• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Kindergarten Ninjas of Diamond City - Kat & Ana for Smash Ultimate DLC

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
is supposed that a new WarioWare Gold promo video will be presented this week, after the halloween promotional video starring by Ashley, i hope to see the twins this Wednesday.
I'd love for the old fashioned japanese castle from their Mega Microgames story to be their stage, maybe even with Boneheads as a stage boss, to go along with it.
Would be interesting to see future DLCs adding elements to the Adventure mode as Bosses, new spirits or something else

warelander

Smash Journeyman
For what it's worth the current developments have further given me confidence that a Wario character isn't unthinkable, because over the course of the game's hype cycle, many highly speculated characters got deconfirmed.

Waluigi, Lyn, Takamaru, Krystal, Captain Toad, Ashley, Shadow, Spring Man, Skull Kid, Isaac(*sop) and Black Knight are all out of the running. Which leaves Chorus Kids, Elma, Banjo, Geno, Dixie, Rayman, Bandana Dee, Shantae, Lip and Rex (yes, I don't think he's out at all) and none of them are a guarantee.

Piranha Plant, while a brilliant joke inclusion, shows that Sakurai is willing to make anyone playable, if he sees a particular kind of merit to them, heck, Wii Fit Trainer was added due to the surprise factor she brought as well.

Basically what I'm saying is that if Sakurai looks at a Wario character (possibly even Kat & Ana) and sees something in them, he will do something with them, I said it before and I believe it even more now.

Not saying it absolutely will happen, but I don't think it's impossible at all.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
For what it's worth the current developments have further given me confidence that a Wario character isn't unthinkable, because over the course of the game's hype cycle, many highly speculated characters got deconfirmed.

Waluigi, Lyn, Takamaru, Krystal, Captain Toad, Ashley, Shadow, Spring Man, Skull Kid, Isaac(*sop) and Black Knight are all out of the running. Which leaves Chorus Kids, Elma, Banjo, Geno, Dixie, Rayman, Bandana Dee, Shantae, Lip and Rex (yes, I don't he's out at all) and none of them is a guarantee.

Piranha Plant, while a brilliant joke inclusion, shows that Sakurai is willing to make anyone playable, if he sees a particular kind of merit to them, heck, Wii Fit Trainer was added due to the surprise factor she brought as well.

Basically what I'm saying is that if Sakurai looks at a Wario character (possibly even Kat & Ana) and sees something in them, he will do something with them, I said it before and I believe it even more now.

Not saying it absolutely will happen, but I don't think it's impossible at all.
This is especially true considering Kat & Ana have been removed from the AT list. Only 7 ATs that were in Smash 4 (Kat & Ana, Saki, Lakitu, Infantry & Tanks, Tingle, Elec Man, and Magnus) were removed entirely, without either returning as an AT or being promoted to playable character status.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Their AT being gone does open some doors and again, I find it interesting that instead of them just being relegated to Spirits, they are Master Spirits, complete with dialogue:

asdf.PNG

Again, I don't think being a spirit is a deconfirmation, not even in Master form, because Spirits are in their own seperate modes and as Daisy, Yoshi and Wii Fit Trainer have shown, you can be both a Fighter and a Spirit.

Plus, I just like that instead of just removing their AT and calling it a day, they gave Kat and Ana the Master Spirit treatment, thus still giving them something in the end. I can't say for sure, but I like to see this as a sign that there is a certain fondness for them, in the development team.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
I can't say for sure, but I like to see this as a sign that there is a certain fondness for them, in the development team.
And that fondness and love was shown in the previous games. In Brawl they were chosen as Assist Trophies, even with more popular characters like Mona, Jimmy-T or Captain Syrup, and in SSB4 they weren't cut from the game even when Ashley was supposed to replace them (A situation that actually happened with Resetti and many others from Brawl).

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
As an add to my previous message, i have to say that something special has Sakurai (Or maybe Intelligent Systems) with Kat & Ana, due to the decision
of keep their, even with a game based on characters that the fans wanted in the game, setting an example to Issac, who has most likely returned
due to the petition of the fans (even if he returned as assist trophy and not as character), but Kat & Ana still persist as important characters in the game, even when nobody looks for them, and having a better position in Spirits than Jimmy-T and Mona in the game (characters with more popularity than Kat & Ana)
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1059958604818657282

Souw, Nintendo were the ones who came up with the DLC line-up, while I'm careful with how much I want to get my hopes up, they have been pushing WarioWare a lot recently, so...
Well, now with the comfirmation of Sakurai about the complete DLC Line-Up, i hope Kat & Ana are in the list

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo choosing the characters is a rather interesting situation. It's hard to say who exactly they would want in, but Smash is a convenient platform for advertising, so I'd be surprised if the focus wasn't mostly on their own franchises.

I feel like whether or not a WarioWare character ends up getting chosen entirely depends on how serious Nintendo is about pushing it, we can assume that the DLC plans were discussed and finished only recently, which excellent, because Nintendo clearly has WarioWare on their minds right now, but that's all speculation.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I think dlc will end up being pretty much overrated characters + a few well received random picks. Either that or Sans, Minecraft Steve, Magikarp, Charmy Bee, and King Hippo

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Nintendo choosing the characters is a rather interesting situation. It's hard to say who exactly they would want in, but Smash is a convenient platform for advertising, so I'd be surprised if the focus wasn't mostly on their own franchises.
Seen from a marketing point of view, they probably choose characters that could generate more sales of the DLCs, as we seen with Bayonetta or Cloud.

As a reminder, Today we'll have a new WarioWare Gold video, maybe will be Kat & Ana's turn to present the game promo

warelander

Smash Journeyman
The new character trailer is up, this time with the Crygors:

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Well, I have to say that I found the video hilarious, seems that they put more love as the videos come out. By the way, in exactly 4 weeks (2 days before the Smash release) will be the International Ninja Day, maybe the Kat & Ana's video will be shown that day
PD: I really loved the Old-style Crygor reference

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I feel like whether or not a WarioWare character ends up getting chosen entirely depends on how serious Nintendo is about pushing it, we can assume that the DLC plans were discussed and finished only recently, which excellent, because Nintendo clearly has WarioWare on their minds right now, but that's all speculation.
Considering all the character videos that have been popping up lately I think that Nintendo is serious about pushing WarioWare Gold. It was a success despite coming out on a dying console. I think that this will give them the motivation to bring WarioWare to the Switch.

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Considering all the character videos that have been popping up lately I think that Nintendo is serious about pushing WarioWare Gold. It was a success despite coming out on a dying console. I think that this will give them the motivation to bring WarioWare to the Switch.
If the description on Master Mantis' B Rank card in Gold is any indication they might already be flirting with the idea of a Switch WarioWare.

It's hard to say, but I think it's safe to assume that the DLC line-up was decided only recently and honestly, if Nintendo ever were to ask for a WarioWare character in Smash it would be now.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Penny looks so cute with her bed head. :awesome:

If the description on Master Mantis' B Rank card in Gold is any indication they might already be flirting with the idea of a Switch WarioWare.

It's hard to say, but I think it's safe to assume that the DLC line-up was decided only recently and honestly, if Nintendo ever were to ask for a WarioWare character in Smash it would be now.
That'd be most excellent. With Ashley (and probably Kat/Ana) out of the running, Mona and Jimmy seem like the best candidates to pick.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Penny looks so cute with her bed head. :awesome:

That'd be most excellent. With Ashley (and probably Kat/Ana) out of the running, Mona and Jimmy seem like the best candidates to pick.
I think that Kat & Ana are still in the running. Their AT is gone and them being Spirit trainers won't stop them because the trainer Kat & Ana will never interact with the fighter Kat & Ana and Chrom still being in Robin's Final Smash is evidence that a character can have a non-AT significant role and still be playable.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think that Kat & Ana are still in the running. Their AT is gone and them being Spirit trainers won't stop them because the trainer Kat & Ana will never interact with the fighter Kat & Ana and Chrom still being in Robin's Final Smash is evidence that a character can have a non-AT significant role and still be playable.
Here's to hoping. They're currently in my "better luck next time" slot, so it'd be nice for me to be proven wrong there.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I wouldn't count them out yet, though I do agree that Mona is a very likely contender (should we get a WW chara) as well and I'd welcome either one or another Wario rep in general.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Yeah, I wouldn't count them out yet, though I do agree that Mona is a very likely contender (should we get a WW chara) as well and I'd welcome either one or another Wario rep in general.
If it was Sakurai picking, then I would think Kat&Ana to be the number one choice... but it’s nintendo, so they probably have a line of the stupidest characters that literally no one wants (especially if Vergeben is correct, but I don’t think he is because I don’t care what anyone says, Sakurai would not allow Steve in smash for his final game). And I know no one wanted Piranha plant, but the comments on him I noticed were mostly positive, aside from of course, top tier competitive players like ZeRo (but their reactions don’t really matter, because all they really care about are characters that are overly mainstream)

