• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Kindergarten Ninjas of Diamond City - Kat & Ana for Smash Ultimate DLC

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That's what I'm banking on, not even any songs ripped from the games is a really extreme case of neglect.
Especially considering this is a franchise that Nintendo wants to promote, as shown by all the character videos that we're getting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey there's a player icon in ultimate for Kat & Ana. Even Mona.
(It's close to a screen length from the bottom.)
:)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I've been thinking that the lack of new Wario music may make a DLC WarioWare character more likely. It is weird that a series that Nintendo wants to promote (as shown by all the character videos) gets no new music at all. Not even rips. Also, Nintendo is picking the DLC characters themselves.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I've been thinking that the lack of new Wario music may make a DLC WarioWare character more likely. It is weird that a series that Nintendo wants to promote (as shown by all the character videos) gets no new music at all. Not even rips. Also, Nintendo is picking the DLC characters themselves.
There's also the fact that Crunchii didn't have time to upload more than 600 out of the 900 songs for Ultimate (unless someone beat him to the punch).

Although your theory makes sense. And if Kat & Ana aren't taken in consideration due to their Master Spirit status, it means Mona is next in line.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There's also the fact that Crunchii didn't have time to upload more than 600 out of the 900 songs for Ultimate (unless someone beat him to the punch).

Although your theory makes sense. And if Kat & Ana aren't taken in consideration due to their Master Spirit status, it means Mona is next in line.
I highly doubt that Nintendo cares about Master Spirit status.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Considering that Robin can summon Chrom to beat up Chrom, I think that there would be no problems with Kat & Ana being Master Spirits and playable characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Considering that Robin can summon Chrom to beat up Chrom, I think that there would be no problems with Kat & Ana being Master Spirits and playable characters.
That'd be neat. Well, assuming the whole Chrom thing wasn't an oversight that'll get patched out of the game.

Although even then, some characters can be powered up by spirits of themselves, so what do I know.

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Spirits have been very much advertised as a replacement for trophies, if with more gameplay function, like the stickers tried to have. With that in mind, I sincerely doubt that being a spirit is a deconfirmation, even when they have a small part in World of Light, as a shop keeper, trainer or so on.

Sure, the playable cast only has alternate versions of themselves as spirits, while the regular versions are Fighter Spirits, but a very similar thing happened in For, where people thought Mewtwo and Lucas were deconfirmed since they had regular trophies, only for them to become DLC in the end, complete with new trophies.

Besides, we have stuff like Karts without any racers as spirits, meaning that lifeless objects are being treated the same way as actual characters like Mona, Toad or Impa, I sincerely doubt that Sakurai and his team take the spirit premise serious enough to make it an argument to deny characters a spot on the roster.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Besides, we have stuff like Karts without any racers as spirits, meaning that lifeless objects are being treated the same way as someone like Mona, I sincerely doubt that Sakurai and his team take the spirit premise serious enough to make it an argument to keep characters out of playable spots.
Let's not forget that animism is a concept in Japan, which is why you can see mecha pilots form a spiritual bond with their giant robots, for instance.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Let's not forget that animism is a concept in Japan, which is why you can see mecha pilots form a spiritual bond with their giant robots, for instance.
I mean that's just one example, there's also stuff like the Poltergust, Shine Sprites or Eggplants from Ice Climber, which are purely objects. My point is really just that the spirit premise isn't to be taken that seriously, it's no more of a deconfirmation then trophies were.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
If spirits were deconfirmations, then I’d unfortunately have to cut my most wanted down pretty severely, but thankfully you guys seem to have come up with some good points regarding how spirits are seeming to be treated. Now all we can do though is sit back and watch as corporate bs gets us the worst dlc line-up of all time (Minecraft Steve among others)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Looks like Kat & Ana (or any Spirit, Master or not) is still in the running.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Looks like Kat & Ana (or any Spirit, Master or not) is still in the running.
The total number of spirits is immense, Nintendo is putting almost all its characters there, including extremely important characters like Shantae or Rayman. I do not believe that the spirits are disconfirmation of DLC, that would limit the possibility to Third Party Characters or Nintendo characters that nobody knows (As characters for a posible future videogame).
Whatever, Sakurai said that all the DLC's will be completed in a year, so we'll have a lot to discuss untill the end of the next year.
Personally in these moments i put my focus in a future WarioWare game, and the remaining video promos of WWG (The Kat & Ana Promo Specially).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, guys. Uh, I hope this isn't bothersome, but could someone post in the Mona thread about the Wario-based findings we've come across in Smash Ultimate? I would, but I'd like to avoid double/triple-posting in there.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
At this moment there are already people with pirated copies of the game, please be careful with the spoilers in different internet websites (Included youtube)
in case you want to discover the whole game by yourselves.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
First leaks, now pirated copies, what the heck is wrong with some people on the internet? Why are they so desperate to spoil a great game before it happens?

