• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two other in added video game oriented Disney characters added to smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph4smash!

Smash Rookie
You all remember Sora from kingdom hearts was added to smash. Ok everybody wants Waluigi, but before or... If waluigi is added to the next future smash game, why not add both Tron and Wreck-It Ralph into smash?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Personally, though this is just my own personal take: whilst I think they'd probably be the best outright "Disney picks" if they had to be added, I feel like it'd be much more interesting to see picks from the video game space specifically in the Smash series.

That isn't to say they would be "bad picks" in a Disney game though - I adore Tron and there's so much potential there, and Ralph would also bring a cool and pretty damn unique moveset compared to a lot of folks. Even if they might not fit too great in the mainline Smash series, they'd still be cool to play as in a platfighter of some kind.

also come to think of it there were several actual tron games back in the 80s

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Explain the TRON arcade game
Basically,

The movie TRON features several games made by Flynn in his spare time at ENCOM including Light Cycles (the bikes one) and Space Paranoids (where the Recognisers are from). These games are used as a form of gladiatorial combat in ENCOM's systems, which (following the introduction of the MCP) is being used to weed out dissenters such as the actual Tron (who is a security program originally coded by Alan Bradley, but he was cut off from Bradley following the infiltration of ENCOM's central server via a hacker, who was actually Flynn using an early iteration of CLU) and thus ended up being forced into said gladitorial combat in the form of the five games that Kevin Flynn programmed on ENCOM's servers in his free time (which Dillinger stole and then used as leverage to get a promotion.) The TRON arcade game is directly based on the film but was retroactively inserted into Tron: Legacy as like a sort of inside thing, given that it features a disc sequence, the I/O tower sequence, the lightcycles and the tank stuff. Thing is, the TRON arcade game is not canon to the TRON universe: nor is Discs of TRON for that matter. Within the world of TRON, there's obviously Flynn's games but also a few more made by him after his promotion to ENCOM's CEO position. Bear in mind that TRON 2.0 is technically "canon" but to a diverging timeline, so it's not canon to Tron: Legacy making it technically irrelevant in today's space: but games like TRON: Evolution and TRON: Identity are canon to the mainline timeline in the form of the Legacy one - but also note that TRON: Evolution - Battle Grids isn't canon to either timeline, nor are Kingdom Hearts 2, TRON: Run/r or Fall Guys.

Tl;dr, the TRON arcade game was made specifically to tie into the film - it's not representative of the arcade games that existed within the film's world.

Last edited:
I don't think Tron or Wreck-It Ralph really cut it, but if you want another Disney rep...
While that makes perfect sense to use a Club Penguin rep, I'd rather go for one with a distinct name and personality, rather than a generic Penguin. Someone like Captain Rockhopper or Herbert P. Bear, for example.

But personally, in the sense of Disney video game characters, Club Penguin, Tron, and Wreck-it Ralph are just scratching the surface.

I think Flippy from Toontown Online, Swampy from Where's My Water?, or Ned Needlemeyer from Nightmare Ned would also work.

Heck, why not a Spectrobes rep, if we want to be really obscure?

My point is, if Disney should be on the table, then a second KH rep would not be the only surefire option to take.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We have a thread for the next smash, but like other users mentioned, characters must originate from a video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom