• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Kindergarten Ninjas of Diamond City - Kat & Ana for Smash Ultimate DLC

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
That timing for the direct is great for me, so I’m gonna watch hoping for some great news.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I'd likely need a bit to realize for myself that it's really happening and then grin like the biggest idiot in the world for quite some time.

Of course I would also fanboy about it on my Wario Fan Blog first chance I get, boy would I ever

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I would be so happy to see such a great pick make it in over all the overrated characters, considering these two have more personality than Geno and Skull Kid combined.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'd be surprised but over time it'd sink in and I'd be pumped :)

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
How would you guys react if Kat & Ana were announced tomorrow?
I would be really spasmed, happy and excited with the news. At this moment I even try to stay calm due to the hype i'm having for the anouncement of the new Nintendo Direct, this excess of emotions doesn't let me sleep(personally, I hope they now say something about the Metroid Prime 4 development). We only have to wait 24 hours more.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Well, looks like we won't be seeing a Direct tomorrow. A bit of a shame, but I can understand why Nintendo chose to postpone the Direct. Even though they're perfectly capable of announcing stuff, it'd get drowned out by news of the Earthquake and not get any traction. Well, that, and tact. Some people lost their lives or their homes in this Earthquake. If I could choose between putting Kat & Ana in Smash or making it so that the Earthquake never happened, I would choose the latter without a second thought. People's lives are far more precious than some video game.

Even so, it is slightly annoying that now there'll likely be another week or so to hold in the anticipation.

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, a bit of a bummer, but given the circumstances it's more then understandable. After all, an Earthquake isn't just some small inconvenience or annoyance, it's a horrific disaster that nobody should have the missfortune to endure or die to.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I’m tired of all these things going wrong when the hype could’ve never been higher. Should’ve seen all these things coming, now we’ll have to wait a week or two to see anything, and with my luck, they’ll do it in the middle of the day (when I’m busy with school) as opposed to the afternoon. (I hate myself for bringing so much bad luck anytime I do anything. I’m just starting to be annoyed at my bad luck.) I understand why it was delayed, but still, this has to be one of the worst coincidences that I’ve ever seen. Hoping the delay isn’t long so the hype cycle doesn’t just die down.

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
A very important decision, no matter how many of us are waiting here for the direct, security and safety will always be more important for people. I hope Japan recovers soon from this catastrophe caused by the earthquake

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I’m tired of all these things going wrong when the hype could’ve never been higher. Should’ve seen all these things coming, now we’ll have to wait a week or two to see anything, and with my luck, they’ll do it in the middle of the day (when I’m busy with school) as opposed to the afternoon. (I hate myself for bringing so much bad luck anytime I do anything. I’m just starting to be annoyed at my bad luck.) I understand why it was delayed, but still, this has to be one of the worst coincidences that I’ve ever seen. Hoping the delay isn’t long so the hype cycle doesn’t just die down.
Yeah. If it's too long than the hype will just die out.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Accidents happen. They suck, but it's not about your luck. I understand being frustrated though.
I'm a bit let down but I'm patient. Let's just allow Japan to recover from this, wish them the best, and re-hype ourselves when the time comes ;)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
One of my reasons why i want Kat & Ana in SSBU besides being my favorite characters, is the fact that they could adapt more in the ecosystem of SmashBros because they have precisely weapons, they have even been seen fighting in the cinematics of the game. Also you know Sakurai likes to put Sword characters in the game because of its versatility. But with his wit and creativity, they could put anyone he likes.
Well, you're right on this one. Kat & Ana, in my opinion, are more suitable for Smash Bros. than any other WarioWare character, Wario excluded because he's already in.
Also, good news, WarioWare Gold was reportedly the second best selling game of August, in Japan.

This further plays into it's decent performance there and adds fuil to the fire that Nintendo would do well to keep pushing it, perhaps even with a Wario newcomer in Smash.
The most shocking part about Gold's success was that it was released for the 3DS, which is a dying system.

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
The 3DS in my opinion, has already sold what it had to sell un almost 8 years. I don't know exactly how marketing works, but i don't think Nintendo still have to sell the 3DS, they are only generating competition to themselves. I think Warioware should have been the last game for the 3DS, even with the success of that one.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sometimes I like dark humour. I prefer cute humour when it comes to Kat and Ana though :)
I doubt they'd pick that date to reschedule the direct, but hey ya never know.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Sometimes I like dark humour. I prefer cute humour when it comes to Kat and Ana though :)
I doubt they'd pick that date to reschedule the direct, but hey ya never know.
Yeah. I don't think that they would have the direct on September 11th. However, the people of Hokkaido are getting their power back, so maybe a direct on that day can be possible.
I would be so happy to see such a great pick make it in over all the overrated characters, considering these two have more personality than Geno and Skull Kid combined.
Yeah. You're right. The ninja twins have more personality than the boring characters like Geno, Skull Kid, and Incineroar.

