• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Kindergarten Ninjas of Diamond City - Kat & Ana for Smash Ultimate DLC

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, it seems that soon there will be a smash direct or a new character video reveal, due to the hidden videos that have been uploaded in the smashbros japanese YouTube channel, and the erased "new" label of Isabelle in the website character section, i hope to see a new character soon (of course, if they were to show us Kat &Ana, that would be better)
Yeah. A new character is coming. I'd love it if Kat & Ana were shown, but I'm not holding my breath or anything.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
On a different note, you guys fans of Kat and Ana's Split Screen challenge mode in WarioWare Gold? If you are then good news, because the music from that mode has been ripped a while ago:
Personally, i prefer four seasons from warioware inc, but i have to say that the Splitscreen song could fit more in smashbros in terms of battle ambientation, this song is simply energic and addictive

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
NOOOO! I was banking on the Music Theory to pull through. Dammit Fire Emblem! Why do you have to mess everything up?

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
The music theory is dead. Fire Emblem just got a second song.
This is exciting news, looks like Dixie Kong still has a shot at uniqueness (if this is real, doesn’t seem that there is a new blog post up yet). But I still think Kat&Ana have a legitimate shot even without the music theory. The bad thing is, this puts leakers like Vergeben back in the spotlight, and that is the last thing I want to happen.

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
The music theory decomfirmation opens the doors forma ossible newcomers with an already shown music in the website. Just remain to know the reason of the hidden videos, uploaded in YouTube the past week.
This is exciting news, looks like Dixie Kong still has a shot at uniqueness (if this is real, doesn’t seem that there is a new blog post up yet). But I still think Kat&Ana have a legitimate shot even without the music theory. The bad thing is, this puts leakers like Vergeben back in the spotlight, and that is the last thing I want to happen.
Well, the "leaks" and rumors on the internet will never cease untill the release of the game, probably we have even more after the release, speculating the inclusion of DLCs

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I never payed attention to the music theory. Doesn't mean much really, and since I think the more the merrier, I like that any series can get some characters.

Of course, I want new series to get some too :) Warioware I guess isn't really a new one if it's part of wario, but it could be totally new too.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
By the way, we have now a new video showing Jimmy-T
maybe we'll see the video of Kat & Ana next time

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Apparently, nintendo is showing us details about the legacy of the characters, previosly with Mona, and now with Jimmy-T, Maybe we can see the pets, or the villians appeared in the previous games.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I have to say, one thing that get's me about the current speculating and hoping for another Wah rep is that so far, Wario is among the franchises where we really haven't seen much content in Ultimate so far. At the moment we know of:

-Wario himself, along with the return of the Shoulder Charge and visual tweaks to his down throw, both of which help to make Wario a little more reflective of Wario Land.

-Ashley is an Assist Trophy again.

-Both previous Wario stages are back.

And that's it. There's always the unfortunate chance that the series will get shafted in terms of content, but there is that part of me that hopes that soon enough we will see a trailer for Kat & Ana/Mona/9-Volt/Captain Syrup and that the lack of any new Wario content for so long, was just a build up for said trailer, where we also get a new remix and Assist Trophy.

A man can dream and hey, Nintendo just dropped the Jimmy character trailer and if we get one every two weeks like it was for the first two, then Gold will be pushed for quite a while.

Plus, there's a chance that the description for Master Mantis' B Rank card in Gold is a tease of a new WarioWare being in the works for the Switch:
2.PNG

And if that's the case then a Wario newcomer in Smash would make for great advertising, especially since Nintendo is using the appeal of the Ware cast to promote Gold, with the character trailers.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I have to say, one thing that get's me about the current speculating and hoping for another Wah rep is that so far, Wario is among the franchises where we really haven't seen much content in Ultimate so far. At the moment we know of:

-Wario himself, along with the return of the Shoulder Charge and visual tweaks to his down throw, both of which help to make Wario a little more reflective of Wario Land.

And that's it. There's always the unfortunate chance that the series will get shafted in terms of content, but there is that part of me that hopes that soon enough we will see a trailer for Kat & Ana/Mona/9-Volt/Captain Syrup and that the lack of any new Wario content for so long, was just a build up for said trailer, where we also get a new remix and Assist Trophy.

A man can dream and hey, Nintendo just dropped the Jimmy character trailer and if we get one every two weeks like it was for the first two, then Gold will be pushed for quite a while.

Plus, there's a chance that the description for Master Mantis' B Rank card in Gold is a tease of a new WarioWare being in the works for the Switch:
View attachment 169386

And if that's the case then a Wario newcomer in Smash would make for great advertising, especially since Nintendo is using the appeal of the Ware cast to promote Gold, with the character trailers.
You forgot the stickers they added to the stage ;)

But yeah, it's lacking, which is one reason there needs to be more ;p
If not at base, then really hoping dlc can make something cool happen. open to both :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

View attachment 169386

That would make a lot of sense, if true. Let's hope something happens soon though, our natives here are getting restless.

Also, it's interesting that they acknowledged Jimmy's family for the first time since Twisted/Touched, I didn't expect that at all.

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619

View attachment 169386

Until now, the only thing we have not seen in Ultimate about previous SmashBros games (not counting the stickers or trophies), is the Kat&Ana's Assist trophy, but i think Warioware is one of the franchises that deserves more content in SmashBros Ultimate, with at least one contribution in every nintendo consoles since the Gameboy Advance, excluding the recent Nintendo Switch and the WarioLand series, even counting the DSI exclusive "Snapped":
GBA: Warioware Inc. Mega Microgame$
GCN: Warioware Inc. Mega Party Game$
NDS: Warioware Touched
DSi: Warioware Snapped
Wii: Warioware Smooth Moves
3DS: Warioware GOLD
WiiU: Game & Wario

Even Franchises like Metroid, Fire Emblem, or Kid Icarus were not seen in WiiU, demonstrating the potential and love that Nintendo has with the series

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Until now, the only thing we have not seen in Ultimate about previous SmashBros games (not counting the stickers or trophies), is the Kat&Ana's Assist trophy, but i think Warioware is one of the franchises that deserves more content in SmashBros Ultimate, with at least one contribution in every nintendo consoles since the Gameboy Advance, excluding the recent Nintendo Switch and the WarioLand series, even counting the DSI exclusive "Snapped":

Even Franchises like Metroid, Fire Emblem, or Kid Icarus were not seen in WiiU, demonstrating the potential and love that Nintendo has with the series
Yeah. And, considering how big of a success Gold was, they are obviously going to continue the series.

warelander

Smash Journeyman

That's something worth adressing, because the Wario series in general has a very impressive track record when it comes to attendance on Nintendo's systems:

NES: Wario's Woods

Game Boy (Color): Wario Land 1-3, Wario Blast

SNES: Mario & Wario, Wario's Woods + 2 Satellaview versions of Wario's Woods

Virtual Boy: Virtual Boy Wario Land

N64: Dr. Mario 64, which is a crossover with Wario Land 3 in all but name, to the point where the Wario elements overtake the Mario content

GBA: Wario Land 4, WarioWare Inc. Mega Micro Games, WarioWare Twisted

Game Cube: Wario World, WarioWare Mega Party Games

DS(i): Wario Master of Disguise, WarioWare Touched, WarioWare DIY, WarioWare Snapped, Paperplane, Pyoro

Wii: WarioWare Smooth Moves, Wario Land Shake It, WarioWare DIY Showcase

3DS: WarioWare Gold

Wii U: Game & Wario

The Switch is still young, but once that one get's a Wario game the series will have been on every single Nintendo system family, cementing it as a major mainstay among Nintendo's franchises. Heck, Wario Land outright replaced the handheld 2D Marios, until New Super Mario Bros hit the scene and WarioWare was a major headliner to show off every system's unique control methods for a similar amount of time.

Wario wouldn't have that consistent of a presence on Nintendo's systems if the big N didn't see big value in it and honestly, it further goes to show how big of a series Wario truly is.

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Gold is doing well for a 3DS game released in late 2018 (in Japan at least) but I think that can be tempered a tad. It's still on track to be the lowest-selling game in the series after Game & Wario and the download-only games.
I think the only problem that had warioware gold, was the release of the game for the 3DS consoles, a system that is currently in its final stage of life; a release on the Nintendo switch
could have generated more sales. I don't know why nintendo are doing itself competition with the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch, i know the old handled console still have its market, but at this times the 3ds are only harming the sales of the nintendo Switch. In my opinion, it does not seem like an intelligent market strategy

