• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Kindergarten Ninjas of Diamond City - Kat & Ana for Smash Ultimate DLC

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure that some of them will get their own videos eventually.
Oh, at this rate I'm certain that the entire cast is going to get their own videos, I'm just surprised to see those five show up in Ashley's video, especially since it's pretty much a remake of this comic, where no Ware character besides her and Red got to make an appearence:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/kids/151014/ashuley/index.html

Goes to show how much Nintendo's treatment of them has changed.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Oh, at this rate I'm certain that the entire cast is going to get their own videos, I'm just surprised to see those five show up in Ashley's video, especially since it's pretty much a remake of this comic, where no Ware character besides her and Red got to make an appearence:

Your right. Kat & Ana were treated well, given that they got to be ATs in Brawl and Smash 4, but that might all change.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
In the middle of all of this leak drama, I think it's time we settle the ultimate debate:

Who is better, Kat or Ana?

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
In the middle of all of this leak drama, I think it's time we settle the ultimate debate:

Who is better, Kat or Ana?
As i said before, I don't see one of the twins above the other, they complement each other equitably and the only thing in which one earns the other, is the age (obviously biological age), but in my personal opinion, i prefer Ana (Her voice in WWG gave me diabetes)
By the way, Did you remember the last scene in Warioware Gold where the cast is sharing the money among themselves and they are babbling?

Actually, each of the characters have a perfectly audible line in the two cutscenes where they are arguing, showing dialogues about their money part, sharing, value of their jobs, their anger towards Wario, etc., excepting the Spain version where they are really babbling.
If you go to the Ana's dialogue lines of the english version, you'll hear something fun (the second line complements the first one).

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

What I find interesting is that this one was actually used in English promotion for the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KIRqjZnF9o

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Well, a new Smash Bros Direct has been announced for this thursday, probably will be the last opportunity for Kat & Ana (and many others characters we want) before the release of the game, cross your fingers and wait for the best. I'll be disconnected untill the direct ends, or if nintendo shows information about Kat & Ana (Maybe a new video promo or something else).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, a new Smash Bros Direct has been announced for this thursday, probably will be the last opportunity for Kat & Ana (and many others characters we want) before the release of the game, cross your fingers and wait for the best. I'll be disconnected untill the direct ends, or if nintendo shows information about Kat & Ana (Maybe a new video promo or something else).
Just remember not to lose hope if they're not ATs, there's still the DLC possibility.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yup there's always dlc for everything.

The question is are they going to show a bunch of assist trophies too? That'll tell us which ones probably wont make it in dlc.
In whatever case, it's hype :)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah. I'm hoping that Kat & Ana are announced, but I'm not holding my breath.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah. I'm hoping that Kat & Ana are announced, but I'm not holding my breath.
Any girls, would be please me.
Kat & Ana, crossing fingers. They can even be echos or semi-clones so i hope they saw that potential :)

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
This is the last chance for every character I like, and I won’t even be able to watch until after school on the day of arrival, so I’ll probably be avoiding this site as to steer clear of the spoilers on Thursday.

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie, the wait for the direct is legit not easy, knowing that we will likely know the full roster by the end of it and what the fates of my most wanted characters will be.

I am putting my biggest hopes into Isaac, since he is very much a Ridley/K Rool type of character that has had consistent support over the years, but I am keeping an open mind that I could end up getting some other pleasent surprises, like a new Wario rep, Arle Nadja, Porky and so on.

We will see, if Kat and Ana aren't in the direct at all, I will support them as DLC, if they are Assist Trophies again I will support them for the next Smash, no matter how far away that one is and if they are in, I will be overjoyed.

No matter what happens, either of these three scenarios will occur.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Something interesting I just found out, thanks to a friend.

Basically, from what he can gather, Nintendo announced a contest where participants will remix a bunch of selected songs from the WarioWare series in Band Brothers P. The best entries will be posted on Nintendo's youtube account and will be judged by the WarioWare Team, and the best ones will be made downloadable inside Band Brothers P.

It's Japan only, since Band Brothers P. was only released there and if I'm not completely missreading something really badly, then Four Seasons is part of the song selection (the second song on the list).

It's worth noting that the game previously had a remix of Ashley's theme as a DLC track, so this is yet another example of Nintendo becoming more inclusive with their WarioWare exposure, by giving the entire series attention and not just a single character, not to mention the series getting pushed so much in general now.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's only one day away. It's the time to find out the real deal. Whatever it is, it's worth seeing what nintendo's put together.
Good luck and let's enjoy the unique time this is. :)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Even though their chances are very low I'm still holding on to a tiny sliver of hope. Let's go Kat & Ana!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hopefully that means we get them as DLC. Their omission from the AT lineup seems odd.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hopefully that means we get them as DLC. Their omission from the AT lineup seems odd.
Only 5 ATs that appeared in both Brawl and Smash 4 have been removed. They are Infantry & Tanks, Kat & Ana, Lakitu, Saki Amamiya, and Tingle.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Well, I contemplated the possibility that in the end they did not appear in the game, even as AT, we'll have to wait and see if Sakurai. We'll have to wait if Sakurai includes them in the DLC, as we could see, Kat & Ana appears in the game as Spirits, i hope that does not take away his chances for the DLCs.
By the way, honestly the only thing i liked about the direct, was the inclusion of the Piranha plant. even being an deliberate troll character, the moveset & animations are hillarious and very original, i'm sure nobody saw it coming (I think not even sakurai), in fact, the plant will be my main character in the game
for the simple reason that it is very original for the game.
I know a lot of people are disgusted and angry with Sakurai due to the actual situation about the characters they wanted (Like the deconfirmation of Issac, Ashley, Waluigi, Shadow, Etc. being assist trophies, or maybe the possible non-inclusion of the characters they want due to they are actually spirits), i already saw that the possibilities of entering Kat and Ana were few, but personally i'm very satisfied with the actual content of the game.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
As much as Isaac's deconfirmation saddens me I am at least really happy with the Wario love we are getting, regardless whether or not Kat and Ana will make it as DLC they at least still have a role, which I'm grateful for and Wario Land is finally getting more love, with Cannoli, the Shake King and even Shokora showing up as Spirits.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Only 5 ATs that appeared in both Brawl and Smash 4 have been removed. They are Infantry & Tanks, Kat & Ana, Lakitu, Saki Amamiya, and Tingle.
I think sakurai didn't saw necessary to continue using pixel Assist trophies (or maybe they were removed due to technical dificulties with the game or something) , and Tingle take back his role as a Hazard in Great Bay stage, but i'd like to considere the situation with Saki and Kat & Ana, there could be something planned for those removed Assist Trophies.
An important point to consider: Kat & Ana Appears in the new adventure mode as spirit trainers, but actually they haven't been showed as trapped spirits themselves. I hope that can increase the chances of the twins for the future DLCs.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, I don't think being a spirit really does anything bad for your chances as a playable character.

It remains to be seen what will happen with Kat and Ana from here, I'm happy they still have a role at all and I think it says something positive on whether or not Sakurai likes to work with them and I also feel like a WarioWare character as DLC makes sense, since Nintendo is pushing the series a lot now.

Regardless what happens I'm content with how things are for the Wario series in Ultimate right now, because it's visibly not getting shafted this time around.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be fair, I don't think being a spirit really does anything bad for your chances as a playable character.

It remains to be seen what will happen with Kat and Ana from here, I'm happy they still have a role at all and I think it says something positive on whether or not Sakurai likes to work with them and I also feel like a WarioWare character as DLC makes sense, since Nintendo is pushing the series a lot now.

Regardless what happens I'm content with how things are for the Wario series in Ultimate right now, because it's visibly not getting shafted this time around.
Yeah, possibly. However, if no Wario character is in as DLC, I can at least understand why; the franchise was in a very bad place by the time Smash 4's development cycle ended and Ultimate's started, so adding a new character wouldn't have been justified (not even Ashley, who was getting overexposed anyways). Now with Gold's success, on a console that's steadily getting less support no less, Wario in general will get a bright future in future Smash titles, I think.

As much as Isaac's deconfirmation saddens me I am at least really happy with the Wario love we are getting, regardless whether or not Kat and Ana will make it as DLC they at least still have a role, which I'm grateful for and Wario Land is finally getting more love, with Cannoli, the Shake King and even Shokora showing up as Spirits.
I prefer adult Shokora (even though I'm more inclined towards long-haired ladies), but that's just me.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Although Kat & Ana are Spirit trainers, they can still be playable characters. Chrom is still a part of Robin's FS despite being playable. This shows that a character who appears in another big role in the game besides being an AT still have the possibility of becoming playable.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Although Kat & Ana are Spirit trainers, they can still be playable characters. Chrom is still a part of Robin's FS despite being playable. This shows that a character who appears in another big role in the game besides being an AT still have the possibility of becoming playable.
What do you think would happen if Robin performs a Final Smash against Chrom?. Would Robin have a replacement just like Toon Link in the Spirit Train Stage or something?. Personally i think Sakurai should change the Robin's Final Smash, or at least change the support character in the same one.

In that case, the 5 remaining characters would be mostly third-party characters due to the enormous content of characters in spirits. I'm also thinking that the characters showed as Spirits have the chance to become DLC characters (excepting the already showed Assist Trophies)

warelander

Smash Journeyman
In that case, the 5 remaining characters would be mostly third-party characters due to the enormous content of characters in spirits. I'm also thinking that the characters showed as Spirits have the chance to become DLC characters (excepting the already showed Assist Trophies)
I don't think they would corner themselves that much, I mean Wii Fit Trainer can be both a fighter and a spirit:
edregrese.PNG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vylSadDyFqI

So we are already seeing that a character can be both.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Why are people getting the notion that smash dlc will be mostly third party?
Because 4’s DLC was mostly third party, DLC appears to have already been decided (thus excluding potential advertising picks), and most first party candidates are disconfirmed.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Because 4’s DLC was mostly third party, DLC appears to have already been decided (thus excluding potential advertising picks), and most first party candidates are disconfirmed.
Well, it doesn't mean that all first party pics are deconfirmed.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
No, 4’s dlc consisted of 4/7 first party: Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Corrin. Saying that the dlc consisted mostly of third party is a common misconception that I hate. Also Spirits don’t do anything to characters chances, I don’t know why I have to keep saying this: WII FIT TRAINER AND DAISY SPIRITS HAVE BOTH BEEN SEEN, thus proof that being a spirit says nothing of chances.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Now, back to Kat & Ana. What stage and music do you want them to come with?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
No, 4’s dlc consisted of 4/7 first party: Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Corrin. Saying that the dlc consisted mostly of third party is a common misconception that I hate. Also Spirits don’t do anything to characters chances, I don’t know why I have to keep saying this: WII FIT TRAINER AND DAISY SPIRITS HAVE BOTH BEEN SEEN, thus proof that being a spirit says nothing of chances.
Yeah, but veterans are obviously impossible and I explained earlier why advertising picks like Corrin are as well. That leaves third parties.

Also, I never said Spirits disconfirmed characters. But most characters that actually have a chance are disconfirmed in other capacities.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, but veterans are obviously impossible and I explained earlier why advertising picks like Corrin are as well. That leaves third parties.

Also, I never said Spirits disconfirmed characters. But most characters that actually have a chance are disconfirmed in other capacities.
You can't predict the future by looking at the past. Things change, friend.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Now, back to Kat & Ana. What stage and music do you want them to come with?
Talking about the DLC, i think each of the characters, do not necessarily have to be linked with the Music pack or the Stage included, so in my opinion,
as long as Kat & Ana are in the game, the stages or the music are a bit indiferent to me, but it would be nice to see Diamond City as Stage. About the music, i don't know the full Song list of the WarioWare series in the game, so i'll wait untill the release of the game to give my opinion about the Songs in the DLC

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I'd love for the old fashioned japanese castle from their Mega Microgames story to be their stage, maybe even with Boneheads as a stage boss, to go along with it.

In terms of music I'd appreciate any Wario remixes, but in a pack with Kat & Ana there just has to be a Four Seasons remix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom