• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 3 - Ottawa, ON - Results

Fogel

Smash Lord
Singles Results (17th on were eliminated in pools):

1. chesterr01
2. Bam
3. pkmvodka
4. Vwins
5. Locke)
5. tect
7. Kage
7. GanonPWN
9. Matt
9. Jih
9. Rimi
9. Shuriken
13. Dice
13. ThatGuy
13. WarranThad
13. Damax

Teams Results:

1. Team Smallville (Bam + Vwins)
2. Gumbot + pkm (Gpwn and pkmvodka)
3. Rather be Playing 3S as at Least That Way we can Parry (Matt + Thad)
4. Sweet Dreams (Damax + Kage)
5. We worth something!!1 (Jih + Jarc)
5. Ostrich (Locke) + tect)
7. Team Forward Smash (Cbone + Derek)
7. Spirit of the Teletubbies (ThatGuy + Apoc)
9. Emos/wrists (Fogel + Lanowen)
9. Saikyou Mara Futarigumi (chesterr01 + Rimi)
9. Spaghetti Monsters (Phrozn + Ben)

The actual brackets are in ThatGuy's post, lower down on this page.

Videos:

Link to Navo's videos post:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2387204&postcount=79

Jarc has some videos that should be posted sooner or later.

Singles pool results:

http://stuff.lanowen.com/Tournaments/ToS3/tos3pools.html

cF=)

Smash Lord
How's the tournament going ? Is there already some results like Doubles or something ?

Dice

Smash Lord
Doubles champs Vwins/Bam, second place pkm/zac, third place thad/matt i think?

Singles:
1. Chester
2. Bam
3. PKM

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Doubles Bracket

Singles Bracket

Woohoo I made it out of pools :psycho: maybe I'll actually advance a spot sometime too :dizzy:

Now it's up to Cameron to have the grueling task of posting pools results, lmao.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
slot saving post

props slops etc. later

remember to check back in for the action.

EDIT:

Great tourney, thanks to phogel+whomever else helped organize it.
Got to know people in the community that I knew about but had never played before/had never talked to, like Dice and Ganonpwn. Lot's of fun playing you guys and had tons of fun with the SF3:3S.

Teams was amazing as always and I cannot comprehend how everyone isn't dying to play. It's the most fun I have in this game and the sometimes chaotic nature of it really makes top players look even better when they can keep you blocking for 80% of the game and still save their partner from **** at the same time (here's looking at you, vwins and bam).

Nice, intense match with Team Ostrich, could have gone either way. Gpwn+vodka.... stomp stomp stomp stomp elbow! Hehe, was a great match and finally got myself recorded with a single win =). Still, getting rolled out sucked and matt+I really should have taken g4, disappointed in ourselves (although we'd most likely lose hard game 5, but that's not really worth mentioning, right? >_>).

Also fun beating big nose+big guy.

team acronym was we would rather be playing 3rd strike as at least that way we can parry, if you were wondering (L may have been dropped from bracket)

I went 5-2 in pools, losing to gpwn and vodka pretty hard and having good, close matches with apoc, jih and navo. Was fun playing jizriel and j______ too.

In the brackets I played rimi first and did alot better then last time I played him in singles (styd). I took the first game by a hair at 7:30~ and he did the same game 2 at 8:06 when we crashed into each other with me having 20% more or os. Game 3 was a flop to most peoples content (it was getting a bit long) but I'm glad I improved my peach vs peach game. Was the most intense match I've played in a while. I then lost to jih 2-1, making him 2-1 against me at tourneys... We're pretty evenly matched so I'd like to play him again next tourney and even it up! Kage also stepped up this tourney, he managed to beat alot of people I never expected him to be close to touching. I guess *****ing at him all that time helped him out... Or maybe he just got better. Matt did his normal thing and as did jay, and thatguy played well from what little I saw of him.

Vodka and chester were playing very well as well, as was tect. I think most of the other stuff was standard fare, besides a few people having off days.

Oh, also poker was fun, although A4os call? Sigh.

