• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Kindergarten Ninjas of Diamond City - Kat & Ana for Smash Ultimate DLC

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's been a hot minute since I have been here, mainly since I moved on from Smash speculation, but it's worth noting that prior to E3, a leaker that ended up getting a lot of things right in the end also made claims that a WarioWare Switch is in development.

We have yet to see anything of it, but it does line up with the tease for a Switch entry in Gold and believe there was also talk of Ko Takeuchi currently working for a still unannounced Nintendo title.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, it's been a hot minute since I have been here, mainly since I moved on from Smash speculation, but it's worth noting that prior to E3, a leaker that ended up getting a lot of things right in the end also made claims that a WarioWare Switch is in development.

We have yet to see anything of it, but it does line up with the tease for a Switch entry in Gold and believe there was also talk of Ko Takeuchi currently working for a still unannounced Nintendo title.
That would be big if this was the case. We could actually get another WarioWare character in Smash.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
It would be nice if we got another Piranha Plant situation where we could get characters that aren't part of the Pass or a Season 2 Pass altogether, but honestly, I feel the Smash boat has sailed for this round.

Mind you this supposed Switch WarioWare entry has appearently been in development for a while now, possibly for long enough to make a promo character as part of the pass a possibility, I just don't see it happen, considering the direction the Pass has been going so far.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It would be nice if we got another Piranha Plant situation where we could get characters that aren't part of the Pass or a Season 2 Pass altogether, but honestly, I feel the Smash boat has sailed for this round.

Mind you this supposed Switch WarioWare entry has appearently been in development for a while now, possibly for long enough to make a promo character as part of the pass a possibility, I just don't see it happen, considering the direction the Pass has been going so far.
Well, to be fair, Warioware isn't exactly a recent IP, and there's still a lot of things going on behind the scenes we aren't aware about, such as why the Gold characters were excluded from being spirits or even appearing at all, despite the fact that WW regulars got to use art from Gold. And I severely doubt that they'd pick a recent WW character to be the next playable character over literally everyone that came before 13-Amp and Lulu.

Besides, no one still knows how much spirits actually affects things, when they're literally just trophies and stickers mashed together with a blender. :drshrug:

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, to be fair, Warioware isn't exactly a recent IP, and there's still a lot of things going on behind the scenes we aren't aware about, such as why the Gold characters were excluded from being spirits or even appearing at all, despite the fact that WW regulars got to use art from Gold. And I severely doubt that they'd pick a recent WW character to be the next playable character over literally everyone that came before 13-Amp and Lulu.

Besides, no one still knows how much spirits actually affects things, when they're literally just trophies and stickers mashed together with a blender. :drshrug:
I believe that Spirits are absolutely not deconfirmations. I find the idea of a jpeg stopping a character from getting in Smash completely ridiculous.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I believe that Spirits are absolutely not deconfirmations. I find the idea of a jpeg stopping a character from getting in Smash completely ridiculous.
At least one can make educated guesses on those that obviously won't be playable, like Dr. Kawashima and that one mahjong player. No one thinks literally everyone can become playable, I'm sure :p

By the way, it looks like our ninja gals and Mona's VA has had her next role revealed, in an unexpected source.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
We got more DLC, but I wonder how this would affect the Ninja Twins' chances. Probably not very good, but still probable of Nintendo wants to create a new WarioWare game and Sakurai has no intentions to promote ATs to playable status.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
We got more DLC, but I wonder how this would affect the Ninja Twins' chances. Probably not very good, but still probable of Nintendo wants to create a new WarioWare game and Sakurai has no intentions to promote ATs to playable status.
We already knew that the first 5 paid dlc would be third party characters since the previously information Reggie gave us the past year, after terry, i have no spectations of the fifth character, about the new dlc characters, we still don't know if Nintendo will repeat the same strategy, or maybe we'll finally get Nintendo reps (hopefully including the spirits) giving us a chance to get the twins in Smash. About a new Warioware game, even with the success of Gold, i think they will take at least one year to start the development of a new game for the Switch, probably we'll see a new rhythm heaven game before a new Warioware game

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
We already knew that the first 5 paid dlc would be third party characters since the previously information Reggie gave us the past year, after terry, i have no expectations of the fifth character, about the new dlc characters, we still don't know if Nintendo will repeat the same strategy, or maybe we'll finally get Nintendo reps (hopefully including the spirits) giving us a chance to get the twins in Smash. About a new Warioware game, even with the success of Gold, i think they will take at least one year to start the development of a new game for the Switch, probably we'll see a new rhythm heaven game before a new Warioware game

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If anything, I would expect one of the other WW regulars to get promoted, most likely from the old guard. The only question is whether Sak sees all the secondary characters as equally important or not.

At any rate, we can only wait and see. If the cycle lasts long enough, with any luck, we could see a new WW by the time they decide to pick someone from the series.

On a related note, something I occasionally thought about; what if we got a reveal trailer done in the style of Gold, with various regulars trying to catch the invitation until it finally gets caught by the chosen one?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If anything, I would expect one of the other WW regulars to get promoted, most likely from the old guard. The only question is whether Sak sees all the secondary characters as equally important or not.

At any rate, we can only wait and see. If the cycle lasts long enough, with any luck, we could see a new WW by the time they decide to pick someone from the series.

On a related note, something I occasionally thought about; what if we got a reveal trailer done in the style of Gold, with various regulars trying to catch the invitation until it finally gets caught by the chosen one?
Kat & Ana are a part of the old guard, they've been around since the first game.

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of how they'll play, I can imagine the duo will act similarly to the Ice Climbers in a way with the player controlling Kat, while the CPU controls Ana mimicking the player's movement, or if someone has already thought of that.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
On the subject of how they'll play, I can imagine the duo will act similarly to the Ice Climbers in a way with the player controlling Kat, while the CPU controls Ana mimicking the player's movement, or if someone has already thought of that.
I think that's what will probably happen anyways.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Do you guys have any ideas for what stage Kat & Ana should come with?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Gold did pretty well despite it coming out at the very end of the 3DS's lifespan, and that was enough to warrant a Switch entry. I believe that now the WarioWare character threads are going to get more attention now.

Top Bottom