• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm curious how Pyra/Mythra supporters view this idea.

Have the character as "Rex and Pyra", tap B to switch blades back and forth between Pyra and Mythra, hold B to switch Rex out to the secondary character and have Pyra and Mythra be playabe, tapping b will now let you swap between a playable Pyra and Mythra and holding B will let you swap back to Rex.
That would be ideal, wouldnt it? :)
I think it wouldnt have to be a b move to switch, though i wonder if they would play a lot in common. Does anyone know if they're too different to be similar characters? (which would speed up dev time). I mean, anyway if ever it'd be something like youre saying, that'd just be awesome, and I'd use pyra all the time probably, myself :p

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
2 pages! woot! Heres an image to celebrate!

I'm curious how Pyra/Mythra supporters view this idea.

Have the character as "Rex and Pyra", tap B to switch blades back and forth between Pyra and Mythra, hold B to switch Rex out to the secondary character and have Pyra and Mythra be playabe, tapping b will now let you swap between a playable Pyra and Mythra and holding B will let you swap back to Rex.
I like it, but it does sound quite complicated is all.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
2 pages! woot! Heres an image to celebrate!

I like it, but it does sound quite complicated is all.
Really? To try and make it less complicated it’s kind of like a Pokémon trainer/shulk hybrid with holding b to change characters and tapping b to switch between 2 attribute changes. However think of Mythra’s style as more of an echo for pyra with 1 or 2 big changes. In other words your just switching between Rex and pyra with both of them only have 2 manado arts that changes 1 or 2 attacks along with altering attributes such as speed, power etc.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Really? To try and make it less complicated it’s kind of like a Pokémon trainer/shulk hybrid with holding b to change characters and tapping b to switch between 2 attribute changes. However think of Mythra’s style as more of an echo for pyra with 1 or 2 big changes. In other words your just switching between Rex and pyra with both of them only have 2 manado arts that changes 1 or 2 attacks along with altering attributes such as speed, power etc.
I was thinking maybe you can change between Rex and Pyra leading to change movesets like with Zelda/Shiek, but you can also change between Pyra and mythra to change the element of your attacks, between fire and light, that just changes some properties of each attack and not a full moveset.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I was thinking maybe you can change between Rex and Pyra leading to change movesets like with Zelda/Shiek, but you can also change between Pyra and mythra to change the element of your attacks, between fire and light, that just changes some properties of each attack and not a full moveset.
That can work too. I was thinking of that as well but I guess this was just me altering my original concept to make it simpler and streamline the characters.

zferolie

Smash Hero
ANother week, and time fore some more Pyra and Mythra fanart

Mythra 2.png
Source
Pyra 2.png
Source
Pyra and Mythra 1.jpg
Source

As for more thoughts on their chances, I still think its pretty high. We know Sakurai got shown a bunch of choices for DLC, and I could see Nintendo wanting to push the more profitable Pyra and Mythra over Rex. Lets be honest here, more people like these two then Rex. Nintendo is making Figures of Pyra and Mythra before they make one of Rex, the fanart of Pyra and Mythra are huge, Xenoblade 2 sold a ton and did very well in both japan and the west, and honestly nintendo notices this.

So what I feel is Sakurai got presented Pyra and Mythra as one of the choices but not Rex. He picked Pyra and Mythra to make fighters, but also felt he wanted to do something with Rex, so made him a Mii fighter costume, along with Nia. Why make Mii fighter costumes of Rex and Nia, but only make Pyra(so far) a Spirit when she and Mythra are so hugely popular? Because they are DLC

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
ANother week, and time fore some more Pyra and Mythra fanart

View attachment 178909SourceView attachment 178910SourceView attachment 178911Source

As for more thoughts on their chances, I still think its pretty high. We know Sakurai got shown a bunch of choices for DLC, and I could see Nintendo wanting to push the more profitable Pyra and Mythra over Rex. Lets be honest here, more people like these two then Rex. Nintendo is making Figures of Pyra and Mythra before they make one of Rex, the fanart of Pyra and Mythra are huge, Xenoblade 2 sold a ton and did very well in both japan and the west, and honestly nintendo notices this.

So what I feel is Sakurai got presented Pyra and Mythra as one of the choices but not Rex. He picked Pyra and Mythra to make fighters, but also felt he wanted to do something with Rex, so made him a Mii fighter costume, along with Nia. Why make Mii fighter costumes of Rex and Nia, but only make Pyra(so far) a Spirit when she and Mythra are so hugely popular? Because they are DLC
That's some nice fan art! I do want a piece of Pyra and Mythra on my wall eventually.