Other props:
24/7 7/11 with huge, tasty slurpees and hotdogs that you can put hot peppers, chili and
tax included on many things.
stomp x4+elbow
My DS+R4 for kirby and phoenix wright fun
Matt for being an awesome team partner
5 cent candy at 7/11
Those SF players. Was fun

slops:
Mcdonalds lunch
1.8 litre drinks from 7/11
4 packs of vinegar for one medium fry
iced tea
Chip wagon with $3 non-foot long hot dogs and 6.50 poutines.
jay's ****ty DS charger that made my DS go red 10 minutes into playing it.
my game 3 against rimi
Peach and Captain falcon for bad matchups against everyone.
Dice for taking my $1 because he knows how to grab in 3s and realized my lack of expecting overheads.

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
could somebody please get this cat off my head!!!

Thanks fogel for yet another great tourney

D

Deleted member

This is a complete guess..

RBP3SAATWWCP

Rather be playing 3rd Strike at a tournament which we could pwn?

Dang, some upsets at this tourney.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
wow chesterr won against vwins and bam back to back....i guess the non stop training for 2 weeks payed off eh?

cF=)

Smash Lord
Holy fuc-, somebody has to explain me everything because some major upsets are taking place.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I updated the first post with singles + doubles results (thanks ThatGuy!); I took the liberty of filling in the team names and members that were missing/incorrect.

Pool results will be posted later when I have a bit more time, same with my own personal shoutouts. Thanks to everyone for helping set up the room/clean up without me even having to ask, it was really nice of you all!

Dice

Smash Lord
Jarc didn't make it out of pools because he was playing like crap and just had a bad day.

yay for myself playing like crap the whole tournament, at least I won a dollar in 3s :D

Shoutouts at a later date.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Hey everyone, the stalker here. Hide your babies now.

Sry I don't feel like making a very long shoutout post, but I just wanted to say that I had a great time at this tourney meeting/playing/stalking every1. I was a bit disappointed with my performance, but oh well...

And lol at Jarc's burger swallowing skills.

Btw, gratz to chesterr01 for beasting every1 in singles. GJ to PKM, Bam, Vwins... our top 4 players are too good.

Also, props to Kage and Thad for their breakout performance. That Peach ditto against Rimi was awesome, but I guess experience won it at the end, eh?

Jarc didn't make it out of pools because he was playing like crap and just had a bad day.

yay for myself playing like crap the whole tournament, at least I won a dollar in 3s :D

Shoutouts at a later date.
Lol, Thad can b+Fierce and c.MK xx SA2, but he can't block an overhead punch on wakeup.

And I couldn't land a single close MP against that Makoto...

Anyways, SF2 FOR LIFEH!!!

D

Deleted member

I'm a big fan of Smash Bros Melee so I'm getting a big kick out of these comments

/obligatory

Damax

Smash Lord
I got home about 20 minutes ago and have a 2k word essay and a math final tomorow, so I won't start working on them 'till tomorow night.

On subject : I felt like jumping off a bridge about half way through pools.

Epic fail is me.
Cry me a river....

GG everyone... I wish my marth wasn't so newb.

Grats to Tect, chester, kage, matt, thad, for their good performance. keep it up noobs.

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Fogel for the awesome tourny... Jarc lawl burger. Bam thanks for showing me your dair moves.. ouch. Andy and other samus player; samus is broken. Sorry JayWinner about the up-air-and-smashes. haha sorry nox too about the fluke win by me. Grats Chet, and Bam. See u all probably at EC vs WC. Yo ottawa pepoles come out to the smashfests.

Dice

Smash Lord
Highlight of the tournament (besides 3s being there) was Ottawa Orgasms taking down GOSU. Poor guys were so cocky too.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Highlight of the crew battle is me up throwing mikey, doing an up air and right when I'm about to rest the level changes (the platforms move) hence making me miss the 3rd rest in that game.

Really fun stuff, kinda reminds me of Chets wall jumping.

Dice

Smash Lord
Thats what you get for picking a gay stage! :p

And what really reminded me of chet was when rimi went fox against jih's gdorf and instead of edgegaurding for a fairly easy kill, he walljumps and dies >_<

But the best part of the crew battle is when I got literally ***** by Bam on FD, i felt violated.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
SHOUTOUTS OMG!!!!

Jih, good matches on 2v2 with Jarc. And also at poker, you won at headups a coin flip luck more =D.

Jarc, *hugs* The hamburger thing was so great, much props to that and laughs! Sorry man, it just wasn't your day... but I did get my revenge from John Abbott =P.

