• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two B-airs in one short hop?

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty common among YL and Link mains to SAF into another aerial. With Link - FH Nair > DJ Nair gives 100% coverage and active hitboxes. Usually out of SH Bair it's better to DJ Nair since both Link's Nair hits behind and is more active/powerful. When I land I usually U-tilt with Link to cover any advances from behind.

As for your question, it's not making sense to me. You just have to be fast starting the first Nair to have time to also DJ Nair before landing. You can move however you like, the air time is still the same unless you FF.

JANKX

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-3927-9545
What you saw Axe do is a double bair: first bair on the shorthop and the second bair on the double jump. For my fingers, the most reliable method to accomplish this is by using the control stick to jump and the c-stick to bair, but for more variation you should learn how to do it using face buttons, especially if you want varying degrees of aerial drift.

It's really important to to get the first bair out as close to the first actionable frame as possible, and then double jump immediately after the first bair animation completes. You don't have to be frame perfect, but there aren't many frames of leniency.

The last cool thing is that after the second bair, you have enough time to nair with an active hitbox.
2 bairs + 1 nair = triple aerial.

Last edited:

Diabolical PIe

Smash Apprentice
Triple aerials... across the sky... But seriously, just use tap jump and c-stick immediately. You still have more than enough control to cross up shields or do some precise positioning-- you have TONS of frames to influence your direction if you hit a shield.

Top Bottom