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
(especially if Vergeben is correct, but I don’t think he is because I don’t care what anyone says, Sakurai would not allow Steve in smash for his final game)
Not only that, but I can't see Katalina being a thing when Lucas would've been cut had Sakurai known Mother 3 is Japan-only, and Takamaru is forced into AT Hell because of his own (former) Japanese exclusivity.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Not only that, but I can't see Katalina being a thing when Lucas would've been cut had Sakurai known Mother 3 is Japan-only, and Takamaru is forced into AT Hell because of his own (former) Japanese exclusivity.
Yeah. I highly doubt that Katalina is in.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
but it’s nintendo, so they probably have a line of the stupidest characters that literally no one wants
Well, in my opinion, all the characters almost nobody wants were included in the game base because Nintendo wanted the DLC for the iconic, higly requested and popular characters (Excluding Piranha Plant cus it'll be a Free DLC) w, which nintendo knows they could generate more economic profit than if they were included in the final game. At the end, like all important brands, Nintendo always looking for ways to generate more profits for the brand.
I know K.Rool and Ridley were higly requested, but i think the reason was to give more initial profits to the game, then generate more with the DLC

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, in my opinion, all the characters almost nobody wants were included in the game base because Nintendo wanted the DLC for the iconic, higly requested and popular characters (Excluding Piranha Plant cus it'll be a Free DLC) w, which nintendo knows they could generate more economic profit than if they were included in the final game. At the end, like all important brands, Nintendo always looking for ways to generate more profits for the brand.
I know K.Rool and Ridley were higly requested, but i think the reason was to give more initial profits to the game, then generate more with the DLC
Anyway, I do think that Kat & Ana would be a good addition. They are easy to implement and Nintendo is heavily promoting WarioWare Gold despite it coming out on a dying system.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
By the way, what do you think about the spirit masters like Kat&Ana, Doc Louis, Toadette, Slowpoke, Captain Cuttlefish, etc. Could they be survivors of the Galeem's attack just like Kirby?. Perhaps they're trapped spirits that can be sabes just like the others, but maybe they decided to help the fighters instead of being released

smashkirby

Smash Hero
By the way, what do you think about the spirit masters like Kat&Ana, Doc Louis, Toadette, Slowpoke, Captain Cuttlefish, etc. Could they be survivors of the Galeem's attack just like Kirby?. Perhaps they're trapped spirits that can be save just like the others, but maybe they decided to help the fighters instead of being released
Sadly, Galeem seems to exterminated everyone in the Nintendo multiverse (everyone you mentioned included), but I'd like to think that their being Master Spirits is after WoL takes place.

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Ok guys, the development of the game has been completed, now Sakurai can start the development of the first DLC character (Of course he must polish and adjust the plant before). Although we have to wait 1 year for the game to be finally complete, i hope you all enjoy the game as much as I will.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's between Mona and Kat & Ana for the new WarioWare character (if there is one) at this point. Mona is more popular while Kat & Ana are easier to implement. Sakurai will essentially have to choose between popularity and convenience.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We never know. I'd still love to see them in. I dont really have expectations for which chracters will make it in at all at this point, but of course i'd love to have some of the characters i want in. :)

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
We never know. I'd still love to see them in. I dont really have expectations for which chracters will make it in at all at this point, but of course i'd love to have some of the characters i want in. :)
As we know Nintendo chooses the DLC characters for the game. They probably will be characters with a huge popularity, or characters that could sponsor or promote figure games, or whatever that generarte more money for nintendo. Anyway, i'm still have hope with Kat & Ana

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I won't lie, I expected more from a promo for the Volts, but ah well, Orbulon, Dribble & Spitz, Kat & Ana and Young Cricket are still left to go and Wario is likely going to be the big final one.

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
There is no Kat & Ana promo yet.
The international ninja day is in two weeks (wednesday), maybe nintendo is waiting for that day to show the Kat and ana Promo

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know this has been a posted a while back, but KoaraYMT on Twitter presented what seems to be some interesting AT concepts:

Even Lulu and Fronk have been considered.

Edit: While this was posted in the Isaac thread, I think this can be applied to our ninjas (even though they're master spirits):

Yes, that's what my source said. There's no word on a S2 at all at Nintendo atm. So, if people want to have an impact what characters they can get in the game (since ATs are apparently disqualified from wave 1), they should start pushing for a wave 2 NOW. It's the only shot to promote ATs. If there's no wave 2, push the AT characters you want promoted as hard as Ridley got pushed, because that's why Ridley got promoted from hazard to playable in this game.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
According to the music datamine, Wario isn't getting any new tracks.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
According to the music datamine, Wario isn't getting any new tracks.
So many good songs to choose from (Body Rock, Tomorrow Hill, Greenhorn Forest) but in the end we get shafted.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
All the more reason to start a campaign for Syrup. It's the only way to get any of that at this point, just look at all the DK music we got when K.Rool got in.
Maybe they are reserving extra songs for a possible WarioWare DLC fighter (Just maybe)

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Maybe they are reserving extra songs for a possible WarioWare DLC fighter (Just maybe)
That's what I'm banking on, not even any songs ripped from the games is a really extreme case of neglect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom