• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Kindergarten Ninjas of Diamond City - Kat & Ana for Smash Ultimate DLC

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Finally got around to play Super Mario Party, for the first time recently and discovered a fun WarioWare reference, that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere.

I always love it when the Mario spin offs do stuff like this, asking for a Wario character as a next step is obviously a lot to hope for and I don't expect it personally, but who knows, watch Mario Kart 9 surprise us, when we least expect it.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
asking for a Wario character as a next step is obviously a lot to hope for and I don't expect it personally, but who knows, watch Mario Kart 9 surprise us, when we least expect it.
By now I'm convinced Ashley will eventually make it into Mario spinoffs due to her insane popularity in Japan. But probably not as part of the base roster.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
By now I'm convinced Ashley will eventually make it into Mario spinoffs due to her insane popularity in Japan. But probably not as part of the base roster.
And it's only going to be her when that ends up happening, in other words: nothing for me to look forward to.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Well, seems that the Young Cricket and Master Mantis PV was delayed or cancelled. Not counting Wario and Lulu, they were the only chatacter remaining for a promo. Maybe the video will be uploaded in the next days.
By the way, i was absent the past 2 weeks due to the holiday period, but better late than never: Happy new year!, And i hope all of you still enyoying the game as much as i do. I'll still supporting Kat & Ana for Ultimate untill the future games of SmashBros Series.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Well, seems that the Young Cricket and Master Mantis PV was delayed or cancelled. Not counting Wario and Lulu, they were the only chatacter remaining for a promo. Maybe the video will be uploaded in the next days.
I assume it was delayed to next week, the last one came out close to Christmas and I'm pretty certain that Ko Takeuchi is doing these on his own and I'd hope he got a holiday break, which would understandably delay the video.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
The best part is that they actually answered the long standing question of whether the Young Cricket-like character in Rhythm Heaven Fever's Kung-Fu Ball is him:

Turns out that was Young Cricket all along, which is especially cool because I never expected to get an official confirmation one way or another.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Probably the last of the promos
Say, could someone post this in the Mona thread? I would but I'm trying to avoid double-posting and all. Also, I did NOT expect Nintendo to acknowledge that Young Cricket was the little boy in Rhythm Heaven's Kung- Fu Ball minigame! Man, I always thought Nintendo would simply leave that oddity as a 'riddle for the ages'.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
WarioWare Gold was the 38th best selling game of 2018 in Japan.

Goes to show how well the game is pulling it's weight there, it's also the only 3DS game released in 2018 to sell at least 100k at retail in Japan.

While this is all fantastic news it does make me wonder what numbers the game could have pulled, if it was released in a healthy time for 3DS software.
Well, for an almost death console, the sales of Warioware were pretty good, even the game sold better than Dragon Ball FighterZ, the Japanese people are very special

warelander

Smash Journeyman
You know, I have to wonder, do you think the fanbase's "yet another swordman" stigma will get in the way of Kat/Ana support? It's an issue that has to be considered, since it'd be a bigger obstacle than Ashley fans.
I sincerely doubt it would and it never should, since so much of that is based on people being ignorant to what these characters can do (Isaac in particular is a good example of one that barely even needs his sword for moves), leading them to quickly write them off just because they happen to wield a sword.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I sincerely doubt it would and it never should, since so much of that is based on people being ignorant to what these characters can do (Isaac in particular is a good example of one that barely even needs his sword for moves), leading them to quickly write them off just because they happen to wield a sword.
Yeah. The stigma against sword wielders is preventing people from noticing many great characters, with them being ignored or downright criticized. Blame FE and its 7 reps (3 of which are derivative fighters) for that.
Warioware still deserves a rep.
that's all :)
Considering how good Gold is selling (for a game on a dying console) it could encourage Nintendo to put in a WW character.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's odd that there is not a single new WW track in the game, especially considering that Nintendo likes promoting WW now. It's just something to think about.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is the 500th post on this thread. Thank all of you for supporting these ninja kindergartener twins. They're not an Assist Trophy this time around, and with Ashley stuck as an AT, they finally have a shot at joining Super Smash Bros!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, for an almost death console, the sales of Warioware were pretty good, even the game sold better than Dragon Ball FighterZ, the Japanese people are very special
Yeah. That's impressive for a game released on a dying console. All the more reason for the series to get a Switch game and a 2nd Smash character.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Anyone still remember the WarioWare Gold marketing stunt from last year, where Wario took over the eShop?
https://wariofranchisefanblog.tumbl...wario-taking-over-the-eshop-was-easily-one-of

