• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two game cards. Two Captain Falcons. Who wins?

Garus_Aran

Smash Rookie
Hello there!

Can anyone shed some light on something I tried with Captain Falcon? Here's the info:

Using two 3DS consoles, each running Smash, I entered the online 1-vs-1 mode and selected Captain Falcon for each 3DS.

After a few attempts to find each player for a match, I built up damage in both fighters repeatedly and simultaneously using Falcon Punches (being sure to roll dodge occasionally, which helped to line up perfectly and avoid idling disconnects). Eventually, launches ended both stocks and sudden death started.

I continued Falcon Punching until sudden death ended in a simultaneous double KO, which ended the match and revealed the winner.

However, all movements and actions in each match were accurately repeated. Also, the finishing scores (and match statistics) were all identical.

So how was the winner decided?

Oh and by the way, it was NOT the same winner every single time. And there didn't seem to be any pattern to who won.

Thanks if you have any insight on this!

Garusan

Kankato

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps they decide the winner via coin flip? It's such a niche case that I could see a system like that being implemented.

Garus_Aran

Smash Rookie
Perhaps they decide the winner via coin flip? It's such a niche case that I could see a system like that being implemented.
Ah sorry - I may not have explained that correctly. What I mean is, when the above procedure is carried out exactly as described, how is the winner of the online match decided?

Is there something precise in the software or online environment that makes the decision, or is it purely a random decision?

It's curious because, as stated before, the finishing scores (and match statistics) were identical for each player. And both fighters reached the blast zone at the EXACT same time during the Sudden Death, just like how the Sudden Death appeared in the first place (simultaneous loss of remaining stocks).

Last edited:
Top Bottom