As for character selection, I feel the blades are the bigger focus in Xenoblade 2, so it makes sense for a character to be based around the blade aspect rather than the driver aspect, if they pick one or the other. I'm happy for the drivers to get their representation through mii costumes if it means that we get our Aegis as a fighter.

....and speaking of those figurines, I've got the Pyra and Mythra ones on pre-order, not got the funds for Siren yet, but I'd rather they make the 'other' figurine so I can sink my money into that instead.

zferolie

Smash Hero
That's some nice fan art! I do want a piece of Pyra and Mythra on my wall eventually.

As for character selection, I feel the blades are the bigger focus in Xenoblade 2, so it makes sense for a character to be based around the blade aspect rather than the driver aspect, if they pick one or the other. I'm happy for the drivers to get their representation through mii costumes if it means that we get our Aegis as a fighter.

....and speaking of those figurines, I've got the Pyra and Mythra ones on pre-order, not got the funds for Siren yet, but I'd rather they make the 'other' figurine so I can sink my money into that instead.
Yeah the blades are more the focus, espexially in Torna, so makes sense that prya and mythra would be the playable characters

I beleive i ordered pyra but not mythra yet due to money. But the added another figure too?

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Yeah the blades are more the focus, espexially in Torna, so makes sense that prya and mythra would be the playable characters

I beleive i ordered pyra but not mythra yet due to money. But the added another figure too?
They've added Siren, but I think it (he/she/it?) is an adjustable figure whereas Pyra and Mythra are modelled.
I was hoping they would do one for her 'other form', but no luck as yet.

But boooooooooooy do they break the bank!!!

zferolie

Smash Hero
They've added Siren, but I think it (he/she/it?) is an adjustable figure whereas Pyra and Mythra are modelled.
I was hoping they would do one for her 'other form', but no luck as yet.

But boooooooooooy do they break the bank!!!
Ah gotcha. I think ill just got for the modeled ones. But yeah they are expensive but so good looking. I hope the mythra wont be hard to get later. I hope i did order the pyra...

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Ah gotcha. I think ill just got for the modeled ones. But yeah they are expensive but so good looking. I hope the mythra wont be hard to get later. I hope i did order the pyra...
If you haven't pre-ordered, both Pyra and Mythra look to be available on nin-nin-game.com, so might be worth checking out
Everywhere else I've looked seems to be scalped

zferolie

Smash Hero
If you haven't pre-ordered, both Pyra and Mythra look to be available on nin-nin-game.com, so might be worth checking out
Everywhere else I've looked seems to be scalped
I think i preordered pyra at good smile but missed mythra. How much are they there? And do i need to pay now or later?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
So... are we going to tackle the subject of the leggings?

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
So... are we going to tackle the subject of the leggings?
I mean, if Pyra and Mythra are in the game, I'm expecting some kind of censorship, just like they did with Bayo and Corrin.
I'm not happy about it, but if Sakurai feels the need to censor Corrin's inner thigh then he has to censor Pyra, although what that will look like worries me - more what Mythra will look like worries me!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I mean, if Pyra and Mythra are in the game, I'm expecting some kind of censorship, just like they did with Bayo and Corrin.4
I'm not happy about it, but if Sakurai feels the need to censor Corrin's inner thigh then he has to censor Pyra, although what that will look like worries me - more what Mythra will look like worries me!
From what I can tell, only Mythra was censored, not Pyra, and she shows more skin.

Seems quite odd for sure.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
From what I can tell, only Mythra was censored, not Pyra, and she shows more skin.

Seems quite odd for sure.
'Censored?' Have I missed something?

EDIT:
Wow, so I've just seen the Mythra spirit - I'm not sure what I think of it.
I wouldn't mind the leggings so much if they were up to her thigh and white, but the dark leggings just don't sit right with me.
And also, have they censored the cleavage for Camilla and Rouge the Bat as well?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
View attachment 180425View attachment 180425
I found this picture a few days ago and I thought Pyra looked good.
That does look quite good honestly. And this japanese fan did some art based on the censored Mythra, and she still looks good too

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
View attachment 180425View attachment 180425
I found this picture a few days ago and I thought Pyra looked good.
Hmmm.
Personally, I prefer her original design as opposed to covering all her skin up.
I would say if they absolutely had to censor Pyra, I wouldn't have a problem with adding something to her back.
But I'd personally leave her arms, waist and legs alone.

I can understand Mythra's censorship now I've thought about it, because her short dress will show her underwear, whereas leggings cover it up - I don't get the problem with her cleavage but, eh.

And in fact, I think this may play very well into hinting at her being playable - you don't see Mythra's underwear in her spirit image, so why do they need to give her leggings? Well, if she's playable, they need the spirit design to match her Smash design, which in turn needs to be in line with ESRB (although both XC2 and Smash are rated 12+ over in the UK, so I don't see the problem)

Clutching at straws, I know :)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hmmm.
Personally, I prefer her original design as opposed to covering all her skin up.
I would say if they absolutely had to censor Pyra, I wouldn't have a problem with adding something to her back.
But I'd personally leave her arms, waist and legs alone.

I can understand Mythra's censorship now I've thought about it, because her short dress will show her underwear, whereas leggings cover it up - I don't get the problem with her cleavage but, eh.

And in fact, I think this may play very well into hinting at her being playable - you don't see Mythra's underwear in her spirit image, so why do they need to give her leggings? Well, if she's playable, they need the spirit design to match her Smash design, which in turn needs to be in line with ESRB (although both XC2 and Smash are rated 12+ over in the UK, so I don't see the problem)

Clutching at straws, I know :)
You forgot that if Mythra gets to be playable and have a 3D model in Ultimate's gameplay, there will be plenty of people pausing the game and rotating the camera to look beneath her dress.

zferolie

Smash Hero
You forgot that if Mythra gets to be playable and have a 3D model in Ultimate's gameplay, there will be plenty of people pausing the game and rotating the camera to look beneath her dress.
Melee had that for Peach, but in later games they just put a black void down there

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Exactly. If XC2 Screen captures are anything to go by, this would be a big problem if she didn't have full leggings, and unless she had a full length dress there would be no other way to censor her (unless you go the KH3 route)

Again, I still don't get the breast thing - and again I don't see the point of censoring any of this since both Ultimate and Xenoblade 2 have the same age rating. Surely Xenoblade should have been censored or rated higher if Smash doesn't meet the same ESRB criteria?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Interesting development in Xenoblade Chronicals 2. A free update came out, and gave Mythra her Smash Redesign as a free costume for her.

Could this mean DLC chance, as they want to show how it looks in 3d before smash does it?

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
It is a bit strange to me how they would censor Mythra and not Pyra, when she is almost equally "scandalous" if you want to call it that.

/tinfoil hat on

When you pick up the new item in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the NPC says; "Just personal opinion of Brobro, but should be just right for Blade who really into smashing and brawling."

Which is quite funny, as I personally think it hints towards Smash. However, Mythra doesn't do any smashing or brawling herself in Smash, she is just a spirit. But as said, between her, and Pyra, she is the only one who gets a change.

Therefore, Mythra will be one of the upcoming DLC figthers to represent Xenoblade next to Shulk, and as well as represent one of the big system sellers on the Switch, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, since Rex made it as a Mii costume.

/tinfoil hat off

zferolie

Smash Hero
It is a bit strange to me how they would censor Mythra and not Pyra, when she is almost equally "scandalous" if you want to call it that.

/tinfoil hat on

When you pick up the new item in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the NPC says; "Just personal opinion of Brobro, but should be just right for Blade who really into smashing and brawling."

Which is quite funny, as I personally think it hints towards Smash. However, Mythra doesn't do any smashing or brawling herself in Smash, she is just a spirit. But as said, between her, and Pyra, she is the only one who gets a change.

Therefore, Mythra will be one of the upcoming DLC figthers to represent Xenoblade next to Shulk, and as well as represent one of the big system sellers on the Switch, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, since Rex made it as a Mii costume.

/tinfoil hat off
I do like that tinfoil theory, and could happen with mythra in torna and not pyra(as far as i can tell as i havent played it yet) i will still miss pyra and hope they actual are the same charatcer as a stance changer like in my op post

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
I was running around in XB2 earlier (I can't believe I'm still busy with that game even after I've put over a thousand hours into it...) and came across that nopon that gave out the new aux core. When he said it was right for a blade that's into "smashing and brawling" I paused and wondered, "Could this be some sort of Smash reference?... nah...", then I saw the name was "Massive Melee Mythra" and thought, "then again...", and equipped it just to see it looked like something straight out of Censor Land and went, "What is going on here?!" lol I guess she was considered too sexy for a E10+ game, so they had to cover her up. But if you ask me, covering the goods only makes them hotter. This is a battle they can't win! :p
The fact that that aux core actually grants even higher crit increase than Crit VI means it is actually quite suitable for her, so I'll likely be sticking with it. I actually like the black and white mix on the new outfit. Makes it look cooler to me. I guess they didn't think Pyra needed anything since her chest and leg-connecting spot are fully covered, so she can show off all the thigh/back she wants. lol

I think of the concepts for them I've seen, I like the idea of taking a bit from both X2 and Torna and being able to switch between both of them and rex, with there being advantages to keeping them together and switching at the right times. Something akin to Pokemon Trainer but with the characters being much more interactive and dependent on each other. I think that could bring something fun, new and unique to the table. I worry Pyra and Mythra without Rex could end up being another Zelda/Sheik situation, and would forever condemn Rex since a certain somebody apparently has the mindset of, "this character was like this once, therefore they must remain that way forever!"

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I was running around in XB2 earlier (I can't believe I'm still busy with that game even after I've put over a thousand hours into it...) and came across that nopon that gave out the new aux core. When he said it was right for a blade that's into "smashing and brawling" I paused and wondered, "Could this be some sort of Smash reference?... nah...", then I saw the name was "Massive Melee Mythra" and thought, "then again...", and equipped it just to see it looked like something straight out of Censor Land and went, "What is going on here?!" lol I guess she was considered too sexy for a E10+ game, so they had to cover her up. But if you ask me, covering the goods only makes them hotter. This is a battle they can't win! :p
The fact that that aux core actually grants even higher crit increase than Crit VI means it is actually quite suitable for her, so I'll likely be sticking with it. I actually like the black and white mix on the new outfit. Makes it look cooler to me. I guess they didn't think Pyra needed anything since her chest and leg-connecting spot are fully covered, so she can show off all the thigh/back she wants. lol

I think of the concepts for them I've seen, I like the idea of taking a bit from both X2 and Torna and being able to switch between both of them and rex, with there being advantages to keeping them together and switching at the right times. Something akin to Pokemon Trainer but with the characters being much more interactive and dependent on each other. I think that could bring something fun, new and unique to the table. I worry Pyra and Mythra without Rex could end up being another Zelda/Sheik situation, and would forever condemn Rex since a certain somebody apparently has the mindset of, "this character was like this once, therefore they must remain that way forever!"
I mean, I wouldn't mind Rex being part of the moveset, its just... it would be quite odd having to swap between Rex Pyra and Mythra, I know pokemon trainer does it though so thats possible...

DigiTAG

Smash Rookie
Add me to the list of supporters, please.

To be honest, I don’t really see it happening. I feel like, if they had a chance of DLC, then Sakurai would have made Rex a DLC Fighter instead of a Mii costume. Plus, the Rex costume has Pyra’s weapon, and it could be weird to have two characters using the same weapon.

That being said, I would certainly be ecstatic to see them in. XC2 is my second favourite game, and even though they are technically sword characters, the Aegis is a unique enough sword that I feel like they could have a really fun and interesting moveset. Plus, Mythra was one of my favourite characters in XC2, haha.

Also, I hope I don’t sound rude here, but Rex’s English voice kind of grates on me, and I’m not a big fan of his design, so having Pyra and Mythra in without Rex would be a best case scenario :p

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Add me to the list of supporters, please.

To be honest, I don’t really see it happening. I feel like, if they had a chance of DLC, then Sakurai would have made Rex a DLC Fighter instead of a Mii costume. Plus, the Rex costume has Pyra’s weapon, and it could be weird to have two characters using the same weapon.

That being said, I would certainly be ecstatic to see them in. XC2 is my second favourite game, and even though they are technically sword characters, the Aegis is a unique enough sword that I feel like they could have a really fun and interesting moveset. Plus, Mythra was one of my favourite characters in XC2, haha.

Also, I hope I don’t sound rude here, but Rex’s English voice kind of grates on me, and I’m not a big fan of his design, so having Pyra and Mythra in without Rex would be a best case scenario :p
XC2 is straight up my favourite game - one of those experiences that resonated with me. I'm hoping for Pyra and Mythra to be DLC and I'm expecting them to be without Rex, as at the end of the day, he is not the popular one.

I'm from yorkshire in the UK, so as much as I'm used to the accent, it's a lancashire accent - it's ingrained within me to dislike it!

Jokes aside, I feel this will be an Inkling situation, where they will definitely be in the next game - but I would love them to be amongst this stellar roster.

DigiTAG

Smash Rookie
I'm from yorkshire in the UK, so as much as I'm used to the accent, it's a lancashire accent - it's ingrained within me to dislike it!
Oh hey, I'm from the UK as well. I'm not really sure why I dislike Rex's voice, to be honest, there's just something about it, I suppose.
Jokes aside, I feel this will be an Inkling situation, where they will definitely be in the next game - but I would love them to be amongst this stellar roster.
Ah, good point.

Last edited:

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
Hello guys!
Whether Pyra/Mythra comes out or not, I have a cool idea.
If they become playable, changing form between Pyra and Mythra like Shulk's monado art will be cool.
Electric and wind based attack when Pyra-mode.
Fire based attack when Mythra-mode.
And "Pneuma" mode for the final smash.

Lets share some thought about possible movesets!!

Top Bottom