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Well, now there's amiibo for the game already being sold, too...
I'd like to see an amiibo lineup for the Warioware series.
By the way, the game will be released in just one week, i think Is time to reflect and think, if you liked the final result of the game (Excluding the future post-release content of the game). Personally i liked the game even with some regrettable decisions (We could say that with the retirement of Kat & Ana's AT, the Warioware content is now less than the previous SSB games), but generally the game is much better than SSB4 in almost all aspects

warelander

Smash Journeyman
The Band Brothers x WarioWare contest now has entries online, here's a really sick metal remix of Four Seasons, made with the game's soundfont:

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
The four seasons cover sounds pretty weird, i don't think the song fits with the metal genre, neither with that high-pitched voice, but for some reason, i still love it.

By the way: 4 days for a new WarioWare promo, and 5 days for the release of the game

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
So far the Four Seasons remix seems to be doing well in the contest, which is good, because the winning tracks will become DLC for Band Brothers P, which would also make for an added push for Kat and Ana, since the game uses game footage for music videos to go along with the tracks, as can be seen here:

So Kat and Ana getting that treatment would be very nice to see, especially with a remix that I happen to really like.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619

Finally, too short in my opinion, but still pretty nice. Happy International Ninja Day!!!

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Disappointed that it's so short, but at least it does more to call back to their history in the series, with the surprising appearence of Boneheads and their animal friends.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
It's been confirmed by Reggie that all DLC characters will be from unrepped franchises. So unfortunately, Kat and Ana are out of the picture. Maybe next time.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Actually here's what Reggie actually said (3 minutes in)

He said nothing about franchises, but characters and the wording could either mean characters that weren't fighters before or characters that never appeared in Smash at all (which would be bad for Kat & Ana).

I will admit though, a lot of my optimism for anyone I wanted has strongly deflated.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's been confirmed by Reggie that all DLC characters will be from unrepped franchises. So unfortunately, Kat and Ana are out of the picture. Maybe next time.
That is actually untrue. Reggie said nothing about franchises.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
I think that each one of us has a point of View or expectation about the meaning of the Reggie's words in the interview, i have to say that even Nintendo could be retracted about they're saying outside the oficial scope.
I still remember when Sakurai once said in a past interview that SmashBros never had a fighting game chatacter due to the philosophy of the game, and years later, we got Ryu and Ken. I know that in the actual situation, the Kat & Ana's posibilities are practically null, but there can always be unexpected decision changes, remember that Nintendo only announced the first chatacter, the remaining could be diferent due to the first DLC reception

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Kat & Ana are definitely unexpected and fit the bill of Reggie's claims. I've been nominating them a lot in the RTC thread because I want more people to open up to the ninja twins being playable characters.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Well, seems that, excluding Wario and Lulu, we'll have one remaining video. By the way, the Dribble, Spitz and Orbulon promo Is a little bit boring

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I do appreciate the callback to Mega Party Games, never thought we would see Orbulon's disguise again.

In other WarioWare related news, here's a new, christmas themed Mona artwork.

Mona and Ashley are the only ones who got something like that and the latter's art, from what I remember, is recycled Badge Arcade art, so yah know, effort for other Ware characters, the Ashley era is truly over thank god.

Top Bottom