Looking back this really was a first major sign of how much Nintendo stood behind the game, which was later followed by the promo videos and the Band Brothers collab contest (which to my knowledge still hasn't had it's winners announced).

It really makes me curious what the future holds for the Wario series (and by proxy Kat and Ana of course), I do feel like Nintendo has shown a ton of goodwill towards it last year.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Haven't visited in a while. How's the kat&ana fans doing?
Anything interesting pop up lately?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Haven't visited in a while. How's the kat&ana fans doing?
Anything interesting pop up lately?
Not much, other than that they are in the Top 7 in the RTC thread. I'm headed over there to solidify their position so we can rate them, which would get them more exposure in the greater Smash community.

Edit: I just rated them. Now, they will most likely be on the schedule for RTC.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not much, other than that they are in the Top 7 in the RTC thread. I'm headed over there to solidify their position so we can rate them, which would get them more exposure in the greater Smash community.

Edit: I just rated them. Now, they will most likely be on the schedule for RTC.
Oh ok. i dont know how the rtc thread works, but if they'll get rated i can check it out when that is.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I have a name for their Classic route: "Double Ninja Trouble".
I bet that they would fight against iconic duos from other games, like Mario & Luigi, Chrom & Lucina, Fox & Falco, and Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's official. On March 16th, Kat & Ana will be rated in RTC. Come down and support them!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Kat & Ana are now being rated in the RTC thread, so feel free to show your support in regards to their want ratings.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I just rated them now. Hope this would make the ninja twins more noticeable to the users here.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
There's also a brief Four Seasons bit in the big WarioWare Medley that also won. Very nice either way, said Medley and Metal Four Seasons were my favorite entries, so I'm pleased that both won.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There's also a brief Four Seasons bit in the big WarioWare Medley that also won. Very nice either way, said Medley and Metal Four Seasons were my favorite entries, so I'm pleased that both won.
Yeah. It's nice that the Ninja Twins get more exposure. In the RTC thread, I was upset when I heard people disconfirming them due to their status as "Master Spirits". They're just enforcing their beliefs that Spirits do deconfirm characters, and this is a game where Robin can summon Chrom to beat up Chrom.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's now been two months since someone last posted here. Anyways, E3 is approaching guys, and it would be nice to see some WarioWare content shown off.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
It's now been two months since someone last posted here. Anyways, E3 is approaching guys, and it would be nice to see some WarioWare content shown off.
Well, only 1 year has passed since the last Wario game, probably nintendo wont show anything relevant lika a new game, but i hope some content of warioware for another games like Animal Crossing, MarioMaker, or even SmashBros, i'm still thinking that the spirits doesn't mean deconfirmation, even if Kat & Ana are Master Spirits.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah. It's nice that the Ninja Twins get more exposure. In the RTC thread, I was upset when I heard people disconfirming them due to their status as "Master Spirits". They're just enforcing their beliefs that Spirits do deconfirm characters, and this is a game where Robin can summon Chrom to beat up Chrom.
The RTC thread is full of Wooloos anyway. Logic's left at the door, abandon all hope ye who enter, etc.

I'm sick of the Warring States Period of Smash speculation. Even if we won't get Warioware stuff, I really hope that E3 encourages people to finally stop tearing each other apart.

Top Bottom