• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two Cool Kirby Techs

SCOAKS5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Littecoaks
3DS FC
0834-3506-2629
Before I continue, I don't know all of the percentages for all characters when these can be done.

I've never seen anyone use this so tell me if it's already been done. This first one is done as followed: up tilt, then short hop, then footstool. Immediately after footstooling, down b. If you take too long, they can roll away or go into a get up animation. Btw I case you didn't know, you cannot tech a footstool.

Note: this is not guaranteed. I've seen this used before, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Basically, you use weak hit of nair, and if they do not tech on the ground, you are home free. Once they are on the ground, use down tilt to lock them. When locked, they cannot roll or use a get up attack; they must use a neutral get up. Start charging the hammer then release it when they get up.

Last edited:

Noey

Smash Rookie
OMG! This is the kind of stuff Kirby needs! Even more footstool setups!
Thanks for discovering this! : D

breadstick24

Smash Rookie
F-Throw to D-air is not true, can be DI'd but is a fantastic thing to go for at low % especially if the opponent doesn't know the kirby matchup. Difficult to escape but doable.

SCOAKS5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Littecoaks
3DS FC
0834-3506-2629
F-Throw to D-air is not true, can be DI'd but is a fantastic thing to go for at low % especially if the opponent doesn't know the kirby matchup. Difficult to escape but doable.
Dang that's sucks, maybe a one time use then lol.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
F-Smash may be a better jab lock punish - we'd need to test.

Also, footstools can be di'd, so footstool to stone isn't guaranteed. But it's good damage when it works out, so.

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
I know this is an old post, but I actually made this discovery a while back and posted it on youtube!

F-Smash may be a better jab lock punish - we'd need to test.

Also, footstools can be di'd, so footstool to stone isn't guaranteed. But it's good damage when it works out, so.
Footstool to stone can be "DI'd" (actually just floating away from it), but only if it's really high into the air and depending on the character. It really is character dependent based off the aerial mobility a character has. For example, Jigglypuff will float further away than Fox will. Basically, characters with poor aerial mobility will get hit by it almost every time regardless of height. At low percents when you're lower to the ground it is a guaranteed setup regardless of character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom