even before Rex was deconfirmed) that it should be Pyra/Mythra fighting to begin with. To non-fans I think Rex and Shulk will feel too similar (young anime guy with a futureistic red beam sword that can extend its length) and that using Pyra/Mythra instead would alleviate that while also offering another female to the roster.
I agree with this. I know that it wouldn't match with XC2's Driver and Blade gameplay, but Rex isn't the popular character in XC2, it's the Aegis. When I think of Rex being playable, I think of Pyra and Mythra basically fused behind him, using their Arts and Swords for certain special moves and aerials (essentially swapping the sword for different attack animations), but I don't want to play as Rex solo, or with the Aegis in the background. If it can't be the way I described, then I would rather they act solo and utilise their specials, using Down B to switch between Pyra and Mythra. I would like them to use Anchor Shot for a grab or special though, because that art is unique to them and could act as a topple (trip) /command grab.

Speaking of Pyra and Mythra, I've got my goodsmile Pyra figurine stood proudly on the corner of my TV unit :)
Mythra's missing from the other side but I don't have long to wait for her. That being said, I need a bigger unit because she is kind of in the way.
I don't notice it for Smash, but I've been playing Resident Evil 2 Remake and she's slap bang in the way of the ammo counter!
Makes for a self-inflicted hard mode, though!

Dharakjoo

Smash Rookie
Pyra is the special Blade partner of Rex and one of Pneuma's halves.

=Special Moves=
B: Ignite Slash - Ignite her blade to slash her opponents by charging her blade. If holding B by charging in full power, she creates a fiery devastating slash.
Side B: Burning Cut - Similar to Marth/Lucina, she igniting her blade to slash three times.
Up B: Blazing Boost - With Mythra's help, she's turned into a fireball in every directions.
Down B: Pyra Counter - She can counter her opponents' attacks by slashing them.
Final Smash: Pneuma Laser - Merged with Mythra to form her true form, Pneuma and used her devastating laser on her opponents.
=Taunts=
↑: Creating a torch by snapping her finger.

←→: Raise her sword before back to her fighting pose.

↓: Facing around with the yellow light orb (possibly to be Mythra).

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
I like it better when they don't show the Smash logo; many folks are genuinely surprised when the smash invitation pops up! lol

Looks like that covered up outfit for Mythra really was a prelude to her being in Smash, after all.

A little disappointed in the wasted potential to make them more unique by pairing them with Rex for some unique mechanics, but they still look fun.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So hyped and excited, hard to keep watching the direct! And they are in a multi character, which we haven't had since Pokemon trainer/Zelda andshiek.

Ok Mods, got a question, I never had a thread become an actual social thread for a new character. Should I change the title?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wow! Congratulations on getting this specific character setup (Pyra and Mythra without Rex) in Smash!

I wonder if they are going to be like Zelda/Sheik where they switch with Down B. Or are they alts of each other?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So hyped and excited, hard to keep watching the direct! And they are in a multi character, which we haven't had since Pokemon trainer/Zelda andshiek.

Ok Mods, got a question, I never had a thread become an actual social thread for a new character. Should I change the title?
Lol same I'm having trouble focusing on the direct XD

I think you can change the thread title to 'social thread' instead of support thread once it's moved.

Edit: Ok it's already moved :p

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Well, congrats to you guys! Interested that Sakurai went with this decision. Can't wait to play them both!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

I renamed it for now, if there's a better name that encapsulates these characters, feel free to name it. For example, the Sephiroth thread is titled "The One Winged Angel - Sephiroth Social" and I think the Banjo-Kazooie one says Project Dream Come True. I have never played a Xenoblade game myself.

Congrats to all of Pyra/Mythra's fans!

zferolie

Smash Hero
That makes sense. Pokemon trainer is 3 character numbers. If Zelda and Shiek where still a transforming character I am sure they would be the same.

I renamed it for now, if there's a better name that encapsulates these characters, feel free to name it. For example, the Sephiroth thread is titled "The One Winged Angel - Sephiroth Social" and I think the Banjo-Kazooie one says Project Dream Come True. I have never played a Xenoblade game myself.

Congrats to all of Pyra/Mythra's fans!
Thanks. I'll think of a better name later!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That makes sense. Pokemon trainer is 3 character numbers. If Zelda and Shiek where still a transforming character I am sure they would be the same.

Thanks. I'll think of a better name later!
Well it makes me wonder how differently they play. I thought it might mostly be a palette swap (with a few different moves) but now I'm hopeful there's more to them !

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well it makes me wonder how differently they play. I thought it might mostly be a palette swap (with a few different moves) but now I'm hopeful there's more to them !
I need to watch the trailer again, but they look quite different, like not zelda/shiel levels, but decently different

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I already said this in the Rex thread, but congrats Pyra and Mythra fans. I was hoping for Elma, but I'm glad at least we got another Xenoblade rep as I was afraid Nintendo was going to forget us.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Congrats.

Wasn't expecting that but I'm glad to get another transforming character in the game

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Congrats Pyra/Mythra supporters.

Now if y'all excuse me, I really need to finish Xenoblade 2.

Top Bottom