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think the only problem that had warioware gold, was the release of the game for the 3DS consoles, a system that is currently in its final stage of life; a release on the Nintendo switch
could have generated more sales. I don't know why nintendo are doing itself competition with the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch, i know the old handled console still have its market, but at this times the 3ds are only harming the sales of the nintendo Switch. In my opinion, it does not seem like an intelligent market strategy
Old habits. Nintendo always had a handheld to accompany whatever latest console it had. Now, sooner or later, that time will come to an end and the day that happens, it will be a fundamentally huge change since they'll only release a console by itself at a time, and they know this, so they try to stretch the 3DS' life as much as humanly possible (in contrast to Sony, which threw its arms and gave up on new physical portable games once the Vita didn't meet sales expectations after a while).

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Switch couldn't have Mike's microgames or modes meant for two screens.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
The Switch couldn't have Mike's microgames or modes meant for two screens.
You're right, but i was talking about the sales potential of the game in the actual consoles, not precisely the technichal abilities of each one. Anyway, perhaps WWG was in development even before the Switch comes out to the market

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You're right, but i was talking about the sales potential of the game in the actual consoles, not precisely the technichal abilities of each one. Anyway, perhaps WWG was in development even before the Switch comes out to the market
And if so, that would bode well for the chances that a WarioWare newcomer would become playable.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So if they got in what would their color palettes be? I'm assuming it'd be like the Ice Climbers where half of them have you using Kat and the other half Ana.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Let's be real, Gold was always going to face an uphill battle, in regards to sales, since 3DS games have been struggling for a while already, but the fact it seemingly did well enough that Nintendo still insists on pushing it says positive things.

Either way, as I made it clear I generally think that Wario warrants another rep for reasons beyond any current successes or releases (though those can certainly help). It's a mainstay franchise among Nintendo's IPs and it has a lot of history behind.

There is of course the fact that the series spans 20+ games and is frequently represented with various types of content in the Mario and Rhythm Heaven series and occasionally other franchises, but there is something to be said about the fact that even a game as overlooked as Wario's Woods has plenty legacy to talk about: There's the NES and SNES versions, two manga adaptations, two Satellaview versions and it's also been featured in Animal Crossing, Brain Age, NES Remix 2 and amiibo Tap.

Wario is not a minor series and it's save to say that Sakurai knows, Wario's placement in Brawl's Allstar mode reflects the release date of Wario Land 1, rather then Super Mario Land 2, Wario was the only character in Brawl to have a true alternate outfit and Wario got an Assist Trophy in Brawl, when rather few playable franchises got that treatment.

If Sakurai wanted a Wario character he would need little justification to do so, because the series has left it's own mark in Nintendo's history and actively shaped one of Nintendo's most recognizable characters into how we know him today.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So if they got in what would their color palettes be? I'm assuming it'd be like the Ice Climbers where half of them have you using Kat and the other half Ana.
That's how I picture it for sure, that way we can play with either Kat or Ana as the main one, depending on the choice. :)

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Well, my personal selection of colors would be like this:

Color 1: Original Default Colors (Blue And Pink)
Color 2-5: The 4 Multiplayer colors (used in WarioWare Mega Party Game$)
Color 6: Kimono Suit (As we saw Kat dressed in Mega Microgame$, and lately for both in Smooth Moves)
Color 7: School uniform (From Warioware Twisted)
Color 8: Theme park Uniform (From Warioware Snapped)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Let's be real, Gold was always going to face an uphill battle, in regards to sales, since 3DS games have been struggling for a while already, but the fact it seemingly did well enough that Nintendo still insists on pushing it says positive things.

Either way, as I made it clear I generally think that Wario warrants another rep for reasons beyond any current successes or releases (though those can certainly help). It's a mainstay franchise among Nintendo's IPs and it has a lot of history behind.

There is of course the fact that the series spans 20+ games and is frequently represented with various types of content in the Mario and Rhythm Heaven series and occasionally other franchises, but there is something to be said about the fact that even a game as overlooked as Wario's Woods has plenty legacy to talk about: There's the NES and SNES versions, two manga adaptations, two Satellaview versions and it's also been featured in Animal Crossing, Brain Age, NES Remix 2 and amiibo Tap.

Wario is not a minor series and it's save to say that Sakurai knows, Wario's placement in Brawl's Allstar mode reflects the release date of Wario Land 1, rather then Super Mario Land 2, Wario was the only character in Brawl to have a true alternate outfit and Wario got an Assist Trophy in Brawl, when rather few playable franchises got that treatment.

If Sakurai wanted a Wario character he would need little justification to do so, because the series has left it's own mark in Nintendo's history and actively shaped one of Nintendo's most recognizable characters into how we know him today.
Yeah. I can see the reasons why Sakurai would want to add a second Wario character.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
That's how I picture it for sure, that way we can play with either Kat or Ana as the main one, depending on the choice. :)
I assume it too, but also i'm pointing a possible scenario where Kat & Ana have a leader switch movement (something similar to PKMN trailer or Zelda/Sheik in the past games before ssb4) changing their movesets, that could add more variety to the color palettes of the characters and the preferences with the twins choices

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I assume it too, but also i'm pointing a possible scenario where Kat & Ana have a leader switch movement (something similar to PKMN trailer or Zelda/Sheik in the past games before ssb4) changing their movesets, that could add more variety to the color palettes of the characters and the preferences with the twins choices
I mean, that'd be fine for a taunt or holding it, maybe like a high five and that tags the other kid. Because they'd play the same so there's no point in using a b move for it.

Not to say they couldnt play differently, but that would take a bit more time to make.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
I mean, that'd be fine for a taunt or holding it, maybe like a high five and that tags the other kid. Because they'd play the same so there's no point in using a b move for it.

Not to say they couldnt play differently, but that would take a bit more time to make.
I guess tha could work for the tags, or maybe a character selection just like the echo fighters.
By the way, in just seven weeks the game will be released, and we still don't have a new Smash Direct or game information since the Isabelle presentation, i hope new details of the game soon, like the story mode or the vault in the game.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I guess tha could work for the tags, or maybe a character selection just like the echo fighters.
By the way, in just seven weeks the game will be released, and we still don't have a new Smash Direct or game information since the Isabelle presentation, i hope new details of the game soon, like the story mode or the vault in the game.
Heh, I haven't thought about what the vault'll look like at all actually. :ohwell:

And, yeah, a character selection-y sort of thing for them would be cool. :)

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Well, a new week is starting, i hope some Wario related information for the smashbros website updates, and the new Warioware Gold promo video, maybe featuring Kat & Ana

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
If the current release schedule holds up then we should be seeing a new WarioWare Gold character trailer either this week or early next week.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Wario music track on the Ultimate website plus points if it's not a third Ashley theme remix and double the plus points if it's a Wario Land track (a man can dream).

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/about/index.html
Well, aparently we have a new update from the Smashbros Website: the page says the game has a total of 72 characters, but currently the number is inconsistent to the actual number of the seen characters, even with combinations like counting PKMN trainer and Miis like one character, or counting the echo fighters separately.
Seems that the number represents the final number of characters in the game.
Probably, we'll see four new characters for the final direct, or maybe two if we speculate that the number 72 is the number of the slots in the character section of the website.
In the first case, they could add the new four characters, and add even more echo fighters. In the second case, we could probably see 2 new characters, a new fighter and an echo, or just 2 echo fighter.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Actually, the number is consistent. Echoes counted separately, Pokémon Trainer as a single character, and Miis as three different characters.

The number was 66 prior to the August Direct. It doesn't prove anything. It just updates as more news comes out.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
No numbers put out there are going to be final, there or elsewhere. They kept everything a surprise for a reason, and i dont think theyre going to slip up.

I hope there's at least 4 more for the base roster, though there could be more or less, but there's lots more potential for dlc after that. :)

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
People have already started giving up on there being anymore than 1 direct left. I still think we have 2, and one will be around November 28-December 3. Just a hunch, and I really hope that there is more than just two characters left, as that would be disappointing (unless of course the modes shown are nothing short of perfect), my only problem with two characters is that they will most likely be the weakest choices for newcomers this time. Still holding out hope for Kat&Ana and some of my other wants though (specifically Lycanroc and Tails)

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619

Well, the new promo released today is from ashley, actually a halloween theme video, at least Kat&Ana appears in the video

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I was very surprised by Kat, Ana, 9-Volt, Penny and Young Cricket showing up near the end, really nice that Nintendo is no longer shafting them.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I was very surprised by Kat, Ana, 9-Volt, Penny and Young Cricket showing up near the end, really nice that Nintendo is no longer shafting them.
I'm sure that some of them will get their own videos eventually.

Top Bottom