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I just remembered something. When Kat & Ana made their guest appearance in Rhythm Heaven, they had slightly different looking swords to usual. Instead of both of them having the same colour scheme, they were opposites.
Capture.PNG

Yellow and Purple... Remind you of anything?

This is obviously a stretch, but then again, so was the Skull Kid theory, and people are buying into that one.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
I just remembered something. When Kat & Ana made their guest appearance in Rhythm Heaven, they had slightly different looking swords to usual. Instead of both of them having the same colour scheme, they were opposites.
View attachment 162429

This is obviously a stretch, but then again, so was the Skull Kid theory, and people are buying into that one.
Certainly correc, but remember that the color of the chairs could be any speculation to other characters like Rayman, Shantae's hair, Waluigi, Skull Kid (Tatl and Tael) or even Genesect.
Anyway, perhaps Sakurai give us a surprise with the presentation of many new characters with that colors (Including Kat & Ana of course).
A little detail, if we take into account the legs of the chairs as a new color (Metalic), everything would be summarized to Kat & Ana's Swords. A curious posibility, but we know Sakurai likes to play with our minds.
Edit: By the way, the new issue of Famitsu magazine will be realized on September 13 in Japan, and they will share information abot the game, that could be new or something we already seen. Not sure if the publicación date of the magazine has been delayed due to the recent events, but we are close to the date

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
View attachment 162429

It is a stretch, but people can buy into it like they're doing with Skull Kid.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
The new Nintendo direct is inmininent, it will be aird tomorrow at 3pm PT. seems that they didn't cut content cus the broadcast will last 35 minutes, even with theprevious anouncements like Final fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered and others. I wish for the Kat&Ana's announcement, but i'd like another thing like Mitroid 4 Info, or perhaps, an amiibo lineup of warioware series

Teeb147

Smash Legend
All the luck for a fun character reveal :)
We'll see what comes up tomorow :D

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think 5 minutes makes sense.
I think it's going to be 1 newcomer and then 1 quick echo.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well with this logic, we might as well be getting that Gardevoir and Gothitelle leak being true.
Well a pokemon rep could make sense.

I was more thinking someone like Shantae, and then Kat & Ana :D
Lots of other possibilities too tho, and Isabelle makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Lots of other possibilities too tho, and Isabelle makes a lot of sense.
I might be the only person who doesn’t understand the love for Isabelle. I guess she just doesn’t belong in a fighting game imo. But then again, that’s just me.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I might be the only person who doesn’t understand the love for Isabelle. I guess she just doesn’t belong in a fighting game imo. But then again, that’s just me.
She's pretty much a/the mascot of Animal Crossing, so even though she's not a fighter, she'd be repping the series.
Fighters make more sense, but there's quite a few non-fighters in the game too.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
She's pretty much a/the mascot of Animal Crossing, so even though she's not a fighter, she'd be repping the series.
Fighters make more sense, but there's quite a few non-fighters in the game too.
Yeah, but with all they did in their own games, they worked perfectly (better than Bayo anyway, ****’s rigged to win every match). I’m just surprised people wouldn’t want a more practical character, such as crash bandicoot or shadow the edgehog.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Back to Kat & Ana, I would be excited if they were revealed tomorrow. but I'm not holding my breath or anything like that.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Back to Kat & Ana, I would be excited if they were revealed tomorrow. but I'm not holding my breath or anything like that.
You have no idea how many characters would kill me of excitement to see tomorrow. Tbh, it’ll probably just be the wtf pick coming at full force (here’s wurmple!)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
In whatever case we're in for a show. Can finally look to tomorow and enjoy seeing a reveal.
If we see something warioware, that'll be so cool.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
Of course all my wishes are with the inclusion of the twins, even with the few chances of them entering the game, but being exclusively a Nintendo direct, i only hope information about Kat & Ana, no matter if they were presented, Maybe a new WarioWare game, An spin-off videogames, or An amiibos lineup for the series.
Anyway, i'm sure regardless the information showed tomorrow, we are going to enjoy the presentation.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I am hoping for Wario news of any sort in the Direct, Kat and Ana in Smash would be an amazing one and I do expect at least one newcomer announcement, but we will see. There is a lot of stuff that I would love to see, Wario related news is just the ideal case scenario for me.

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
one hour left for the beginning of the nintendo direct presentation, i hope the event surpass all your expectations. i'll be disconnected untill the presentation ends. Greetings and have a lot of fun.

Top Bottom