• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two Final Smashes?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Ever since Ryu was added, a neat feature to his character was also added. Extra moves based on button presses and two Final Smashes. One for when you are up close to your opponent and one when you are far away.

I saw these two Final Smashes Ryu had and thought about how maybe other characters could as well. A bunch of characters already have a FS that only work when up close already. They could perhaps invent longer range ones for those characters. And for characters who have longer range FS they could invent a close range one.

Also, a few characters got a new FS in the 3DS/WiiU game, perhaps in the next game those characters could get there old ones back with there new ones as well.

Like for example when Dedede is close to an opponent he performs the Dedede Burst but if he's not close to anyone he performs the Waddle Dee Army.

What do you think of this idea? It sounds pretty cool but I don't know how difficult it might be to impliment.

Either way here's some ideas I had for characters having two Final Smashes.

Pikachu
Close Range: Catistropika
(A flash of electricity burst from Pikachu, the opponent nearby is blasted to an arena where a cinematic of Pikachu doing his signature Z occurs. This move is pulled from Sun & Moon.)
Any Range: Volt Tackle
(Pikachu transforms into a ball of electricity that flies around the stage)

Meta Knight
Close Range: Galaxia Darkness
(Meta Knight swoops his cape in front of him, pulling the opponent into darkness where he slashes his sword in a blinding flash.
Any Range: Meta Knightmares
(Meta Knight summons an army of his minion soldiers that attack everyone on the stage. This move is pulled from Planet Robobot.)

Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas as well.

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Kirby:
Close range: Ultra Sword. A flurry of close ranged attacks that ends in a powerful finishing slice. References Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

Any Range: Robobot Armor. Kirby jumps into his armor and uses many of his iconic robobot powers as a transformation final smash. Powers include sword, Fire, Ice, Rock, Parasol, ECT. References Kirby Planet Robobot

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Skull Kid would have two final smashes: bringing down the moon and summoning an army of puppets.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong
Close Range: Close Kongbat
(DK does a flurry of punches and kicks as seen in Donkey Kong Coutry Returns and Tropical Freeze)
Any Range: Konga Beat
(DK plays the bongo sending out powerful shockwaves when the button is pressed with the right timing)

Fox
Close Range: Arwing Assualt
(An Arwing swoops directly in front of Fox and sends the opponent up into space. The Star Fox team then flies around shooting their target that is helplessly floating in space)
Any Range: Landmaster
(Fox summons the Landmaster that he drives around the stage, running into people and shooting them)

Morbi

Scavenger
The only problem is characters, such as Marth/Ness, that have a final smash that is not really range dependent or transformation characters. In general, I just prefer them to update the lame Final Smash attacks that have nothing to do with their series such as Mario or Link.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
How about four final smashes? Neutral, Forward, Up and Down? Neutral could be close range and forward could be long range.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
How about four final smashes? Neutral, Forward, Up and Down? Neutral could be close range and forward could be long range.
I thought making a way to choose your Final Smash similar to Customs in Smash 4 would neat, but I like this idea as well.

-

Though I'd feel it be a tad on the lazy side, seeing all the Brawl Final Smashes back as options would be cool. I miss Chef Kirby and Aura Storm, and picture BotW Link getting a new Final Smash, with his previous one returning as the alternate.

With Ryu specifically, I think he should keep his unique Final Smash based on enemy proximity, and have his alternate Final Smash be something like turning into Evil Ryu.

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
I see this happening.

I feel like the second one would just be like Giga Mac, though and be a character boost instead of an actual different move like Sheik's Light Arrows, or Villager's House building.

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Mario:
Any range: T-Rex Capture: where he uses Cappy to capture the t-Rex and gains the powers from it, kinda like a smaller but faster Giga Bowser

Close Range: Hammer: Mario pulls out his hammer from the mario and Luigi series and he winds it up for huge knock back. If you press the button at the right time, the excellent sign from the game will pop up

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I think multiple Final Smashes is a cool idea. Could easily just be mapped to taunts instead of B.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
The only problem is characters, such as Marth/Ness, that have a final smash that is not really range dependent or transformation characters. In general, I just prefer them to update the lame Final Smash attacks that have nothing to do with their series such as Mario or Link.
Marth's Critical Hit shoots him across the stage so I figure that would be a long range Final Smash. If he's up close he'd do something different. Ness' PK Starstorm seems like an any range type of FS so if he was up close to someone I think he'd do something different.

The reason I always wanted two Final Smashes for a character is because there are certain stages that make certain Final Smashes utterly pointless or ineffective. Giving a character another option depending on the circumstances would make nabbing that Smash Ball seem all the more useful.

That might be too much work for the developers. On top of that, the player needs to be able to recover with Up Special if they are holding on to a Smash Ball.

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
That might be too much work for the developers. On top of that, the player needs to be able to recover with Up Special if they are holding on to a Smash Ball.
You know what was too much work? Coming up with 8 custom moves for 58 different characters. This, to me, seems a bit more feasible.

Also, either the up+b final smash could raise the player up, or it could be a risk while holding the Smash ball and once someone grabs it everyone will want to knock them off knowing they can't recover.

JawshGray

Smash Rookie
It would be pretty cool if Sonic had a Hyper Sonic variant, but it was more so an automatic move rather than you controlling him in the style of Super Sonic. It'd be cool.

G-Unit

Smash Cadet
Maybe a Final Smash I or Final Smash II option you can set to before the match begins would be a cool idea.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
You know what was too much work? Coming up with 8 custom moves for 58 different characters. This, to me, seems a bit more feasible.
The custom moves were slight variations on the preexisting moves. With the exception of Palutena and Mii Fighters everyone had minor alterations rather than an entirely new special move because it would have been too hard to do. I suppose if you wanted everyone to just have slight variations of their Final Smash then maybe that would be more feasible.

Also, either the up+b final smash could raise the player up, or it could be a risk while holding the Smash ball and once someone grabs it everyone will want to knock them off knowing they can't recover.
People naturally want to knock the Smash Ball out of the player already. You want to add another risk and penalty to having one?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I think a lot of characters should get power up type of final smash as their 2nd final smash something similar to giga bowser, giga Mac, Wario man, mega lucario
Lucario can have both mega lucario and have his brawl final smash and Luigi and R.O.B. as well can have their brawl final smash back

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I think a lot of characters should get power up type of final smash as their 2nd final smash something similar to giga bowser, giga Mac, Wario man, mega lucario
Lucario can have both mega lucario and have his brawl final smash and Luigi and R.O.B. as well can have their brawl final smash back
Do Yoshi, Sonic, and Diddy Kong’s count in this category? Or no because they fly.

Top Bottom