GPwn, I think I got you a little scared hehe, but excellent matches, I wish I could of done better, just one, up smash... aww.. =P, and also in 2v2 great matches also, double sheik = **** man.. its very gay.

PKM, I only fought you in 2v2 and I guess good matches too =P.

Dice, your falcon is pretty good, you gave me tons of pressure but seems like i pulled it off in the end, great matches in pools and also you are a cool guy lol.

Tect, Just mark my words, I will come back for you.. and when I do, you will not know what just happened to you.. lol. Again excellent matches, I need to L2 beat foxes. You were indeed on fire today geez.. lol

Chet, I guess practice makes perfect.. you did extremely well, great duels man, my hope is to beat you one day and also I love your randomness out of nowhere its so funny lol.
Kage : You know if you ambush, backstab casters when there is a lot of players in bg around you can 2 shot them and then vanish so you dont get killed by everyone.
PKM : Ya its true...
Chet : Ya but it doesnt work if you have aggro..
hahaha!

Thatguy, Great time on the ride! And also, nice try on the duels.. the greatest strength is a lack of weakness, imo try to focus not to make the same mistakes again, I think thats how you get better more quickly. And again great time on the ride back! lol, HOLD IT! OBJECTION! lol.

Thad, Longest duels ever with Rimi lol nice try, but imo it takes a lot out of you if you fight that long right? You need endurance! lol.. and also great time everywhere for once.. lol drinking my sour apple slush to quench the spices lol.. doesnt go very well together. And also I crushed you 1v1 with your all in first hand lol, Ace/4 ftw! In 2v2, wtf man... no fair.. i got owned...

Matt, Je comprends rien.. lol.. je mai fait laver en 2v2 contre vous pi.. cest ca.. et jai aimer le stomp stomp stomp, coude contre PKM omg man.. lol. Jai pas vraiment regarder tes duels faique je sais pas quoi dire lol. Anyway, good **** man.

Rimi, make better choices next time.. thats all I can say..

Fogel, Thanks a lot for organizing this tournament! It gave me an opportunity to test myself and I did well. Thanks again!! =D *huge props* !

WarranThad

Smash Ace
"Thad, Longest duels ever with Rimi lol nice try, but imo it takes a lot out of you if you fight that long right? You need endurance!"

... endurance? lol

also typical kage post:

"XD lol I believe in myself and have the true spirit of the fighting warrior xd omg lol revenge =D =) ^_^ loololol lol rofl l2p k lol my nose is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG"

Locke)

Smash Ace
Chet: One day. 'nuff said.

Damax: Your marth is strong, but he has other moves than <- / -> on your yellow stick. I'll be looking forward to more rounds when we meet again.

Matt: Jesus man I've never been hit so hard with falcon before. Our pools match was over before I blinked. Throw in some mindgames and you're gonna overpower the majority of EC.

Vwins: You've trained your sheik to near perfection. It's pretty **** fearful.

I was glad I got revenge on most of my pool fumbles. Good **** everyone.

Damax

Smash Lord
Damax: Your marth is strong, but he has other moves than <- / -> on your yellow stick. I'll be looking forward to more rounds when we meet again.
Haha well.. my marth wasn't doing so well that day. I usualy uses more tilts. I was missing alot of short hop (weirdly) specially against tect. I missed alot of tippers because of that yellow stick that was buggin. I actually didn't except to win any ditto against you yet. Thanks for the comments.

Kage: F....Y.... (explicit language) for not even adding me to shoot outs.

Shoot out:

Kage: you f...ing s..k

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Andy and other samus player; samus is broken..
lol, yeah, mybad. (Andy btw)

Thanks to Fogel for the tournament and housing me! It was awsome.

I'm bad a shoutouts, it was all too good, get yourselfs ready and make sure you can bring your cans to TransCan, lawl.

It gonna be sweet...like a sandwich of all the best tournaments

Watch out at the next tourney, pretzel power ETA = :000

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Dmax, sorry I forgot!! So sorry! Anyways, Limit break! Beat rush, somersault!! lol, Nice teaming up with you, we did very well. TIPPER INTO TIPPER LETS GO MAN! I wanted to duel you in pools or brackets but it didnt happen so I cant say anything about that. I cant believe i forgot.. man I suck! Please Forgive me!

Top Bottom